PDA

View Full Version : Definitive Ian Murray (merged)

shamo9
31-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Leads by example week in, week out:notworthy:

Aberdeen came with a game plan to bully us but he wasn't having any of it:thumbsup:

Easily MOM today, really drove the team forward and installed some much needed urgency. Nothing got past him.

jakedance
31-10-2009, 04:46 PM
He was different class today. Some crunching 50/50's.

Being over in the East I didn't get a good view of the challenge where the boy was carried off. Were the Aberdeen fans justified in their fury?

DBHibs
31-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Totally agree with that.

First class performance from Murray today and would definitely have been my man of the match also - dunno quite why the sponsors gave it to Hogg :confused:

PercyHibs
31-10-2009, 04:48 PM
is there a better left back in scotland? i think not by a long shot!!

jakedance
31-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Totally agree with that.

First class performance from Murray today and would definitely have been my man of the match also - dunno quite why the sponsors gave it to Hogg :confused:

Because they were pished.

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2009, 04:49 PM
i think the dons defender Jerel Ifil got the BBC MOM

ACLeith
31-10-2009, 04:50 PM

Being over in the East I didn't get a good view of the challenge where the boy was carried off. Were the Aberdeen fans justified in their fury?

Definitely not. He slid in and won the ball with a good strong challenge. Whatever's happened to the young lad was an accident, maybe the way he fell ?

BTW Impressed with the young lad and can see why he has been attracting good reviews. Hope his injury turns out not to be serious

givescotlandfreedom
31-10-2009, 04:51 PM

No way it was a hard but fair challenge; we'll see loads of them next Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised if the wee nyaff was wasting time like the rest of the Aberdeen team. Shocking challenge on Miller by the ginger scrote just before it too.

Westie1875
31-10-2009, 04:55 PM

No, Murray took the ball - the boy seemed to fall awkwardly on his other side. Murray's tackle was fair.

col02
31-10-2009, 05:04 PM
When Murray goes for a fifty fifty challenge there is always only one winner! Guy is a class act and I hope he is one of the first guys to be given an extended contract.

Hainan Hibs
31-10-2009, 05:08 PM
George Burley must have to take notice sometime shirley?

brythehibby
31-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Reading mcghee's comments on BBC he said murrays tackle was worse than the one maguire walked for ? WTF!! He won the ball endof. Accident what happened to the lad. Hope he's alright.

Crab apple
31-10-2009, 05:44 PM

No. It was hard but fair. Definitely took the ball first and the linesman had a clear view of the challenge. Murray was excellent today imho.

Dunbar Hibee
31-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Best player on the park by miles!!

Gus Fring
31-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Murray clearly showed concern for the guy afterwards and felt the need to explain himself to the linesman and a few aberdeen players.

Fair challenge but clearly felt bad for Fyvie afterwards. Shows hes a class act though

.Louise.
31-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Murray was brilliant yet again!! Hopefully we get him a new contract asap!!

Marabou Stork
31-10-2009, 06:27 PM

Jesus.

He was the worst man on the pitch by a country mile.

Murray was head and shoulders above everybody else today.

Gala Foxes
31-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Outstanding performance by Ian Murray - Man Of The Match by a mile

Total commitment all the way through - an example to all

Part/Time Supporter
31-10-2009, 06:38 PM

:hilarious

MOM for the lad who cost them the game by falling asleep and giving Nish a free run? BBC reporters must have been drinking as much as the match sponsors.

mentalhibee
31-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Murray was class once again! Good hard tackle on the young aberdeen player, he won the ball. Great driving runs from the back! Sign him up for the rest of his career!

hibee_boy
31-10-2009, 06:45 PM
I was right in front of Murrays tackle when the Dons player was injured. Brilliant, fair tackle from Murray. It was just unfortunate that the boy was crocked.

Murray was immense today, I hope Burley was at the game.

Craig_in_Prague
31-10-2009, 06:47 PM
I was right in front of Murrays tackle when the Dons player was injured. Brilliant, fair tackle from Murray. It was just unfortunate that the boy was crocked.

Murray was immense today, I hope Burley was at the game.

:agree:

How McGhee cant say it was ´robust´ or brutal, is just terrible.¨

Sure, very very unfortunate if the lad fell wrongly or so, but superb tackle by Murray, who timed all his tackles spot on today. What a player to have. :notworthy:

ACLeith
31-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Crazy. Thought he was close to being their worst player. Mark Kerr was their standout, covered every blade of grass, made a right nuisance of himself and was tidy on the ball.

maturehibby
31-10-2009, 06:54 PM
If stand side asst referee had been doing his job there would not have been the tackle going in for the little carrot topped one as prior to it he pushed Murray in the back and Murray claimed for it but he didnt give the ref the nod and as a result play went on resulting in Murray having to tackle him and unfortunately the young player took a dull one .
It will be a lesson in the players career development- a hard one but never the less he will learn from it

leither17
31-10-2009, 07:03 PM
George Burley must have to take notice sometime shirley?

:agree:

SouthMoroccoStu
31-10-2009, 08:05 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE SIGN THIS BOY UPON A LONG TERM DEAL!

I can't imagine the team without his presence.

Glory glory

Zimmy
31-10-2009, 08:16 PM
What he said :agree:

Jscully
31-10-2009, 08:27 PM
There was a link to an aberdeen forum on another thread and i came accross this

'My take of Fyvie is that Murray the Hun came in from BEHIND and skelped the ball out. He took the man right out at the same time. This in my opinion was the worst tackle of the game and never got a booking????'

Jonnyboy
31-10-2009, 08:31 PM

'My take of Fyvie is that Murray the Hun came in from BEHIND and skelped the ball out. He took the man right out at the same time. This in my opinion was the worst tackle of the game and never got a booking????'

Sheep blindness. Murray slid in from the side and got the ball. The ref (who was card happy) gave a throw in to the Dons which kinda dispells any thoughts of it being the worst tackle of the game. McGhee should shut his moaning face too - his description of the tackle as overly robust was nonsense. A wee tip Mark, dinnae put a 16 year old laddie on the park if he's not up to playing a man's game

--------
31-10-2009, 08:31 PM

The Sheep is Mistaken. :greengrin

(See JB above. Big Caldera Hibee Agrees.)

down-the-slope
31-10-2009, 08:36 PM
The lad Fyvie played very well for a 16 year old.

The tackle was hard , robust and fair (legal) - as shown by a card happy ref who was close to it not deeming it even a foul

Hope the lad is ok as we need as many good youngsters in the scottish game as possible

zlatan
31-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Just seen it on BBC Alba, absolutely nothing wrong with it :confused:

Broken Gnome
31-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Replay confirms absolutely nothing wrong with it. Murray had one exactly the same in the first half, no trailing leg, nothing.

Actually, if you see one of the replays, most Aberdeen fans are applauding Fyvie for winning the throw.

Tattie
31-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Just seen it on Alba, hard but fair, the follow through does bend his ankle pretty bad, just bad luck I guess.

zlatan
31-10-2009, 08:45 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/67m889.png

:hilarious

renato
31-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Best player on the park, how the sponsors and BBC didn't think the same is a joke. We need him on a long term contract asap, he's definitely proven he's over his injury problems of the past few years and is consistently our best player, bar none.

McGhee's comments are a disgrace, what a bitter and classless twat. Would have suited the Yams down to a tee.

GIRFUY :thumbsup::thumbsup:

vahibbie
31-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Got to agree Murray was outstanding again.
He was saying recently on HibsTV that his Scotland chances may be over.
No on that performance son:agree::thumbsup:

Speedway
31-10-2009, 09:18 PM
No-one who finds themselves faced with Murray's tackle are ever quite the same afterwards.

big-mo
31-10-2009, 09:51 PM
When you watch the tackle on Alba you see Murray winning the ball clearly but Fyfie's foot gets trapped under Murray's backside, a vg tackle but a very unfortunate accident for the young lad who looks to be a good prospect for Scottish football (no doubt smelltic will be sniffing after him soon), hope his injury is not as bad as it first looked when he was writhing about on the ground.

CallumLaidlaw
31-10-2009, 10:02 PM
just seen it properly on Alba, and it was an absolute class tackle as usual from the consistently good Ian Murray! :thumbsup:

AFKA5814_Hibs
31-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Quote from McGhee.

"I thought the tackle that injured Fraser Fyvie was worse and I think the ref will cringe when he sees it on TV. It was over-robust."

That was a magnificent challenge by Ian Murray. :top marks

The only one cringing should be McGhee, greetin faced little turd. :bye:

lyonhibs
01-11-2009, 07:01 AM

No - I quote directly from a Dons mate who was there -

"It was one of the best tackles I have ever seen - cleanly got the ball"

givescotlandfreedom
01-11-2009, 07:19 PM

Unlike Mo Ross the Hun? :bye:

TornadoHibby
01-11-2009, 07:22 PM

No! :grr:

I actually thought from where I sit around the half way line in the West that Murray's tackle was superb and that the lad was simply trying to get IM a card and that he would spring up fully recovered whenever the ref had done so! :wink:

Hope the lad's ok if actually injured but nowt to do with Murray if he was IMO! :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
01-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Hard but fair tackle, the young lad was just unlucky. Looks like ligaments which is bloody sair.

Dont like to see players badly hurt, so hope for his sake that its not too bad.

Great game Ian Murray as usual these days.

:thumbsup:

--------
01-11-2009, 09:35 PM
No! :grr:

I actually thought from where I sit around the half way line in the West that Murray's tackle was superb and that the lad was simply trying to get IM a card and that he would spring up fully recovered whenever the ref had done so! :wink:

Hope the lad's ok if actually injured but nowt to do with Murray if he was IMO! :wink:

Exactly my thought at the time.

The wee nyaff was handing it out during the game - what goes around, comes around.

It's a learning experience for him. :dunno:

joejoefaemexico
02-11-2009, 10:12 AM

sorry jake but i believe ian likes to refer to them as 60/40's.

WestEndHibee
02-11-2009, 11:31 AM

They weren't justified at all. I was right in front of it in the 3rd row and it was a cracker of a scottish tackle the boy landed awkwardly which was just bad luck/inexperience.

Hope he gets back playing soon though as he's a good wee player.