PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hearts 0-0 Falkirk (merged)

Storar
24-10-2009, 04:04 PM
A fantastic draw at home to bottom of the league Falkirk gives them another vital point in their relegation battle to keep them only 5 points clear of the drop:agree:

Really thought they would lose today but they've certainly proved me wrong, a fantastic effort, great spirit and determination from the big team:applause:

With this type of form I reckon they might shade another season in the top flight :agree:

Saorsa
24-10-2009, 04:05 PM
A fantastic draw at home to bottom of the league Falkirk gives them another vital point in their relegation battle to keep them only 5 points clear of the drop:agree:

Really thought they would lose today but they've certainly proved me wrong, a fantastic effort, great spirit and determination from the big team:applause:

With this type of form I reckon they might shade another season in the top flight :agree::greengrin

Cropley10
24-10-2009, 04:06 PM

With this type of form I reckon they might shade another season in the top flight :agree:

That's an impressive 9 points from 9 games now for the winners of WW1...

MSK
NIL.....that is all ...:thumbsup:

woody47
was this not the start of 5 wins in a row ? :bye::bye::bye:

Nameless
24-10-2009, 04:07 PM
They had 1 shot on target in the whole 90 mins:faf::faf::faf: You are at HOME to the BOTTOM side in the league, and you manage ONE shot on target:wtf:

Vlad knows what he is doing, so no need to panic:panic::smokin

hibee_girl
24-10-2009, 04:10 PM
They're 9th in the league, played 9 games, scored 9 goals and have 9 points

Steve-O
24-10-2009, 04:11 PM
They're 9th in the league, played 9 games, scored 9 goals and have 9 points

And somebody needs to dial 999! :agree:

Keith_M
24-10-2009, 04:12 PM
I don't know what anybody on here's gloating about. Hibs couldn't even beat a side that were just humped by a Romanian Diddy team...

Now THAT'S humiliation!

:wink:

MSK
24-10-2009, 04:14 PM
And somebody needs to dial 999! :agree:Theres no emergency ...Stewart thinks they will still finish 3rd !!!.....:lolyam:....my big fat hairy ass they will !!!! :faf::faf:

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2009, 04:14 PM
They've proved that they can hold their own at Tynecastle, which should be enough to ensure that Edinburgh has two teams in the SPL next term. What a city to watch football in!

CyberSauzee
24-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Pat Nevin gave Darren Barr MOTM. He was immense at the back mused Pat, "and he won header after header. And believe me, there were hundreds of them!"

Were you watching hoofball Pat?

Hank Schrader
24-10-2009, 04:16 PM
As one JKB plum says;

"At least its a clean sheet..."

Aye, at home, against the bottom side. That's really impressive stuff likes:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
24-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Reporter: "Do you think you'll score tomorrow?

Nade: "yes I will"

Cropley10
24-10-2009, 04:19 PM

Nameless
24-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Pat Nevin gave Darren Barr MOTM. He was immense at the back mused Pat, "and he won header after header. And believe me, there were hundreds of them!"

What might have been.......:hmmm:

We are 2 players away from being a very solid unit, and he is most definetly one of them:agree:

BEEJ
24-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Good solid result for the big team.

:faf:

Green Man
24-10-2009, 04:28 PM
A clean sheet at home, you can't ask more than that, well played Hearts :agree:

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2009, 04:29 PM

:top marks Brilliant post, says it all. The future is maroon.

HibbyAndy
24-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Whilst the wee team come away with a very creditable 1-1 draw away to the champions the BIG team manage a woefull 0-0 draw with rock bottom Falkirk.

Nade said he was going to score didnt he?..could you imagine him scoring a goal like Stokes today? :hilarious.

Hearts are on the slide-Hibs are on the up . and boy they know it!

Hibs looking to strenghen in January whilst they are looking to offload there high earners.. is Nade really on more than Riordan and Stokes put together? :hilarious.

Alarm bells ringing at Tiny..brought a wry smile to my face just there.

Well done Hibs for going there and attacking and having a go, going 1-0 down so early on we needed our players to stand tall, and they did.

There's something magical happenin down Easter Rd way....

Sprouleflyer
24-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Whilst the wee team come away with a very creditable 1-1 draw away to the champions the BIG team manage a woefull 0-0 draw with rock bottom Falkirk.

Nade said he was going to score didnt he?..could you imagine him scoring a goal like Stokes today? :hilarious.

Hibs looking to strenghen in January whilst they are looking to offload there high earners.. is Nade really on more than Riordan and Stokes put together? :hilarious.

Well done Hibs for going there and attacking and having a go, going 1-0 down so early on we needed our players to stand tall, and they did.

Stewart was getting booed every time he touched the ball in the 2nd half.

He seemed to manage with 12000 booing him today, but how will he cope when 17000 boo him in 2 weeks time!!

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2009, 04:34 PM

Very harsh, Andy. Take of those green-tinted specs for a minute.

You have to do these things in stages:

1. Avoid relegation

2. Finish top six

3. Get into Europe

4. Win the CL.

Hearts have managed to do all those things over the years, adopting this very same sequential approach. This scoreless draw at home against Falkirk means that the first objective - after only nine games- is well within their grasp. The only is up for the plucky, lavish spenders from Gorgie.

Toaods
24-10-2009, 04:35 PM

and...

There's something comical happening down Gorgie Road way...:bye:

Saorsa
:hahaha: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/laughingstock.jpg

big-mo
Stewart had a go at the Hearts fans just before half-time when they had started to boo the team. Nice to know your captain is in tune with your fans. Not.

HibbyAndy
24-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Very harsh, Andy. Take of those green-tinted specs for a minute.

You have to do these things in stages:

1. Avoid relegation

2. Finish top six

3. Get into Europe

4. Win the CL.

Hearts have managed to do all those things over the years, adopting this very same sequential approach. This scoreless draw at home against Falkirk means that the first objective - after only nine games- is well within their grasp. The only is up for the plucky, lavish spenders from Gorgie.

:greengrin

I genuinly think Hearts are in a serious relegation battle this season.

Honestly.

Shaggy
24-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Boo Boooooooooo.........
think I'll go on to brokeback and fan the flames :devil:

Hank Schrader
24-10-2009, 04:40 PM
I know form goes out the window during derby matches and you should never get over confident about games against Hearts BUT.....

...I really cannot wait for 7th November. Bring them on. :agree:

CyberSauzee
24-10-2009, 04:40 PM

Honestly.

You may be right. Which would make today's game the season's first 6 pointer.

Sas_The_Hibby
24-10-2009, 04:41 PM
I have the horrible feeling we may be huge favourites to beat Hearts in a couple of weeks time - and you know what that usually means.....! :bitchy:

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2009, 04:47 PM
I have the horrible feeling we may be huge favourites to beat Hearts in a couple of weeks time - and you know what that usually means.....! :bitchy:

I have a feeling that those Gorgie muppets are going to get royally humped.

Jim44
24-10-2009, 04:49 PM

Honestly.

It's a strong possibility but if they look to be doomed it's odds on that a hasty league restructure will be made.

Baader
24-10-2009, 04:50 PM

Agreed. Look at the last derby when we didn't have a chance. Our biggest problem will be complacency.

Having said that, I think Yogi is the perfect man to ensure players don't rest on their laurels. Derbies are always nervous affairs for me but I really do hope we give them an absolute doing. I would love to see us rip them apart in front of their pathetic deluded fans who are probably still trying to convince themselves we are relegation fodder this season...

Toaods
24-10-2009, 04:53 PM

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2009, 04:54 PM
It's a strong possibility but if they look to be doomed it's odds on that a hasty league restructure will be made.

With all their off-field problems around the issue of impending bankruptcy and administration, it's heartening to see the team taking responsibility and dragging themselves towards their demise purely on the basis of what happens on the pitch.

Well done maroons!

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2009, 04:56 PM

Honestly.

They probably need to empty Wallace, Thomson and Driver to get themselves seriously in the frame.

That said, I've every confidence in Vlad's business plan. Can't wait till January!

Storar
24-10-2009, 04:56 PM

:top marks Brilliant post, says it all. The future is maroon.

:agree:
Also should mention they are now unbeaten in two games:top marks

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2009, 05:09 PM
:agree:
Also should mention they are now unbeaten in two games:top marks

Yes, definite signs that the Gorgie boys are starting to put together a run.

Nameless
24-10-2009, 05:10 PM
The penny seems to be dropping with a few over the road:smug:

Posted by Adi Dassler

This current team is not capable of rolling their sleeves up and 'going to war' as somebody put it the other day. This team are as spineless as i've seen in my 24 years watching Hearts. The tone has already been set mate, we are going to struggle BIG time. We are bottom 6 material and that is just the start.

Baader
24-10-2009, 05:12 PM
A real coupon buster this one - those never-say-die maroons have caused a real upset here by gaining a point...

Hope Nade has more tips he can throws this way - he's the Nostradamus of Gorgie.

Well done Yams. :greengrin

wazoo1875
24-10-2009, 05:13 PM

Nanananana I'm lovin it :greengrin

That picture brings to mind a post someone made earlier on , it was a cut and paste job from sickbag . It went along the lines of " Nades got problems alright but one of them isn't his weight son ". Jeez , if carlsberg did deluded tramps eh .

Hiber-nation
24-10-2009, 05:14 PM
This is ridiculous - we all know it will change big time when they sign a top quality striker with Champions league experience in January.

Isn't it great to see them continually begging Vlad to get the cheque book out. Suckers :bye:

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2009, 05:16 PM
A real coupon buster this one - those never-say-die maroons have caused a real upset here by gaining a point...

Hope Nade has more tips he can throws this way - he's the Nostradamus of Gorgie.

Well done Yams. :greengrin

He'll never upstage Susan in tips. A brilliant waiter. Football wise, forget it, but a great waiter.

Bob Box Fish
24-10-2009, 05:16 PM
I reackon Nade is only 6 pounds off his first hat trick of the season . . .

flash
24-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Hats off to our plucky neighbours. That point keeps them in touch with Killie and St Mirren.

Heady days down Gorgie Road.

RoYO!
24-10-2009, 05:23 PM
This is ridiculous - we all know it will change big time when they sign a top quality striker with Champions league experience in January.

Isn't it great to see them continually begging Vlad to get the cheque book out. Suckers :bye:

..and the knowledge that there is NO chance of anyone coming in in jan- from the manager himself. If anything, players are away... :thumbsup:

Hibercelona
24-10-2009, 05:31 PM
The penny seems to be dropping with a few over the road:smug:

This current team is not capable of rolling their sleeves up and 'going to war' as somebody put it the other day. This team are as spineless as i've seen in my 24 years watching Hearts. The tone has already been set mate, we are going to struggle BIG time. We are bottom 6 material and that is just the start.

They won WW1 easy enough.... what seems to be the problem?

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2009, 05:34 PM

I think they are missing the Queen Mum. It was their wonderful alliance with her that defeated Hitler, and they've never been quite the same since she left us.

Hank Schrader
24-10-2009, 05:37 PM
How things have changed since four years ago. Back then Hearts may have been leading the table but Hibs were not that far behind, playing good football under Mowbray with a very good squad getting good results like 0-3 at Ibrox.

Now we have a Hibs team challenging the OF at this early stage of the season. Of course I am not getting myself carried away into thinking we will definitely challenge for the title but looking at Hearts, unlike Hibs four years back, they have a below average squad, struggling in the bottom half of the league, stuttering to goalless draws against a very poor Falkirk team stuck at the root of the table. Their manager has been told to expect departures in January with no replacements whilst Hibs are likely to acquire the likes of Darren Barr in the transfer window. Its good to see my team on the up and looking accomplished whilst the arrogant Jambo hordes are subjected to watching filth week in week out under the control of a so called millionaire owner who has gotten fed up with his toy and doesn't give a flying ****** any more.

Back in October 2005 I was fed up listening to how great Hearts were going to be and how we would forever be hanging on to their coat tails. I am sitting here quite smug at how much the tables have turned and how much they are suffering through poor management and over spending.

The chickens have come home to roost. They were arrogant and insufferable back in 2005 and as far as I am concerned they deserve everything that has happened so far this season and what is likely to come in the future.

Glory glory....

Sergey
24-10-2009, 05:40 PM
With form such as this, it's easily understandable why South Africa are looking at Lazlo for their World Cup campaign.

GordonR
24-10-2009, 05:49 PM

Aye, but they won World War One, don't you know?

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2009, 05:52 PM
They actually gained on us today. I thought they would get nothing from their relegation battle, and we would have wiped the floor with the huns. I'm worried.

Hibercelona
24-10-2009, 05:54 PM
They actually gained on us today. I thought they would get nothing from their relegation battle, and we would have wiped the floor with the huns. I'm worried.

Nope.... still eightpointsback like before :wink:

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Nope.... still eightpointsback like before :wink:

But, as Bill Clinton might say, 'they gained in their minds'. That's where it matters. (If you enjoy licking windows.)

Big Frank
24-10-2009, 06:02 PM
**** them.

Smelly trampy *******s.

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2009, 06:05 PM
**** them.

Smelly trampy *******s.

Spit it out, Frank, stop this tedious fence-sitting.

FranckSuzy
24-10-2009, 06:12 PM
[Nade said he was going to score didnt he?..could you imagine him scoring a goal like Stokes today? :hilarious.

Maybe he meant tonight, him being a double-adaptor and all :wink:

Big Frank
24-10-2009, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=Dashing Bob S;2216459]Spit it out, Frank, stop this tedious fence-sitting.[/QUOTE

:devil:

bobbyhibs1983
24-10-2009, 06:15 PM

indeed so true, could this top quility striker with champions league experience, be 1 of 2 world cup stars they have been raving about?

Just wait til this guy(or guys)come in and if one is a world cup star and has champions league experience to partner nade upfront, i think without ? they will have the best strikers in scotland and maybe the 2 of the top 10 strikers in the uk prehaps?

im worried:grr:

bobbyhibs1983
24-10-2009, 06:22 PM

Honestly.

i cant believe you feel this way sir,vlad has promised to win the champions league , surely winning the champions league means they WONT be in a relegation battle.

Or have i missed the point?:confused:

and to those who are saying nade did not score today i can confirm that due to his love of McDonalds he has now quilifed as being "the best customer we have ever had"

did he score? damn right he did

TheMentalHibees
24-10-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm ****ing myself about the derby after this result. Their defence must be impeccable to hold out that rampant Falkirk strike-force, and it's only a matter of time before that goal machine Nade kicks into gear and starts banging them in. Get it sorted Petrie, we need a good few signings to get ourselves up to the same level of skill, quality and ability of that Hearts side.

Derby prediction: 10-0 Hearts.

Mibbes Aye
24-10-2009, 06:43 PM

It's easy to mock but none of us have ever been in that position - filled to the gunnels with a belligerent mixture of idealism and ignorance, trooping off to a strange and foreign land in the expectation of glory and a quick and victorious return to home soil, only to encounter a nightmare of carnage, destruction and despair that would no doubt haunt the dreams of the survivors for the rest of their days.

But that's enough about Dens Park in 1986.

Hiber-nation
24-10-2009, 06:44 PM
It's easy to mock but none of us have ever been in that position - filled to the gunnels with a belligerent mixture of idealism and ignorance, trooping off to a strange and foreign land in the expectation of glory and a quick and victorious return to home soil, only to encounter a nightmare of carnage, destruction and despair that would no doubt haunt the dreams of the survivors for the rest of their days.

:thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
24-10-2009, 06:44 PM

:faf: :top marks

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Aye, but they won World War One, don't you know?

Thats as maybe, however they were wholly culpable for WW2..... :nerd:

PC Stamp
24-10-2009, 08:08 PM
To be fair, a 0-0 draw against the worst team in the SPL is not really that bad when you've been struggling for form yourself all season. I'm sure though that in the cold light of day, Falkirk will probably consider it as two points dropped. :wink:

Winston Ingram
24-10-2009, 08:09 PM
To be fair, a 0-0 draw against the worst team in the SPL is not really that bad when you've been struggling for form yourself all season. I'm sure though that in the cold light of day, Falkirk will probably consider it as two points dropped. :wink:

Good point for them I think. That point could prove invaluable in the fight for SPL survival:agree:

Hibercelona
24-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Good point for them I think. That point could prove invaluable in the fight for SPL survival:agree:

I agree...

Great point for Hearts :wink:

CalgaryHibs
24-10-2009, 08:16 PM
good point, where were Hamilton when they beat us 2 - 0?

========
yeh i still cannae beleive they beat us (:

(nice too see PCStamp is still aroond)

Part/Time Supporter
25-10-2009, 06:25 AM

No, I don't really. The last time Hibs were justifiably favourites in any game against Hearts was 2000/01 (6-2 followed by a couple of draws), and then maybe the first game of the 2001/02 season (2-1 win), IMO.

The only other game I can think you are referring to was the league game following the CIS Cup final, where everybody got carried away by one great result for Hibs (said final) and one terrible result for Hearts (0-4 v Dundee Utd) preceeding that. When in fact Hearts were above Hibs in the league going into that game; ie even before the player revolt and the long winless run that followed the final.

If Hibs have had poor results against Hearts it's generally because they've had slightly (if not significantly) the better team. In fact, they're probably still bumping their chops about how Hibs won the last two games of last season despite there being quite a big gap in league points overall.

One Day Soon
25-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Spot on. The history of these games is that the side with the better form, team and league placing usually does the business or at least does not lose. Completely unexpected reversals are not that common.

The key issue for this derby isn't form, player ability, team strength, flair or hunger - we are miles ahead on all of these. It comes down to attitude and determination and if Yogi has those right we are going to have a VERY enjoyable day out at the Imperial War Museum, sorry, I mean Tynecastle.

No, I don't really. The last time Hibs were justifiably favourites in any game against Hearts was 2000/01 (6-2 followed by a couple of draws), and then maybe the first game of the 2001/02 season (2-1 win), IMO.

The only other game I can think you are referring to was the league game following the CIS Cup final, where everybody got carried away by one great result for Hibs (said final) and one terrible result for Hearts (0-4 v Dundee Utd) preceeding that. When in fact Hearts were above Hibs in the league going into that game; ie even before the player revolt and the long winless run that followed the final.

If Hibs have had poor results against Hearts it's generally because they've had slightly (if not significantly) the better team. In fact, they're probably still bumping their chops about how Hibs won the last two games of last season despite there being quite a big gap in league points overall.

H18sry
25-10-2009, 08:41 AM
With form such as this, it's easily understandable why South Africa are looking at Lazlo for their World Cup campaign.

not any more tho

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8320257.stm :wink:

Alex Trager
25-10-2009, 12:04 PM
thats a shame for falkirk only managing a nil nil draw against the worst team in the spl

Alex Trager
25-10-2009, 12:06 PM
especially since they were going to pump them 3/4-0 and we would be getting beat simultaenously by the same score line

Baader
25-10-2009, 12:30 PM
In SoS. I particularly liked this:

"The locals expected little, and they weren't to be disappointed."

:faf::faf::faf:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-00-Falkirk-Goals-not.5764128.jp

Jack
25-10-2009, 12:44 PM
I was talking to one of the unregular locals in the pub last night and it turns out he’s a football match nutter and yesterday was his 50th match this season.

He was a Tynie. His first nil – nil. He just shook his head when I asked him about the game – so I showed him our goal on my new mobile (did I tell you I had a new phone?) and he was rightly right impressed!

101 games so far this year and I think his wife goes to a lot of them as well!!!

Dashing Bob S
25-10-2009, 12:59 PM

Fantastic!

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FC

"The Deluded"

Tynecastle Park, Edinburgh

Honours:

World Wars (2), Scottish League (4), Scottish Cup (7), Scottish League Cup (4), Texaco Cup Finalists (1)

NAE NOOKIE
25-10-2009, 01:14 PM
How things have changed since four years ago. Back then Hearts may have been leading the table but Hibs were not that far behind, playing good football under Mowbray with a very good squad getting good results like 0-3 at Ibrox.

Now we have a Hibs team challenging the OF at this early stage of the season. Of course I am not getting myself carried away into thinking we will definitely challenge for the title but looking at Hearts, unlike Hibs four years back, they have a below average squad, struggling in the bottom half of the league, stuttering to goalless draws against a very poor Falkirk team stuck at the root of the table. Their manager has been told to expect departures in January with no replacements whilst Hibs are likely to acquire the likes of Darren Barr in the transfer window. Its good to see my team on the up and looking accomplished whilst the arrogant Jambo hordes are subjected to watching filth week in week out under the control of a so called millionaire owner who has gotten fed up with his toy and doesn't give a flying ****** any more.

Back in October 2005 I was fed up listening to how great Hearts were going to be and how we would forever be hanging on to their coat tails. I am sitting here quite smug at how much the tables have turned and how much they are suffering through poor management and over spending.

The chickens have come home to roost. They were arrogant and insufferable back in 2005 and as far as I am concerned they deserve everything that has happened so far this season and what is likely to come in the future.

Glory glory....

What he said :agree:

Sir David Gray
25-10-2009, 03:13 PM

If they keep up this impressive points per game ratio right the way through until the end of the season, they will pick up a grand total of 38 points for the season which, based on previous SPL seasons, should see them hit the heady heights of 10th place by May.

So they might just manage to preserve their SPL status for another year.

Storar
25-10-2009, 03:47 PM
In SoS. I particularly liked this:

"The locals expected little, and they weren't to be disappointed."

:faf::faf::faf:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-00-Falkirk-Goals-not.5764128.jp

NO goals, no fun, no surprises. :faf:

Winston Ingram
25-10-2009, 04:19 PM
I agree...

Great point for Hearts :wink:

That's what I meant:agree:

Dashing Bob S
25-10-2009, 04:23 PM
If they keep up this impressive points per game ratio right the way through until the end of the season, they will pick up a grand total of 38 points for the season which, based on previous SPL seasons, should see them hit the heady heights of 10th place by May.

So they might just manage to preserve their SPL status for another year.

I'm still hoping for a January firesale and a serious challenge for 12th slot.

Alicky Ranks
25-10-2009, 04:48 PM
...bust after just one game. I guess because he only arrived last year he didn't hear about Fatty Foulkes' infamous assertion a couple of seasons back that Hearts should be looking to win their next five games in a row. IIRC they went on to lose six on the bounce!

Alicky Ranks
25-10-2009, 04:58 PM
...bust after just one game. I guess because he only arrived last year he didn't hear about Fatty Foulkes' infamous assertion a couple of seasons back that Hearts should be looking to win their next five games in a row. IIRC they went on to lose six on the bounce!

Now I think about it, it may have been Frail who targeted five straight wins. Either way, it was a yam fuddery of the highest order.

new malkyhib
25-10-2009, 06:26 PM
I think they are missing the Queen Mum. It was their wonderful alliance with her that defeated Hitler, and they've never been quite the same since she left us.

:agree:Agreed - and I thought everybody knew she was the "nation's favourite grandmother", who was pleased in an ironic sense when the bosch bombed Buck Palace. She was quoted as saying that at least now she can "look the east end in the face again".

There's parallels there with Uncle Vlad, as when the JCBs steamroller the PBS, and he's surveying the rubble from his helicopter as he veers off towards Lithuania; and the massed hordes of Jambos are doffing their caps, and still dreaming of world domination.

Old Vladimar and the Queen Mother - Gawd bless 'em...

fife hfc
25-10-2009, 06:36 PM

:top marks one of the best posts I've ever read on here.:faf:

JeMeSouviens
26-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Fantastic!

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FC

"The Deluded"

Tynecastle Park, Edinburgh

Honours:

World Wars (2), Scottish League (4), Scottish Cup (7), Scottish League Cup (4), Texaco Cup Finalists (1)

Can't believe you forgot the Tennent's 6s. :bitchy:

Danderhall Hibs
26-10-2009, 08:12 AM

I seem to remember us being favourites before the 5-1 game?

Broken Gnome
26-10-2009, 09:04 AM
I seem to remember us being favourites before the 5-1 game?

Not sure any team that had Mark Dempsie and Tony Caig in it should have had the air of favourites about it....

We definitely wouldn't have been. We'd lost the season opener to Aberdeen, Hearts were their traditionally difficult to beat selves under Levein, certainly not a game Hibs would have expected to win.

bobbyhibs1983
26-10-2009, 09:38 AM
ok folks please dont get carried away, dont you know one team played with 10men behind a ball and for most of the game were a man down?

heartz were simply outstanding, this could be up there with there best results maybe ever.

if heartz keep getting 0-0's then they wont get beat now will they?