PDA

View Full Version : Our Record Against Aberdeen...

Dashing Bob S
28-10-2009, 01:37 PM
...is not good. We invariably under-perform against them. We've had some bad beatings (not just against good A'deen teams but mediocre ones) at Pittodrie. At Easter Road we usually huff and puff and rarely turn in a strong, dominant performance.

This is a crucial game for us and we should be getting excited about and not taking our eye off the the ball because the first derby is looming. Make no mistake, this fixture has the potential offer up a frustrating/disappointing day.

That said, I'm really looking forward to this game as I feel it's the biggest barometer of how our season is likely to pan out. I'd like to see a big noisy and enthusiastic crowd at ER. Yogi and the players deserve it, for the way they've turned things around. Yes, there will still be the odd Hamilton and St.Johnstone debacle on the way, but our backing can help ensure that those are far and few between.

Zazu62
28-10-2009, 01:46 PM
:top marks

Aberdeen are pash.

Golden Bear
28-10-2009, 01:48 PM
:agree:

So far this season Aberdeen's performances can best be described as crap.

On top of that Mcghee is continually bleating that "we're not getting the breaks" or coming up with some other hard luck stories.

Let's hope that we can inflict further pain on Saturday although I've a feeling that it will be a far harder test than some supporters are anticipating.

wazoo1875
28-10-2009, 01:49 PM
...is not good. We invariably under-perform against them. We've had some bad beatings (not just against good A'deen teams but mediocre ones) at Pittodrie. At Easter Road we usually huff and puff and rarely turn in a strong, dominant performance.

This is a crucial game for us and we should be getting excited about and not taking our eye off the the ball because the first derby is looming. Make no mistake, this fixture has the potential offer up a frustrating/disappointing day.

That said, I'm really looking forward to this game as I feel it's the biggest barometer of how our season is likely to pan out. I'd like to see a big noisy and enthusiastic crowd at ER. Yogi and the players deserve it, for the way they've turned things around. Yes, there will still be the odd Hamilton and St.Johnstone debacle on the way, but our backing can help ensure that those are far and few between.

I agree with all of this mate , though there have been some cracking matches between the sides over the years .
The bit i have highlighted could possibly happen , but i feel Yogi will have the importance of this fixture drummed into the players .
I for one can't see us slipping up this weekend , but i have been wrong once before :greengrin

rightwinger
28-10-2009, 09:48 PM
It's not as bad as the early to mid eighties when they used to come to ER and beat us 5-0, but our record against them isn't encouraging.

Along with Dundee Utd, they're a team I worry for us against. IMO we seem to lack the killer instinct against them and the belief that we have against the Motherwells and Falkirks.

Despite what people are saying about the derby (at least until 20 minutes ago), the game against Aberdeen is the one we need to win. Unless we're a goal up with five minutes to go, a draw away in the derby won't be a bad result. But a draw at home to Aberdeen will be a missed opportunity.

The one worry from the last few weeks is the amount of chances we have needed to score 1 goal in each of our last three games. We're always likely to concede one so, with the attacking prowess we have, we need to start scoring.

Broken Gnome
28-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Aberdeen have stolen the most undeserved points at Easter Road that I've ever seen over the last few years. The 2-1 we gifted them in 2006 in particular.

For everyone saying they're p!sh, best go and look at their goals against record. Particularly away from home.

matty_f
28-10-2009, 09:59 PM
This is the biggest game of the season so far, IMHO. Aberdeen will be looking at third as their target for the season. This game will be a big indication of how far we've come.

I think most people would fancy Hibs to win, unlike last week against Rangers where we were only fancied by some to take anything. How the team copes with a side that should expect to be hitting third place, and therefore likely to be very 'up' for the game will tell Yogi a lot about what still needs done.

A win would be huge for us. Not only would it keep our relatively impressive run of results going, but it opens a gap on teams below us again.

scoopyboy
28-10-2009, 10:38 PM
When was the last time we beat Aberdeen at ER in the league?

truehibernian
28-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Was it not when we came from 1-0 behind to win 3-1.......Zemmama free kick and Fletcher if memory serves me right. Mixu was in charge (I think)

scoopyboy
28-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Was it not when we came from 1-0 behind to win 3-1.......Zemmama free kick and Fletcher if memory serves me right. Mixu was in charge (I think)

Right enough, forgot about that.

Most recent games have been draws I think.

joe breezy
28-10-2009, 11:24 PM
I expect Hibs to win.

They have trouble scoring and if our players can get through their defence with speed and trickery we should create enough chances to convert a couple and win the match.

ahibby
29-10-2009, 10:22 AM
but don't we usually do better when least expected to.

Craig_in_Prague
29-10-2009, 10:28 AM
We had a terrible record v Hearts, McLeish turned the tables there.
We struggled against the OF, Mowbray turned the tables there.
Even Mixu had us beating ICT more than usual.
Point is, past records don't count for an awful lot, when a new manager and new players are in place.
I'm very confident of Yogi and this bunch of players. If they perform well, we have plenty quality and instead of worrying about the Dons, I'd rather be optimistic that we can give them a thumping.

If it doesn't go to plan, at least I expect a team that have tried hard and played the right way. Under Yogi, more often than not we will see this.

:flag:

Steve20
29-10-2009, 10:40 AM
This game has draw written all over it.

joe breezy
29-10-2009, 05:12 PM
This game has draw written all over it.

If we can't beat a team that can't score that would be a failure

VegasHibby
29-10-2009, 06:20 PM

yes agreed. We always seem to struggle against them. Though I think Hibs are a different team going into this game. Yogi has introduced a level of commitment and belief from the Hibs players.
With Miller,Mcbride,Zouma,Riordan playing very well i think we can rip them apart.