PDA

View Full Version : radio commentary

Ferryhibby
24-10-2009, 11:56 PM
I was listening to the game on sportsound today pretty bad as usual weedgie bias despicable as usual coverage when we wre on attack it was talking about walter or Craig Patterson summarising when they were attacking it was edge of their seat stuff and nearly fell off the commentary position when boyd scored when it came to the commentary of Stokes' goal id didnt even know he'd scored by the commentators reaction let alone how wonderful a goal it was sounded totally depressed that we had the audacity to score against their beloved huns

Kevvy1875
25-10-2009, 12:02 AM
I listened to the game on the radio after the links for tv kept breaking down and when Hibs scored is was as if..."oh...Hibs have scored!". And sounded like they were wetting themselves every time the Huns came near our Goal. Just the usual then....

NOLA
25-10-2009, 12:04 AM
nothing new there TBH, the infirm have millions of supporters in scotland didn't you know:wink: and if it wasn't for them then where does the sponsorship come in? if its allowed at a bbc company that is:confused:

poolman
25-10-2009, 01:06 AM
I was listening to the game on sportsound today pretty bad as usual weedgie bias despicable as usual coverage when we wre on attack it was talking about walter or Craig Patterson summarising when they were attacking it was edge of their seat stuff and nearly fell off the commentary position when boyd scored when it came to the commentary of Stokes' goal id didnt even know he'd scored by the commentators reaction let alone how wonderful a goal it was sounded totally depressed that we had the audacity to score against their beloved huns

Same old, same old

As Corporal Jones says THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM

Littlest Hobo
25-10-2009, 02:23 AM
Have to agree with the OP. Shocking stuff from the beeb!:grr:

hibsboy90
25-10-2009, 03:07 AM
I also heard on BBC radio coverage that we have Danny Galbraith 'on loan' from man utd.

News to me!!! :bitchy:

Hibercelona
25-10-2009, 03:14 AM
Was thinking that myself...

When Boyd scored.... the noise coming through my headphones was major-lay distorted...

But when Stokes scored.... it took me about 5 seconds to realize that we scored! :bitchy:

strummbo
25-10-2009, 05:28 AM
i counted 2 times the commentator blurted out "terrific atmosphere here at ibrox" just as the massed hordes of huns were belting out "no surrender"...

someone should be pulling them up for that... inherent sectarianism if you ask me...

Alfred E Newman
25-10-2009, 07:51 AM
The hour of waffle prior to the game about how Rangers and uncle Walt were in melt down with little or no mention of Hibs was predictable. The outbust between Robbo ( I think it was him)and Traynor was embarassing. As far as the BBC Scotland squad go , they bleat about the lack of competition in our game but in reallity the ideal senario for them would be the Old Firm steamrolling everything before them , culminating in a pants wetting showdown between the "Glasgow Giants" every couple of months.

xyz23jc
25-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Could have been a whole lot worse! Imagine listening to that twat Mitchell's monotone jambo pish and Preston!!!!!:grr::grr:

JDanielR1875
25-10-2009, 09:26 AM
I got the impression that thew commentator ws gutted when Hibernian scored. He didnt go wild when Stokes hit the back of the net but he went wild when Boyd scored.

euro Hibby
25-10-2009, 10:08 AM
its these huddies who are responsible in a way for the state of Scottish football. If you are a commentator you need to be impartial and they are not.
I am a Hibs supporter but i can recognise and appreciate good football even if its not from my team. These guys now come out with all the **** about the game being in a bad state but tBH its been like that for a few years. Celtic in Europe getting to the last 16 and a wee Scotland team run of results just painted over the cracks. No game can survive if there are two winners and the others also rans.

hibbytam
25-10-2009, 10:21 AM

Agree completely.

Also they said how it was merely bad defending by Rangers, and barely mentioned that it was a fantastic goal.

basehibby
25-10-2009, 10:37 AM
I also heard on BBC radio coverage that we have Danny Galbraith 'on loan' from man utd.

I also picked up on this little gem of ignorance from the BBC commentator (disappointed that Patterson didn't correct the chube :grr:) and somehow don't think the same mistake would have been made if Galbraith had been signed by the Huns (not that they could afford him these days :greengrin).
It's a small thing but is symptomatic of the p!ss poor attitude of the BBC towards (Non-OF) Scottish Football. Every week they make glaring errors on their website and elsewhere about various (non-OF) Scottish games which are obviously down to the fact that they simply don't care enough to know about or check their facts.
It's the same even when you get highlights on Reporting Scotland - ill-thought out and often badly edited snippets with often ill-advised comments delivered in a condescending manner - BBC Scotland = waste of space :bye:

NAE NOOKIE
25-10-2009, 10:39 AM

Aye thats right, he's here for a year apparently to get some first team experience before going back to Man Utd.

Rank bad journalism from the same lot who were showing Hibs under the old badge on Reporting Scotland a year after it had been changed.

:bitchy:

jdships
25-10-2009, 10:49 AM

Sums up what I heard perfectly.
But we all should remember that we are dealing here with the "Bearsden Broadcasting Co" also known as BBC along with "Strathclydw TV " also known as STV !!

:thumbsup:

southfieldshibby
25-10-2009, 10:53 AM
i counted 2 times the commentator blurted out "terrific atmosphere here at ibrox" just as the massed hordes of huns were belting out "no surrender"...

someone should be pulling them up for that... inherent sectarianism if you ask me...

I was watching the game on Setanta Australia and Jock Brown was commentating. He said a number of times how quite Ibrox was and that the only noise was from the Hibs fans:agree:

I was watching and he couldn't have been more spot on if he was a dalmation.

brog
25-10-2009, 12:00 PM
I just about had kittens with the TV. I switched over from Jeff Stelling at 4.50 to BBC Scotland as they're usually watching live & you find out full time score a tad quicker. At 16.54, Murdo MacLeod said, " Rangers have just scored " & the fellow studio guest, can't remember who, said " yes, Nacho Novo ", my foot was on its way to screen when MM said, " oh, it's been disallowed " , just as they cut away from the studio. Luckily, within a minute full time score came up. Why do we in Scotland have to put up with these pathetic pundits who's only qualification is they once played for one of the Ugly sisters!

Hibercelona
25-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Another thing that done my t!ts in...

When we were at 1-1...

Every time Rangers launched an attack against us... all I heard them saying was.... "Theres still another goal in this!" :grr:

Spike Mandela
25-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Who was the commentator? David Begg usually makes a bye kick sound exciting:dunno:

seanshow
25-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Here you go, the Commentator in Question is David Begg, its no secret that he is a lifelong Rangers supporter.......but if he cannot provide a balanced Commentary of games, he shouldn't be doing it simple as that. :bitchy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/6358777.stm#contact

His lack of enthusiasm over a Dundee Utd goal against Rangers last season was a disgrace. :grr:

Hibercelona
25-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Heres the difference. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsgxPhncI-0

BEEJ
25-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Here you go, the Commentator in Question is David Begg, its no secret that he is a lifelong Rangers supporter.......but if he cannot provide a balanced Commentary of games, he shouldn't be doing it simple as that. :bitchy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/6358777.stm#contact

His lack of enthusiasm over a Dundee Utd goal against Rangers last season was a disgrace. :grr:
To balance up the argument a little, it was David Begg commentating last week at the St Johnstone vs Rangers match. He did not sound at all excited when Papac scored the late winner for Rangers; rather it was as if he felt that St Johnstone ought to have got something from the match for their efforts.

Not always biased therefore.

Sprouleflyer
25-10-2009, 01:42 PM

Funny how it's shocking defending for the Hibs goal!!!!

Always seems to be Rangers fault when a team scores against them and great attcking play when they score?

Thecat23
25-10-2009, 01:50 PM
I said yesterday to my mate i didn't think Hibs had scored the way he said it at first. It sounded like he'd won the lotto when Boyd scored then lost the ticket when Stoke's scores.

No idea if he is a Rangers fan but he didn't help himself yesterday if he is trying to hide the fact he's a current bun. But at the end of the day nothing will change and we have to put up with this s*** most weeks. :grr:

Spike Mandela
25-10-2009, 03:18 PM
In defence of David Begg there are two great pices of commentary of his that stick in my mind.

He was raving about Hibs in the game we beat Dundee 5-1 where Agate scored a double and of course the legendary Sproule Hat Trick commentary.

Much ado about nothing if you ask me. He sounds like he was caught out a bit at the Stokes goal and was a bit breathless. It was that sort of game.

NOLA
25-10-2009, 03:41 PM

had to laugh:wink: but i was thinking maybe the noise generated by 45'000 screaming huns would make you raise your voice so as not to be drowned out:dunno:

Hibercelona
25-10-2009, 06:38 PM
had to laugh:wink: but i was thinking maybe the noise generated by 45'000 screaming huns would make you raise your voice so as not to be drowned out:dunno:

Aye.

"Gooooooooooooooal.... Raaaaangers!!!"

Must have had something to do with the crowd right enough. :wink: