PDA

View Full Version : Hibs performance today

Nameless
24-10-2009, 03:57 PM
We were AWESOME:agree:

I am so very very proud of every man who played today. I can't believe how much control we had. More possesion, more shots on goal, more corners, we owned Ibrox today. Stokes goal was superb, and he could have had another 2.

Billychaotic182
24-10-2009, 03:59 PM

I am so very very proud of every man who played today. I can't believe how much control we had. More possesion, more shots on goal, more corners, we owned Ibrox today. Stokes goal was superb, and he could have had another 2.

I though our defence was very poor and if it was not for stack we would have been humped

but every other player was awesome!!!!

hibiedude
24-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Can some it up in word SUPERB

Rangers hanging on at the end says it all

xyz23jc
24-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Totally agree dude! Like the avatar, kwality! Black Panthers rool!

SRHibs
24-10-2009, 04:00 PM
From what I saw we were pretty decent apart from the 1st 15 minutes of the second half.

Nameless
24-10-2009, 04:04 PM
I know we had a few "moments", but I do not think we looked out of our depth, and for the vast majority of the match, looked composed and in charge:agree: Today we played as a TEAM, everybody working for each other, and a special mention for McBride, as I thought he was very selfless in his work.

Leithenhibby
24-10-2009, 04:04 PM

:agree: made hard work of the chance he had at the end, just like my school report card...Can do better :greengrin

Delboy4
24-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Just watched the game on my laptop and thought the boys played brilliant.
Stoke's goal was out of this world - If Rooney done that in the EPL they would be talking about it for months to come.
GGTTH
:thumbsup:

hibiedude
We went there and showed then no respect and thats the attitude to take this season when going to Glasgow.

The crowd got on rangers backs 2nd half and it showed.

Frank Moon
Some of the confident play in midfield was superb.

All we need is a quality right back and I'm afraid a replacement for Hogg. He hasn't got the football skills to play in that team. All the players apart from him are comfortable on the ball. He gives possession away too often.

Green Man
24-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Stokes's goal had me close to tears. It was beautiful.

Riordans Boots
Good game and well played to Hibs.

Would have loved another goal and 3 points - but hey ... am happy with 1 point :thumbsup:

GGTTH:flag:

euro Hibby
occasionally slack , Yogi did well to give Wotherspoon a break. Stack, Bamba and Murry immense. Mcbride intelligent, when a defender went up he stayed put. Load of chances, a draw just about right and some goal from stokes.

Maybe maybe we are onto something............

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2009, 04:07 PM
We we superb, every player looked very comfortable on the ball, we could have won it, although they could say the same. As has been said, we did not look out of place, the passing and movement was brilliant, the future looks great, progress can be seen. Its a good time to be a hibby.:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2009, 04:12 PM
We went there and showed then no respect and thats the attitude to take this season when going to Glasgow.

The crowd got on rangers backs 2nd half and it showed.

Why would anybody want to show respect for bigoted oafs with personal hygiene issues? A pub team from some east European country tore them up for toilet paper. Hibs were one shot away from doing the same. The huns are garbage.

Ell_Chrisso
24-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Great point, but could have been more.

Unfortunatly had twenty quid on us today, which has went down the tubes to Nish not taking that simple chance at the end :(

I thought we played well midfield forward. Miller was yet again SUPERB. great passes, touch, and composure. Benji was far too ineffective today. He didnt look interested. and we all know ourselves thats why he hasn't been snapped up by a club, as he has too many games where is hot and cold.
Great finish from Stokes. Class act when he is in the mood, but he should have scored another when it opened up in the middle, and decided to try take another def on instead of rifling it into the net!
Defence didnt doo too badly, i think it was more the fact we couldnt pass it out from the back, like we normally do well, that put us under pressure, and fortunatly for us, Stack was on hand to make 3-4 really good saves today...

All in all, as much as we had the ball, and probably had more chances... a point is something to take with confidence.

Nameless
24-10-2009, 04:15 PM
It was good to see Hughes making positive subs near the end. Swapping Deeks for Nish proved that he was after the win, and I applaud his bottle.

Mike777
24-10-2009, 04:21 PM
How did stevenson do anyone?

500miles
24-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Kevin McBride is such an important player for us. We need him to play well every week, and he rarely lets us down. He plays, in a single game, left back, right back, centre half, defensive midfield, and if you gave him the chance, he would probably play winger and forward as well.

I'm not bothered about the chances rangers had - you'll always rely on a solid keeper when you attack like us. We made as many chances them, had one chalked off and hit the post. Boyd and Wattie are bitter fuds, and traitors to boot.(but that is no doubt for another thread)

I reckon Yogi made a slight boo boo in taking off Benji - he had the keys to the Huns defence all day.

Judas Iscariot
24-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Very happy with the performance today, we bossed the game for at least an hour!

In hindsight we should have taken all 3 points..

Nish didn't do his starting chances any good with those missed chances:grr:

Great to see us going through to greyskull and taking the game right to them and not changing our formation and style of play to suit that manky mob :flag:

Well done the boys and well done Yogi :thumbsup:

cad
24-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Must admit I thought Benji was superb today he was getting battered from Papac and Weir all day won us lots of free kicks and work his nuts off , opinions eh .
Great team performance Stack kept us in it .
Pat on the back for Yogi and the subs ,somebody mentioned the only glitch and I tend to agree , he made to many needless errors IMO , he could get dropped again.
Mentioned for Lewis great tackle took the booking ,dont think Spoony would have done that great to see Galbraith get a run.
Knackered my coupon Hibs and Spurs all in all a good Sat ,

Nameless
24-10-2009, 04:28 PM
How did stevenson do anyone?

Slotted in and picked up the pace of the game well I thought. Great tackle on Fleck near the end as well:wink:

Jack
24-10-2009, 04:33 PM
occasionally slack , Yogi did well to give Wotherspoon a break. Stack, Bamba and Murry immense. Mcbride intelligent, when a defender went up he stayed put. Load of chances, a draw just about right and some goal from stokes.

Maybe maybe we are onto something............

Agreed. If it wasn't for a number of slack passes, particulalry at the start, we would have ripped them apart.

lEXO
24-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Solid team performance.We could have buckled after losing the early goal,but our team spirit is shining through.We got up and got back at them and special mention for Stack, thought he was solid today.Couple of cracking saves that kept us in it.
Yogi got his tactic s spot on and deserves loads of credit for having a go at them.

aljo7-0
24-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Great performance - no fear at all and some great short passing to reyain possession at times. Absolutely sublimre finnish from Stokes who hadn't being doing much until then - what a piece of class!

Golden Bear
24-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Did anyone else hear Macca (not our reserve keeper by the way:wink:) on the Jim Traynor program just now?

What a classic rant ---------- boy was he excited about today's performance & result!

:greengrin:thumbsup:

CapitalHibs
24-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Kevin McBride is such an important player for us. We need him to play well every week, and he rarely lets us down. He plays, in a single game, left back, right back, centre half, defensive midfield, and if you gave him the chance, he would probably play winger and forward as well.

I'm not bothered about the chances rangers had - you'll always rely on a solid keeper when you attack like us. We made as many chances them, had one chalked off and hit the post. Boyd and Wattie are bitter fuds, and traitors to boot.(but that is no doubt for another thread)

I reckon Yogi made a slight boo boo in taking off Benji - he had the keys to the Huns defence all day.

It's possible Benji was a little bit under the weather today :Ummm:as he was fighting off a cold on Thursday:dunno:

hibiedude
24-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Why would anybody want to show respect for bigoted oafs with personal hygiene issues? A pub team from some east European country tore them up for toilet paper. Hibs were one shot away from doing the same. The huns are garbage.

I was talking on a footballing front, the rest is your opinion not mine

Killiehibbie
24-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Good going forward bit more luck and composure in front of goal and we would've got 3 points. On the other hand rangers might've scored a few on another day.

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2009, 05:27 PM
I was talking on a footballing front, the rest is your opinion not mine

Sorry, totally understand what you're saying, and not having a go at you, just using your post to denigrate the huns.

Shrekko
24-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Slotted in and picked up the pace of the game well I thought. Great tackle on Fleck near the end as well:wink:

Lewis nearly cost us a goal just after he came on after being dispossessed whilst dithering on the ball. Not much to do after that but our defence in general was the only slight black spot on the day.

Apart from the dodgy bits in defence it was truly fantastic the way the boys played. Midfield and attack we are the best in the SPL at the moment.

Full marks to the brilliant Miller and McBride for giving the forwards the platform to play.

jakki
24-10-2009, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=finhq031;2216350]Did anyone else hear Macca (not our reserve keeper by the way:wink:) on the Jim Traynor program just now?

What a classic rant ---------- boy was he excited about today's performance & result!

:greengrin:thumbsup:[/QUOTE
I had a laugh when Jim Traynor told Macar that he (Macar) was so high that he didnay need a train down south , he could fly down there

h18sfn
24-10-2009, 07:52 PM
how many hibbys were at the game today

Winston Ingram
24-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Must admit I thought Benji was superb today he was getting battered from Papac and Weir all day won us lots of free kicks and work his nuts off , opinions eh .
Great team performance Stack kept us in it .
Pat on the back for Yogi and the subs ,somebody mentioned the only glitch and I tend to agree , he made to many needless errors IMO , he could get dropped again.
Mentioned for Lewis great tackle took the booking ,dont think Spoony would have done that great to see Galbraith get a run.
Knackered my coupon Hibs and Spurs all in all a good Sat ,

Benji has been superb since he came back. He's worked his nuts off. His workrate in comparison to his 1st spell is chalk and cheese:agree:

VegasHibby
24-10-2009, 08:08 PM
It was good to see Hughes making positive subs near the end. Swapping Deeks for Nish proved that he was after the win, and I applaud his bottle.

Yes agreed and it's obvious Yogi's confidence is having a big influence on the players.

VegasHibby
24-10-2009, 08:11 PM
how many hibbys were at the game today

around 1,200 to 1,500 i think

CapitalHibs
24-10-2009, 08:15 PM

Yogi admitted he asked the players after training how they wanted to approach the game and they all agreed they wanted to get in and about them:greengrin

brydekirk
24-10-2009, 08:45 PM
stack had a good game, the passing was terribile in the first half and could have been better in the second. what the **** happened in the last 5 mins . 2 chances to score and they never took them :confused: .benji got battered and still kept the head. happy to come away with a point and not playing at our best. :thumbsup: