PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Mr Petrie

Captain Trips
26-10-2009, 05:38 PM
I am not one of the people who has praised Rod over last few years, I have rather angry at the sale of players etc.

The current state that Rangers are in and the fact we added the likes of Stokes and Miller to the team who will by know means be on pennies says a lot about how well things off field have went.

We can talk all day about managers etc but I think in the long run and taking stock of were we are as of today I think we can really be hopefull for ourselves, I think there may even be money to strengthen in January.

Whats happening hopefully at Ibrox is long overdue and I hope they feel the pains we have for years in losing players and matches.

I give credit to the board and hope they can keep the books and football balanced.

Kevvy1875
26-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Well done mate...due to the board's prudence we are seeing results for that at long last. Timing is everything and methinks the board has got it spot on with loosening the purse strings:thumbsup:

matty_f
26-10-2009, 06:06 PM
I am not one of the people who has praised Rod over last few years, I have rather angry at the sale of players etc.

The current state that Rangers are in and the fact we added the likes of Stokes and Miller to the team who will by know means be on pennies says a lot about how well things off field have went.

We can talk all day about managers etc but I think in the long run and taking stock of were we are as of today I think we can really be hopefull for ourselves, I think there may even be money to strengthen in January.

Whats happening hopefully at Ibrox is long overdue and I hope they feel the pains we have for years in losing players and matches.

I give credit to the board and hope they can keep the books and football balanced.

Good post.:agree:

Perspective
26-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Spot on but it's time for the fans to do their bit and turn up in numbers for home games. Our attendances have been poor given the investment in the team, feel-good factor and start to the season.

Woody1985
26-10-2009, 06:29 PM
:agree::agree::agree:

down-the-slope
26-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Spot on but it's time for the fans to do their bit and turn up in numbers for home games. Our attendances have been poor given the investment in the team, feel-good factor and start to the season.

:agree: more bums on more seats or we won't be able to maintain the gradual progress of recent years...we need to be able to justify replacement East Stand so that future income can increase in numbers and week in week out facilities that have done so well for FF & West stands.

PS....when will the match day kiosk catering catch up with the rest of the improvements. (my Idea....Greggs outlets :rolleyes: - even at twice the high street prices they would be streets ahead of curent offerings)

7Hero
26-10-2009, 06:43 PM
ill applaud when we win something.

until then doesnt matter how tight the budgets are im afraid, if we do it AND win something then hats will definitely be off and mr petrie will be showered with the praise indeed.

matty_f
26-10-2009, 06:47 PM
:agree: more bums on more seats or we won't be able to maintain the gradual progress of recent years...we need to be able to justify replacement East Stand so that future income can increase in numbers and week in week out facilities that have done so well for FF & West stands.

PS....when will the match day kiosk catering catch up with the rest of the improvements. (my Idea....Greggs outlets :rolleyes: - even at twice the high street prices they would be streets ahead of curent offerings)

:agree:

The difference a couple of thousand on the gates would make cannot be over-stated, IMHO.

What's the average ticket price just now? £25 or thereabouts?

Say 2500 extra fans, paying £25 each - that's £62,500 per match more. Three matches is good wages for another player, six matches gives us money to buy the player and pay the wages. See it out til the end of the season and we can get a couple in.

Encourage as many folk as you can to head to Easter Road whenever they can. We're worth seeing, and we can all play a part in strengthening the squad.

heretoday
26-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Petrie ought to go into politics. "Prudent policies for a successful Britain."

Oops, where have we heard that before?

snooky
26-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Think I'll wait and see what the January sales bring us (the ins & outs) before I bow in homage to Tachemodo. :cool2:

Pedantic_Hibee
26-10-2009, 07:18 PM
I have a Rod Petrie rucksack.

aljo7-0
26-10-2009, 07:22 PM
I have a Rod Petrie rucksack.

Brilliant - more marketing ideas for the club to raise revenue.

Petrie sporrans - shaped like his tache.

007 Mickey Weir
26-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Brilliant - more marketing ideas for the club to raise revenue.

Petrie sporrans - shaped like his tache.

BRILLIANT!!!!! HA HA :greengrin

basehibby
26-10-2009, 07:58 PM

until then doesnt matter how tight the budgets are im afraid, if we do it AND win something then hats will definitely be off and mr petrie will be showered with the praise indeed.

Erm - is it just me or are you missing something :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQJuSAiHZgk&feature=fvw

Mikeystewart
26-10-2009, 09:45 PM

We will all be back to our good old ways of ripping the board to shreds come january when we sell one of our gems to pay for the new stand.:wink:

PaulSmith
26-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Rangers - Facing administration and not got a bolt
Aberdeen - Totally skint and praying that the local council build a stadium for them
Dundee Utd - Levein admitted top earner £2k and no transfer fee budget
Motherwell - 'Team ' made up of 6 month loan deals
Hearts - Where do you start?!
Killie - Not a bolt
Celtic - Still a fair wedge kicking about

Hibs - Signed Riordan, Stokes, Miller and looks like theres still something left in the pot for Barr or Arfield. :greengrin:thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
26-10-2009, 10:03 PM

Glory hunter.