PDA

View Full Version : Hughes - oh no !

EasterRoad4Ever
24-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Dare we start to dream that we've actually found a manager who 1. knows what they hell he's doing, 2. has a natural and honest affinity with the club and 3. does not immediately limit or play down our club's ambitions ?

Hughes has over-delivered by some margin over the last 5 months and looks like he's capable of taking this team and club even further - without us feeling like the guy will be touting our better players around the market or looking for the next big money move for himself. How refreshing and scary is THAT ?

i know its early days. I know the OF are still miles ahead of us. But could we have at long last found the perfect catalyst for success and someone who can bring the atmosphere and belief back to ER ?

col02
24-10-2009, 07:09 PM
If this is us at 75% then I would suggest to other fans it is time to get on board the rollercoaster ride we are going to experience this season and enjoy it for what it is.

PISTOL1875
24-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Dare we start to dream that we've actually found a manager who 1. knows what they hell he's doing, 2. has a natural and honest affinity with the club and 3. does not immediately limit or play down our club's ambitions ?

Hughes has over-delivered by some margin over the last 5 months and looks like he's capable of taking this team and club even further - without us feeling like the guy will be touting our better players around the market or looking for the next big money move for himself. How refreshing and scary is THAT ?

i know its early days. I know the OF are still miles ahead of us. But could we have at long last found the perfect catalyst for success and someone who can bring the atmosphere and belief back to ER ?

We may have indeed found someone who bring us this but as soon as this does arrive , he will be offski along the majority of our players........

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2009, 07:10 PM
There are fans out there who did not want Yogi, and still did not want him only a fortnight ago. I only wish we had got him after collins, in fact i wish we had got him before Collins. There is a purpose to our play, everyone has a job to do, and they all know what they are doing. Progress at last, without the big heads, the players who think they are better than Hibs.:thumbsup:

Www1875hfc
24-10-2009, 07:14 PM
One word, YES :agree:

As hibbyandy has stated in a previous post, something magical is happenin down easter road way.
Lets keep our feet firmly on the ground tho eh,add a no nonsense centre half,and a decent right back and we will not be far away.

We are getting ther tho,so much better now, than under mixu.
Its night and day really,hughes has certainly added the feel good factor,and watching the players train with a smile on ther faces says it all.

Westie1875
24-10-2009, 07:17 PM
There are fans out there who did not want Yogi, and still did not want him only a fortnight ago. I only wish we had got him after collins, in fact i wish we had got him before Collins. There is a purpose to our play, everyone has a job to do, and they all know what they are doing. Progress at last, without the big heads, the players who think they are better than Hibs.:thumbsup:

This is one of the most important factors for me, it is clearly evident that there is no-one in our squad who thinks they are too good for Hibs and everyone wants to be here. Makes a massive difference. :thumbsup:

monktonharp
24-10-2009, 07:17 PM
it is shaping up very nicely,as we approach the xmas period and I too hope the team can get more along to watch,and give the sort of vocal support that was given today.cant get to carried away I suppose,but there is a bit of guts,steel call it what you want about the club these days and a lot of praise must go to John Hughes for that.

Green Mikey
24-10-2009, 07:18 PM

I think that we have got Hughes at the right time, if we had taken him before Collins he wouldn't have the experience of a couple of tough years at Falkirk. Relegation battles, cup finals and a small budget over a few years has shaped him into the manager he is now.

Dr_Regal
24-10-2009, 07:22 PM
I wasn't up for Yogi to be honested, but I've came full circle on him. Hibs have been brilliant recently, and Yogi has got a great attacking team on the go for us this year. Home to the dons next week in front of a bumper crowd I hope. Imagine 6 points from the next two games!!!!

Absolutely delighted with the whole team. Well Done Yogi.

GGTTH

AK86
24-10-2009, 07:24 PM
One word, YES :agree:

As hibbyandy has stated in a previous post, something magical is happenin down easter road way.
Lets keep our feet firmly on the ground tho eh,add a no nonsense centre half,and a decent right back and we will not be far away.

We are getting ther tho,so much better now, than under mixu.
Its night and day really,hughes has certainly added the feel good factor,and watching the players train with a smile on ther faces says it all.
I,m pretty sure he also remind the players that it is an honour to play for the Hibs
And for all his smiles and charms he defo isn,t a man to be messed with
But lets not get carried away, we have a long way to go and are still a good few players short of a class act
There is a good feeling down ER way, long may it last:greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
24-10-2009, 07:26 PM

:top marks

Hopefully the fans will flock back and give him some more money to spend. :agree:

greenlex
24-10-2009, 07:28 PM
I will give it a dropped point on Saturday and defeat at the pink palace and this place will be carnage. By all means big the guy up but at least wait till we have achieved something of note and not judge him against what we had before.

VegasHibby
24-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Yogi does look to have all the qualities of a great manager. Today was a great test for the players after going down an early goal. The confidence was there,the tactics were there and most importantly the fitness levels.
Well done Yogi and players

ahibby
24-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Time to keep our feet firmly on the ground. Yes there are signs of things looking up but Rangers were destroyed mid week and Whitaker and Weir are looking woeful in defence. Let's see how we do against Aberdeen, Hearts and Dundee Utd away and if things are still looking up then I'll join in the elation. Still a good result today but that's all it is.

Onceinawhile
24-10-2009, 08:37 PM
I will give it a dropped point on Saturday and defeat at the pink palace and this place will be carnage. By all means big the guy up but at least wait till we have achieved something of note and not judge him against what we had before.

:agree: He hasn't even had 10 league games yet for goodness sake.:agree:

Let's judge him at the end of the season, despite the fact that it is going decently at the moment. It also cannot be forgotten that we still have Hearts and Aberdeen to play, if we take 6 points from that then we can start talking

Jonnyboy
24-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Where Yogi wins out for me is highlighted as follows

Collins - arrogance was his downfall

Mixu - tactical naivety and stubborness were his downfall

Yogi - got the players playing for each other and has made Hibs a club players are happy to play for

FranckSuzy
24-10-2009, 08:53 PM

Yogi - got the players playing for each other and has made Hibs a club players are happy to play for

davym7062
24-10-2009, 08:58 PM
the difference is the players want to play for him and are enjoying their work at the moment.

the telling thing for me is nobody is injured, no wee knocks that would normally have kept them out:agree:

sleeping giant
24-10-2009, 09:12 PM

:agree:

The feelgood factor within the club looks like its back.

When he opnes his mouth , i am hooked like i was with Mowbray.
I'm liking what JH is saying and delivering and i have this wee feeling....................:greengrin

Expecting Rain
24-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Yogi and Hibs have came together at the right time and with the possibility of bringing in another couple of players in january we can at least consolidate third place, Dundee United being our main challengers, the big team failed to beat the bairns and that really says it all, a lot of credit for our start must also go to Rod Petrie, hail, hail.............................:thumbsup:

...WentToMowAnSPL
24-10-2009, 09:18 PM

The feelgood factor within the club looks like its back.

When he opnes his mouth , i am hooked like i was with Mowbray.
I'm liking what JH is saying and delivering and i have this wee feeling....................:greengrin

But it's even better..
1. He manages to dodge the weedgie attempts to write us off before we are started

2. He knows where he want's to play Deek without being embarassed when he happens to score a goal.

I feel that JH is giving Deek the best opportunity now in his career better than under Mowbray

Big Frank
24-10-2009, 09:25 PM

We had to get through today and have to get through the next two games unscathed. We are close to two crap teams and have potter and his team breathing down our necks.

The next 2 games are really vital. If we can get through them, we are in business.

There will be a very big Hibernian crowd on Saturday. Normally thats when were let down the most.

But Yogi is definately doing the damage at the moment.

Good thread.

sleeping giant
24-10-2009, 09:28 PM
But it's even better..
1. He manages to dodge the weedgie attempts to write us off before we are started

2. He knows where he want's to play Deek without being embarassed when he happens to score a goal.

I feel that JH is giving Deek the best opportunity now in his career better than under Mowbray

I think he handles the press very well too.

I think Deeks will flourish and the competion for places up front should keep him on his toes:agree:

We have quality finishers at the club and half a dozen can fight over the free kicks:greengrin

I'm feeling pretty confident just now. Not one team in the league scares me .

At 1-1 today we were still trying to win it ! At Ibrox:cool2:

Loving it !!

Bring it on :greengrin

brydekirk
24-10-2009, 09:30 PM
the timing is perfect. its like RP set the stage for yogi.and for those who think he will leave at the first chance, i dont think so. yogi is hibs daft and wants to do a job. he will put hibernian back where they belong.:thumbsup:

sleeping giant
24-10-2009, 09:30 PM

We had to get through today and have to get through the next two games unscathed. We are close to two crap teams and have potter and his team breathing down our necks.

The next 2 games are really vital. If we can get through them, we are in business.

There will be a very big Hibernian crowd on Saturday. Normally thats when were let down the most.

But Yogi is definately doing the damage at the moment.

Good thread.

Yip. Its a pressure i like.
If we can get 3 points on Saturday and beat Hearts , i wont be able to stop myself:greengrin

TrinityHibs
24-10-2009, 09:31 PM
I didnt re-new my season ticket until the last day but force of habit made me go down to the ticket office. Almost immediately after Yogi was announced as manager and I thought I had wasted my money.

Hands up I was wrong. Sorry :slipper: wrong. The players he has brought in, the team spirit he has developed, the return of Benji and Zouma and the quality of play has made the memory of Mixu (as a manager) fade to nothing. I keep irritating my laddie by saying somebody, somewhere in the not too distant future is going to get a hammering (that generally means 7 goals) I have seen it happen twice.................the third time is coming.

In Yogi I trust................. and Budweiser as well tonight

wazoo1875
24-10-2009, 09:53 PM

I think he handles the press very well too.

I think Deeks will flourish and the competion for places up front should keep him on his toes:agree:

We have quality finishers at the club and half a dozen can fight over the free kicks:greengrin

I'm feeling pretty confident just now. Not one team in the league scares me .

At 1-1 today we were still trying to win it ! At Ibrox:cool2:

Loving it !!

Bring it on :greengrin
:top marks mate

I agree totally , i have said before , the last couple of seasons goin to easter road has been a bit of a chore at times . Yogi has got me hook line and sinker now though and i can't wait to get down there on a saturday . Long may it continue , c'mon the Hibs :thumbsup:

And Bring on the Jamtarts :devil:

Liberal Hibby
24-10-2009, 10:38 PM
I didnt re-new my season ticket until the last day but force of habit made me go down to the ticket office. Almost immediately after Yogi was announced as manager and I thought I had wasted my money.

Hands up I was wrong. Sorry :slipper: wrong. The players he has brought in, the team spirit he has developed, the return of Benji and Zouma and the quality of play has made the memory of Mixu (as a manager) fade to nothing. I keep irritating my laddie by saying somebody, somewhere in the not too distant future is going to get a hammering (that generally means 7 goals) I have seen it happen twice.................the third time is coming.

In Yogi I trust................. and Budweiser as well tonight

I think the return of Zemmamma is particularly significant - and if it hadn't been for ridiculous government immigration laws he'd have been here last season. Given we didn't have a midfield last year then Mixu must be smarting that he never got to see his talent. Whether he had used it properly is another matter...

smurf
24-10-2009, 11:17 PM
I think the return of Zemmamma is particularly significant - and if it hadn't been for ridiculous government immigration laws he'd have been here last season. Given we didn't have a midfield last year then Mixu must be smarting that he never got to see his talent. Whether he had used it properly is another matter...

End of season 2007-2008 Mixu had Zoumer as a sub in many games....

500miles
24-10-2009, 11:32 PM

Didn't Zemmama have a few injury problems at that time though? Some smaller knocks, finally culminating in a broken foot. It's not really a fair comparison.

jgl07
24-10-2009, 11:33 PM
No so Zemamma had a bad injury and missed the latter part of the season. Morais came into the team in his place.

Judas Iscariot
24-10-2009, 11:38 PM
We may have indeed found someone who bring us this but as soon as this does arrive , he will be offski along the majority of our players........

That's total SHOlTE IMO..

sahib
25-10-2009, 12:02 AM

The triumph of hope over experience?

--------
25-10-2009, 12:15 AM
The triumph of hope over experience?

Maybe, but I just have a feeling that Yogi might be here for the long haul - rebuild the club rather than just tinker with the team....

There's a good feeling about again. I'm just going to enjoy it. :agree:

Kevvy1875
25-10-2009, 12:17 AM
For me Yogi's masterstroke has been bringing in Miller and Stokes for next to nothing considering they are(Stokes not played recently) Full Internationals. Not only has he got them.....but has got them playing when the nagging worry with most Hibbys was will they be over hyped and spend their time falling out of nightclubs. Stokes really came good today when it looked like he might have been huffing and puffing the last couple of games. I predict that goal today will have his confidence soaring and he will kick on and score plenty this season. Hughes has done well in the transfer market and these two lads prove it along with the rest of his signings....Stack(awesome today), McBride(has his doubters but quickly gaining respect for the job he does), Cregg(done nothing wrong, unlucky for him that Miller came in), Galbraith(Not seen too much of him, cameo's mostly although looked exciting Vs St Midden).

So yeh, Hughes is turning out to be the real deal....we have managed to put that dissapointing result Vs Hamilton behind us real quick and have been tremendous since. Yogi has gotta take the credit.

NOLA
25-10-2009, 12:33 AM
lots to be excited about but as yogi himself said in an interview we've only played 8 games, he also said we will probably have a few hamilton/st j games to sober us up, but all in a Huge improvement from last season:agree: but whats the use a point at ibrox if we dont capitalise next week? the hibs way - beat celtic or rangers one week then lose the next, we need to be consistent for once in my life! Pretty Please Yogi:greengrin

RickyS
25-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Maybe, but I just have a feeling that Yogi might be here for the long haul - rebuild the club rather than just tinker with the team....

was having a discussion with mates recently about what would happen if Yogi was approached for a reasonable Championship job. he has stated he is an ambitious person and england is where he ultimately wanted to go. my thoughts were that he was selling himself to swansea just before he came to us just to rush Rod up and tell him to be quick. and I think he would tell them to **** off, he will be here as long as we want him. my mates were not so sure.

surreyhibbie
25-10-2009, 12:35 AM
We are playing good football and getting decent results. That's all so far, but there is a good feeling around the club and amongst the supporters.

let's enjoy it while it lasts, we have all known worse times. Who knows what might happen? :greengrin

sleeping giant
25-10-2009, 12:39 AM
lots to be excited about but as yogi himself said in an interview we've only played 8 games, he also said we will probably have a few hamilton/st j games to sober us up, but all in a Huge improvement from last season:agree: but whats the use a point at ibrox if we dont capitalise next week? the hibs way - beat celtic or rangers one week then lose the next, we need to be consistent for once in my life! Pretty Please Yogi:greengrin

Agreed but i'm still stuggling to contain myself.

We should be thinking big every season anyway.

The Old Firm are there for the taking for the first time in years.

Yogi seems to inspire his team and they seem to be adopting his grafting ethics.
Stokes ,Deek,Nish,Benji,Zouma,Miller,McBride,Bamba :shocked:

Lets have some of it !

Gies the title please Yogi:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
25-10-2009, 12:40 AM

Exactly :agree:

I'm sorry, but we've put up with more than our fair share of gashness over the last god knows how many years so I'll basque in the allbeit potentially temporarily happiness..

Yes :greengrin

Liberal Hibby
25-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Gies the title please Yogi:greengrin

Jeez - reality check please...

poolman
25-10-2009, 12:51 AM

Have faith in Yogi

Fans love him (now:wink:)

Players love him

Seriously, I think Yogi has galvanised the squad and every player is really enjoying themselves at the club right now

Happy times ahead I hope :thumbsup:
Tache loves him:blushie:

sleeping giant
25-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Jeez - reality check please...

I'm half kidding.

Well , slightly more than half:greengrin

Look , i'm not saying we ARE going to win the league !!

IF , if anyone was going to challenge them then now is the time.
We have good players and a hungry manager.

I will no doubt have this rammed down my throat , maybe within the next few weeks , but i'm feeling positive and i cannae help it:greengrin

poolman
25-10-2009, 12:56 AM

Got that in a oner:thumbsup:

Liberal Hibby
25-10-2009, 01:01 AM

Got that in a oner:thumbsup:

Except Hughes has had how many games?

poolman
25-10-2009, 01:10 AM

Cmon now LH

You have to admit that the team is a million miles away from last season:agree:

Shrekko
25-10-2009, 01:25 AM

If someone had told me that we'd be playing football on a par with the way we played under Mowbray (who had better players btw) within 8/9 weeks I wouldnt have believed it, especially after losing Fletcher and Jones.

That suggests Yogi 'has something'.

Ok- there will be ups and downs depending on the form of certain players, but I'm absolutely certain we have a manager who knows what he's doing and is capable of giving us entertaining and winning football.

If fans can come on and slate him after losing a game a month ago, I'm damn sure folk are entitled to come on and praise him a month later. The last 4 games have been a joy to watch.

Liberal Hibby
25-10-2009, 01:01 AM
If someone had told me that we'd be playing football on a par with the way we played under Mowbray (who had better players btw) within 8/9 weeks I wouldnt have believed it, especially after losing Fletcher and Jones.

That suggests Yogi 'has something'.

Ok- there will be ups and downs depending on the form of certain players, but I'm absolutely certain we have a manager who knows what he's doing and is capable of giving us entertaining and winning football.

If fans can come on and slate him after losing a game a month ago, I'm damn sure folk are entitled to come on and praise him a month later. The last 4 games have been a joy to watch.

We've still played too many home games to make proper comparisons, although a point at Ibrox is a great result.

Splitting the Old Firm is Hearts talk...

NOLA
25-10-2009, 04:37 AM
We've still played too many home games to make proper comparisons, although a point at Ibrox is a great result.

Splitting the Old Firm is Hearts talk...

you are right! one game at a time HIBS:thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
25-10-2009, 05:24 AM
I wasnae for Hughes and to be honest until very recent weeks we were not playing well. But factors like:

a) the form of Zouma,
b) improving fitness of Stokes and Miller,
c) starting Benji
d) sorting the midfield

have us up and running.

We have improved on last season in quality of squad and play whilst nearly all other SPL sides have not.

Well done so far John Hughes, players, Board and fans .. Let's just forget the East for now and take the next step foward on the park starting in January with strengthening at the back :agree:

GLORY GLORY TO THE HIBEES :thumbsup:

Part/Time Supporter
25-10-2009, 06:41 AM
I think that we have got Hughes at the right time, if we had taken him before Collins he wouldn't have the experience of a couple of tough years at Falkirk. Relegation battles, cup finals and a small budget over a few years has shaped him into the manager he is now.

Appointing Yogi in circa 2006/07 would have been more like appointing Mixu, taking a guy after a couple of years of managerial experience in favourable circumstances. Last season and all the **** he took from Falkirk the fan(nie)s will have done him a lot of good.

Part/Time Supporter
25-10-2009, 06:46 AM

Mowbray better start getting a few results then.

:duck:

One Day Soon
25-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Oh bugger it, I'm going to say it.

When you put together the goal scoring nature of our side and the style of play, together with the sheer turnaround in spirit and confidence you have to say that its like night and day compared to last season. The OF are mince and there is little else in the league to scare us on a game by game basis. The OF will still carry first and second because of their squad strength, decisions that tend to go their way etc.

However Yogi's recent interview made it very clear how much it would mean to him personally to bring the Scottish Cup to Easter Road. So, a good league run to finish third and THAT ghost laid to rest in his first season?

Being able to sing to the Yams that we were there for the Scottish Cup AND holding at 0 -7 the biggest derby hammering in living memory would make me very happy. If Yogi wants to be an immortal Hibs legend, that's the way to do it.

Aldo
25-10-2009, 08:44 AM
For me Hughes has us playing as a TEAM and guys playing in the positions they are good in and allowing them to express themselves in these positions.

We have one of the strongest squads in the SPL however a couple of injuries at the back may see us struggle as I do think we lack a wee bit of experience in those departments.

We will have numerous falls along the way but as long as we go in the right direction then at the moment that is good enough for me.

Feet firmly on the ground and hopefully going on a good run.

matty_f
25-10-2009, 09:04 AM
I've been hugely impressed with Yogi since day 1 at the club. He's very careful about what he says, and while it's important that he is inspirational and motivational to the players, what makes him tick is that his message is consistent. The players know exactly what he is looking for and what the expectation levels are from him.

That said, I think Aberdeen on Saturday is a bigger test for Hibs than Rangers were - we knew we had to be on the top of our game to take anything from Rangers because we were facing the Champions desperate to get three points to prove a point.

Aberdeen come to Easter Road with Hibs as favourites. The telling factor for us is how we react to this game. Approach it with a 'must win' attitude and getting right up for it shows that the mindset is right at the club and that we can probably push on for third.

However, a defeat - while not being the end of the world - will raise questions of how consistent we are capable of being.

FWIW, we remain the best side I have seen this season. We were awful against Hamilton but we have shown that was a blip. Since then some of our performances have been terrific.

basehibby
25-10-2009, 09:15 AM

As someone who fully supported his appointment I've got to say that Hughes has exceeded my expectations in terms of the speed with which he's turned things round from aimless mediocrity to purposeful progress to the business end of the league. And, given his well known comitment to the Hibees cause, I'm very hopeful that if he manages to maintain this success over the course of a season and beyond, that he won't be off at the first sign of a hefty cheque waved in his direction.
So - YES - I think we can start to dream a bit - early doors yet but the signs are good that Yogi is the man that can take advantage of the progress that has been made off the park in recent years and use it as a platform to make real and lasting progress on the park.

--------
25-10-2009, 01:22 PM
As someone who fully supported his appointment I've got to say that Hughes has exceeded my expectations in terms of the speed with which he's turned things round from aimless mediocrity to purposeful progress to the business end of the league. And, given his well known comitment to the Hibees cause, I'm very hopeful that if he manages to maintain this success over the course of a season and beyond, that he won't be off at the first sign of a hefty cheque waved in his direction.

So - YES - I think we can start to dream a bit - early doors yet but the signs are good that Yogi is the man that can take advantage of the progress that has been made off the park in recent years and use it as a platform to make real and lasting progress on the park.

:agree: IMO the whole club was drifting last season, and had been for far too long.

There was an acrimonious atmosphere around the place, too, that wasn't helping any of the players to give of their best. It wasn't very nice being a Hibs supporter last season, and a lot of that was down to the hangover of bitterness from Mowbray leaving, Collins failing, Mixu floundering, no sense of purpose or direction in team development, too many mediocre-to-rank-bad players signed apparently at random.... I could go on.

I'm sorry that Mixu couldn't do what Yogi has been doing, but right now I feel that Hibs are getting back into their rightful place on the football map - players on international call-up, young talent breaking into the first team and making us excited, the team playing attractive attacking football, and sound financial and organisational structures underpinning the work of the team manager and coaches.

I'm too old to get carried away, but I feel as optimistic right now as I ever have - one day at a time, of course....

leither17
25-10-2009, 01:31 PM
GREEN ARMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lhaha:thumbsup:

--------
25-10-2009, 01:44 PM
GREEN ARMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lhaha:thumbsup:

YOGI HUGHES'S BIG GREEN BARMY ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

Dashing Bob S
25-10-2009, 01:53 PM
I've been hugely impressed with Yogi since day 1 at the club. He's very careful about what he says, and while it's important that he is inspirational and motivational to the players, what makes him tick is that his message is consistent. The players know exactly what he is looking for and what the expectation levels are from him.

That said, I think Aberdeen on Saturday is a bigger test for Hibs than Rangers were - we knew we had to be on the top of our game to take anything from Rangers because we were facing the Champions desperate to get three points to prove a point.

Aberdeen come to Easter Road with Hibs as favourites. The telling factor for us is how we react to this game. Approach it with a 'must win' attitude and getting right up for it shows that the mindset is right at the club and that we can probably push on for third.

However, a defeat - while not being the end of the world - will raise questions of how consistent we are capable of being.

FWIW, we remain the best side I have seen this season. We were awful against Hamilton but we have shown that was a blip. Since then some of our performances have been terrific.

There was also the St Johnstone games, where we got more than we deserved in the League game and exactly what we deserved in the cup game.

I think though, that performances have improved steadily, and the one at Ibrox was the best, because Rangers played as well as they have all season and we matched them comfortably.

I agree that Aberdeen and then Hearts are the biggest games for us so far. Along with Dundee United, those clubs will still, over the piece, be expected to be our main challengers. Yogi had been brilliant, but we need to maintain our discipline with suspensions, be lucky with injuries and have a decent transfer window.

Also, November is traditionally a bad month for Hibs. The pitches start to cut up and it makes our passing game more problematic. I'd settle for us being in this position after New Year.

--------
25-10-2009, 02:01 PM
There was also the St Johnstone games, where we got more than we deserved in the League game and exactly what we deserved in the cup game.

I think though, that performances have improved steadily, and the one at Ibrox was the best, because Rangers played as well as they have all season and we matched them comfortably.

I agree that Aberdeen and then Hearts are the biggest games for us so far. Along with Dundee United, those clubs will still, over the piece, be expected to be our main challengers. Yogi had been brilliant, but we need to maintain our discipline with suspensions, be lucky with injuries and have a decent transfer window.

Also, November is traditionally a bad month for Hibs. The pitches start to cut up and it makes our passing game more problematic. I'd settle for us being in this position after New Year.