PDA

View Full Version : anyone got any signatures

chipmunk hibby
25-10-2009, 02:58 PM
any of u guys got any hibs players signature ive got 6.
4 of them r on the back of my hibs top 1 is on a bit of paper.
i got zemmamas signature in morrisons by my grandad:greengrin
on the back of my top ive got nish's,stack's,rankin's,maka's.riordan's is on a diffrent top:hnet:

--------
25-10-2009, 02:59 PM
I have a signed top from a few years back.

Unfortunately, most of the players who signed it are either Huns or Soapdodgers now. :boo hoo:

chipmunk hibby
25-10-2009, 03:01 PM
I have a signed top from a few years back.

Unfortunately, most of the players who signed it are either Huns or Soapdodgers now. :boo hoo:
Whos did you have?

--------
25-10-2009, 03:04 PM
The Brown-Katie-Whittaker mob.

I've been thinking of selling the thing to some Tartan Army 'foot-soldier', given that nearly everyone on it was picked for Scotland as soon as he moved to Glasgow.

Billie Jo
25-10-2009, 03:08 PM
I've got Zemmama's on a Match ticket, handsome wee guy:love ya!:

chipmunk hibby
25-10-2009, 03:13 PM
I've got Zemmama's on a Match ticket, handsome wee guy:love ya!:
ive got mine on the back of a morrisins receipt.LOL

Billie Jo
25-10-2009, 03:17 PM
ive got mine on the back of a morrisins receipt.LOL

Class, I neva even had a pen on me, I had to ask the wifie on reception, like a gentleman he waited for me ( and my neice who I got to chase him) Haha:greengrin

CalgaryHibs
25-10-2009, 03:18 PM
on the back of my top ive got nish's,stack's,rankin's,maka's.riordan's is on a diffrent top:hnet:

=============
Ive got a signed Paul Fenwick jersey on my wall in the famous CalgaryHibs room.

note= nice to see some young Hibbys on this chat board :greengrin

chipmunk hibby
25-10-2009, 03:20 PM
=============
Ive got a signed Paul Fenwick jersey on my wall in the famous CalgaryHibs room.

note= nice to see some young Hibbys on this chat board :greengrin
btw im sleeping giants son

Jay
25-10-2009, 03:20 PM
We won the signed top at last weeks half time draw.

we can read, John Hughes, Brian Rice,Lewis Stevenson,David Wotherspoon,Paul Hanlon,Lee Currie,Stokes,Kevin McBride,Danny Galbraith,Kurtis Byrne,Thicot,Rankin,Stack and a few that we are guessing at. Most of the ones we know have their squad number in it.

chipmunk hibby
25-10-2009, 03:23 PM

we can read, John Hughes, Brian Rice,Lewis Stevenson,David Wotherspoon,Paul Hanlon,Lee Currie,Stokes,Kevin McBride,Danny Galbraith,Kurtis Byrne,Thicot,Rankin,Stack and a few that we are guessing at. Most of the ones we know have their squad number in it.
we buy hibee half time draw tickets 4 3 years straight and ive never won anything

CalgaryHibs
25-10-2009, 03:25 PM

hey i know who yoo are yoor star keeper for Broxburn Colts!

chipmunk hibby
25-10-2009, 03:26 PM
hey i know who yoo are yoor star keeper for Broxburn Colts!
yep ive been unbeaten for 9 games straight 4 for the colts and 5 for utd.

CalgaryHibs
25-10-2009, 03:28 PM

===========
Now this is a great prize too win.......................

Fat Stu
25-10-2009, 03:31 PM
got all the ones on his thread here http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=163001.

Also got a ball signed by most of the team from about 2000 including latapy and sauzee.

CalgaryHibs
25-10-2009, 03:32 PM
yep ive been unbeaten for 9 games straight 4 for the colts and 5 for utd.

===========
Well young man keep up the good work i'll be looking forward to match report next saturday ,
say hi to yoor dad for me:greengrin

chipmunk hibby
25-10-2009, 03:33 PM
===========
Well young man keep up the good work i'll be looking forward to match report next saturday ,
say hi to yoor dad for me:greengrinwill do

CalgaryHibs
25-10-2009, 03:34 PM
got all the ones on his thread here http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=163001.

Also got a ball signed by most of the team from about 2000 including latapy and sauzee.

==============
Fab stuff:thumbsup:

chipmunk hibby
25-10-2009, 03:34 PM

Also got a ball signed by most of the team from about 2000 including latapy and sauzee.cool what team is sauzee playing 4 now?

Fat Stu
25-10-2009, 03:35 PM
cool what team is sauzee playing 4 now?

retired after getting the sack at hibs, think he commentates on french football.

forgot toadd I was also mascot about 1988 1-0 midweek defeat to rangersat home, also got alot of sigs that day aswell.

EH6 Hibby
25-10-2009, 03:35 PM
I got a birthday card from Bamba last year! :blushie: :love ya!:

He had an appointment in my Mother in Law's dentists so she got him to sign a card for me. :greengrin

CalgaryHibs
25-10-2009, 03:36 PM
cool what team is sauzee playing 4 now?

Sauzee is now retired works for Canal tv france , he was on the tellie here yesterday doing the Bordeaux -LeMans match

chipmunk hibby
25-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Sauzee is now retired works for Canal tv france , he was on the tellie here yesterday doing the Bordeaux -LeMans matchwhizz he

Jay
25-10-2009, 03:38 PM

Keep trying wee man we bought 2 tickets every home game for 6 years and this is the first time we have won - in fact I think its the first anbody around us has won anything :agree:

Next time I want the money :greengrin

CalgaryHibs
25-10-2009, 03:41 PM
will do

========
Just wondering who do yoo play next saturday ?

chipmunk hibby
25-10-2009, 03:44 PM
========
Just wondering who do yoo play next saturday ?im not sure yet but ill tell you when i know

chipmunk hibby
25-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Keep trying wee man we bought 2 tickets every home game for 6 years and this is the first time we have won - in fact I think its the first anbody around us has won anything :agree:

Next time I want the money :greengrinno one in our area has ever won since ive been there

CalgaryHibs
25-10-2009, 03:50 PM
im not sure yet but ill tell you when i know

please "pm" me during the week.....

chipmunk hibby
25-10-2009, 03:51 PM
please "pm" me during the week.....
im not allowed to pm or get pm's.
I'll get my dad to let you know.

CalgaryHibs
25-10-2009, 03:54 PM
im not allowed to pm or get pm's.
I'll get my dad to let you know.

cheers

off to watch 3 spainsh games before my other team plays Barca!:greengrin

bobbyhibs1983
25-10-2009, 04:14 PM
rember buying a hibs calander 3-4 years ago and was in the gyle at wh smith and i said to my sis, if that tony mobray(sp)? so she opened the calander up and went after him and got him to sign his photo in the calander.
wish she has smacked him one now

GC
25-10-2009, 04:14 PM
I've still got a signed top from the Big Eck days with all the signatures, it's on my son's wall now along with a pair of boots from Nick Colgan(they're not on the wall of course)

I noticed when I went past the Hibs shop the other day that they had a signed home top up in the window, tempted to ask if it was for sale at the time to get as a present for his xmas....okay maybe for my xmas instead:greengrin:

bobbyhibs1983
25-10-2009, 04:20 PM
I noticed when I went past the Hibs shop the other day that they had a signed home top up in the window, tempted to ask if it was for sale at the time to get as a present for his xmas....okay maybe for my xmas instead:greengrin:

i hope for your sake if it is on sale and there is like Only 1, i hope your son wont want it as well:cool2:

OtterHibee
25-10-2009, 04:27 PM

I've got a signed 08/09 team photo courtesy of Lewis Stevenson, and the black away top from the previous season signed by that year's squad.

One of my prized possessions though is last season's home shirt - which as usual is printed with 'Hogg; 4' - duly signed by the gentleman himself when I last spoke to him. I'm looking to get that framed at some point. I know I'm a bit sad but :thumbsup:

GC
25-10-2009, 04:35 PM
i hope for your sake if it is on sale and there is like Only 1, i hope your son wont want it as well:cool2:

I think it's just up there as window dressing but it was fully signed by the squad from the ones I could make out, JJ's was on it aswell.

If it was for sale though I'm sure I could keep it on his wall but still know that it's mine....all mine

Jay
25-10-2009, 04:40 PM
We also have a home strip with Sproule 03 on the back which Ivan signed and a white strip with Zemmamma on the back and its is also signed by him.

Storar
25-10-2009, 04:45 PM
A few years ago me and my mate were outside Easter Road and got a bunch of signatures from the players that were kicking about the car park. My mate had just bought a football and got it signed by all the 'big players' at the time.
He got Tam McManus, Grant Brebner, John O'Neil, Paco Luna, Garry O'Connor etc and I had nothing to get signed...
So I ran back to the (old) club shop and bought a match program (they used to have the leftovers in a box at the tills) and ran back but all the first team players had gone:rolleyes:
In the end all the youth team players came out and signed my program even though I had no idea who they were. One of them was called Scott and his mate was called Steve. They were waiting for 'Kev' to pick them up.
I threw the program out because I had no idea who these guys were and it just seemed like a waste..
Now Scott is the most expensive player to be sold between 2 Scottish teams and Steve is playing in the Premiership for Burnley:bitchy:
I'm just assuming that 'Kev' is now a dirty Hun.

Alex Trager
25-10-2009, 04:48 PM
A was sat on the same plane as the wee man , zouma, coming back from Amsterdam , i turned around in the airport and he was right behind me , i was like ooh, and just let him continue then when i got onto the plane he was sitting down and i pointed to him and said are you zemmama and he said yes and i said are you going back to hibs and he said yes then my little brother got a high five.! Wee story there, never got his signature as my mum got it in her taxi

Alex Trager
25-10-2009, 04:50 PM
And me and my friend have one of sproules' boots each sined by him and brown

chipmunk hibby
25-10-2009, 07:13 PM
on the back of my top ive got nish's,stack's,rankin's,maka's.riordan's is on a diffrent top:hnet:i allso have asigned calender ofthe team in 2005

persevere1875
25-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Apart from the obligatory signed top, mine was from the Mr Blobby period, I also have a hibs top signed by Craig and Charlie Reid, pride of place on the wall :wink:

Billychaotic182
25-10-2009, 07:40 PM
I have the 2006/2007 top fully signed.

I also have one from Tam Mcmanus and Ivan Sproule

Teuchter Hibbie
25-10-2009, 07:44 PM
ive got a programme given 2 me by ulrik laursen when he lived in porty along from my gran an grandas

its from the hibs 2-1 hearts game when de la cruz scored 2 (first one was a peach IIRC)

its got all the squad from that time colgan, sauzee, o'connor, de la cruz, brebner etc etc plus the legend himself...LYNDON ANDREWS ladies and gentlemen :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Caversham Green
25-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Going back a long way, I have a sheet of Hibs headed paper with signatures of pretty much the entire squad for around 1968.

Stanton, Cormack, Blackley, Marinello, Stein are all there, as are Willie Wilson and Thomson Allan - my heroes because I was an aspiring goalie at the time. John B got them for me as he is distantly related by marriage.

Sadly, I've had a rake around for it but can't find it - I've obviously put it somewhere very safe....

hibbie02
25-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Going back a long way, I have a sheet of Hibs headed paper with signatures of pretty much the entire squad for around 1968.

Stanton, Cormack, Blackley, Marinello, Stein are all there, as are Willie Wilson and Thomson Allan - my heroes because I was an aspiring goalie at the time. John B got them for me as he is distantly related by marriage.

Sadly, I've had a rake around for it but can't find it - I've obviously put it somewhere very safe....

Are you joining us in Camden for the Hertz game?:jamboak:

sadtom
25-10-2009, 08:24 PM

My 2 lads have got
Boozy, Maka, Jones, Chisolm, McNeil, Ivan, Donalson, Kerr, Rankin, Stevenson, Deano, Broony, Fletch, Keenan, Hogg, Welsh, Benji and Whittaker.
They have been at me for a while to go and get the newer players as half the ones they have are away.

p.s. my lads play for Muss windsor U10's, maybe you'll play against them some day.

_hucks_
25-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Have a book signed by the team of the sauzee and latapy days and a ball from further back. Can't remember who's on the ball but i'll check when I'm back in Edinburgh.

Caversham Green
25-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Are you joining us in Camden for the Hertz game?:jamboak:

I will if I can, but I need to make various arrangements - depends on other people really.

Can I just turn up on the day if I can make it?

Calvin
25-10-2009, 08:41 PM
I have a signed ball from 02/03 I think. I also have the full set of signatures from 04/05.

I also have all the signatures of the 50's team including the Famous Five, and a lot of other sporting signatures.

CMac1988
25-10-2009, 08:45 PM
I got a couple of old signed footballs from many season ago, a pure white football signed by Keith Wright (Truth be told their my Dad's :rolleyes:), and from last season I managed too get the Home strip signed by all the team and fletcher's boots signed by the man himself as a favour for doing abit of work for Morais.

Loved the Executive tickets he gave me from time to time aswell!! Was bril meeting some of the (non-playing) players at half time and after a game :greengrin.

Hiber-nation
25-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Met the team in Leeries Bar after the 79 Cup Final (1st game) and Paul McGlinchey got them all to sign my programme.

matty_f
25-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Think I've got the last 3 years calendars signed.

Was also clearing out the hut last week and came across a heap of old programmes, think there's a few signed ones in there - there's definitely at least one that's signed by Goram and the rest of that team (ones I could make out at a glance were Goram and Billy Findlay!)

My son got a programme signed by Chris Hogg on his 6th birthday when we took him for the stadium tour (Cheers Billy!).

Makaveli
25-10-2009, 09:00 PM
I had the home strip from the year we got relegated signed on the sleeves - one by John Hughes and the other by Chic Charnley... the dream team!

Pretty much everyone who played for Hibs between 1996 and around 2003 is in my wee book. I've also got a signed 6x4 of Franck and a 6-2 prog signed on the centre-picture by the whole squad! Won a signed ball in the Happy Hibby last season too.

MSK
25-10-2009, 09:17 PM
From my autograph hunting days in the late 70's early 80's at the Jack Kane centre where hibs trained often i had the likes off Eddie Turnbull, Wullie Ormond, Craig Paterson, Duncan Lambie, Derek Rodier :greengrin etc ...sadly mum chucked my "scribbles" out !!! ..bitch ..:grr:

Other than my treasured autographs i had a foot long cutting of an old wooden Easter rd crossbar ...my pride & joy sat amongst my hibs pics & i guarded it with my life ...until sadly..i came home from school one day to find my treasured crossbar smouldering in our coal fire !!!! we were pretty poor back then & had nowt else to burn...after the shoes !!!!

I loved that crossbar ...:boo hoo:

hibbybrian
26-10-2009, 03:40 AM
The only recent autograph I have is Deano's on the away shirt I won on the Bounce :cool2:

Best set of autographs I have is the 1946-47 squad including Willie McCartney & Hugh Shaw - although I didn't collect the signatures personally :greengrin

Bayern Bru
26-10-2009, 03:44 AM
Think I've got the last 3 years calendars signed.

Was also clearing out the hut last week and came across a heap of old programmes, think there's a few signed ones in there - there's definitely at least one that's signed by Goram and the rest of that team (ones I could make out at a glance were Goram and Billy Findlay!)

My son got a programme signed by Chris Hogg on his 6th birthday when we took him for the stadium tour (Cheers Billy!).

Is that a subtle reference to the calendar thread I see there?
Any excuse eh...

On topic, I have Jimmy Boco's autograph. BOW DOWN.:cool2:
The other autographs I have just pale in comparison.
:greengrin

chipmunk hibby
26-10-2009, 11:27 AM
My 2 lads have got
Boozy, Maka, Jones, Chisolm, McNeil, Ivan, Donalson, Kerr, Rankin, Stevenson, Deano, Broony, Fletch, Keenan, Hogg, Welsh, Benji and Whittaker.
They have been at me for a while to go and get the newer players as half the ones they have are away.

p.s. my lads play for Muss windsor U10's, maybe you'll play against them some day.
i play for broxburn colts U1Os

--------
26-10-2009, 11:33 AM
The only recent autograph I have is Deano's on the away shirt I won on the Bounce :cool2:

Best set of autographs I have is the 1946-47 squad including Willie McCartney & Hugh Shaw - although I didn't collect the signatures personally :greengrin

You can't top that, mate. I bow in admiration. :not worth:not worth:not worth

hibbybrian
26-10-2009, 04:23 PM

You can't top that, mate. I bow in admiration. :not worth:not worth:not worth

Darn right Doddie - it is indeed a crackin' shirt :wink:

the 1927 team signatures - unfortunately I don't have the original

Ritchie
26-10-2009, 05:11 PM
A few years ago me and my mate were outside Easter Road and got a bunch of signatures from the players that were kicking about the car park. My mate had just bought a football and got it signed by all the 'big players' at the time.
He got Tam McManus, Grant Brebner, John O'Neil, Paco Luna, Garry O'Connor etc and I had nothing to get signed...
So I ran back to the (old) club shop and bought a match program (they used to have the leftovers in a box at the tills) and ran back but all the first team players had gone:rolleyes:
In the end all the youth team players came out and signed my program even though I had no idea who they were. One of them was called Scott and his mate was called Steve. They were waiting for 'Kev' to pick them up.
I threw the program out because I had no idea who these guys were and it just seemed like a waste..
Now Scott is the most expensive player to be sold between 2 Scottish teams and Steve is playing in the Premiership for Burnley:bitchy:
I'm just assuming that 'Kev' is now a dirty Hun.

haha!!

now that is a graceless classless story!! :thumbsup:

EskbankHibby
26-10-2009, 05:34 PM
As a slight aside i believe a collection of former Hibs players from different era's have got together to make it easier for fans to acquire memorobilia, signatures etc. from source.

They have a website and a lot of the former players attend the games regularly.

greenlex
26-10-2009, 06:02 PM
A was sat on the same plane as the wee man , zouma, coming back from Amsterdam , i turned around in the airport and he was right behind me , i was like ooh, and just let him continue then when i got onto the plane he was sitting down and i pointed to him and said are you zemmama and he said yes and i said are you going back to hibs and he said yes then my little brother got a high five.! Wee story there, never got his signature as my mum got it in her taxi
Does your Mum always get it in her taxi? Who does she drive for?

sleeping giant
26-10-2009, 06:04 PM
As a slight aside i believe a collection of former Hibs players from different era's have got together to make it easier for fans to acquire memorobilia, signatures etc. from source.

They have a website and a lot of the former players attend the games regularly.

Can you say what the website is called or provide a link ?

EskbankHibby
26-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Can you say what the website is called or provide a link ?

http://www.hfpa.org.uk/

Should be ok i think, please delete if not.

sleeping giant
26-10-2009, 06:14 PM
http://www.hfpa.org.uk/

Should be ok i think, please delete if not.

Just to clarify.... is this set up by former players and do they receive all the dosh ?

EskbankHibby
26-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Just to clarify.... is this set up by former players and do they receive all the dosh ?

Yup, nothing to do with me SG i can assure you just thought it was relevant in the context of the thread!

Run by former players i believe it's to support the former players but also they support different community organisations/charities.

sleeping giant
26-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Yup, nothing to do with me SG i can assure you just thought it was relevant in the context of the thread!

Run by former players i believe it's to support the former players but also they support different community organisations/charities.

Superb stuff:thumbsup:

I wisny implying you were dodgy by the way :greengrin

Jack
26-10-2009, 08:18 PM
I got someone very special to autograph my season ticket book! See the picture at the side there? Can you tell who it is?

Rod Petrie also autographed it inside. :agree:

I think the pair of them thought I was taking the p. :rolleyes:

I wasn’t really I just thought why do all the kids get to speak to them :greengrin

Riordans Boots
26-10-2009, 08:36 PM
I got someone very special to autograph my season ticket book! See the picture at the side there? Can you tell who it is?

Rod Petrie also autographed it inside. :agree:

I think the pair of them thought I was taking the p. :rolleyes:

I wasn’t really I just thought why do all the kids get to speak to them :greengrin

Sir Tom - Well done Jack :thumbsup:and what a great idea to have your ST with autographs :agree:

Am going to try and get Yogi to sign mine on Saturday as I sit beside the home dugout :wink:

Hibs On Tour
27-10-2009, 01:04 AM
Deek strip and Fletch's boots in our works office ['cos we sponsored them!]. The legend that is Lawrie Reilly's signature on a match programme v Dundee Utd from last season! Colleague has Scott Brown's sig all over some strips when he opened our office [days after he signed for Smeltic :grr:]