PDA

View Full Version : Donnington Park

Hibhibhooray
29-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Will there be a British Grand Prix next year. The owners of Donington Park have finally blown the deal to have the British GP.

After promising world cup stars they have failed constantly to deliver ......oops that some other farce....... :devil:

Have they given Bernie the excuse not to have a heavily subsidised Grand Prix and to wipe the British of the F1 calendar:grr:.

Has this been Bernie's plan all along.:confused:

Removed
29-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Donington is a great track but a total joke for spectators. I've been there for WSB & MotoGP and it's a toilet.

Gatecrasher
29-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Bernie is an arse!

he would rather go to places like North korea, china and bahrain where no one goes but the owners have some dosh than go to places where fans turn out in numbers and have a passion for the sport, thats why i widh FOTA broke away and see places like Magney cours, imola, idionapolis and now it seems silverstone back on the rota. :grr:

who's next? Monza, Nurburgring, spa or Monaco for some other souless track, Give us a break he wouldnt even try and get rid of those or would he? :rolleyes:

Hibhibhooray
29-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Bernie is an arse!

he would rather go to places like North korea, china and bahrain where no one goes but the owners have some dosh than go to places where fans turn out in numbers and have a passion for the sport, thats why i widh FOTA broke away and see places like Magney cours, imola, idionapolis and now it seems silverstone back on the rota. :grr:

who's next? Monza, Nurburgring, spa or Monaco for some other souless track, Give us a break he wouldnt even try and get rid of those or would he? :rolleyes:

Bernie goes where the money is, he has lost touch with the racing side of it. He wants the racing to be closer so instead of looking at putting some money into track development they play with tyre sizes, refueling and the likes and then goes to a new track in a new country who have wined & dined the wee grey man.:grr:

Fortunatly Canada is going to be back on the calendar but I think Bernie would n't think twice about leaving out any circuit even the British GP...

Dibben
30-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Donington is a great track but a total joke for spectators. I've been there for WSB & MotoGP and it's a toilet.

:agree:

Does this put an end to the changes planned for Donny? They were going to revamp it totally, getting rid of the esses (car park)!

With MotoGP at Silverstone from next season - Donny will need some big events to make the changes happen and keep it running!

BH.