PDA

View Full Version : The only team on the up???

007 Mickey Weir
26-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Are we the only team in league on the up?? What does everyone think in a time of doom and gloom for most teams??

Celtic - struggling in euro and want manager out
Huns - totally skint and about to sell any half decent player they have
Us - Getting better and better. with possible new signings in January.
Utd - Stable but financial can't keep with us. Could struggle if they get injuries
Motherwell - Better than last year, but skint and small squad.
St Mirren - League position will not last. Pretty poor
Sheep - Totally skint and having to play 16 yr olds!!
Killie - Have been in a mess for a while
Hearts - hahahahahahhaha NADE GOALS NADE CASH
St Johnstone - Probably the closest to a team on the up. But still in a relegation battle
Hamilton - No fans, will loss players in next 2 transfer windows
Falkirk - 2 star players could be heading to ER and relegation a strong possibilty

We have a strong squad that will be strengthened in Jan. In summer Zemamma will move for £2million and it will allow us to fund a new East Stand. we will continue to grow our youth team and start to get regular european place and possible challenge for 2nd place if huns keep slipping. season tickets will grom back to nearer th 12k mark and regular attendances will be 14k plus.

its good to be a hibbie!!! :thumbsup:

heretoday
26-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Och it's just great!

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Along with us, I think that Motherwell and United will be fairly happy with the way things are going just now. Have a feeling that Well will pay the price for starting this season almost before last season ended. United look like a decent side though. Both those teams, as well as us will be in the top half of the table come season end.:agree:

jacomo
26-10-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't want to think too far ahead, or make any rash predictions.

But the stars do seem to have aligned for us. Hibs have timed their run well, and can now spend a little money while others are making cuts.

As Warren Buffett says - invest in a falling market.

Part/Time Supporter
26-10-2009, 08:31 PM
St. Mirren are on the up, relatively speaking, as they have been battling against relegation since they got promoted. If Aberdeen and Hearts continue to struggle they would probably make the top six. They also have quite a lot of financial flexibility due to their stadium move, as the old site was sold for a lot more than the new place cost.

But in terms of the teams that would look to finish 3rd / 4th most seasons (ie Hibs, Hearts, United and Aberdeen), Hibs are the only club on the up. United are at about the same level as they have been since Levein got there while the other two have clearly regressed.

sahib
26-10-2009, 08:36 PM

But the stars do seem to have aligned for us. Hibs have timed their run well, and can now spend a little money while others are making cuts.

Can we? We are trading at a loss when you exclude transfer money. We still have debt, as far as I can see. Relative to turn over it is still substantial. Only hope is that Sir Tom's credit is still good at the bank.

--------
26-10-2009, 08:36 PM

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars
but in ourselves that we are underlings...."

As the Bard says.... :wink:

Kevvy1875
26-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Utd, Well and the Buddies will be reasonably happy I would say. General view really.

joe breezy
26-10-2009, 08:43 PM
We're only 2 defeats away from a crisis

Hibby 2005
26-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Without getting too carried away, I don't see why 3rd spot shouldn't be ours this season.

Depending on what happens with Rangers off the field I think next season could be interesting as Rangers could be overtaken, hopefully by a Hibs team able to hold on to their best players while still strengthening areas that need to be addressed.

007 Mickey Weir
26-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Get Barr in the January window. And Arfield in the summer if Zemmama gets his big bucks move. Think we could get both for under 500k. Maybe even less if Falkirk go down.

Still need to get a RB from somewhere.

Hibercelona
26-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Can we? We are trading at a loss when you exclude transfer money. We still have debt, as far as I can see. Relative to turn over it is still substantial. Only hope is that Sir Tom's credit is still good at the bank.

Aye.... it's all doom and gloom. :devil:

jacomo
26-10-2009, 09:28 PM

Ok, well we have spent money, and the tache says the books are "rock solid".

Of course, if we underperform and the crowds don't turn up, then we'll have to cut our cloth again. But we spent more than anyone bar Celtic in the summer.

In a small way, it's the "speculate to accumulate" strategy that so many Hibs fans wanted a few years ago.