PDA

View Full Version : Liam miller

Scooter
24-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Second half he was excellent:thumbsup:

he has to be one of our best signings since king frank:agree:

MountcastleHibs
24-10-2009, 04:32 PM
As much as it pains me to say it, he's too good for the SPL.

Superb player, who imo, has been excellent in every game he's played for us.

The longer he stays the better for us :thumbsup:

Kaiser1962
24-10-2009, 05:07 PM
As much as it pains me to say it, he's too good for the SPL.

Superb player, who imo, has been excellent in every game he's played for us.

The longer he stays the better for us :thumbsup:

Getting better every game. Has struck up a good partnership with McBride. Cant believe that the Falkirk fans slag McBride off.

RoYO!
24-10-2009, 05:12 PM
and to think that hibs were getting slagged off by 'them' saying that he was past it and had made his money so wouldnt turn out good performances.

it really is a great time to be a hibby :thumbsup:

a large number of the players that are getting singled out as 'key' each week werent here last year so thats a great testament to yogi. sincere- well done! :thumbsup:

Haymaker
24-10-2009, 05:15 PM
The boy is different class... After last season I can honestly say I cannot believe some of the talent we have... its just incredible we have gone from signing dross (zarabi et al) to players with champions league experience!

Im loving it! :greengrin

SolentHibee
24-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Lots of great stuff from posters giving Yogi credit for the Hibees turnaround and lots of optimism as weel. My own feeling is that Miller has been the key over the last few weeks, and how really lucky were we to get him? I think we would have seen an improvement this season but how much of what we have achieved so far is down to Miller? And how would we have performed without him?

Sometimes good managers are just lucky managers?

The second half today he was the best player on the park and I still cannnot believe we have a player of his quality. My biggest fear is that he has a release clause.

But enough of the pessimism, this man can light up our season, what a player!

woody47
24-10-2009, 09:46 PM
How long is his contract? Hopefully we can extend it so that when he moves on, as he will do, at least we can make some more money:greengrin

Expecting Rain
24-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Stokes and Miller are classy signings, Benji and Zemmama are back doing the business, more still to come from the latter, we know what Riordan and Murray can do, Bamba is large than life and the young laddie Wotherspoon has come from nowhere, oh i almost forgot, the unsung hero McBride, i feel a change comin` on.

jodjam
24-10-2009, 09:48 PM
i love watching miller. you could throw him the ball in a crowded pub and he would make space

Expecting Rain
24-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Quit Celtic on freedom of contract.:greengrin

Riordans Boots
24-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Second half he was excellent:thumbsup:

he has to be one of our best signings since king frank:agree:

:agree: Great player and a quality addition to Hibernian FC.

--------
25-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Miller and McBride are a terrific core to the team.

I can't work out why the Falkirk fans were so insistent that McBride was rubbish - he's been excellent every time I've seen him so far, a really hard worker with a lot of skill as well. Miller gives us the forward drive we've been needing, and IMO he has a lot to do with the way Zouma's been blossoming recently.

Miller, McBride, Zouma, Benji, Deek and Stokes - if Carlsberg made forwards.... :devil:

Haymaker
25-10-2009, 12:50 AM

I can't work out why the Falkirk fans were so insistent that McBride was rubbish - he's been excellent every time I've seen him so far, a really hard worker with a lot of skill as well. Miller gives us the forward drive we've been needing, and IMO he has a lot to do with the way Zouma's been blossoming recently.

Miller, McBride, Zouma, Benji, Deek and Stokes - if Carlsberg made forwards.... :devil:

McBride has undoubted ability, he will never be the best player in the world but this is a team game. At Falkirk etc he may have had to perform a job he wasnt actually that great at. What McBride brings to a team is a man who is composed and will collect and cover. With a partner like miller with Zouma and Deeks wide... its perfect. He provides the ball to his more "attack minded" players if you will whilst cutting out and covering where needed.

The boy is just what we have needed for years.

NOLA
25-10-2009, 01:53 AM
as mentioned before McBride is the Hamilton + Miller the McGinlay early signs encouraging! Barry partnership:agree:

Borders Hibby
25-10-2009, 08:21 AM
as mentioned before McBride is the Hamilton + Miller the McGinlay early signs encouraging! Barry partnership:agree:

Spot on!:agree:

sean
25-10-2009, 09:00 AM
one of the best starts to hibs career i can remeber. awesome player who has so much time,does the simple thing well.

excellent player

James Connolly
25-10-2009, 09:14 AM
How long is his contract? Hopefully we can extend it so that when he moves on, as he will do, at least we can make some more money:greengrin

He signed on a 2 year contract, if I mind right.

Another top drawer performance yesterday!:thumbsup:

basehibby
25-10-2009, 09:26 AM

I don't think it was much to do with football - as far as I know there was some sort of spat which resulted in McBride aiming criticism at the Bairns support - criticism which was erm ... not very well received.
As would happen at many clubs, sections of the support turned against him and started giving him pelters for any and every reason - dunno if this subsequently affected his performances but it certainly resulted in some pretty inacurate "critiques" from the Falkirk fans as to his strengths and weaknesses.

--------
25-10-2009, 09:41 AM
I don't think it was much to do with football - as far as I know there was some sort of spat which resulted in McBride aiming criticism at the Bairns support - criticism which was erm ... not very well received.
As would happen at many clubs, sections of the support turned against him and started giving him pelters for any and every reason - dunno if this subsequently affected his performances but it certainly resulted in some pretty inacurate "critiques" from the Falkirk fans as to his strengths and weaknesses.

Aye, well - I seem to remember the same thing happening with one or two of our guys over the years. Brian Hamilton springs to mind. :rolleyes:

Liam certainly looked relaxed and content with life on that last interview - at least until the Yeti turned up .... :devil:

I'd like to think we could maybe get Liam Miller onto a longer contract - as said, he's obviously a class act, the sort of player we 'used' to sign as a matter of course. Even if we don't though, he's good enough that even the two years of his present contract and an amicable parting at the end of it would be something to cherish.

Just so long as Yogi has someone lined up to take his place.

But who knows where we'll be in eighteen months' time? :devil:

Craig_in_Prague
25-10-2009, 10:07 AM
He's absolutely fantastic.
If we have him beyond this season, I'll be surprised.

Very much enjoyed the game yesterday, the huns had some great chances, but so did we. We played some top notch football, passing around and short sharp passes, was so easy on the eye. We didn't win like Collins or TM did there, but IMO yesterday was the best performance.
We look classy in the white strip and get performances to match.

GGTTH
:flag::flag:

lyonhibs
25-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Took the mickey for a 20 minute period after our goal in the 2nd half. Just so serene on the ball, and far too good for the kick and hack fest that is the SPL.

Every game he plays for us is an absolute bonus - can't believe that some Spazzy McGhee Yams were claiming he was "past it" when they've got King Mikey Stewart captaining their floundering ship from central midifeld.

HibeePaj
25-10-2009, 10:55 AM
All my mates that are Celtic fans were slaggin us off for signing him..
i was a little hasty when i heard, but has to be one of our best signings in years.. Played immense yesterday IMHO. and played a big part in leaving us only a point behind Celtic after 8 games.
FANTASTIC

paget

jdships
25-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Getting better every game. Has struck up a good partnership with McBride. Cant believe that the Falkirk fans slag McBride off.

To be fair strikers usually work well as a pair while in midfield it is much more difficult to get a balance due to numbers involved.
Here , by accident or whatever, we have just about got the balance right in midfield .
Let's just enjoy "the steals of the season " !!

:flag:

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-10-2009, 11:19 AM

IMO McBride was our star player yesterday. Doing the dirty work so that the other players can do the pretty stuff. Falkirk must be really out of luck this season, given that Eddie May made it public that he would not have featured in his plans even if we had not be interested. They must be some side.

Alex Trager
25-10-2009, 12:46 PM
superb player, every game he's been getting better and better, i for one especially enjoyed him at mitherwell, linking up with zouma and riordan troumendously:top marks

500miles
25-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Who's to say that if Yogi can get these guys enjoying thier football, that they won't stick around? Look at Sauzee, Zitelli and Latapy. Yeah, they were on a good wage, but they could have been making far more in England and on the continent.

Most football players start out, not thinking of big houses and cars, but simply wanting to be a football player. Miller is a made man - if Yogi can tap into the mentality above, he might stick around till he's finished as a player - he's 28 already, not many big moves left. It's a big ask though.

--------
25-10-2009, 01:53 PM
IMO McBride was our star player yesterday. Doing the dirty work so that the other players can do the pretty stuff. Falkirk must be really out of luck this season, given that Eddie May made it public that he would not have featured in his plans even if we had not be interested. They must be some side.

Eddie doesn't appear to be the brightest bulb in the chandelier sometimes....

Every team needs a grafter in the midfield, and Kevin fits that bill perfectly as far as I can see.

Just a thought - I noticed Barry the Ned got booked yesterday playing for Brum. (He still has that petted spoiled girn on his face that makes my right fist itch, btw.)

Just how much did Eck pay for the dubious privilege of being able to call on HIS over-rated services - when he could have had Kevin and Liam on frees? :devil: