PDA

View Full Version : Pubs that showed the game?

Frazerbob
24-10-2009, 09:29 PM
OK, we all know it's not permited to post links to foriegn streams or name pubs showing the match before the game. However, surely it cant be a problem to let everyone know where you watched the game today, after the event.

So anyone able to tell us which pubs showed today's game? Might be worth remembering for next time we play in the Weedge.

I'll start......The Cameo down the Shore had it on.

Admins - please delete this if it's not allowed.

PISTOL1875
24-10-2009, 09:30 PM
I watched it in The Vittoria restaurant in Leith Walk showed it.. I think The 4 in Hand had it on as well..

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2009, 09:38 PM
In the castle, central drive Blackpool.

woody47
24-10-2009, 09:40 PM
I watched it on the net :thumbsup:

TrinityHibs
24-10-2009, 09:41 PM
I was at home in Iraq today:thumbsup:

orourke
24-10-2009, 09:43 PM
i have reason to belive the TOR had it today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woody1985
24-10-2009, 09:45 PM
You're potentially going to **** these places up for the next time if you post them on here....

jodjam
24-10-2009, 09:47 PM
its now not illegal to show games. was in footlights. about 100 hibs fans in there. good atmosphetre.

CapitalHibs
24-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Yep, went to Iraq wi ma backup girlfriend Nkora and ma mate Justin and ended up at the live-footy doctor:greengrin

brydekirk
24-10-2009, 09:48 PM
i have reason to belive the TOR had it today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

be quiet :grr:

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2009, 09:48 PM
You're potentially going to **** these places up for the next time if you post them on here....

I dont think so, down here all the pubs have it. Some have even taken full page adverts advertising the live saturday games in the local papers. I think sky have a problem.

MSK
24-10-2009, 09:51 PM
You're potentially going to **** these places up for the next time if you post them on here....Aye..its a bit like the "Wheres the early Sunday openings" threads ..then the Police raid them ..we dont know who is watching this site..

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2009, 09:51 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/pubs-win-the-right-to-show-football-on-saturday-afternoons-473815.html

jodjam
24-10-2009, 09:52 PM
I dont think so, down here all the pubs have it. Some have even taken full page adverts advertising the live saturday games in the local papers. I think sky have a problem.

i don't think sky have the problem. the main financial downside will be felt in the lower leagues where fans can now watch their beloved glesga sides at home as well as the espn away games. this will take some fans away from the lower leagues at 3pm on a sat

MSK
24-10-2009, 09:54 PM
I dont think so, down here all the pubs have it. Some have even taken full page adverts advertising the live saturday games in the local papers. I think sky have a problem.Is it really worth the risk though ..?..i bet a few of the Publicans/Licencee's wont be too happy with their pub names being plastered over a website ..

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Is it really worth the risk though ..?..i bet a few of the Publicans/Licencee's wont be too happy with their pub names being plastered over a website ..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/pubs-win-the-right-to-show-football-on-saturday-afternoons-473815.html

:thumbsup:

MSK
24-10-2009, 10:02 PM

:thumbsup:Aye..he paid for the service ..there are many pubs who dont & wont pay therefore still show illegal links ..

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Is it really worth the risk though ..?..i bet a few of the Publicans/Licencee's wont be too happy with their pub names being plastered over a website ..

These pubs that have this (dodgy) system in, obviously want people to come in and watch what they are showing. Word of mouth, internet sites like this, whatever it is, the police will find out, these pubs are hardly keeping it a secret.:confused: I have no idea if this court case http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/pubs-win-the-right-to-show-football-on-saturday-afternoons-473815.html will allow this to become legal, but if the pubs are willing to show it, then they must be willing to take the chance of the authorities finding out about it, and someone talking about it on here, will make no difference imho at all.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Aye..he paid for the service ..there are many pubs who dont & wont pay therefore still show illegal links ..

Well thats different, and if they get caught its just hard luck, but as i have since said, they are hardly keeping it a secret, and again imho word of mouth or internet, the authorities will find out.

James70
24-10-2009, 10:20 PM
I tried to watch it on the net but found it very frustrating as the streaming was diabolical. The picture kept freezing every 10 seconds, the action at times was about 10 minutes delayed from real time and I totally missed large chunks of the game. Still it was being beamed from Iraq so I shouldn't complain! :wink:

Makaveli
24-10-2009, 10:23 PM
The first half of the Iraqi game was pretty choppy. Did we not have a war over there to sort things like this out? :confused:

Petrie! :grr:

Fantic
24-10-2009, 10:24 PM
I tried to watch it on the net but found it very frustrating as the streaming was diabolical. The picture kept freezing every 10 seconds, the action at times was about 10 minutes delayed from real time and I totally missed large chunks of the game. Still it was being beamed from Iraq so I shouldn't complain! :wink:

:agree: The radio turned out to be the better option.

Woody1985
24-10-2009, 10:57 PM
The first half of the Iraqi game was pretty choppy. Did we not have a war over there to sort things like this out? :confused:

Petrie! :grr:

First half was shi'ite. Was introducing my grandad to webgames, he wasn't impressed that the BBC radio was 10-15 seconds before the picture. :faf:

Still, second half was good.

How do the pubs get consistent feeds without it ****ing up?

Woody1985
24-10-2009, 10:58 PM

You were watching the wrong one. I noticed the one you were on about and managed to get one with a 10 second delay.

lEXO
24-10-2009, 11:54 PM

be quiet :grr:

Aye..its a bit like the "Wheres the early Sunday openings" threads ..then the Police raid them ..we dont know who is watching this site..
Good that these places had them on.If they are gonny keep them on SHUT UP about it.Careless talk costs Licences. :blah:

1875godsgift
25-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Just a thought, but maybe english law n Scottish law are different?

Frazerbob
25-10-2009, 01:41 AM
Good that these places had them on.If they are gonny keep them on SHUT UP about it.Careless talk costs Licences. :blah:

Nobody is going to lose their licence. Yes, there is the possibility of a fine but that is the risk individuals and companies take to increase their turnover.

I recently ran a pub for Belhaven that had several foriegn systems (as many of their pubs do). We showed SPL and Premiership games every Saturday and we advertised the fact both internally and externally. We still paid Sky thousands of pounds for the full pub package which seemed to keep them at bay. They will only come after pubs that use Polsat, Diema, Al Jazeera etc INSTEAD OF Sky.

bathhibby
25-10-2009, 07:23 AM
watched it at my Sons and although not a great feed compared to telly it was totally watchable.
All we need to do is figure out how to stream it from his Lap Top to the Telly.

Part/Time Supporter
25-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Surely the real point is why the **** that game wasn't on SKY or ESPN in the first place, when the alternative chosen was the glamour game of Hamilton Accies v Celtic?

The SPL and the broadcasters really need to look at their selection policies.

edit: obviously the same sort of thing applies to Celtic v Hearts, Rangers v Aberdeen, etc. They could show Hamilton Accies later in the season if/when they are involved in a relegation battle, or against Motherwell I suppose.

James70
25-10-2009, 07:42 AM
Surely the real point is why the **** that game wasn't on SKY or ESPN in the first place, when the alternative chosen was the glamour game of Hamilton Accies v Celtic?

The SPL and the broadcasters really need to look at their selection policies.

Because SKY, sorry, ESPN pander to the whims of the OF. They are not going to show a game from Ibrox or Parkhead unless they are playing each other. The whole package is just set up to cater for OF fans who don't travel to away matches. If they were to show OF home games that would hit their attendances and that just would not do at all!

greenlad
25-10-2009, 07:44 AM
watched it at my Sons and although not a great feed compared to telly it was totally watchable.

PS3:agree::wink:

PeeJay
25-10-2009, 07:48 AM
I hate to admit this, but I watched it "legally" through the Rangers TV online setup - picture was excellent, one or two seconds of buffering only, the commentator (whoever he was) was very good and fully impartial, so maybe he was an ESPN or SKY guy? - Anyway, cost me $10, but it was worth it to watch such an oustanding performance from Hibs. :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Just a thought, but maybe english law n Scottish law are different?

Good point, i dont know if the law on this is any different in scotland.:confused:

Allant1981
25-10-2009, 08:55 AM

Buy a cable from tesco/asda or somewhere like that and it will go straight to your telly

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Nobody is going to lose their licence. Yes, there is the possibility of a fine but that is the risk individuals and companies take to increase their turnover.

I recently ran a pub for Belhaven that had several foriegn systems (as many of their pubs do). We showed SPL and Premiership games every Saturday and we advertised the fact both internally and externally. We still paid Sky thousands of pounds for the full pub package which seemed to keep them at bay. They will only come after pubs that use Polsat, Diema, Al Jazeera etc INSTEAD OF Sky.

Hallo frazer, i hear what you are saying, but down here lots and lots are ditching their sky subscriptions, and swapping them for the foreign ones. I have not heard of anyone being raided YET, but that case i highlited on the other posts, seems to have kicked that in the bollox anyway.:confused:

marti1875
25-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Our so called "masterplan" was tae have a few pints in Melbourne then head tae The Charles Dickens bar for it at 3am. It shows all the games whether it's live from the UK or recorded and shown later. The plan failed miserably as after god knows how many pints we only made it tae 2am before having to head hame absolutely blootered....maybe best to start drinking later next time as we did go out at 2pm so.....:greengrin
Still, good result and what a goal fae Stokesy!!:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Our so called "masterplan" was tae have a few pints in Melbourne then head tae The Charles Dickens bar for it at 3am. It shows all the games whether it's live from the UK or recorded and shown later. The plan failed miserably as after god knows how many pints we only made it tae 2am before having to head hame absolutely blootered....maybe best to start drinking later next time as we did go out at 2pm so.....:greengrin
Still, good result and what a goal fae Stokesy!!:thumbsup:

Lightweight.:wink:

marti1875
25-10-2009, 09:29 AM
I ken...i really do need tae harden the **** up, imagine only having a 12 hour session then having to go home at that time.....:greengrin:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2009, 09:34 AM
I ken...i really do need tae harden the **** up, imagine only having a 12 hour session then having to go home at that time.....:greengrin:greengrin

:faf::thumbsup:

Ritchie
25-10-2009, 10:06 AM
i watched it in the royal in penicuik.:greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
25-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Buy a cable from tesco/asda or somewhere like that and it will go straight to your telly

I have a HDMI cable (before my new TV I had S-video lead) and stream all the live home games through the TV. It's very watchable indeed.
'free streaming' is a hit or a miss though really.

As for yesterday, game was live on Czech sport channel, so watched it in my local - Thouroughly enjoyed it, oh how it's great to have a team to be very proud of. :agree:

oconnors_strip
25-10-2009, 02:20 PM
i think hibs missed out big time on making a few quid by getting a beam back to behind the goals. they did this a few season ago when we were at tynecastle and i believe it was a success (as i was at the match.:greengrin)

they could have sold tickets at a fiver a head, people would be buying drinks and food could have been on sale. would have been very popluar with fans! maybe they should do this for the game at parkhead?

Baldy Foghorn
25-10-2009, 04:01 PM
i think hibs missed out big time on making a few quid by getting a beam back to behind the goals. they did this a few season ago when we were at tynecastle and i believe it was a success (as i was at the match.:greengrin)

they could have sold tickets at a fiver a head, people would be buying drinks and food could have been on sale. would have been very popluar with fans! maybe they should do this for the game at parkhead?

Or "fans" could actually trying to go to the game???? Novel concept I know, nut it might just work???

PaulSmith
25-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Or "fans" could actually trying to go to the game???? Novel concept I know, nut it might just work???

Normally I back you on the 'fans' stuff mate but gie it a rest, fact is that there can only be a beamback if the Hibs sell all their tickets which they did yesterday. And they will do the same for Parkhead so it's a decent idea which I know that Hibs are aware of but cost might be prohibitive.

Baldy Foghorn
25-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Normally I back you on the 'fans' stuff mate but gie it a rest, fact is that there can only be a beamback if the Hibs sell all their tickets which they did yesterday. And they will do the same for Parkhead so it's a decent idea which I know that Hibs are aware of but cost might be prohibitive.

Why gie it a rest..... Fans can't be bothered following the team to Glasgow, and want to watch it in pub having a few pints............ That is not my idea of a fan....

lEXO
25-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Why gie it a rest..... Fans can't be bothered following the team to Glasgow, and want to watch it in pub having a few pints............ That is not my idea of a fan....
The Hibs end was sold out.We got extra tickets,they sold out.Those that could afford it and wanted to go,and get a ticket went.Those that could,nt went to the pub or watched it at home.Whats the problem?
In fact some Hibs supporters went in amongst the huns.Good on them.Does,nt make anybody more of a supporter cos they can afford to go to every game.To those that can,and do go to every game,good on you.Some of us simply cant afford it.

oconnors_strip
25-10-2009, 07:18 PM

i and many other fans were bothered about going to glasgow to watch the team but sadly the tickets were sold out before we could buy them. dont know other people's reasons for not buying them went they went on sale but mine is i couldnt afford to buy the week they went on sale.

i agree that fans who would rather sit in the pub and spend money on alcochol instead of buying a ticket (when able to) to the match are not really supporting the team.

and thanks for the cheap dig at me brockie! not all of us want to be an uber fan like you:bye:

Baldy Foghorn
25-10-2009, 09:22 PM
i and many other fans were bothered about going to glasgow to watch the team but sadly the tickets were sold out before we could buy them. dont know other people's reasons for not buying them went they went on sale but mine is i couldnt afford to buy the week they went on sale.

i agree that fans who would rather sit in the pub and spend money on alcochol instead of buying a ticket (when able to) to the match are not really supporting the team.

and thanks for the cheap dig at me brockie! not all of us want to be an uber fan like you:bye:

Where was my cheap dig at you??? Then you return a cheap dig back.....

Uber jibes are just plain boring........:yawn::yawn::yawn:

matty_f
25-10-2009, 09:26 PM
The Hibs end was sold out.We got extra tickets,they sold out.Those that could afford it and wanted to go,and get a ticket went.Those that could,nt went to the pub or watched it at home.Whats the problem?
In fact some Hibs supporters went in amongst the huns.Good on them.Does,nt make anybody more of a supporter cos they can afford to go to every game.To those that can,and do go to every game,good on you.Some of us simply cant afford it.

:top marks Not much scope to criticise fans for not heading through at the weekend.

MoantheCabbage
26-10-2009, 11:27 AM

The whole point being Hibs got just over a thousand tickets for the game which sold out quickly. Paying hibs money to go and watch a beamback is fair game plus the club receive a much welcomed income.

Is your idea of being a fan staying at home cos you couldnt get a ticket or going out in the hope that you could get see the game by any means neccesary as most have done

Baldy Foghorn
26-10-2009, 12:11 PM
The whole point being Hibs got just over a thousand tickets for the game which sold out quickly. Paying hibs money to go and watch a beamback is fair game plus the club receive a much welcomed income.

Is your idea of being a fan staying at home cos you couldnt get a ticket or going out in the hope that you could get see the game by any means neccesary as most have done

The tickets sold out in just over 3 weeks??? Is this quick in your opinion??

Hibs7
26-10-2009, 12:15 PM

I asked the question of Hibs on this and was told it would have been way too expensive as it was not being transmitted by any british based channels.

MoantheCabbage
26-10-2009, 03:34 PM
The tickets sold out in just over 3 weeks??? Is this quick in your opinion??

If it was 3 weeks??????? not sure if those are the facts but I'll take your word for it.

The whole point as stated was it was a sell out for our end/corner hence the reason to ask for more tickets. In saying that though its people own choice to watch any game wherever they want to, doesnt make them any less a fan/supporter whatever you may think

Woody1985
26-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Going to an away game just isn't the cost of a tickets.

If you paid £5 to get in BTG and spent the other £25 there then that would be good all round.

I don't go to away games. Generally choose not to go as I don't know that many people that go to Hibs games as most of my mates are Jambos/don't go to the football and have little interest in taking it up.

I always go with my granda and he wouldn't want all the travelling since he's hitting 70 and it's getting too much for him just to walk from Leith Walk to the stadium. Don't fancy going on my own either.

If the game was shown at ER I would go.

Baldy Foghorn
26-10-2009, 08:06 PM
If it was 3 weeks??????? not sure if those are the facts but I'll take your word for it.

The whole point as stated was it was a sell out for our end/corner hence the reason to ask for more tickets. In saying that though its people own choice to watch any game wherever they want to, doesnt make them any less a fan/supporter whatever you may think

FYI Tickets went on sale 28th September, and sold out on day of Kille match, 17th October....... There was hardly a stampede to get them was there?

IndieHibby
26-10-2009, 08:23 PM

i think you need a vga cable