PDA

View Full Version : NHC Walter Smith's contract ends in January

cwilliamson85
26-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Reading the papers yesterday and it raised a small issue that could arise in January.

Walter Smith along with Ally McCoist’s contract end in January.

Could it happen they don’t get offered new contract or asked to take wage cuts and and turn it down then the teddy bears have to finish the season with out a manager?

Cocaine&Caviar
26-10-2009, 09:03 AM
If Walter does leave the sinking ship, wouldnt suprise me at all if they offered it to McCoist...

Isnt it a bit irregular to end a contract in January anyway?

cwilliamson85
26-10-2009, 09:12 AM
If Walter does leave the sinking ship, wouldnt suprise me at all if they offered it to McCoist...

I thought it was a misprint but a couple of the papers had it in

MSK
26-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Reading the papers yesterday and it raised a small issue that could arise in January.

Could it happen they don’t get offered new contract or asked to take wage cuts and and turn it down then the teddy bears have to finish the season with out a manager?I thought Smith had been "grooming" Durrant to be his successor, he would be the obvious "cheap" option given huns desperate financial status ...

El Gubbz
26-10-2009, 09:29 AM

Could it happen they don’t get offered new contract or asked to take wage cuts and and turn it down then the teddy bears have to finish the season with out a manager?
Noticed this yesterday on the BBC SPL gossip page:

Rangers manager Walter Smith has hinted he will continue as boss at Ibrox until the end of the season without a contract. (Various)

bobbyhibs1983
26-10-2009, 09:29 AM

i can see what your saying but uncle walter musta left scotland maybe 2/3years ago or whenever it was and well signed a 2-3 year contact lets say started jan 24th(just a random date) his contact would like run out 2-3 years from that date.

if him and his lil team go i can see alot of managers coming out and saying "i ve always supported rangers" and that sorta cr*p"

Kaff
26-10-2009, 09:32 AM
i can see what your saying but uncle walter musta left scotland maybe 2/3years ago or whenever it was and well signed a 2-3 year contact lets say started jan 24th(just a random date) his contact would like run out 2-3 years from that date.

if him and his lil team go i can see alot of managers coming out and saying "i ve always supported rangers" and that sorta cr*p"

Yeah and hopefully they'll be 'Tango'ed' by the quality they can afford.

heretoday
26-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Rangers should sack Smith and appoint a young go-ahead manager (not McQuoist or Durrant) if such an animal exists. If Smith's contract runs out in January then it shouldn't be too expensive for the bank.
The players they have can probably be moulded into a decent side. They didn't become rubbish overnight.
It won't happen of course. The whole saga will drag on dominating the media. Yawn.

ancienthibby
26-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Also of interest (maybe more!) is that some Greyskull players whose contracts run out at the end of the season, will not be offered new contracts and, if at all, only on reduced terms.

Would this revitalised Hibs team be attractive to the likes of Whitts and Katie!!??:greengrin