PDA

View Full Version : Bluenose view of the game

blueisthecolour
24-10-2009, 06:44 PM
First of all, well done to your team today some good football, I also think we played some good football aswell, I have read some views of fans saying you should have won the game, if you took your chances maybe you could have but that goes for us aswell.

I thought both goalkeepers had a superb game, which says alot about the way the game was played in an attacking manner.

During the week all I read was the ref will give rangers a penalty ect, well he could have a couple of times but didn't Samba'a hand ball when he was on the ground and a barge on Davis in the box, so lets put the refs favour rangers argument to bed.

The hibs player stokes took his goal superbly althought from my point of view the defence could have done better, Nish (i think) at the end had the chance to finish it if he took the shot first time, why he did'nt on he can say.

Overall a good game of football and a draw a fair result.

cocopops1875
24-10-2009, 06:46 PM
First of all, well done to your team today some good football, I also think we played some good football aswell, I have read some views of fans saying you should have won the game, if you took your chances maybe you could have but that goes for us aswell.

I thought both goalkeepers had a superb game, which says alot about the way the game was played in an attacking manner.

During the week all I read was the ref will give rangers a penalty ect, well he could have a couple of times but didn't Samba'a hand ball when he was on the ground and a barge on Davis in the box, so lets put the refs favour rangers argument to bed.

The hibs player stokes took his goal superbly althought from my point of view the defence could have done better, Nish (i think) at the end had the chance to finish it if he took the shot first time, why he did'nt on he can say.

have to say that was a fairly reasonable review :thumbsup:

matty_f
24-10-2009, 06:48 PM

Kris Boyd likes a dive, and I see he got booked 4-1 today. What was your view of that incident?

cocopops1875
that said there was also whittakers blatent handball that was given as a corner even tho the ball never went out :wink:

The_Horde
And who is Samba?

Big_D
Who is this Samba character ?

joejoefaemexico
24-10-2009, 06:49 PM
have to say that was a fairly reasonable review :thumbsup:

was thinking likewise.:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
I agree with blueisthecolour. Stack kept us in the game like McGregor did for them.

Although I'm not sure who the Samba guy is?

cocopops1875
Kris Boyd likes a dive, and I see he got booked 4-1 today. What was your view of that incident?
also all over anyone who was marking him could have easily went off if he had of been booked for persistant fouling:wink:

lEXO
24-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Aye, i thought it was a great game.Two teams going for it.Shat it at the end when Novo scored, but the linesman got it spot on(as he did with stokes dissallowed goal).
Surprisingly pleased with refs performance,he usually gives us nowt.Agree that a draw was a fair result.

matty_f
24-10-2009, 06:50 PM
I agree with blueisthecolour. Stack kept us in the game like McGregor did for them.

Although I'm not sure who the Samba guy is?

:agree: Both sides will feel that they could have won the game.

Thought it was a cracking match, to be honest.

stevie-bee
24-10-2009, 06:51 PM
And who is Samba?

adidas?

Killiehibbie
24-10-2009, 06:52 PM
The huns behind me were wondering if Hibs were the home team and League Champions at times in the 2nd half.

lEXO
adidas?
Is he not our trainer?
:wink:

H1bs6H3arts2 FC

aye a fair summary - i was there & totally enjoyed a very good game - end to end stuff & some good passing moves from both teams !!! :agree:

another couple of signings in jan & keep all our top performers & we will be on yer coat tails come may !!! :thumbsup:

col02
24-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Must be a tad worrying for Rangers fans being current league champions and at home yet content to play counter attacking football against Hibs! Imagine what Hibs could do with the resources Rangers or Celtic have at their disposal yet you don't hear our fans bleating on about it being an uneven playing field.

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Must be a tad worrying for Rangers fans being current league champions and at home yet content to play counter attacking football against Hibs! Imagine what Hibs could do with the resources Rangers or Celtic have at their disposal yet you don't hear our fans bleating on about it being an uneven playing field.

It's like a water pistol vs a machine gun for clubs like us - yet to you hear us whinge about it?

monktonharp
24-10-2009, 06:58 PM

Overall a good game of football and a draw a fair result.:agree:summed it up very well.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2009, 07:01 PM
I thought the hun Sapac was their best player.

blueisthecolour
24-10-2009, 07:05 PM
And who is Samba?

I should have known better I have BAMBA in my dreamteam:hilarious

blackhibee
24-10-2009, 07:05 PM

Yep, totally agree with your assesment of the game. It sounded like a cracking game overall. Unfortunately I didn't agree with Smith's comments on Sportsound, but then he virtually never gives Hibs credit at any time so I shouldn't really be surprised.

greenlex
24-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Thought *****taker did well for them.

blueisthecolour
24-10-2009, 07:07 PM

He didn't, he got booked for throwing the ball in to the net.

cocopops1875
24-10-2009, 07:09 PM
but do you feel he should have been booked already?

blueisthecolour
24-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Yep, totally agree with your assesment of the game. It sounded like a cracking game overall. Unfortunately I didn't agree with Smith's comments on Sportsound, but then he virtually never gives Hibs credit at any time so I shouldn't really be surprised.

I didn't hear what he said on sportsound but on clyde he praised hibs for there attacking.

PISTOL1875
24-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I didn't hear what he said on sportsound but on clyde he praised hibs for there attacking.

Did he praise the ref for not booking McGregor for barging Stokes and not booking Davis for taking out McBride ( I THINK ) from behind ???

Tomsk
24-10-2009, 07:15 PM

Neither of the penalty claims had any substance.

Really good game though. Could have been 5-each. Papac's strike was as clean as I have ever seen a ball hit.

Tomsk
24-10-2009, 07:17 PM

No, he didn't. He got booked for diving.

wazoo1875
24-10-2009, 07:18 PM

Good assessment of the game mate , i watched the game online , thought both teams had the chances to win the game and both keepers were immense .
One of the best games i have seen at Ibrox between hibs and rangers and overall a draw was a fair result .
That said our manager will be the happier of the two :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
24-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Fantastic performance by Hibs today, bar the first 15 minutes when we looked a bit nervous and stood off them far too much.

The second half in particular was very impressive and on another day, we would have won the game.

However, having said that, Rangers also had their fair share of chances and I think that a draw was about right.

A special mention has to go to Ian Murray and Sol Bamba, who I thought were absolutely brilliant today.

The fans were also superb throughout the whole game. :thumbsup:

blueisthecolour
24-10-2009, 07:21 PM
but do you feel he should have been booked already?

No I don't think there was much cause for booking, game was played in a good spirit

blueisthecolour
24-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Did he praise the ref for not booking McGregor for barging Stokes and not booking Davis for taking out McBride ( I THINK ) from behind ???

I was speaking to my mates about this after the game, he has a habbit of doing this, eventually it will backfire and cost us.

monktonharp
24-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Yep, totally agree with your assesment of the game. It sounded like a cracking game overall. Unfortunately I didn't agree with Smith's comments on Sportsound, but then he virtually never gives Hibs credit at any time so I shouldn't really be surprised.walter smith was obviously talking up his ain team,but give a complementary few words too ,of the opposition. all you can ask/expect is it not?

PISTOL1875
24-10-2009, 07:24 PM
I was speaking to my mates about this after the game, he has a habbit of doing this, eventually it will backfire and cost us.

Then Stokes pushed him on the shoulder and went down holding his face ?? What's that all about ???

blueisthecolour
24-10-2009, 07:25 PM
No, he didn't. He got booked for diving.

Are you sure mate, the ref didn't look to be reaching for a card untill he tossed the ball away, I heard on the radio they said it was for diving then corrected that and said it was for tossing the ball away.

blueisthecolour
24-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Then Stokes pushed him on the shoulder and went down holding his face ?? What's that all about ???

You don't have to tell me mate, it happen every other week

greenlex
24-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Are you sure mate, the ref didn't look to be reaching for a card untill he tossed the ball away, I heard on the radio they said it was for diving then corrected that and said it was for tossing the ball away.
Fair play to the ref. doesn't matter if he booked him for diving or being a tosser they are both the same in my book.

PISTOL1875
24-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Fair play to the ref. doesn't matter if he booked him for diving or being a tosser they are both the same in my book.

A fat tosser .. Get it right next time....

Tomsk
24-10-2009, 07:35 PM

So. why did the referee stop the game? Think about it.

euro Hibby
24-10-2009, 07:36 PM
maybe the first 15 minutes and the first 15 minutes second half we were in difficulty. After that we gave as good as we got and played good controlled attacking football and could have won and could have lost. Over the piece, if we played them again tomorrow I think we would win.........Thats important because it should carry us to vistories over Aberdeen and Hearts.

matty_f
24-10-2009, 07:36 PM

:agree: I thought he was booked for what was a fairly blatant dive.

Deek01
24-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Who is this Samba character ?

I was wondering why he wasn't playing for Blackburn against Chelsea today !!

Since when did we sign him:wink:

blueisthecolour
24-10-2009, 09:45 PM
I was wondering why he wasn't playing for Blackburn against Chelsea today !!

Since when did we sign him:wink:
Already been covered:wink:

hibs0666
24-10-2009, 09:56 PM
And who is Samba?

I think you know fine who the poster is referring to. And Boyle is a cheating diving barsteward. :wink:

HibsNibs
24-10-2009, 09:57 PM
What's your view on Smith's admission that your club is already effectively in administration ? "Rangers is being run by the bank"

Is there a white knight waiting in the wings so you'll be able to continue raping Scottish football like you have for decades or will you have to live within your means and pay down the debt for the next few decades ?

blueisthecolour
24-10-2009, 10:02 PM
What's your view on Smith's admission that your club is already effectively in administration ? "Rangers is being run by the bank"

Is there a white knight waiting in the wings so you'll be able to continue raping Scottish football like you have for decades or will you have to live within your means and pay down the debt for the next few decades ?

Its no shock, we all knew that anyway, not making a signing in a year and a half tells you that, The reports going about on several radio stations is there is someone looking to buy us, according to one station a rangers spokeman contacted them to let us know that rangers will not be taken over in the next fortnight as was suggested, so I reckon 3 weeks:faf:, seriously I think there is folk looking to take over but when it will happen is anyones guess.

blueisthecolour
24-10-2009, 10:04 PM
I think you know fine who the poster is referring to. And Boyle is a cheating diving barsteward. :wink:

Why are you bringing celtic's celeb fan in to this:duck:

zeetelee
24-10-2009, 10:11 PM
lol:greengrin

HibsNibs
24-10-2009, 10:14 PM
seriously I think there is folk looking to take over but when it will happen is anyones guess.

have the Klan got that kind of dosh ?

Andy Bee
24-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Its no shock, we all knew that anyway, not making a signing in a year and a half tells you that, The reports going about on several radio stations is there is someone looking to buy us, according to one station a rangers spokeman contacted them to let us know that rangers will not be taken over in the next fortnight as was suggested, so I reckon 3 weeks:faf:, seriously I think there is folk looking to take over but when it will happen is anyones guess.

Anyone picturing Russian hats, submarines and forty thousand empty planning application boxes :dunno:

Fantic
24-10-2009, 10:36 PM
first of all, well done to your team today some good football, i also think we played some good football aswell, i have read some views of fans saying you should have won the game, if you took your chances maybe you could have but that goes for us aswell.

During the week all i read was the ref will give rangers a penalty ect, well he could have a couple of times but didn't samba'a hand ball when he was on the ground and a barge on davis in the box, so lets put the refs favour rangers argument to bed.

The hibs player stokes took his goal superbly althought from my point of view the defence could have done better, nish (i think) at the end had the chance to finish it if he took the shot first time, why he did'nt on he can say.

ltyf

blueisthecolour
24-10-2009, 10:49 PM
ltyf

Sorry mate, can I ask what this means:confused:

MSK
24-10-2009, 10:52 PM
ltyf

Sorry mate, can I ask what this means:confused:It means launch the yam fud ..he is obviously confused between the full fat huns & the diet huns ...:greengrin

blueisthecolour
24-10-2009, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=blueisthecolour;2217069]It means launch the yam fud ..he is obviously confused between the full fat huns & the diet huns ...:greengrin

Cheers.

Pete
24-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Give the boy a break FFS!

He seems quite reasonable and some are letting their own views of what they think Rangers as a club are all about take over.

There are a lot of decent Rangers fans out there who, believe it or not, only want to talk about football and not get caught up in all the other stuff.

Fantic
24-10-2009, 10:59 PM
[QUOTE=blueisthecolour;2217069]It means launch the yam fud ..he is obviously confused between the full fat huns & the diet huns ...:greengrin

Whats the difference.

BS44
25-10-2009, 12:19 AM

Apart from the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half i thought your mob were awful today. We dominated the midfield and passed your lot off the park. Your keeper was your best player today.

villager
25-10-2009, 05:46 AM
Overall a good game of football and a draw a fair result.[/QUOTE]

you just went up in my estimation.....

from zero to one. :greengrin

Borders Hibby
25-10-2009, 07:10 AM

Your club needs to bring through their own talent, as does the other ugly sister, maybe this financial crisis will make you both use your resources better and could in the long run benefit Scottish football. Or when the going gets a bit tough you could propose a move to England!

Imagine the infirm brought through talent like Thomshun, Broon, Naismith, Whitty, Riordan, Boyd etc. We might even have a decent national team!:agree:

H18sry
25-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Your club needs to bring through their own talent, as does the other ugly sister, maybe this financial crisis will make you both use your resources better and could in the long run benefit Scottish football. Or when the going gets a bit tough you could propose a move to England!

Imagine the infirm brought through talent like Thomshun, Broon, Naismith, Whitty, Riordan, Boyd etc. We might even have a decent national team!:agree:

:grr: you went too far there :devil:

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2009, 08:26 AM

I prefer to imagine just how many knuckle draggers would be turning up each week, if they had not won the league in 50 years?

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-10-2009, 10:34 AM
When I saw the title was bluenose view of the game, I expected the back page of the Sunday Mail to pull up. Same old same old to be honest. :yawn:

brog
25-10-2009, 10:49 AM
walter smith was obviously talking up his ain team,but give a complementary few words too ,of the opposition. all you can ask/expect is it not?

On the radio, Watty tried to defend his tactics vs Uritrea by saying Hibs also only played with 1 up front, oh & one playing off him. The man's a tactical genius, let's get him back for Scotland!

Dunbar Hibee
25-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Give the boy a break FFS!

He seems quite reasonable and some are letting their own views of what they think Rangers as a club are all about take over.

There are a lot of decent Rangers fans out there who, believe it or not, only want to talk about football and not get caught up in all the other stuff.

not many.. but i agree blueisthecolour has not said or done anything wrong in this thread so maybe some posters should lay off:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
25-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Its always good to hear other fans opinions, there is no need to tell them tae GTF, it keeps the board lively,especially when jambos are on.

andrew_dundee
25-10-2009, 05:42 PM
not allowing rival fans on your board is yam behaviour- i say that as someone who is banned from JKB!!!!

blueisthecolour seems like a decent guy who happens to support the Huns

was a good result for us but if i were Walter Smith i would be worried for my job...