PDA

View Full Version : They Are Holding Us Back

Dan Sarf
25-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Fair play to Rangers yesterday, they raised their game against us and made us work hard. But the truth has to be faced sooner or later. They and other teams like them who don’t have our financial resources are holding us back. We need to be playing in a bigger league. In fact, I think if we don't, Scottish football is in danger of dying. I stress to you, if we are going to keep a high profile in Scotland then something like that needs to happen. If Hibs can keep the profile of Scottish football high then that is obviously good for the whole thing, because who else is going to do it? Other Scottish clubs could eventually join us in our new surroundings.

:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
25-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Fair play to Rangers yesterday, they raised their game against us and made us work hard. But the truth has to be faced sooner or later. They and other teams like them who don’t have our financial resources are holding us back. We need to be playing in a bigger league. In fact, I think if we don't, Scottish football is in danger of dying. I stress to you, if we are going to keep a high profile in Scotland then something like that needs to happen. If Hibs can keep the profile of Scottish football high then that is obviously good for the whole thing, because who else is going to do it? Other Scottish clubs could eventually join us in our new surroundings.

:wink:

:top marks

It's an unpalatable truth, but someone had to say it sooner or later. It will be better for everyone if we move on, but I can understand the trauma that will cause some of the less succesful clubs.

We must be as big in victory as we are maganimous in defeat. To that end, can I offer an olive branch to the teams who may not be at our level yet? We have an excellent training facility out in East Lothian, and should, oh, Rangers or maybe Hearts fancy a kick about sometime, it's theirs free of charge.

By offering what financial support we can, in an ethical manner, we can ensure that these once, significant, members of the footballing community can see out their twilight years in as dignified manner as is possible.

Hibercelona
25-10-2009, 06:56 PM
:agree:

The SPL is holding us back.

Teams like Rangers, Celtic and Hearts just cannot cope with our quality and finances.

We should choose a move down to the EPL and give those smaller teams in the SPL a chance of some silverware. :thumbsup:

It would be the right thing to do. :agree: :wink:

sadtom
25-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Maybe we should leave a reserve side in the spl so that they will have a benchmark to aim for and few attractive matches to look forward to.

givescotlandfreedom
25-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Spot on guys, I feel guilty about taking their talent like Riordan and Miller for sweeties whilst palming our crap like Caldwell to them. How are our players supposed to improve playing against joke outfits like them? :grr: