PDA

View Full Version : Sad Jambo e-mail

fiolex1
27-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Guys, this is a genuine e-mail sent out at work, a Hibby at my work noticed that his work colleague (Yam) had left himself logged onto his computer and had went home, so he went into outlook and sent the e-mail below to all the guys in the Dept approx 18 guys.

Hi Guys,

I need your advice, as you all know my team is probably, with the possible exception of Yeovil Town, the worst team in the whole of the United Kingdom. Due to distance and week end work commitments I am forced to watch this ***** every second week. If my team were doing well then I could probably tolerate the unimaginable stench that surrounds the stadium soaking into my every pore as I sit in the big pink bus shelter and wonder where I went wrong in life. I know I’m not blessed with stunning good looks, an abundance of charisma or an up to date sense of fashion and I think these are the reasons I drifted towards “the jambos” as I feel at my most comfortable amongst similar people. My problem, my fellow co workers is this, I would like to know if you all think it would be a good idea to possibly finish a bit earlier and travel a few more miles to the sunnier side of the city to a stadium that doesn’t look like it should have a litter bin on the side of it and a sign on top saying “bus stops here”. I know it’s only another five miles from the ****** colony but, and this is the crux of the matter, it is quite close to Edinburgh’s gay quarter and this is the only place I can really be myself without fear of ridicule. At present I can have casual sex with as many men as I want without being recognised by anyone I know as the east side of the city is extremely popular for nights out due to its cosmopolitan feel and vibrancy which means a "jambo free zone" I can parade around outside the playhouse dressed as a lady, a rather ugly lady it has to be said, but a lady none the less and invite men to take me up the tradesman’s entrance and no one that I know will ever see me.

So my dilemma is this: Support Edinburgh Hibernian and watch highly entertaining football in the company of the stylish “in crowd” or continue supporting the unwashed ones and get my starfish probed while playing the pink oboe every Saturday night.

:top marks

craig1875
27-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Guys, this is a genuine e-mail sent out at work, a Hibby at my work noticed that his work colleague (Yam) had left himself logged onto his computer and had went home, so he went into outlook and sent the e-mail below to all the guys in the Dept approx 18 guys.

Hi Guys,

I need your advice, as you all know my team is probably, with the possible exception of Yeovil Town, the worst team in the whole of the United Kingdom. Due to distance and week end work commitments I am forced to watch this ***** every second week. If my team were doing well then I could probably tolerate the unimaginable stench that surrounds the stadium soaking into my every pore as I sit in the big pink bus shelter and wonder where I went wrong in life. I know I’m not blessed with stunning good looks, an abundance of charisma or an up to date sense of fashion and I think these are the reasons I drifted towards “the jambos” as I feel at my most comfortable amongst similar people. My problem, my fellow co workers is this, I would like to know if you all think it would be a good idea to possibly finish a bit earlier and travel a few more miles to the sunnier side of the city to a stadium that doesn’t look like it should have a litter bin on the side of it and a sign on top saying “bus stops here”. I know it’s only another five miles from the ****** colony but, and this is the crux of the matter, it is quite close to Edinburgh’s gay quarter and this is the only place I can really be myself without fear of ridicule. At present I can have casual sex with as many men as I want without being recognised by anyone I know as the east side of the city is extremely popular for nights out due to its cosmopolitan feel and vibrancy which means a "jambo free zone" I can parade around outside the playhouse dressed as a lady, a rather ugly lady it has to be said, but a lady none the less and invite men to take me up the tradesman’s entrance and no one that I know will ever see me.

So my dilemma is this: Support Edinburgh Hibernian and watch highly entertaining football in the company of the stylish “in crowd” or continue supporting the unwashed ones and get my starfish probed while playing the pink oboe every Saturday night.

GB6
27-10-2009, 04:14 PM
:faf: hahaha.. i would love to see his face when he finds out:thumbsup:

Woody1985
27-10-2009, 05:09 PM
:faf:

That's brilliant. Your mate better be careful though as he'll be right in the firing line for getting punted if he's caught.

bobbyhibs1983
27-10-2009, 06:36 PM

That's brilliant. Your mate better be careful though as he'll be right in the firing line for getting punted if he's caught.

so true, but somone must ask him bout the email,
so next time you see him ask him what the email was about:greengrin

Delboy4
28-10-2009, 09:12 AM
:top marks:faf:

Liberal Hibby
28-10-2009, 10:42 AM
I think the only sad thing about the e-mail (if genuine) is that the author thinks making comments about gay sex is funny.

1two
28-10-2009, 10:59 AM
I think the only sad thing about the e-mail (if genuine) is that the author thinks making comments about gay sex is funny.

Its a joke email to wind up a jambo.
The key word being 'joke'........

GREEN WARLORD
28-10-2009, 11:33 AM

I think jokes about straight sex are also funny, get off the soap box!!

Dinkydoo
28-10-2009, 11:36 AM

Hi Guys,

:faf::faf::faf::top marks:top marks

Wouldn't be surprised if your mate got fired now. Defo a sackable offence to send out a piss take email fae someone elses account !

Data Protection an all that............

Great stuff none the less!

surreyhibbie
28-10-2009, 11:55 AM
:faf::faf::faf::top marks:top marks

Wouldn't be surprised if your mate got fired now. Defo a sackable offence to send out a piss take email fae someone elses account !

Data Protection an all that............

Great stuff none the less!

Also a disciplinary offence in some places to walk away and leave yourself signed in. :wink:

Liberal Hibby
28-10-2009, 01:45 PM
The key word being 'joke'........

Indeed - but that implies it should be funny, not simply a rehash of 1970s innuendo.

Is it any wonder there's only ever been one 'out gay' footballer when there are hundreds across the country and at least three (on the stats) in the Hibs squad?

Owain_1987
28-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Indeed - but that implies it should be funny, not simply a rehash of 1970s innuendo.

Is it any wonder there's only ever been one 'out gay' footballer when there are hundreds across the country and at least three (on the stats) in the Hibs squad?

Mate it was a joke get over yourself please. How do you know three Hibs players are gay out of interest? One of the reason for not many gay footballers I guess is the fact not many gay people like football.

_hucks_
28-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Mate it was a joke get over yourself please. How do you know three Hibs players are gay out of interest? One of the reason for not many gay footballers I guess is the fact not many gay people like football.

Based on statistics, I think mate. And whilst that may count for some of the discrepancy in numbers, only 1 openly gay footballer, ever? Doesnt seem right.

Owain_1987
28-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Based on statistics, I think mate. And whilst that may count for some of the discrepancy in numbers, only 1 openly gay footballer, ever? Doesnt seem right.

No I agree with that mate must be a lot more gay footballers. I do also think in this day and age surly a gay footballer should be able to come out. He would get stick but sure they could handle it. I mean it don't take much for football fans to give out abuse.

the_ginger_hibee
28-10-2009, 02:04 PM
27 guests :faf:

The sudden gay theme defo got the yambo hoards interested.

Cocks, frocks and Justin Fashnu - Should add a few more :wink:

RIP
28-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Am I the only one who finds so called humour poking fun at someone's sexuality about as funny as a dose of the Bernard Miles?

Both are a pain in the ****!

oneone73
28-10-2009, 02:14 PM

Is there any statistical evidence whatsoever for the statement that "not many gay people like football"? Suppose they're only interested in ballet and hairdressing? Talk about reinforcing stereotypes!
As Liberal Hibby suggests, prejudice undoubtedly keeps gay footballers in the closet.

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2009, 03:17 PM
FFS yet another post that was intended to raise a few laughs turning into a debate with accusations flying all over the place. Humour's dead on this board!!!

1two
28-10-2009, 03:18 PM

Liberal Hibby or even 'Overly PC Hibby',

The original email was amongst friends, I seriously doubt the original prankster intended to offend anyone, especially the supposed 3 gay hibs players you talk of, and I would guess its all banter between friends.

Lighten up a bit!

RickyS
28-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Liberal Hibby or even 'Overly PC Hibby',

The original email was amongst friends, I seriously doubt the original prankster intended to offend anyone, especially the supposed 3 gay hibs players you talk of, and I would guess its all banter between friends.

Lighten up a bit!

:rolleyes:

banarc7062
28-10-2009, 03:26 PM
FFS yet another post that was intended to raise a few laughs turning into a debate with accusations flying all over the place. Humour's dead on this board!!!

Agree....initial content of original post lost or sidetracked with the input of the gay brigade. Lighten up.

RickyS
28-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Agree....initial content of original post lost or sidetracked with the input of the gay brigade. Lighten up.

:faf::faf::faf: your for it now mate

HibeeB
28-10-2009, 03:43 PM

And at least three Hibs players (on the stats) are Chinese.

Hainan Hibs
28-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Can't believe this thread went in the direction it did:faf:.

hibbybob
28-10-2009, 03:45 PM
And at least three Hibs players (on the stats) are Chinese.

Aye and half must be women!!

Lighten up guys the original post was quite funny!

Velma Dinkley
28-10-2009, 04:46 PM
This thread has most definitely swung both ways.

lEXO
28-10-2009, 04:53 PM
If i had any morals, i would be outraged.But i haven,t and find this post funny.That,s not to say that the other people who find it funny dont have morals.To the morally outraged, get a sense of humour.

Killiehibbie
28-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Where are these 6 Asian and 3 gay Hibs players that statistically we should have? Should we really have as many Scots in the squad after all we make up a small proportion of the worlds population?

Woody1985
28-10-2009, 06:18 PM

Have you not read the moral high ground thread yet? :grr:

Just wait til LiberalHibby sees the hairstraightners thread!

Woody1985
28-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Can't believe this thread went in the direction it did:faf:.

It's gone limp hasn't it.

NOLA
28-10-2009, 07:02 PM
:worms: all together now 'oh the hibees are gay' :wink:

Liberal Hibby
28-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Ok let's try this and see how your sense of humour goes...

Hi Guys,

I need your advice, as you all know my faith is probably, with the possible exception of orthodox Judaism, the worst in the whole of the United Kingdom. Due to distance and week end work commitments I am forced to pray for this ***** every second week. If my religion were doing well then I could probably tolerate the unimaginable stench that surrounds the chapel soaking into my every pore as I sit in the big pink cathedral and wonder where I went wrong in life. I know I’m not blessed with stunning good looks, an abundance of charisma or an up to date sense of fashion and I think these are the reasons I drifted towards “the papes” as I feel at my most comfortable amongst similar people. My problem, my fellow co workers is this, I would like to know if you all think it would be a good idea to possibly finish a bit earlier and travel a few more miles to the sunnier side of the city to a place of worship that doesn’t look like it should have a Star of David on the side of it and a sign on top saying “Kosher meat here”. I know it’s only another five miles from the catholic colony but, and this is the crux of the matter, it is quite close to Edinburgh’s priest's quarters and this is the only place I can really be myself without fear of ridicule. At present I can have casual sex with as many choir boys as I want without being recognised by anyone I know as the east side of the city is extremely popular for nights out due to its catholic feel and vibrancy which means a "prod free zone" I can parade around outside the playhouse dressed as a bishop, a rather paedo bishop it has to be said, but a bishop none the less and invite choir boys to take me up the tradesman’s entrance and no one that I know will ever see me.

So my dilemma is this: Support the protestants and be part of highly entertaining religion in the company of the stylish “in crowd” or continue supporting the Catholic Church and get my choirboys probed while reading about the diet of worms every Saturday night.

Hainan Hibs
28-10-2009, 11:15 PM

For me it's just the same as the first one, a joke:confused:

Allant1981
28-10-2009, 11:26 PM

Hi Guys,

I need your advice, as you all know my faith is probably, with the possible exception of orthodox Judaism, the worst in the whole of the United Kingdom. Due to distance and week end work commitments I am forced to pray for this ***** every second week. If my religion were doing well then I could probably tolerate the unimaginable stench that surrounds the chapel soaking into my every pore as I sit in the big pink cathedral and wonder where I went wrong in life. I know I’m not blessed with stunning good looks, an abundance of charisma or an up to date sense of fashion and I think these are the reasons I drifted towards “the papes” as I feel at my most comfortable amongst similar people. My problem, my fellow co workers is this, I would like to know if you all think it would be a good idea to possibly finish a bit earlier and travel a few more miles to the sunnier side of the city to a place of worship that doesn’t look like it should have a Star of David on the side of it and a sign on top saying “Kosher meat here”. I know it’s only another five miles from the catholic colony but, and this is the crux of the matter, it is quite close to Edinburgh’s priest's quarters and this is the only place I can really be myself without fear of ridicule. At present I can have casual sex with as many choir boys as I want without being recognised by anyone I know as the east side of the city is extremely popular for nights out due to its catholic feel and vibrancy which means a "prod free zone" I can parade around outside the playhouse dressed as a bishop, a rather paedo bishop it has to be said, but a bishop none the less and invite choir boys to take me up the tradesman’s entrance and no one that I know will ever see me.

So my dilemma is this: Support the protestants and be part of highly entertaining religion in the company of the stylish “in crowd” or continue supporting the Catholic Church and get my choirboys probed while reading about the diet of worms every Saturday night.

You really are quite sad dude, lighten up, the email was a joke between work mates. no need to go OTT

Rory89
29-10-2009, 04:28 AM

Bender. :agree:

Calm down Bruno it was a joke, a not bad joke as well.

Steve-O
29-10-2009, 06:03 AM
This thread is now officially...GAY! :agree:

1two
29-10-2009, 06:39 AM

Hi Guys,

lighten up!

On another note,

Last one to post on this thread is gay!

the_ginger_hibee
29-10-2009, 07:05 AM
This was just a bit of fun between two rival fans, with the gay connection thrown in due to the 'Hibbes are gay' stuff. Hardly the same as religion and racism and all that!

Your being far too anal IMHO!

Steve-O
29-10-2009, 07:07 AM
This was just a bit of fun between two rival fans, with the gay connection thrown in due to the 'Hibbes are gay' stuff. Hardly the same as religion and racism and all that!

Your being far too anal IMHO!

HibSem
29-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Going by statistics, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them.

It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother Ho-Cha-Chu.

But I think it's Colin
:thumbsup:

Keith_M
29-10-2009, 08:12 AM

Hi Guys,

Cool, that's actually really funny.

JackJones
29-10-2009, 09:51 AM
:boo hoo::fishin::hijack::zzzzz!::bye:

wazoo1875
29-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Where are these 6 Asian and 3 gay Hibs players that statistically we should have? Should we really have as many Scots in the squad after all we make up a small proportion of the worlds population?

This is why anyone who has licked the sugar off a piece of shortbread is now being begged by burley to step up to the plate and pull on the dark blue of the national team :thumbsup:

banarc7062
29-10-2009, 01:02 PM

Agreed

Scouse Hibee
29-10-2009, 01:13 PM

Oh no it's not! The first one was meant as a joke, the second one is testing your morals don't you know?

Sexuality, Religion, whatever next on this board..............Oh Liberal Hibby is --- maybe.

NOLA
30-10-2009, 12:24 AM

Hi Guys,

The first letter was a JOKE, what youve done is rehash that distastefully IMO there are plenty catholics who would chase you down and give you a beating for your efforts! yes you were trying to prove a point, but the original letter was football oriented, while your version was religion/religion/religion would you rather be beaten by a sparkly handbag or a leather embossed bible?

Hibercelona
30-10-2009, 12:35 AM

Hi Guys,

What if all 18 of them turn out to be gay? :devil: