PDA

View Full Version : Benji in the huff?

Dr_Regal
31-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Can anyone confirm that Benji walked straight up the tunnel when he was subbed today?

PaulSmith
31-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Can anyone confirm that Benji walked straight up the tunnel when he was subbed today?

so what? trying to make something out of something that isn't there?

shamo9
31-10-2009, 05:49 PM

Yes... although it doesn't necessarily mean he was in the 'huff'.

Winston Ingram
31-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Yes... although it doesn't necessarily mean he was in the 'huff'.

I agree. The words 'mountain' & 'molehill' spring to mind:agree:

Dunbar Hibee
31-10-2009, 05:52 PM

i hink the guys just asking a question calm your ar$e doon :agree:

scoopyboy
31-10-2009, 05:54 PM

If so why mention part 9 in the title?

The Sundance Kid
Just shows that he wants to play. Nothing wrong with being a little put out at being taken off. Not like he was throwing his shirt down or getting into an argument wit Hughes about it.

shamo9

"Benji in the huff, part 9"

That's not a question, that's an assumption. For all we know Benji was in a rush to get to a meticulously planned Halloween party.

Broken Gnome
31-10-2009, 05:59 PM
I thought he was quite right to be in the huff - very unfortunate to be taken off. He wasn't great by any means, but he was ignored time and time again when he'd found space in front of Aberdeen's defence. Particularly frustrating as his link up play was the best of any of our forwards.

Dr_Regal
31-10-2009, 06:02 PM
The boy on the radio said that Benji walked straight up the tunnel and that it wasn't a good sign. Thats it.
Not trying to start something, wasnae me that did it, I would have went to the bench and prayed for a goal.

I am a fan of Benji.

scoopyboy
31-10-2009, 06:08 PM
The boy on the radio said that Benji walked straight up the tunnel and that it wasn't a good sign. Thats it.
Not trying to start something, wasnae me that did it, I would have went to the bench and prayed for a goal.

I am a fan of Benji.

Harking back to #6, if you are a Benji fan wht mention part 9 in your title.

jakki
31-10-2009, 06:09 PM
He was soaking wet and had to get a change of dry clothing. I don't know if he came out after that, but it wouldn't take him 5 minutes to remedy the situation. Did he get back to the bench in dry clothing?

magpie1892
31-10-2009, 06:24 PM
"Benji in the huff, part 9"

That's not a question, that's an assumption. For all we know Benji was in a rush to get to a meticulously planned Halloween party.

As a Muslim, that's unlikely.

Dr_Regal
31-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Harking back to #6, if you are a Benji fan wht mention part 9 in your title.

Jesus christ! I wanted to know if there was any words or looks exchanged with benji and the bench.
I like Benji as a player, but he hates a moody(hence huff, part 9). I know Yogi won't put up with any crap from the players. Put it sounds like it was nothing and he was just a bit wet. Nish or Benji for the derby?

miniboco
31-10-2009, 06:41 PM
the lad might of just been needing piss like... can understand ye asking the question but agree the part 9 bit seems a bit unneccessary

ancient hibee
31-10-2009, 06:43 PM
The day I see a player pleased to be subbed it will be the day he is on the way out.Of course he was annoyed he wanted to play on.Good.

BEEJ
31-10-2009, 07:49 PM
The OP is correct in asking the question.

To walk straight up the tunnel when being subbed is to question the authority of the Manager who has made the decision to replace you. I'm sure Hughes will be 'having a quiet word'.

Despite any personal frustration you might feel as a player at being replaced, you should put on a track-suit and sit with the rest of the team showing solidarity with them as everyone looks on supporting the 11 guys on the park.

PerthHibby
31-10-2009, 08:05 PM
I dont know if anyone noticed Benji at the end of the game at Fir Park, but he avoided Yogi then aswell.
I met Yogi a couple of weeks ago and asked him about it, and he said there was no problem its just the way he is. He hates being left out or being subbed and at Fir Park he didn't get enough time on the park as far as he was concerned.
So its just Benji being Benji, Yogi knows what to do, no probs:thumbsup:

lobster
31-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Don't buy this 'just Benji bein Benji' bollox. He has form for being a big girls blouse and needs to grow up. Its a squad game nowadays and everyone needs to pull together for the team. Big Nish takes it on the chin and gets on with it. so should Benji.
*this of course depends on whether he actually did storm uop the tunnel in a huff but it seems like it

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2009, 08:16 PM
My mates just phoned me from Edinburgh airport, he spoke to Benji a moment ago, yes he does have the hump, and he's going back to Morocco to clear his head. You heard it here first.:boo hoo:

The Voice Of Reason
31-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Yes Benji ran down the tunnel.....but he came back out into the dugout again. He even signed a couple of autographs straight after the final whistle (I was right beside the dugout and witnessed this).

I wouldn't expect him to be happy about being taken off ! As for him going back home to clear his head, I hope he clears it in time for the Derby ! :agree:

sahib
31-10-2009, 08:37 PM
My mates just phoned me from Edinburgh airport, he spoke to Benji a moment ago, yes he does have the hump, and he's going back to Morocco to clear his head. You heard it here first.:boo hoo:

Was overheard muttering something about, "the bells, the bells"

--------
31-10-2009, 08:41 PM

Did he get it from Stevie Fulton?

No good going back to Morocco - Morocco's bung-full of camels, and they ALL have the hump.

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Did he get it from Stevie Fulton?

No good going back to Morocco - Morocco's bung-full of camels, and they ALL have the hump.

I think its just a fez he's going through.

--------
31-10-2009, 09:07 PM

You could right a book about it - "Morocco-Bound With Benji".

scotty1875
31-10-2009, 09:21 PM

Think he'll have to souk up to Yogi afterwards?

Oh ma sides :greengrin

p=sh
31-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Think he'll have to souk up to Yogi afterwards?

how bazaar!

woody47
01-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Maybe he's away to have a word with kasbah the friendly ghost for next week :greengrin

Expecting Rain
01-11-2009, 09:02 AM
I`m not overly concerned about Benji and his huffs, i think his behaviour detracts from the player he could be, the last time i saw him play at Tynecastle he did less than me.

Gala Foxes
01-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Rice patted him on the back when he went off - looked okay to me

Bit disappointed if some of us are starting to look for problems in our camp when things are going well - tell me a footballer that would enjoy being subbed & you will be telling me the name of a loser

Toaods
01-11-2009, 09:33 AM
as usual people find it hard to differentiate between a player being disappointed or 'in the huff' on such occassions.

There's no problem. he'll be vital at Tynie as he holds the ball in and draws the challenges. For me, when Zemmama went off it was benji who injected the extra effort we needed to get Byrne settled in.

ancient hibee
01-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Don't believe he's on an airplane-has his own carpet.

judas
01-11-2009, 01:07 PM

The radio pundits were unimpressed by this and for once, I agree.

How about sitting in the dugout and supporting your teammates and the club?

Benji is useful, but the entire world revolves around Benji as far as he is concerned. He would leave the club in the middle of a game to go somewhere else, if his contract would allow it.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Don't believe he's on an airplane-has his own carpet.

:faf::faf::faf::top marks

oconnors_strip
01-11-2009, 01:19 PM
The radio pundits were unimpressed by this and for once, I agree.

How about sitting in the dugout and supporting your teammates and the club?

Benji is useful, but the entire world revolves around Benji as far as he is concerned. He would leave the club in the middle of a game to go somewhere else, if his contract would allow it.

he went to the dressing room to have a piss and came back out and sat on the bench for the rest of the match. god sake a man cant even go to the toilet without it being front page news:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
01-11-2009, 02:31 PM
he went to the dressing room to have a piss and came back out and sat on the bench for the rest of the match. god sake a man cant even go to the toilet without it being front page news:greengrin

Sorry, that's out of order. A true professional would have done it in the away dug out.

Benji does my head in with this lack of concern for team spirit.

Riordans Boots
01-11-2009, 03:00 PM
He has more than enough on his mind.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport/An-answer-to-Benji39s-prayers.5764107.jp

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Perhaps just annoyed with himself because he knew he never played particularly well? :dunno:

Hibbyradge
01-11-2009, 03:39 PM

:faf:

Twat.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 03:41 PM
:faf:

Twat.

I wondered how long you'd be Dave.:wink:

oconnors_strip
01-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Sorry, that's out of order. A true professional would have done it in the away dug out.

:faf: he might do that next week:greengrin