PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen next week

Sprouleflyer
24-10-2009, 04:39 PM
The Hibs players will rightly be buzzing after todays draw at Ibrox, but with Aberdeen visiting us next week we need to keep our feet firmly on the ground.

Aberdeen will be hurting after todays result and if we go into the dons game with a "we just need to turn up" attitude we could be in for a shock.

We need a good display and result next week to set up the derby and with Hearts away to Motherwell (?) next week, we may head into the derby out of sight of the big team..........christ!!! even I can't keep my feet firmly on the ground....Cmon the Hibs!!!!!!!

weedgiehibbie
24-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Excellent point, i think in back to back seasons we picked up a win or a result anyway agains rangers then the following week at home - to falkirk i think - we lost, shwoing the inconsistency that hibs have

heres hoping though yogi can kick out that problem though and use this result and performance to build on for the rest of the season :agree:

PISTOL1875
24-10-2009, 04:58 PM
The Hibs players will rightly be buzzing after todays draw at Ibrox, but with Aberdeen visiting us next week we need to keep our feet firmly on the ground.

Aberdeen will be hurting after todays result and if we go into the dons game with a "we just need to turn up" attitude we could be in for a shock.

We need a good display and result next week to set up the derby and with Hearts away to Motherwell (?) next week, we may head into the derby out of sight of the big team..........christ!!! even I can't keep my feet firmly on the ground....Cmon the Hibs!!!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::top marks:top marks:top marks

Hibercelona
24-10-2009, 04:59 PM
We need to win next week.... no matter what.

Dundee Utd have St Johnstone next week... and I don't seem them dropping any points.

Mind you.... they still have both of the manks to play.

Bob Box Fish
24-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Lets hope we can get a near sell out next week if we cant do it in these games we never will!

Sprouleflyer
24-10-2009, 05:01 PM
We need to win next week.... no matter what.

Dundee Utd have St Johnstone next week... and I don't seem them dropping any points.

Mind you.... they still have both of the manks to play.

Really, I though they already played St Johnstone in Perth, 3-2 to united was it not?

Jim44
24-10-2009, 05:03 PM

'Hurting' wasn't a good enough spur for Rangers today and they're hurting even more this evening. I'm not unduly concerned about Aberdeen's frame of mind after their result today. Hughes will have Hibs properly keyed up for the Don's visit which I expect us to win at a canter.

Hibercelona
24-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Really, I though they already played St Johnstone in Perth, 3-2 to united was it not?

My mistake...

They have St Johnstone in the CIS mid week.

Then they have Rangers at the weekend. :agree:

Sprouleflyer
24-10-2009, 05:04 PM

Checked the predictor and United are not on the listing same as Rangers, so it must be United V Rangers next Sunday.

Wee Hibee you are right, easy win for United.

Keith_M
24-10-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm coming over on Friday for the first time in AGES so defo getting to the game. Can't wait.

Vienna Hibernian, coming to a pub near you very soon....

:thumbsup:

col02
24-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Lets hope we can get a near sell out next week if we cant do it in these games we never will!

:agree: A big and noisy home support will see the team go into the derby match with a fair bit confidence I am sure. Think after last season when fans turned against the team with relative ease this is a chance to make amends by backing a side that has something special about it!

Hiber-nation
24-10-2009, 06:12 PM

Exactly, no excuses. What do some folk actually want that'll persuade them to get their erses along to the game?

Hibercelona
24-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Exactly, no excuses. What do some folk actually want that'll persuade them to get their erses along to the game?

Comfy leather seats and some half time prawn sandwiches. :wink:

Seriously though.... I'll be there next week to support my team... like I have every home game... and i'm not even a season ticket holder.

Sylar
24-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Hopefully my first home game of this season next weekend! Been rediculously busy the last few months, and haven't seen a game since our opening day visit to Falkirk!

We need a win next weekend, no matter what, as no result from the Rangers vs United game will be ideal for us!

HIBERNIALEITH
24-10-2009, 08:13 PM

Erm, money? That would defo help! Other than that, a babysitter and I'll save up during the week to get there!

Was there last week and watched the game online 2day - much better 2day!!!

ronaldo7
24-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Comfy leather seats and some half time prawn sandwitches. :wink:

Seriously though.... I'll be there next week to support my team... like I have every home game... and i'm not even a season ticket holder.

Is that the Beaches Coven Branch:wink:

Proud Dub
25-10-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm headin over from Dublin next weekend myself . Have been lookin at the club website & can't buy tickets online . Will I get tickets on Saturday morning or any other ideas ? Only need 1 High up in the west or FF are fine

hibbie02
25-10-2009, 08:54 AM

What no half time buffet? You are a food obsessive! :agree:

forthhibby
25-10-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm headin over from Dublin next weekend myself . Have been lookin at the club website & can't buy tickets online . Will I get tickets on Saturday morning or any other ideas ? Only need 1 High up in the west or FF are fine

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/LatestTicketNews/

NYHibby
25-10-2009, 12:25 PM
I believe this is the last game with paper tickets. So if you have any sentimental attachment to them, this is the game to go to.

chipmunk hibby
25-10-2009, 02:04 PM

your kind of right. if we go in acting all smart weel get whipped

forthhibby
25-10-2009, 02:48 PM
your kind of right. if we go in acting all smart weel get whipped

don't think we'll need to worry, this week was all about huns being there for the taking, but yogi played that down, i'm sure from monday morning all that has gone before will be forgotten and yogi will have players in right frame of mind to face the sheep.

Onceinawhile
25-10-2009, 03:09 PM
I believe this is the last game with paper tickets. So if you have any sentimental attachment to them, this is the game to go to.

Only in the west though

BEEJ
25-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Hughes will have Hibs properly keyed up for the Don's visit which I expect us to win at a canter.
The Dons have yet to lose away from home but have scored only seven goals overall in nine SPL matches. Guess what their game plan will be next week? :greengrin

If we manage to break them down in the first half and they have to revert to the unfamiliar Plan B, it could go on to be a cricket score for us. Just as likely, however, is another 1-0 home victory for us or a 0-0 draw.

Dare I say, 0-1 is not unthinkable either.

Proud Dub
25-10-2009, 06:02 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/LatestTicketNews/

Cheers Forth , but you need to set up an account to do that . I'm gonna try e-mailing the club ticket office .

Fife-Hibee
25-10-2009, 07:28 PM

Seriously though.... I'll be there next week to support my team... like I have every home game... and i'm not even a season ticket holder. Will be next season though mate :wink:

Hibercelona
25-10-2009, 07:31 PM
[/B] Will be next season though mate :wink:

What have I telt ye! :grr:

:wink:

_hucks_
25-10-2009, 07:32 PM

Train Ticket?

Hibercelona
25-10-2009, 07:33 PM
What no half time buffet? You are a food obsessive! :agree:

I've been spending too much time hanging around with Christian Nade. :duck:

Fife-Hibee
25-10-2009, 07:33 PM
What have I telt ye! :grr:

:wink:

You know it makes sense :thumbsup:

_hucks_
25-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Seriously though, having just watched the BBC highlights of the Dons Utd game this weekend, it looked like Aberdeen didn't actually play all that bad. Whilst I'm wary of relying on it as a source, it looked like utd had a wee purple patch in the middle of the game but all in all were not as good as Aberdeen. We need to keep the feet on the ground, and go into this game with the right attitude if we're to pick up the three points and set ourselves up nicely for the derby.

Hibercelona
25-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Is that the Beaches Coven Branch:wink:

Aye, alright smart arse. :wink:

Sorted. :greengrin

Hibercelona
25-10-2009, 07:38 PM
You know it makes sense :thumbsup:

You and your power of persuasion. :wink:

Hamish
25-10-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm coming over on Friday for the first time in AGES so defo getting to the game. Can't wait.

Vienna Hibernian, coming to a pub near you very soon....

I am afraid that means nothing to me.

shagpile
25-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Seriously though, having just watched the BBC highlights of the Dons Utd game this weekend, it looked like Aberdeen didn't actually play all that bad. Whilst I'm wary of relying on it as a source, it looked like utd had a wee purple patch in the middle of the game but all in all were not as good as Aberdeen. We need to keep the feet on the ground, and go into this game with the right attitude if we're to pick up the three points and set ourselves up nicely for the derby.

I watched the re run of the game on ALBA & apart from aberdeen missing two sitters, the arabs looked pretty comfortable.

blackhibee
25-10-2009, 09:58 PM
I agree we have to keep our feet on the ground, but there's every chance that with home games for Hibs and Celtic next week, Rangers could be in third place by the end of the weekend. I've seen Aberdeen 1 or 2 times this season in highlights admittedly, but to me they look poor. Celtic have a home game against Kilmarnock, and Rangers have easily the hardest game of the top 3 at Tannadice. Interesting times....

_hucks_
25-10-2009, 10:28 PM
I watched the re run of the game on ALBA & apart from aberdeen missing two sitters, the arabs looked pretty comfortable.

Probably just the poor quality of the BBC highlights then. However, the two sitters were both at the beggining of the game and could have changed the complexion of the whole match. But then, thats just a 'what if?'.

EuanH78
25-10-2009, 10:49 PM
I am afraid that means nothing to me.

Oh?