PDA

View Full Version : Best stadium in Scotland?

Jones28
27-10-2009, 05:23 PM
This is purely aesthetic. If you could pick any stadium in the SPL for Easter road to look like, what would it be?

James Connolly
27-10-2009, 05:36 PM
This is purely aesthetic. If you could pick any stadium in the SPL for Easter road to look like, what would it be?

Just as it is now.:thumbsup:

H18sry
27-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Who voted for the piggery?

Should have made it a public poll :greengrin

Nameless
27-10-2009, 05:41 PM
I have sat in various seats around Ibrox, and the view is always good. It looks like a proper football stadium, I hate this new fad for having "bowls".

Sylar
27-10-2009, 05:44 PM
I expect to be shot down for this somewhat, but I really like Ibrox as a stadium.

It's fully enclosed (where possible - I'm aware the stairways in the Main Stand make it impossible to fully enclose), but there's plenty of seating, the inside concourses are huge, it's very modern, but maintains it's connections to the older sections of Ibrox (the main stand, near the Thornton Suite is the entirely old section of Ibrox) and even at the upper reaches of each stand, you get a cracking view of the pitch.

I'm guessing there will be some out there who have such a hatred for the club and it's fans though, that they won't be able to separate the 2, but hey-ho.

Sylar
27-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Who voted for the piggery?

Should have made it a public poll :greengrin

The Edinburgh Piggery or the Porkheid Piggery? :wink:

Woody1985
27-10-2009, 05:46 PM
ER, 3 new stands and I quite like the look of the old shed. Makes it feel like the stadium has some history if you know what I mean.

Hibercelona
27-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Hmm... Let me think.

Tynecastle or Legoland. :hmmm:

:devil:

Killiehibbie
27-10-2009, 05:51 PM
ibrox is the best large stadium for spectating.

lyonhibs
27-10-2009, 06:00 PM
I expect to be shot down for this somewhat, but I really like Ibrox as a stadium.

It's fully enclosed (where possible - I'm aware the stairways in the Main Stand make it impossible to fully enclose), but there's plenty of seating, the inside concourses are huge, it's very modern, but maintains it's connections to the older sections of Ibrox (the main stand, near the Thornton Suite is the entirely old section of Ibrox) and even at the upper reaches of each stand, you get a cracking view of the pitch.

I'm guessing there will be some out there who have such a hatred for the club and it's fans though, that they won't be able to separate the 2, but hey-ho.

I agree entirely. Architecturally (i.e. discounting its location, normal inhabitants and team it plays host to), Ibrox is the best stadium in Scotland.

Celtc Park is an absolute dump - the municipal stadium in Basra would be a more appealing prospect.

Allant1981
27-10-2009, 06:34 PM
voted ibrox, we wouldnt be complaining if it was ER. Pity i cant see us ever filling a stadium that size

Keith_M
27-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Ibrox is a quality stadium, or it would be if they changed to green seats, removed all vestige of Rangers memorabilia and then disinfected the place.

In saying that, there's not much wrong with ER, it'll be great when it's finished.

Just get rid of that rowdy lot in the East, build a nice replacement stand, preferably with some Cappucino Bars, and we'll be sorted :wink:

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Ibrox is a quality stadium, or it would be if they changed to green seats, removed all vestige of Rangers memorabilia and then disinfected the place.

In saying that, there's not much wrong with ER, it'll be great when it's finished.

Just get rid of that rowdy lot in the East, build a nice replacement stand, preferably with some Cappucino Bars, and we'll be sorted :wink:Forgotten your working-class roots have you? You are a Hibbie so you WILL drink the foostie elixir from the eternal trough of the Albion bar! :wink:

MrSmith
28-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Does Murrayfield not count?

Surely the best stadium in Scotland - by a mile!

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-10-2009, 09:48 AM
I liked the old Pittodrie before they built that ridiculous stand. When the beach end was the away end and was covered you could make a real racket in there. Got a bit tasty when they were getting decent crowds though and the police allowed half and half with a line down the middle.

Bristolhibby
28-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Does Murrayfield not count?

Surely the best stadium in Scotland - by a mile!

Was about to post the same thing. The only bad boint about Murrayfield is that stupid running track in front of the West Stand.

Also because it is a rugby ground you are miles from the tryline if you are "behind the goals". Basically has one of the biggest dead ball areas in rugby.

J

CMac1988
28-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Out of that list Ibrox is probably the best in terms of Aesthetics, Size, View etc..

But wheres Murrayfield, and Hampden Park? (Although the later is a bit too far away from the pitch.)

Chuck a new East stand up similiar to the West, and fill in the corners to make Easter Road completely 2 tier all the way round done...

or

Put up this whole 1 tier East stand connect tho bottom tier of the FF, and South stand, and put screens up where the upper tier won't join nicely connect. Oo, and fill in the 2 other corners! :greengrin

Peevemor
28-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Out of that list Ibrox is probably the best in terms of Aesthetics, Size, View etc..

But wheres Murrayfield, and Hampden Park? (Although the later is a bit too far away from the pitch.)

Chuck a new East stand up similiar to the West, and fill in the corners to make Easter Road completely 2 tier all the way round done...

or

Put up this whole 1 tier East stand connect tho bottom tier of the FF, and South stand, and put screens up where the upper tier won't join nicely connect. Oo, and fill in the 2 other corners! :greengrin

Hampden's not even the best stadium in Mount Florida.

1two
28-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Put the East up at ER and it will be up there with Scotlands best.

I think the corners need to be filled in though, not necessarily with seats but possibly a big screen or advertising board. Would stop the wind too!

Holmesdale Hibs
28-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Purely in terms of stadium and not taking in to account those that use it, I'd say Ibrox is the best. Tynie has a good atmosphere but I've only been there for derby matches and I'm sure its not that great when they're drawing 0-0 with Falkirk.

Still voted for the Leith San Siro though.

CMac1988
28-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Hampden's not even the best stadium in Mount Florida.

What the home of the mighty Queens Park? :wink:

p.s. Just re-read what i had posted about fiiling in the corners with correlation to a 1 tier stand, and well... it makes no sense at all!

Gives us a screen, and some space for advertising and a 1 tier stand might not look too bad.

Always wanted ER to have an East stand similiar to the west with all the corners filled in though. Would be epic :agree:

erskine-hibby
28-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Ibrox is the best stadium IMHO, but when ER is finished off it will be up there:agree:

lyonhibs
28-10-2009, 01:21 PM
I see Jack Regan has voted 17 times.

No other feasible explanation for that turd hole getting any votes.

Perspective
28-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Ibrox is a proper football stadium - original, corners filled in, with nice touches like the gates and statue - but it could do with a lick of paint. The less said about the club that inhabit it the better.

In terms of atmosphere, does anywhere beat a full Tynecastle? I know it probably falls foul of UEFA regulations but having the stands so close to the pitch makes for a great atmosphere.

ER's not too shabby either. Once the East is redeveloped it really will be something to take pride in, along with East Mains, a free-flowing, young football team and Scottish Cup success...

Littlest Hobo
28-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Best Fooball Stadium- Ibrox

Best atmosphere-Ibrox-Parkhead-Tynecastle

Best for atmosphere out with old firm-Tynecastle

Best looking once they are 100% complete out with old firm. Easter Road.

StevieC
28-10-2009, 02:30 PM
But wheres Murrayfield, and Hampden Park?

From a viewing point of view I think these stadiums are terrible.

Hampden especially is not much better than the old cowshed ... ie a load of seats stuck on a mound of earth with a roof over the top. The angle of the stand and the distance from the pitch makes the majority of viewing positions pretty poor.

StevieC
28-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Best atmosphere-Ibrox-Parkhead-Tynecastle

I think I'd take you to task on Parkhead being up there for atmosphere.

:hmmm:

CMac1988
28-10-2009, 02:39 PM
From a viewing point of view I think these stadiums are terrible.

Hampden especially is not much better than the old cowshed ... ie a load of seats stuck on a mound of earth with a roof over the top. The angle of the stand and the distance from the pitch makes the majority of viewing positions pretty poor.

I agree that they both don't offer any great deal of viewing pleasure (specially being too low down in the corners at Hampden), i was just curious as to why they were left out as the poll question was simply 'Best stadium in Scotland?'.

A second glance made me realize they were all stadia of the SPL sides this season. :rolleyes: