PDA

View Full Version : Liam Miller (merged)

Higgy115
01-11-2009, 01:13 AM
Liam Miller is THE finest footballer we have had at Easter Road since Mr Sauzee.

Red wine has been involved today but....

Onceinawhile
01-11-2009, 01:32 AM
That is a hell of a statement.

I am led to believe that numerically there is only Sauzee

Bunter
01-11-2009, 04:53 AM
I'm pretty sure every SPL team would have taken Liam Miller in an instant. It seems one Aberdeen fan wouldn't. Post #24. Is this guy serious?
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2124039337

Dalianwanda
01-11-2009, 05:20 AM
Yeah hes a fud..Some decent comments there too though....At the end of the day we won & if the had taken a point they would have been delighted..Good grafting Hibs :agree:

hibiedude
01-11-2009, 05:22 AM
The guy posted just after seeing his team lose, there is a lot of good and fair posts in that link that you didn't mention. :confused:

Liam Miller is a class that's why he plays at Hibs. :thumbsup:

We had a post about Andy Driver on this site and a lot of guys stated they wouldn't touch him with a barge pole but he would walk straight into any team in the SPL including the forces of darkness. :agree:

Dalianwanda
01-11-2009, 05:55 AM
:greengrin

SlickShoes
01-11-2009, 07:04 AM
I'm pretty sure every SPL team would have taken Liam Miller in an instant. It seems one Aberdeen fan wouldn't. Post #24. Is this guy serious?

Couldnt read most of his post it was like another language, what does fa mean?

lapsedhibee
01-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Couldnt read most of his post it was like another language, what does fa mean?

Who.

"Fit" generally means "what", as in "Fit like min?" ("How are you doing, old chap, what larks and that?")

Disc O'Dave
01-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Who.

"Fit" generally means "what", as in "Fit like min?" ("How are you doing, old chap, what larks and that?")

So when an Aberdonian fellow is trying on shoes, and it's unclear what is the right and left shoe he will say:

Fit Fit Fits Fit Fit?

lapsedhibee
01-11-2009, 09:38 AM
So when an Aberdonian fellow is trying on shoes, and it's unclear what is the right and left shoe he will say:

Fit Fit Fits Fit Fit?

Indeed. (Though heard more often out of the mouths of quinies than loonies, for obvious reasons.)

Hibs90
01-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Miller done okay yesterday, wasn't his best performance I thought.

Hank Schrader
01-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Miller done okay yesterday, wasn't his best performance I thought.

I thought he played well. Apart from one or two misplaced passes he kept possession and brought others into play. Plays with his head up and to me is a class act. Best midfielder we have had at the club in a long time.

random sub
01-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Miller has been a really good signing so far......he has a way to go to get near to being as good a signing as Frank, but here is hoping.

sleeping giant
01-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Liam Miller is THE finest footballer we have had at Easter Road since Mr Sauzee.

Red wine has been involved today but....

I said roughly the same a few weeks ago:agree:

More to come from Miller IMO:agree:

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 01:13 PM
We have not had his type of quality in the midfield for a while. He plays with his head up, and can pick a pass. He also travels well with the ball, and has a very good engine. If he was 21 we would be looking at a lot of money to sell him.

Personally at his age, 28 i think, i'd like to see us keep him, and build a team around him.

lucky
01-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Miller is an outstanding player who has found a very good side kick in Kevin McBride. the pair of them complement each other very well and bring the best out of each of other.

Aldo
01-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Bah humbug frae those Northern Huddies. At the end of the day we played ba d, good, indifferent and won!!!!

Most teams in the SPL, Including the OF will be wondering where the dosh is coming from. We have quality players that would walk into any other SPL team and that includes the OF.

Murray, Bamba, Deek, Stokes, Miller, Zemmama, Benji

Do you think the sheepie fans would like the above in their team.............answer is

YES.

Sorry the post was about Miller. This guy is quality and at the right age.

sairheid
01-11-2009, 02:44 PM
When considering how well Miller has done in recent weeks, you also have to take into account the volume of work he (and McBride) are asked to do in midfield in what is basically a 4-2-4. Phenomenal workrate from the two of them yesterday.

camhibby1
01-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Have only read this thread. Miller is a class act and I hope he stays. Martin O'Neill wanted to build a team around Miller - that wasn't to be. If, and it's a big if we were to get into Europe this could be the incentive for Miller to commit further to Hibs. I'd be more than happy if Yogi were able to do what MON wanted to and could not. I was also interested in Yogi's comments that it was Miller who got in touch with Yogi - says a lot for the guy that he's committed to 2 years. He's certainly along with Deeks the most natural footballer in our team and along with McBride puts in a shift. Would love it if he stayed longer than his initial contract. I am not convinced that money would be the determining factor with Liam - he wants to play football with a team that wants to entertain - in that respect he's right up there with 'le god' Frank Sauzee!

Alex Trager
01-11-2009, 05:32 PM
He is by far one of (if not the)the best in the team he does his job extremely well, you see him never give up tll he feels justice is done.He is a person who if does not win a tackle gets up and goes for it untill he gets the ball , likewise when he's tackled. He is an oustanding provider in our team:top marks:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 05:37 PM

Not to mention McGhee...

He wouldn't swap any of his "superstars" for any of our lads. :wink:

As for Miller being one of the finest players since Sauzee...

I still think Zemmama is the best we currently have. :fez:

Although Zemmema and Miller are 2 different players.