PDA

View Full Version : Derby - restricted view

Velma Dinkley
26-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Hello my Hibee chums. I trust you are well. I booked my tickets for the derby last week and am already tingling with anticiptation. I've never been to Tynecastle, though, and the chap who sold me the tickets said they were restricted view. I was just wondering how restricted it actually is. I would like to be able to see at least a few blades of grass or something.

Phil MaGlass
26-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Its restricted view because hertz dont actually play football.

Ritchie
26-10-2009, 10:34 AM
cant think of anywhere in the stand that would be classed as restricted view! :confused:

bobbyhibs1983
26-10-2009, 10:39 AM
cant think of anywhere in the stand that would be classed as restricted view! :confused:

the only place i can think of is at the bottom of the stand,front row and like just behind the goals, cant see much from there i would guess?

Green Man
26-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Seats behind Nade's warm up area?

Antifa Hibs
26-10-2009, 10:40 AM

Likewise. Perhaps the the row in the top tier is a tad restriced from the fence in front? Never heard of a restricted view for a ticket at Tynie before though :confused:

Block and Row is it for?

Bayern Bru
26-10-2009, 10:41 AM
From one of the Hertz websites, official stuff....

Restricted View Seats

Supporters should note that there are a limited number of seats which offer a restricted view in the main stand. A discount will be offered for these seats. Restricted seats are only available for purchase after all other seats in the stadium are sold.

Are your tickets for the main stand?
:confused:

Kojock
26-10-2009, 10:42 AM

The toilet :confused:

Bayern Bru
26-10-2009, 10:42 AM
the only place i can think of is at the bottom of the stand,front row and like just behind the goals, cant see much from there i would guess?

That would have sold out first though, so I doubt it would be there.

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2009, 10:44 AM

You can never get in there, its always full of people from airdrie.

Bayern Bru
26-10-2009, 10:45 AM
You can never get in there, its always full of people from airdrie.

:tee hee:

Alex Trager
26-10-2009, 10:56 AM

Agreed

O'Rourke3
26-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Are they not all restricted as the stand faces the pitch:confused:

Velma Dinkley
26-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Interestingggg. I can't actually remember what block/row they're in. The guy just said there were no seats left without a restricted view so I took what he offered. Should be good anyway :thumbsup::jamboak:

Dipped flake
26-10-2009, 11:39 AM
The only place I can think would have a slightly reduced view is row 9, the 1st row after the walkway, where the bars on the barriers behinw row 8 can block the goalmouth, depending what block you are in but I have never heard of them, or any other seat in the Roseburn, being called restricted view.

the_ginger_hibee
26-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I think you must be sitting behind Frank Dougan.

NOLA
26-10-2009, 01:06 PM
must be the death trap, sorry i meant to say the main stand:wink:

andrew70
26-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Could it possibly be the seats that are individual right up against the side of the stand?

Bayern Bru
26-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Could it possibly be the seats that are individual right up against the side of the stand?

Doubt it, I've sat there before and the view's fine. You just get a sore neck.

Hibercelona
26-10-2009, 02:42 PM

Wee Airdrie Jambo agrees. :agree:

lyonhibs
26-10-2009, 02:44 PM

Such a joke feature of that sty. Who the hell messes up the planning of their seating such that there is a column of single seats?? Don't Hearts realise that most folk go to the football with their mates and as such don't especially want to sit on their Jack Jones??

That said, much like Hearts at the moment, it looks ****in' ridiculous and hilarious on the TV

Peevemor
26-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Such a joke feature of that sty. Who the hell messes up the planning of their seating such that there is a column of single seats?? Don't Hearts realise that most folk go to the football with their mates and as such don't especially want to sit on their Jack Jones??

That said, much like Hearts at the moment, it looks ****in' ridiculous and hilarious on the TV

... knowing how some of them smell... :cool2:

Velma Dinkley
26-10-2009, 04:41 PM
It's block 2, row 19 by the way. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be able to see us score all our goals easily enough.

cheeky moonkeh
26-10-2009, 04:43 PM
It's block 2, row 19 by the way. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be able to see us score all our goals easily enough.

i dont see how anywhere in row 19 would be a restricted view, would definitely say the only restricted view is directly behind the goals, just like it would be anywhere!

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
26-10-2009, 04:45 PM
The only place I can think would have a slightly reduced view is row 9, the 1st row after the walkway, where the bars on the barriers behinw row 8 can block the goalmouth, depending what block you are in but I have never heard of them, or any other seat in the Roseburn, being called restricted view.

dipped - how good was barr on saturday ??? :duck:

Velma Dinkley
26-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Must be a chap with a sombrero sitting in front of me then. Do we have any Mexican hibees?

greenlex
26-10-2009, 05:06 PM
The only restricted views at Tyncastle are for the home support. Something about sand apparently.

H18sry
26-10-2009, 05:09 PM
The only restricted views at Tyncastle are for the home support. Something about sand apparently.

Is that because they face the pitch :greengrin

Godsahibby
26-10-2009, 08:16 PM

I was in one of those seats for the Millenium Derby!

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Anybody see the interview on the six o'clock news with Gary Locke and then Laszlo? When they were walking along the corridor under the main stand, you could see the cheapo 1980's striplights blinking on and off. If Hearts have not paid their 'leccy bill, it could be a restricted view for us all come the second half. I am all for the game being out of sight by then .....but no like that.:sofa:

Albanian Hibs
26-10-2009, 08:35 PM

:faf:

Removed
26-10-2009, 08:38 PM

When I phoned the ticket office I asked for one of those seats especially, I mean would you want to sit next to :slipper:for the whole game :greengrin

monktonharp
27-10-2009, 01:08 AM

That said, much like Hearts at the moment, it looks ****in' ridiculous and hilarious on the TVthese seats are reserved for people with irritable bowel syndrome or bladder problems,in case they have to rush oot.:wink:

joe t
27-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Do they still have the single row of seats at the end of each stand for the 'socially challenged' Jambos?

Bayern Bru
27-10-2009, 03:15 PM
:tumble:

Hibster
27-10-2009, 05:51 PM
My seat is restricted view as well apparently. Guy on the phone just said something about not being able to see one of the corners - probably the one over by the Main Stand I'm guessing.