sambajustice
27-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Tit.

That is all.

Billychaotic182
27-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Tit.

That is all.

I never read the sun yesterday. What was he all sayin?

poolman
27-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Tit.

That is all.

:agree: Read a few paragraphs and then I went to watch some paint dry

Hibercelona
27-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Can't someone post a bloody link! :grr:

Please :wink:

sambajustice
27-10-2009, 12:31 PM
He seems to have quite an over inflated opinion of himself.

Also likes to make a big deal of being a "Rangers Man" and his Rangers minded "beliefs". He only mentions it about, say, 18 times a paragraph!

Hibercelona
27-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Surely the Scottish Sun are making this dross up. :bitchy:

Jonnyboy
27-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Tit.

That is all.

Which one?

:greengrin

bobbyhibs1983
27-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Surely the Scottish Sun are making this dross up. :bitchy:

half the time why people like him and other "celebs" are in the newspapers nowadays is to premote something, in this case, goram has a book out.

to be fair some ex footie players do some good though but most do seem to be out for number 1

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Great keeper, but a bigoted pug faced twat.

H18sry
27-10-2009, 12:58 PM
:singing:There only 2 Andy Gorams, 2 Andy Gorams :singing:

CropleyWasGod
27-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Which one?

Clearly, a right one :confused:

Jonnyboy
27-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Clearly, a right one :confused:

See post #10 for clarification re my question :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
27-10-2009, 01:04 PM
See post #10 for clarification re my question :greengrin

See Post 13 for my scrabbling to pretend that I knew that all along and I just wanted to be post-ironic in calling Andy Goram a right tit.

Hibercelona
27-10-2009, 01:04 PM
:singing:There only 2 Andy Gorams, 2 Andy Gorams :singing:

Will never forget my time at Ibrox when people were belting out "2 Paul Gascoignes" :greengrin

Joe Baker II
27-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Have met Goram a few times and he is ok guy, would be in most Hibs fans all-time XI too I suspect.

Future17
27-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Can't someone post a bloody link! :grr:

Please :wink:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2700859/I-was-a-hit-as-a-Hibee.html

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-10-2009, 01:27 PM
"a Hibs fan ran out of the crowd and tried to attack me when I went back to Easter Road with Rangers. I sensed that something was happening behind me. Someone had come careering out of the family enclosure. He had a swing at me, and I got him down and cracked him a few times." I don't remember that happening - is that a load o' ******?

sambajustice
27-10-2009, 01:38 PM
"a Hibs fan ran out of the crowd and tried to attack me when I went back to Easter Road with Rangers. I sensed that something was happening behind me. Someone had come careering out of the family enclosure. He had a swing at me, and I got him down and cracked him a few times." I don't remember that happening - is that a load o' ******?

From what I mind the boy just jumped on the park and banjo'd him then got led off by the coppers! I dont remember any sort of scuffle or anthing like that, just Goram looking a bit like "wtf was that" and holding his face.

I was young though so not even 50% sure if what've said is what actually happened!

Nitten Hibee
27-10-2009, 01:42 PM

na mate that is true a was with the guy who done it :wink:

Baader
27-10-2009, 01:45 PM
From what I mind the boy just jumped on the park and banjo'd him then got led off by the coppers! I dont remember any sort of scuffle or anthing like that, just Goram looking a bit like "wtf was that" and holding his face.

I was young though so not even 50% sure if what've said is what actually happened!

Bit more to it - there was a proper scuffle. Bit of rolling about about on the ground and Goram probably had the better of it (no doubt due to his superior weight advantage!) Remember how long it seemed to be before police and stewards got to it - considering it was in the box.

Hibercelona
27-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Bit more to it - there was a proper scuffle. Bit of rolling about about on the ground and Goram propably had the better of it (no doubt due to his superior weight advantage!) . Remember how long it seemed to be before police and stewards got to it - considering it was in the box.

Beer belly always wins the battle. :devil:

Jonnyboy
27-10-2009, 01:47 PM
See Post 13 for my scrabbling to pretend that I knew that all along and I just wanted to be post-ironic in calling Andy Goram a right tit.

ancient hibee
27-10-2009, 02:01 PM
A nice guy but thick as mince.Only adopted his Orangeman persona when he went to Rangers.

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-10-2009, 02:12 PM
A nice guy but thick as mince.Only adopted his Orangeman persona when he went to Rangers.Exactly, you could perhaps excuse being brought up a bigot but to embrace it in adulthood requires special needs care! :crazy:

ancient hibee
27-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Exactly, you could perhaps excuse being brought up a bigot but to embrace it in adulthood requires special needs care! :crazy:
Still I suppose he gave caravan"entertainment"a good name.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-10-2009, 02:37 PM
He seems to have quite an over inflated opinion of himself.

Also likes to make a big deal of being a "Rangers Man" and his Rangers minded "beliefs". He only mentions it about, say, 18 times a paragraph!

I would just now that he is the epitome of Rangers just now. Living beyond his means, skint and whoring himself out to an English based organisation for money.

sambajustice
27-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Bit more to it - there was a proper scuffle. Bit of rolling about about on the ground and Goram probably had the better of it (no doubt due to his superior weight advantage!) Remember how long it seemed to be before police and stewards got to it - considering it was in the box.

Cheers.

Goram is still a tit!

Today he is going on about how people call him "Goalie"

For example, "David Beckham came in and said, "hey Goalie, lets go" so went out to practice..."

My arse! I dont doubt he practiced with Beckham, what I do doubt that is that everyone swooned at his feet and always called him "Goalie"

Baader
27-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Cheers.

Goram is still a tit!

Today he is going on about how people call him "Goalie"

For example, "David Beckham came in and said, "hey Goalie, lets go" so went out to practice..."

My arse! I dont doubt he practiced with Beckham, what I do doubt that is that everyone swooned at his feet and always called him "Goalie"

Aye, he's an embarrassment.

jgl07
27-10-2009, 02:51 PM

Will never forget my time at Ibrox when people were belting out "2 Paul Gascoignes" :greengrin
Or the England supporters with "Two Garry Stevens"!

Tomsk
27-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Have met Goram a few times and he is ok guy, would be in most Hibs fans all-time XI too I suspect.

Where did you meet him? Down the lodge? At a march?

Danderhall Hibs
27-10-2009, 03:09 PM

I reckon this might've happened. Probably because Beckham didn't know his name so just called him goalie instead of hingmy.

Jones28
27-10-2009, 03:12 PM
What a load of pish that guy talks. :agree:

hibsdaft
27-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Goram = bawbag

cammy1969
27-10-2009, 04:20 PM
did he no get attacked by a rangers fan when he played for us or was it another goalkeeper

Mag7
27-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Best keeper I've ever seen (not just at Hibs but anywhere) and what's actually so bad about what he says in that Sun piece? Guy who attacked him deserved a good slap for being such an erse.

Stonewall
27-10-2009, 06:03 PM
<P>
Have met Goram a few times and he is ok guy, would be in most Hibs fans all-time XI too I suspect.</P>
<P><BR>I agree with you.&nbsp;Not to bright and no doubt a bit easily led but a&nbsp;decent guy&nbsp;all the same.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</P>

sambajustice
27-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Best keeper I've ever seen (not just at Hibs but anywhere) and what's actually so bad about what he says in that Sun piece? Guy who attacked him deserved a good slap for being such an erse.

You 'arvin a larf???

He was Keeper for a team that had pretty much no competition for the best part of a decade. Not saying he wasn't good but he wasn't that good!

Its not the bit about the fight with the fan thats bad, its the way he's going on about, "I have my beliefs", "I regularly go to Rangers clubs in Belfast", I've met senior UDA people (accidently he says, my arse!), "everyone calls me Goalie". "I told Roy Keane where to go..." Keane would probably knock him clean out!

MrSmith
27-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Met him a few times too and he is a tit!

Best goalie we ever had though! pity he's a tit!

I met him in the Minto Hotel - he was living there after the missus booted him out - it was then he did the article for the Daily Scot , David Murray's paper. He slaughtered us and really said some things that were rank out of order, so , me being me decided to confront him...I asked why he would allow such drivel to be written and how could he even look at himself in the mirror considering all the lies? his reply was just stupid! shrugged his shoulder, humphed and said "just because!" I was almost in his face at this point and I recall his bouncer/body gaurd moving to intercept, but...the owner of the Minto at that point was a fairly well known man not to be messed with...he stopped the body gaurd in his tracks and said "leave it, the guys a tit if it wasn't for his money he wouldn't be hear!" and then muttered something about "womens pants on yer heid??" I turned to Jake and smiled, he laughed out loud.

Gorams a tit!

therealgavmac
27-10-2009, 06:31 PM
<P></P>
<P><BR>I agree with you.&nbsp;Not to bright and no doubt a bit easily led but a&nbsp;decent guy&nbsp;all the same.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</P>

This had bog-all to do with the thread - just love the avatar that's all - best day outside of Hibs was a day at Manassas learning about the Bull Run and Stonewall Jackson :thumbsup:

MUSSI LEE
27-10-2009, 06:46 PM
best keeper ive seen at er i met him once seemed a ok guy cant be arsed with all bigot ****

magpie1892
27-10-2009, 06:47 PM
I know he's no looker but then again neither is Rod Stewart yet Goram has been about with some absolute howlers. The current one, the 'classy lady' looks about 60?

Hiber-nation
27-10-2009, 06:59 PM
You 'arvin a larf???

He was Keeper for a team that had pretty much no competition for the best part of a decade. Not saying he wasn't good but he wasn't that good!

Complete and utter erse but the best Hibs keeper that I've seen.

GraniteCityHibs
28-10-2009, 07:00 AM

Ahead of Zibi or Brown?????? No Chance!:greengrin

Steve20
28-10-2009, 07:09 AM
You 'arvin a larf???

I think you are the one that is "'arvin a larf". Goram is far and away the best keeper that I have seen. To say he wasn't that good is just nonsense.

Mag7
28-10-2009, 08:18 AM
You 'arvin a larf???

Its not the bit about the fight with the fan thats bad, its the way he's going on about, "I have my beliefs", "I regularly go to Rangers clubs in Belfast", I've met senior UDA people (accidently he says, my arse!), "everyone calls me Goalie". "I told Roy Keane where to go..." Keane would probably knock him clean out!

Maybe you're not old enough to have seen him play for Hibs but he was with us for four years and was simply outstanding. Leighton is the only Hibs keeper I've seen who runs him close, but Goram had a little bit extra natural ability. OK, he played in a great Rangers team where he had less to do than when he was at Easter Road but when called upon he remained a tremendous keeper. Did Tommy Burns not say something to the effect that 'Andy Goram broke his heart' would be a fitting epitaph on his gravestone?

Sure, he may not be an all-round great guy (how many footballers are?), but as a keeper he was second to none.

sambajustice
28-10-2009, 08:31 AM
I did see Goram play, I was at the game when he scored.

However, are we talking about the Best Keeper Ever!? or just the best keeper Hibs have had?

I wont disagree with the latter, but the former is a bit far fetched.

Best keeper I've ever seen (not just at Hibs but anywhere) and what's actually so bad about what he says in that Sun piece?

Implies that he was the best keeper you've ever seen play??

Frazerbob
28-10-2009, 08:50 AM
In his firts book "Scotland's for Me" Goram writes about how he wished his father had been alive to see him play for Hibs as he had also payed for us. He talks about how proud his father would have been. I wonder how proud his father would have been had he lived long enough to see his son play the imaginary flute to the Hibs end at Ibrox a couple of years later?

As for "The Goalie" nick name......that only seemed to appear after he stoped playing and was perpetrated by the man himself. Self praise is no praise!

Cabbage East
28-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Great keeper but utter vermin as a human.

givescotlandfreedom
28-10-2009, 11:32 AM
I think Goram's memory's going when he claims to have battered the boy who jumped him. I seem to remember Andy Millen (who was a sub warming up behind te goal) intervened and saved him a doing.

GREEN WARLORD
28-10-2009, 11:39 AM
na mate that is true a was with the guy who done it :wink:

:agree: Is he still cleaning windows? :wink:

cheltenhamhibee
28-10-2009, 04:16 PM
must've been the other andy goram !!!!

hibbybrian
28-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Met him a few times too and he is a tit!

Best goalie we ever had though! pity he's a tit!

I met him in the Minto Hotel - he was living there after the missus booted him out - it was then he did the article for the Daily Scot , David Murray's paper. He slaughtered us and really said some things that were rank out of order, so , me being me decided to confront him...I asked why he would allow such drivel to be written and how could he even look at himself in the mirror considering all the lies? his reply was just stupid! shrugged his shoulder, humphed and said "just because!"

Daily rantic version

broonie27
28-10-2009, 11:20 PM
I know there's been a thread about the idiot already but read this http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Changing-room-chat-Goram-drops.5776217.jp

says two things to me: 1. the guys an utter dick with no class and 2. did he ever actually read any of his "own" books?

actually three things - this guy has 3 autobiographies! if it was Nelson Mandela i could understand but andy goram ffs. just goes to show the orange legions will buy anything by one of their own.

still the best goalkeeper i've ever seen at ER though.

Baader
28-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Two Andy Gorams indeed!

Maybe a third along now - hence the trilogy of autobiographies! He is the Tolkien of the football world...

Tomsk
29-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Two Andy Gorams indeed!

Maybe a third along now - hence the trilogy of autobiographies! He is the Tolkien of the football world...

He's the Lard of the Rings