PDA

View Full Version : NHC FAO CalgaryHibs

sleeping giant
24-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Match kicked off at 11 in the rain in Mid Calder.

Calder score almost from kick off (12 seconds ish) and Broxburn keeper is inconsolable as he should have saved it.
Calder hammer Broxburn for the first 10 minutes hitting the post twice and forcing our keeper to make 2 or 3 early saves.

Broxburn then started to control the match and forced a cracking triple save from their keeper (who seemingly trains with HIbs)

Good even first half 0-1 HT

Calder nearly scored again very early in the 2nd half but the keeper managed to scramble it away while under pressure.

Hand ball in the box , penalty Broxburn.

Gooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllll:greengrin

1-1

Match rages on and Broxburn score a cracker with a couple of one two's.

Calder pick up the pace and start turning the screw.

Great save from Broxburn keeper.
Great gather from a corner from Broxburn.

Last minute , Calder score a belter into the top corner.
Broxburn keeper blames himself and again is inconsolable (infact he is still up in his room now not talking to anyone:greengrin)

FT 2-2

Great game and some cracking talent on show.

Mid Calders keeper was outstanding.

Mon the HIbs

CalgaryHibs
24-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Well done mate :greengrin

love these:greengrin

Yoor son plays what position ?

Broxburn is unbeaten since the updates started..........:wink:

sleeping giant
24-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Well done mate :greengrin

love these:greengrin

Yoor son plays what position ?

Broxburn is unbeaten since the updates started..........:wink:

My boy is now the gloakeeper for Broxburn Colts. He just joined them 4 matches ago and yes they are unbeaten since he went between the sticks:greengrin
He played centre midfield last season with Broxburn United.
Colts is Broxburns "A" team.
TBH he could still do a job in midfield but he wants to be a keeper this month:greengrin

CalgaryHibs
24-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Have to smile aboot he wants to the keeper "this month":greengrin

lets hope he stays there , probally his coach wants himthere as well:greengrin

mon the colts!!!

:greengrin

greenlex
24-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Have to smile aboot he wants to the keeper "this month":greengrin

lets hope he stays there , probally his coach wants himthere as well:greengrin

mon the colts!!!

:greengrin
SG wants to buy him gloves at £30!!!!! Hope he doesn't want to take up ice hockey next month.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-10-2009, 12:46 PM
My boy is now the gloakeeper for Broxburn Colts. He just joined them 4 matches ago and yes they are unbeaten since he went between the sticks:greengrin
He played centre midfield last season with Broxburn United.
Colts is Broxburns "A" team.
TBH he could still do a job in midfield but he wants to be a keeper this month:greengrin

Seeing Gav tonight how did the boys play - was it Gabriel that scored?

DaveF
24-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Match kicked off at 11 in the rain in Mid Calder.

Calder score almost from kick off (12 seconds ish) and Broxburn keeper is inconsolable as he should have saved it.
Calder hammer Broxburn for the first 10 minutes hitting the post twice and forcing our keeper to make 2 or 3 early saves.

Broxburn then started to control the match and forced a cracking triple save from their keeper (who seemingly trains with HIbs)

Good even first half 0-1 HT

Calder nearly scored again very early in the 2nd half but the keeper managed to scramble it away while under pressure.

Hand ball in the box , penalty Broxburn.

Gooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllll:greengrin

1-1

Match rages on and Broxburn score a cracker with a couple of one two's.

Calder pick up the pace and start turning the screw.

Great save from Broxburn keeper.
Great gather from a corner from Broxburn.

Last minute , Calder score a belter into the top corner.
Broxburn keeper blames himself and again is inconsolable (infact he is still up in his room now not talking to anyone:greengrin)

FT 2-2

Great game and some cracking talent on show.

Mid Calders keeper was outstanding.

Mon the HIbs

Nice report SG.

The MC 2000s are a handy team so it must have been a great game to watch.

In fact, I've just had an email from the MC keeper's Dad pointing me to this thread :greengrin

sleeping giant
24-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Seeing Gav tonight how did the boys play - was it Gabriel that scored?

He's moved teams to the Colts Loko.

sleeping giant
24-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Nice report SG.

The MC 2000s are a handy team so it must have been a great game to watch.

In fact, I've just had an email from the MC keeper's Dad pointing me to this thread :greengrin

:agree:

It was a good game Spam.

A wee bit of hoof ball from us if i'm being honest but i'm sure this is due to the retreating line and hope we will work it better.

Andy Bee
24-10-2009, 03:05 PM
He's moved teams to the Colts Loko.

Lol, you were nearly pulled up there SG, Polbeh Colts beat Broxburn Utd on the 10th of this month (cost me a fiver) to still remain unbeaten with a well fought out first draw of the season with Muiry Blues today

sleeping giant
24-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Lol, you were nearly pulled up there SG, Polbeh Colts beat Broxburn Utd on the 10th of this month (cost me a fiver) to still remain unbeaten with a well fought out first draw of the season with Muiry Blues today

Handy wee team too:agree:

Gregor
24-10-2009, 05:01 PM
The Mid Calder keeper is Willie Dunn's laddie ; and is signed for the Hibs. Not only that but another well kent name in the community - Jillian Binnie - has a son (a Hibby) who's signed for Aberdeen. I reckon both of them are 'keepers directly as an influence of Jim Leighton at our club. I wonder how future generations of Hibs supporters are influenced in their choice of position?

DaveF
24-10-2009, 07:41 PM
The Mid Calder keeper is Willie Dunn's laddie ; and is signed for the Hibs. Not only that but another well kent name in the community - Jillian Binnie - has a son (a Hibby) who's signed for Aberdeen. I reckon both of them are 'keepers directly as an influence of Jim Leighton at our club. I wonder how future generations of Hibs supporters are influenced in their choice of position?

He is indeed. Not sure about the Leighton influence but young Dunn is very good keeper indeed.

Very, very early days in his career though!

greenlex
24-10-2009, 07:48 PM
For the record Polbeth Utd were beaten 5-4 by Lithgae b today.
Lithgae 3 up ay half time.
Polbeth back to 3-2 before lithgae going 4-2 up.
4-4 with minutes to play and Polbeth camped in the Lithgae half. Lithgae break and win in the last minute.
Great game. Apart from the wee fellae being a greedy wee bassa.
That is all.

Andy Bee
24-10-2009, 08:30 PM
For the record Polbeth Utd were beaten 5-4 by Lithgae b today.
Lithgae 3 up ay half time.
Polbeth back to 3-2 before lithgae going 4-2 up.
4-4 with minutes to play and Polbeth camped in the Lithgae half. Lithgae break and win in the last minute.
Great game. Apart from the wee fellae being a greedy wee bassa.
That is all.

Lol, early start for you then Lex, I seen some of the game, the taller of the two girls in the Lithgae team is a cracking player although I didn't see her on today.

greenlex
24-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Lol, early start for you then Lex, I seen some of the game, the taller of the two girls in the Lithgae team is a cracking player although I didn't see her on today.

Didnt get home till 1am too. Stinking cold. WTF is it with 9am kick offs? I am becoming a grumpy auld git.
Both girls played at some point. They are big lassies though. They were both ok in a decent lithgae side. If Utd had turned up the first half they would have won. Maybe 9 is too early for them.

sleeping giant
24-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Didnt get home till 1am too. Stinking cold. WTF is it with 9am kick offs? I am becoming a grumpy auld git.
Both girls played at some point. They are big lassies though. They were both ok in a decent lithgae side. If Utd had turned up the first half they would have won. Maybe 9 is too early for them.

I much prefer the 9 am kick offs:agree:
These 11am kick offs are a nightmare. Waiting about all morning:grr:

We played a team last season that had a girl who was tougher than the boys.
I remember when she got subbed , i could see both her knees were bleeding:greengrin
She was getting stuck right in:agree:

What happens when they go to 11's?
Can the teams still include girls ?

sleeping giant
24-10-2009, 09:05 PM
He is indeed. Not sure about the Leighton influence but young Dunn is very good keeper indeed.

Very, very early days in his career though!

He looked very very assured and confident. He didnt shut up all match. Shouting for the passback etc
Looks the part:agree:

greenlex
24-10-2009, 09:06 PM
I much prefer the 9 am kick offs:agree:
These 11am kick offs are a nightmare. Waiting about all morning:grr:

We played a team last season that had a girl who was tougher than the boys.
I remember when she got subbed , i could see both her knees were bleeding:greengrin
She was getting stuck right in:agree:

What happens when they go to 11's?
Can the teams still include girls ?
No sure what happens SG. I hope we have a 9am kick off two weeks on Sat.

sleeping giant
24-10-2009, 09:07 PM
SG wants to buy him gloves at £30!!!!! Hope he doesn't want to take up ice hockey next month.

As long as he doesnt want to be a hairdresser i will be happy:cool2:

greenlex
24-10-2009, 09:10 PM
As long as he doesnt want to be a hairdresser i will be happy:cool2:

Is his name Damien?

http://www.visit4info.com/advert/Great-Deals-on-Business-Insurance-AVIVA/77503

chipmunk hibby
25-10-2009, 01:45 PM
exelent:greengrin:top marks

sleeping giant
25-10-2009, 04:01 PM

:tee hee:

greenlex
26-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Jusxt laughed out loud again. Where TF are my milies away to????

sleeping giant
26-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Jusxt laughed out loud again. Where TF are my milies away to????

Dunno about the smilies but you really should stop typing with your elbows:greengrin

greenlex
26-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Dunno about the smilies but you really should stop typing with your elbows:greengrin:tee hee::tee hee:

Threy atre back WOO Hoio!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Killiehibbie
26-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Is that Willie Dunn that grew up in Northfield?