PDA

View Full Version : Your view on John Fleck

blueisthecolour
25-10-2009, 10:22 AM
I know he was only on for half a game, in in that half how do you think he played?

Tompo
25-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Like a ginger

brythehibby
25-10-2009, 10:26 AM
I know he was only on for half a game, in in that half how do you think he played?

Over rated? I think so. Usual weegie hype went on him after 5 minutes it's no wonder he's no lived up to expectations. Played in the right position could be a good player.

Cabbage East
25-10-2009, 10:28 AM
once scored a pen against dundee united so is clearly the next messi.

he's also a rodent faced mutant like the rest of you huns. to put it another way, no one on here cares.

HibbyAndy
25-10-2009, 10:29 AM
once scored a pen against dundee united so is clearly the next messi.

he's also a rodent faced mutant like the rest of you huns. to put it another way, no one on here cares.

Perfectly summed up.

No one on here gives a toss.

Craig_in_Prague
25-10-2009, 10:29 AM
I was surprised he was playing out on the right side, but he added a bit more fluency to the team and he could certainly go on to be a good player.
He hasn't done particuarly a lot worth noting though so far, probably needs more game time and nurtured a long. It's great to see any scottish player though that plays attacking and with some flair.

rainman
25-10-2009, 10:31 AM

Who?

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Looks like a hun, plays like a hun, and smells like a hun. Another over rated hun, should get 50 scotland caps.

PISTOL1875
25-10-2009, 10:44 AM
The only reason he has ever played for Rangers is because Walter Smith was under pressure to bring some young players through ....

cleanyman
25-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Made a few good runs but should have played the ball a lot quicker than he did.
Seen it all before, nothing special im afraid.

Iain G
25-10-2009, 10:53 AM
If Yogi rates him we should be able to pick him up for buttons shortly, what with Rangers now being run by the bank manager :wink::greengrin

KerPlunk
25-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Last season he weighed 7 stone and struggled to stay upright in a mild breeze.

This season, the bovine steroids seem to be working though.

jdships
25-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Often think would this lad have had the media hype if he had been with say St Mirren or M'well ?
I think not.
May well turn out be a useful player but "the jury's still out " for me

:bitchy:

Toaods
25-10-2009, 11:00 AM

Not sure many on here give a monkeys about the development of John Fleck, however we may be more interested on your views on this...

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=164676

PISTOL1875
25-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Not sure many on here give a monkeys about the development of John Fleck, however we may be more interested on your views on this...

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=164676

Unbelievable.. Typical Hun.......

hibiedude
25-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Another dire Hun to be honest use have a few on your books at the moment :greengrin

Hibercelona
25-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Well going by the comments on the radio... he was outstanding, magnificent, unstoppable & unbeatable...

I'm sure the Hibs fans that went to the game will paint another picture... :rolleyes:

blueisthecolour
25-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Often think would this lad have had the media hype if he had been with say St Mirren or M'well ?
I think not.
May well turn out be a useful player but "the jury's still out " for me

:bitchy:

Thanks to the posters who gave their view, instead of he's a hun we don't care, im not askin you's to care, I just wanted your views on his display.

Yes I do think he would have got the hype if he was with these clubs, I have seen him many many times in the reserves and the boy has talent and lots of it, He's not been magic in the first team but a game here and there is no good he needs a run in the team.

Just look at mccarthy and macarthur at hamilton they got the hype although one has moved on and only played 30 mins for his new team, maybe he was just good in the spl and found his standard there.

ArabHibee
25-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Is he related to Robert?

blueisthecolour
25-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Is he related to Robert?

Yes mate, his nephew

givescotlandfreedom
25-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Just look at mccarthy and macarthur at hamilton they got the hype although one has moved on and only played 30 mins for his new team, maybe he was just good in the spl and found his standard there.

The difference being they were playing every week and consistently impressing as opposed to playing for one of the bigot brothers for 15 minutes so immediately becoming immense.

ArabHibee
25-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Yes mate, his nephew

Hun bassa then! :greengrin

blueisthecolour
25-10-2009, 01:02 PM
The difference being they were playing every week and consistently impressing as opposed to playing for one of the bigot brothers for 15 minutes so immediately becoming immense.

Thats was my point mate, I would like him to get a run in the team to see he really has, if you look at motherwell who have 17yr olds playing and aberdeen who has a boy just turned 16 im sure getting a game, boys who are 18, 19 or 20 need to realise they are not kids anymore, at that age they should be playing first team football and if they are not maybe they should think of there career and move to a club where they will get a game every week.

iwasthere1972
25-10-2009, 01:03 PM

Not Hibs class.

givescotlandfreedom
25-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Thats was my point mate, I would like him to get a run in the team to see he really has, if you look at motherwell who have 17yr olds playing and aberdeen who has a boy just turned 16 im sure getting a game, boys who are 18, 19 or 20 need to realise they are not kids anymore, at that age they should be playing first team football and if they are not maybe they should think of there career and move to a club where they will get a game every week.

:agree: Though if talent wasn't plundered by two teams regularly to rot on benches that might help :wink:

KerPlunk
25-10-2009, 01:06 PM

Many players are very happy to be picking up 5-6K a week for not a lot of effort.
There are also contractual duties to fulfil, players just can't walk out cos they're not getting 90 mins. every week.

Dunbar Hibee
25-10-2009, 01:17 PM
didny notice he was even on:greengrin

Luna_Asylum
25-10-2009, 01:24 PM

what is your view on the stokes booking incident?

oconnors_strip
25-10-2009, 02:03 PM

ive seen fleck play a few times at reserve and under 19 games and yes he stood out a bit more than others but most of the time it was for his cheating! diving and moaning to ref and getting free kicks that were not! he needs to work on his attitude problems and realise he isnt as good as he and majority of rangers fans think.

personally i think he should move on from ibrox as he would might get more of a regular start at another spl team.

bet he and the coaches at ranhers were gutted they didnt play him at the sfa youth cup final at hampden in april. but apparently he was to good for under 19 level:faf:

Jack
25-10-2009, 02:16 PM
While I can understand your enthusiasm for seeing a young player coming through the ranks, the huns ability to progress any talent they may have in the first team is negligible – like our boy Wotherspoon, wasting away at Celtc, your youngsters flourish away from that place you call home.

In fact I’d go as far as to say (without looking up the stats) players who came through Hibs U19 system have played more first team games at Rangers than players who have come through your own U19 system.

Fleck will be with a club like Dunfermline or Bradford within a few years.

jdships
25-10-2009, 02:18 PM

Think you make good points there !! :thumbsup:

Problem is with OF " died in the wool" supporters is they "demand" instant success - fair enough if that's there take but it does not allow for the bringing on of young talent in the way it is accepted by Hibs,Aberdeen et al.
Instant success calls for a "buying culture" as far as players are concerned and until the cash dries up or the thinking changes that is how things will remain with the OF

What happens at Ibrox if a buyer is not quickly found ?
It will then create a "sell before we buy" situation .
Also as we all know OF supporters can be fickle and a bad run of results could cause further problems with "cash flow"
That may change the thinking - interesting 12 months or so ahead methinks :greengrin

HibbyAndy
25-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Funny how Bluenosecolour has avoided the question been put to him R.E Mcgregors cheating?.

Nae one gives a toss about John Flem so answer the real question.

matty_f
25-10-2009, 06:25 PM

First saw Fleck at East Mains, playing against our Under 19s last season. He got sent off, as Rangers were pumped 2-1 (scoreline belies the one-sidedness of the game, trust me).

Fleck's red card came for his second disgraceful attack on a Hibs player of the afternoon (IIRC, it was on Scott Smith, who along with Ewan Moyes had Fleck in his back pocket all afternoon).

Woody1985
25-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Funny how Bluenosecolour has avoided the question been put to him R.E Mcgregors cheating?.

That made me :LOL:

The Scottish Rooney I think he was referred to as in the press. :faf: :faf: :faf: Whenever I've seen him I've thought he's *****.

JimBHibees
25-10-2009, 06:55 PM
If he screws the nut and keeps his head down he will be a player however a big 'if' IMO.

lapsedhibee
25-10-2009, 07:03 PM

Sure I read Bluenose acknowledging McGregor's bad habit of barging into people on another thread, and predicting he would eventually get in trouble for doing it.

Danderhall Hibs
25-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Sure I read Bluenose acknowledging McGregor's bad habit of barging into people on another thread, and predicting he would eventually get in trouble for doing it.

He did say that. :agree:

hibsbollah
25-10-2009, 07:50 PM
I think the hype has come from a goal he scored against celtic reserves where he ran through most of the celtc team to score (was on youtube a while back, dunno if it still is)...But the hype seems a bit over the top from what ive seen.

erskine-hibby
25-10-2009, 08:02 PM
On the few occasions i have seen him play, the only time i thought he looked good was in that game against celic, some youth final i think, when he scored a cracking goal. That, however, is at a youth level and he has failed to produce anything like that at senior level (as far as i have seen). I too believe that if he has any kind of talent it would be better for him to move to another club as it will be stifled, if not killed off, at rankgers.

pedroorange1875
25-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I think he is the new Wayne Rooney and will be the saviour of the Scottish game, lets get him in the next Scotland squad, or maybe he is Brazilian by birth.....oh wait a minute ...................:yawn:

steviehfc
25-10-2009, 08:18 PM
I know he was only on for half a game, in in that half how do you think he played?Yet another over-rated, very average old firm player who the Scottish press will bum up at every opportunity. How many good games has he actually had???

blueisthecolour
26-10-2009, 05:41 PM
what is your view on the stokes booking incident?

At the time of the incident I thought wtf are you doing Mcgregor, it was a nothing incident the ref should have had a word with both players and that be the end of it.

blueisthecolour
26-10-2009, 05:46 PM
While I can understand your enthusiasm for seeing a young player coming through the ranks, the huns ability to progress any talent they may have in the first team is negligible – like our boy Wotherspoon, wasting away at Celtc, your youngsters flourish away from that place you call home.

In fact I’d go as far as to say (without looking up the stats) players who came through Hibs U19 system have played more first team games at Rangers than players who have come through your own U19 system.

Fleck will be with a club like Dunfermline or Bradford within a few years.

Not a 100% sure but as we got use out of Hutton, Burke, smith before injury, but Hibs seem to be leading the way with bringing through youngster getting a few years from them and then cashing in.

blueisthecolour
26-10-2009, 05:52 PM

I think most poster will know if im asked a question I will give an anwser, I wasn't avoiding giving an anwser I was off line and this is the first ive seen the question so now responded to it, although there was another thread on the subject in which I gave my view.:wink:

HIBERNIAN 1875
26-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Reminds me of Chris Burke, and look where he's ended up...second tier of English football. Far from a superstar IMO. :agree:

Onceinawhile
26-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Ball greedy wee bassa :agree:

Mince at shooting, can't/wont pass and next to no redeeming skills/features.

Hibs90
26-10-2009, 06:34 PM

Fleck's pish and over-rated, just like the rest of your team.

lyonhibs
26-10-2009, 06:40 PM
He's a wee fat troll, that may or may not be a semi-decent player, but doesn't really stand a chance because some Hun hack (is there any other type...........) christened him the Scottish Wayne Rooney and there was that cringeowrthy media campaign to get him considered for the Holland vs Scotland game a while back.

Another one rolls off the impressively slow and *****e "conveyor belt" at £14 million pound Murray Park (the irony in that name, given the recent revelation of the true extent of the Huns financial woes and who caused it, should be self-evident :tee hee:)

blueisthecolour
26-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Fleck's pish and over-rated, just like the rest of your team.

We are the worst we have been in a long time, we had a few first team players missing and you team still couldn't beat us, pish but not pish enough it would seem:wink:

blueisthecolour
26-10-2009, 06:47 PM
He's a wee fat troll, that may or may not be a semi-decent player, but doesn't really stand a chance because some Hun hack (is there any other type...........) christened him the Scottish Wayne Rooney and there was that cringeowrthy media campaign to get him considered for the Holland vs Scotland game a while back.

Another one rolls off the impressively slow and *****e "conveyor belt" at £14 million pound Murray Park (the irony in that name, given the recent revelation of the true extent of the Huns financial woes and who caused it, should be self-evident :tee hee:)

With the players who have been sold, the money brought in has paid for murray park, so anything from now on is a bonus.

Hibs90
26-10-2009, 06:50 PM
We are the worst we have been in a long time, we had a few first team players missing and you team still couldn't beat us, pish but not pish enough it would seem:wink:

:rolleyes::jamboak:

God Petrie
26-10-2009, 06:55 PM

Your best performance of the season apparantly and you were lucky to get a point. Congratulations.

HibbyAndy
26-10-2009, 07:00 PM

Your best performance of the season and STILL couldnt beat Hibernian? what does that say.

matty_f
26-10-2009, 07:01 PM

We've assembled our squad on a fraction of your budget, pay our players a fraction of what your top-to-middle earners are getting and you still couldn't beat us.

blueisthecolour
26-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Your best performance of the season and STILL couldnt beat Hibernian? what does that say.

It says we need to get worse before anyone thinks of spliting rangers and celtic.

matty_f
26-10-2009, 07:09 PM
It says we need to get worse before anyone thinks of spliting rangers and celtic.

Firesale in January...:wink:

'Worse' is on the horizon.

HibbyAndy
26-10-2009, 07:10 PM

Can Rangers get any worse? 4 draws in 6 SPL games, nae sighning in the near future coming in, nae prospects, £££££ in debt, goalkeeper who really needs a week in the nuthoose and david weir at 39 your best player.

blueisthecolour
26-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Can Rangers get any worse? 4 draws in 6 SPL games, nae sighning in the near future coming in, nae prospects, £££££ in debt, goalkeeper who really needs a week in the nuthoose and david weir at 39 your best player.

You better hope so, if you want your team to finish above us.

matty_f
26-10-2009, 07:35 PM

No, we can hope our own team continue to improve.:agree:

blueisthecolour
26-10-2009, 07:41 PM
No, we can hope our own team continue to improve.:agree:

time will tell

heretoday
26-10-2009, 07:41 PM
We'll take him but only if he cleans up his act.

lyonhibs
26-10-2009, 07:43 PM

Oh ho ho ho. Please let this arrogance-ridden statement come back to bite you on your - invariably - fat Hun arse come the end of the season.

Not that long ago, leaving Glasgow, Ibrox especially, with anything better than a 3-0 defeat was a relief, anything more very much the exception to the norm. This week we are justifiably a wee bit dissappointed with a draw.

Motherwell ripped you for arse paper and you were exceptionally lucky to escape with a draw.

Christ, even the Milky Bar Kid at Hearts managed to score against you, and it took an out-of-the box last minute "penalty" to get all 3 points at Crimecastle (not that, on that occasion, I'm complaining particularly :greengrin)

hibs0666
26-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Fleck is ok and could raise maybe 200k in the ibrox xmas sale.

Gregor
26-10-2009, 08:00 PM
With the players who have been sold, the money brought in has paid for murray park, so anything from now on is a bonus.

Not really.

The football club neither owns Murray Park, nor the players who are spat from the fictional conveyor belt. Rangers FC consists of a football stadium in Ibrox, valued at a hilarious 120M - assuming you want a football ground in Ibrox, otherwise it's a patch of ground in Glasgow that will need demolition and in no way warrants the price tag of 120M), and some aging players most of whom have still to be paid for. They even sold the golden goose in the form of their merchandise franchise.

The football club is hemorrhaging cash, it's probably trying to persuade existing squad members to take enormous paycuts and has no means to resolve the issue other than pay off the debt by trying (in vain it appears - McGregor won't budge and neither will Boyd) to sell what they have in the form of mediocre players.

Fleck was nothing other than a feeble attempt to cash in on the upturn of Scottish youth off the back of some hysterical media hype courtesy of Murray hack chums, all of whom are now starting to air their laundry because their main source of a story is now drowning in debt. The attempted upheaval of Boyd was nothing more than a repeat of what they did to Hutton having failed to cash in on "The Scottish Wayne Rooney".

And I don't take any delight in stating the above because when it comes to the crunch, football is about The Honest Supporter who follows their club through thick and thin. Regardless of one's views of Rangers, there are good people who love the club and they are the ones we should be thinking of at this time, especially when our own club nearly went under not so long ago.

blueisthecolour
26-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Not really.

The football club neither owns Murray Park, nor the players who are spat from the fictional conveyor belt. Rangers FC consists of a football stadium in Ibrox, valued at a hilarious 120M - assuming you want a football ground in Ibrox, otherwise it's a patch of ground in Glasgow that will need demolition and in no way warrants the price tag of 120M), and some aging players most of whom have still to be paid for. They even sold the golden goose in the form of their merchandise franchise.

The football club is hemorrhaging cash, it's probably trying to persuade existing squad members to take enormous paycuts and has no means to resolve the issue other than pay off the debt by trying (in vain it appears - McGregor won't budge and neither will Boyd) to sell what they have in the form of mediocre players.

Fleck was nothing other than a feeble attempt to cash in on the upturn of Scottish youth off the back of some hysterical media hype courtesy of Murray hack chums, all of whom are now starting to air their laundry because their main source of a story is now drowning in debt. The attempted upheaval of Boyd was nothing more than a repeat of what they did to Hutton having failed to cash in on "The Scottish Wayne Rooney".

And I don't take any delight in stating the above because when it comes to the crunch, football is about The Honest Supporter who follows their club through thick and thin. Regardless of one's views of Rangers, there are good people who love the club and they are the ones we should be thinking of at this time, especially when our own club nearly went under not so long ago.

That's a great point mate, although I don't think many of your fellow supporters will agree with your sentiments.

matty_f
26-10-2009, 08:09 PM
[/B]

That's a great point mate, although I don't think many of your fellow supporters will agree with your sentiments.

Why not? Are you suggesting that many supporters wouldn't care to much for Rangers fans? Why on Earth would we not like such a charming bunch?:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
26-10-2009, 08:10 PM
[/B]

I for one despise Rangers and everything it stands for. The institution is so backward in it's glorification on 1690 that is is untrue.

Hope they go tits up. Horrible team, horrible supporter's, horrible beliefs.......

HibbyAndy
26-10-2009, 08:11 PM
[/B]

Correct.

I want the Huns finito! and the sooner the better.

Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of bigoted supporters.

The Huns are in freefall - happy days.

hibsbollah
26-10-2009, 08:15 PM
My barber is a rangers fan, he cut my hair today and we were getting on fine until he started talking football:grr:

I left with a decent haircut but have decided I just can't bear to give my hard earned cash to a hun any longer. I am prejudiced and proud:greengrin

Tomsk
26-10-2009, 08:30 PM

In which case they could always return the money they conned out of the Lottery Fund to finance its build.

James Connolly
26-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Personally couldn't give two ******s about Fleck or anything to do with Rangers; also I'm stuggling to understand why a Rangers fan is in the least bit intersested in how Hibs fans rate some over-rated no-mark!

blueisthecolour
26-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Personally couldn't give two ******s about Fleck or anything to do with Rangers; also I'm stuggling to understand why a Rangers fan is in the least bit intersested in how Hibs fans rate some over-rated no-mark!
At least I got you view on him.

Ta

James Connolly
26-10-2009, 08:55 PM
At least I got you view on him.

Ta

Always happy to oblige.:bye:

basehibby
26-10-2009, 09:27 PM

And that may well happen in January when your star players are flogged off to anyone who will take them - to be replaced by youngsters such as Fleck :agree:

Incidentally - in answer to your OP I watched the extended highlights on Hibs TV and I can't really say I noticed Fleck - which is not to say he's a bad player as he didn't make any high profile errors - but he didn't set the heather on fire either - but as usual the Scottish press have fallen over themselves to say the sun shines out the erse of any OF homegrown talent.
From what I've seen Wotherspoon is a far more exciting prospect.

Luna_Asylum
26-10-2009, 09:32 PM
At the time of the incident I thought wtf are you doing Mcgregor, it was a nothing incident the ref should have had a word with both players and that be the end of it.

whats your view having seen it properly?

blueisthecolour
26-10-2009, 09:43 PM
whats your view having seen it properly?

Still not see it on tv mate.

blueisthecolour
26-10-2009, 09:46 PM
And that may well happen in January when your star players are flogged off to anyone who will take them - to be replaced by youngsters such as Fleck :agree:

Incidentally - in answer to your OP I watched the extended highlights on Hibs TV and I can't really say I noticed Fleck - which is not to say he's a bad player as he didn't make any high profile errors - but he didn't set the heather on fire either - but as usual the Scottish press have fallen over themselves to say the sun shines out the erse of any OF homegrown talent.
From what I've seen Wotherspoon is a far more exciting prospect.

It looks like there is someone in talks to take over, things might be looking up
http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Headlines/0,,5~1838236,00.html

joe breezy
26-10-2009, 09:54 PM
I think Chris Burke is alright. He plays for Cardiff who I hope will be in the EPL next season.

Luna_Asylum
26-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Still not see it on tv mate.

its easy to find a youtube link so make the effort if you got the time. i'm interested to know what you think

sleeping giant
26-10-2009, 10:29 PM
We'll take him when his contact is up:agree:

blueisthecolour
27-10-2009, 02:24 PM
its easy to find a youtube link so make the effort if you got the time. i'm interested to know what you think

I just looked mate, got the goals but nothing else, post the link you found.

lapsedhibee
27-10-2009, 02:27 PM
I just looked mate, got the goals but nothing else, post the link you found.

Think mibbe this is the one he means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvSk913us3A

NOLA
27-10-2009, 02:32 PM
not Hibs Class:agree:

blueisthecolour
27-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Think mibbe this is the one he means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvSk913us3A

Cheers.

Imo and I have said this before Mcgregor was at fault for the barge,stokes reacted thats why he got booked, the ref followed the rules of the game, I don't think he should have got booked a bit of common sense by the ref would have been better, As he booked stokes he should have booked Mcgregor also for starting it.

If I was ref I think I would have just had a word with both players and told them to calm down and get on with the game.

McSwanky
27-10-2009, 02:49 PM
i know he was only on for half a game, in in that half how do you think he played?

spam

Hibercelona
27-10-2009, 02:51 PM
If I was ref I think I would have just had a word with both players and told them to calm down and get on with the game.

Naw...

If you were ref... Our whole squad would have been off with that little incident. :wink:

Luna_Asylum
27-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Cheers.

Imo and I have said this before Mcgregor was at fault for the barge,stokes reacted thats why he got booked, the ref followed the rules of the game, I don't think he should have got booked a bit of common sense by the ref would have been better, As he booked stokes he should have booked Mcgregor also for starting it.

what about mcgregor holding his face simulating that stokes had hit him(thus tring to get him sent off)
how can your reply ignore that!
did you thank that was as bad as lafferty v sheep?

blueisthecolour
27-10-2009, 03:03 PM
what about mcgregor holding his face simulating that stokes had hit him(thus tring to get him sent off)

He shouldn't have done it, but it happen most weeks,at least there was contact with the two players albeit not on the face, I don't think its the same as Lafferty, Lafferty went down without been touched and did everything he could to get Mulgrew sent off.

hibsbollah
27-10-2009, 03:15 PM

McGregor banged his face on Papacs knee. Looked v sore I thought.

matty_f
27-10-2009, 03:20 PM
He shouldn't have done it, but it happen most weeks,at least there was contact with the two players albeit not on the face, I don't think its the same as Lafferty, Lafferty went down without been touched and did everything he could to get Mulgrew sent off.

Can we add McGregor to the Ibrox cheat list now, along with Lafferty and Boyd?

Luna_Asylum
27-10-2009, 03:25 PM

it may well happen most weeks at ibrox but players going down holding their faces is low life behavior at any standard of football

speaks volumes that you dont think its a big deal

lyonhibs
27-10-2009, 06:56 PM
He shouldn't have done it, but it happen most weeks,at least there was contact with the two players albeit not on the face - :rolleyes: ach well, that's alright then, I don't think its the same as Lafferty, Lafferty went down without been touched and did everything he could to get Mulgrew sent off - this quote is THE very definition of splitting hairs. Stokes VISIBLY hands the ball back to McGregor, doesn't throw it away, or kick it away in any way at all

One assumes the below link is ok then, following the impeccable logic of the first quote I've put in itallics.

After all, there was contact, albeit not on the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgfRCa71Kmw

lapsedhibee
27-10-2009, 07:40 PM

Figo tribute to McGregor here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmy7fcv9U8&NR=1

Woody1985
27-10-2009, 09:46 PM
McGregor banged his face on Papacs knee. Looked v sore I thought.

You know that was my first reaction, I watched it a few times and I couldn't decide either way cos I think he's hidden behind Stokes when he goes down.

The more I watched it the more I convinced myself he was a cheating *******. :greengrin

matty_f
27-10-2009, 11:16 PM
You know that was my first reaction, I watched it a few times and I couldn't decide either way cos I think he's hidden behind Stokes when he goes down.

The more I watched it the more I convinced myself he was a cheating *******. :greengrin

:agree: Just watched it again there too. Cheating is the only word that adequately describes it.

McGregor is doing nothing other than trying to get Stokes sent off there.

blueisthecolour
28-10-2009, 12:36 AM
One assumes the below link is ok then, following the impeccable logic of the first quote I've put in itallics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgfRCa71Kmw

I would book the player who kicked the ball:wink: