PDA

View Full Version : "other SPL players will join Gers for the wages"

Comiston Hibee
26-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Did anyone else here Jim Traynor suggesting that the current Rangers squad will be broken up and sold at the end of the season and replaced with "other SPL players who will more than double their wages by joining the Gers"

He doesn't normally talk much sense but on this ocassion I can see it happening.

Tache Man - get all the boys signed on long term contracts, keep the team together and let's take them on - you wont get any money from them so don't let them steal our players without any return.

Thoughts?

matty_f
26-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Did anyone else here Jim Traynor suggesting that the current Rangers squad will be broken up and sold at the end of the season and replaced with "other SPL players who will more than double their wages by joining the Gers"

He doesn't normally talk much sense but on this ocassion I can see it happening.

Tache Man - get all the boys signed on long term contracts, keep the team together and let's take them on - you wont get any money from them so don't let them steal our players without any return.

Thoughts?

Depends on how much cost cutting happens at Ibrox, but generally I think it's a fair point. Most SPL players would jump at the chance of a move to Rangers, sadly.

The Huns will, IMHO, still pay more than every other SPL side bar Celtc.

Minder
26-10-2009, 11:53 PM
The fuds will be having a clearout - can see some movement between the two with Stewart and Zaliukas going West.

jgl07
27-10-2009, 02:46 AM

Thoughts?
Well it has happened for as long as I can recall.

The only difference is that now Rangers have nothing to pay transfer fees with.

Don't let contracts run down or they will be in for pre-contract deals.

EasterRoad4Ever
27-10-2009, 05:48 AM

Thoughts?

And how exactly will that improve the quality of the SPL ? The Huns are in a desperate state and will be fishing in the same pool as us for the first time in generation - bring it on.

Steve-O
27-10-2009, 05:53 AM
Well it has happened for as long as I can recall.

The only difference is that now Rangers have nothing to pay transfer fees with.

Don't let contracts run down or they will be in for pre-contract deals.

Exactly.

Hibee87
27-10-2009, 07:11 AM

Thoughts?

The only people rangers will be able to afford are free transfers. and not the calibre of player we will be threatent with. let rangers scrape the sple for all the free transfers they will be nothign next year, possibly be nothing after january :bye:

MyJo
27-10-2009, 07:25 AM
My only concern about this is that the might want to try and sign Darren Barr because he is going out of contract and we will lose out on him as a result.

brydekirk
27-10-2009, 08:36 AM
My only concern about this is that the might want to try and sign Darren Barr because he is going out of contract and we will lose out on him as a result.

:agree::agree: hope yogi can talk this guy into a hibs shirt :thumbsup:

The Godfather
27-10-2009, 08:42 AM
:agree::agree: hope yogi can talk this guy into a hibs shirt :thumbsup:

I think Yogi could talk Ian Paisley into a hibs strip :faf::faf:

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-10-2009, 02:42 PM
i am not really sure that this is much of a story. players have always left other scottish clubs to play for rfc for more money. not all of them got a game [ alan gow]. so they won't be able to buy anyone. that's not much of a story either.

HibeeB
27-10-2009, 03:23 PM
It's begun;

Clyde starlets catch Rangers' eye

>>Link<< (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/clyde/8327867.stm)

col02
27-10-2009, 04:12 PM
It's begun;

Clyde starlets catch Rangers' eye

>>Link<< (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/clyde/8327867.stm)

They even look like Huns already appearance wise!

cockneymike
27-10-2009, 06:17 PM
John 'bomber' Brown is the manager - doing a wee favour for his old pals 'Ally and Durranty', so that he can maybe get a coaching job with them when Walter retires???