PDA

View Full Version : Huns Demise

EasterRoad4Ever
01-11-2009, 11:44 AM
How will the fact that the Huns can no longer shop in M&S (let alone Harrods) and now need to start developing their own youngsters impact Hibs and our own youth policy ?

Could this see the better young talent in Scotland heading West if they now have a better chance of getting a game at Hunland ? And will we soon see the likes of Miller and Stokes targeted by the Huns in the usual attempt to steal our better players and weaken the competition ?

CalgaryHibs
01-11-2009, 11:56 AM
This probally would happen.

If yoo ask me the SPL should put in a 3 foreigner player rule which will help save money

CropleyWasGod
01-11-2009, 12:22 PM
This probally would happen.

If yoo ask me the SPL should put in a 3 foreigner player rule which will help save money

Never going to happen. EU rules.

Woody1985
01-11-2009, 12:24 PM
How will the fact that the Huns can no longer shop in M&S (let alone Harrods) and now need to start developing their own youngsters impact Hibs and our own youth policy ?

Could this see the better young talent in Scotland heading West if they now have a better chance of getting a game at Hunland ? And will we soon see the likes of Miller and Stokes targeted by the Huns in the usual attempt to steal our better players and weaken the competition ?

I said that it would hamper us a few days ago. It will be worse if we are forced to make up our teams of majority Scots then the best young talent would go back there.

I like the fact we can get players from them due to our reputation. Some of that work will come undone if they start getting dragged through there again.

Woody1985
01-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Never going to happen. EU rules.

How does that work though?

I believe Spanish football has a restriction on non-EU players. Is that something that has been decided at league level?

We could probably restrict non-eu players and not EU players but that's not much use to us with the work permit required to play here give that they would normally have to play something like 75% of their last 12 games. That would probably mean they were full internationals and out of our price range anyway.