PDA

View Full Version : The Richmond Factor?

Hibercelona
23-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Lo and behold...

The one and only... "Charlie Richmond"

Well... so much for my optimism. :boo hoo:

HibbyAndy
23-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Everything i just said in another thread means absolute ****all now ive read this idiot is in charge.

We can FORGET taking anything from this game now.

Im absolute ****ing raging this ersehole got this match!!!!!!

unbelievable :bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

Sumner
23-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Linesmen : Mr I.M.Mason and Mr Ivor Lodgepass

HibbyAndy
23-10-2009, 05:08 PM
This thread will a 5 pager tomorrow.

Im still raging this clown is in charge

Hibercelona
23-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Everything i just said in another thread means absolute ****all now ive read this idiot is in charge.

We can FORGET taking anything from this game now.

Im absolute ****ing raging this ersehole got this match!!!!!!

unbelievable :bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

Even more reason to take the game to them early.

Lets play the game around their penalty area, not ours. :agree:

HibbyAndy
23-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Even more reason to take the game to them early.

Lets play the game around their penalty area, not ours. :agree:

Richmond will book our players for sneezing and let Rothen away with waving imaginary cards and Mculloch for late challenges.

Hibercelona
23-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Richmond will book our players for sneezing

So it's up to our lads to stay fit enough to ensure those sneezing situations don't occur. :wink:

let Rothen away with waving imaginary cards

Who cares... he won't even be in the game. :wink:

Mculloch for late challenges.

We'll just have to make sure we're too quick... even for late challenges. :agree:

Cropley10
23-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Totally dismayed by this news. I was going to have a tenner on a Hibs win but glad I didn't bother.

He will grin his way through the game, ensuring that the Hun have chance after chance in the final third. As for a late, or challenge with even a stud showing and it will be a dramatic, straight red.

JimBHibees
23-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Awful appointment however think we have a reasonable record with him as a ref IMO. Wonder how many pens Boyd will score tomorrow.

Expecting Rain
24-10-2009, 09:39 AM
I hope this guy doesn`t give Rangers a helping hand in order to recover some of their pride today and guys like Bamba i`m afraid will have to tread carefully, any excuse and he`ll be in the book quicker than you can say Unirea and then walking a tightrope thereafter, hopefully i`m way wrong and the Hibees go on to get a great result.

GlesgaeHibby
24-10-2009, 09:48 AM
I hope this guy doesn`t give Rangers a helping hand in order to recover some of their pride today and guys like Bamba i`m afraid will have to tread carefully, any excuse and he`ll be in the book quicker than you can say Unirea and then walking a tightrope thereafter, hopefully i`m way wrong and the Hibees go on to get a great result.

Richmond is a complete tool, and he wouldn't give us the steam of his piss BUT we must rise above it to beat the **** today.

Expecting Rain
24-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Richmond is a complete tool, and he wouldn't give us the steam of his piss BUT we must rise above it to beat the **** today.

I`d like to say that i was surprised at his appointment for this game but i`m not, Hibs will have to be very disciplined and let guys like Nacho Novo completely lose the heid!

GlesgaeHibby
24-10-2009, 10:02 AM
I`d like to say that i was surprised at his appointment for this game but i`m not, Hibs will have to be very disciplined and let guys like Nacho Novo completely lose the heid!

Novo is the one player I'm worried about today. Always seems to get in our faces.

maturehibby
24-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Never fails when the odds go against the old firm and there is a chance they might lose the SFA bring out their trump card the old firm favouring referee who will see that the opposition gets their just desserts for having tha audacity to think they can stand up to and even feel they can get a result against either of them .
I have the feeling the site will be littered by what a tosser and cheat Richmond is after the game .
I sometimes think that Richmond and his west coast biased colleagues read this website and the other non old firm sites and get off on our rantings .

Hibercelona
24-10-2009, 11:43 AM
I sometimes think that Richmond and his west coast biased colleagues read this website and the other non old firm sites and get off on our rantings .

I hope he is reading this.

Your a ******ing tosspot Richmond... and if your the one that costs us the game today... i'll have my eyes set on you at your next ER visit! :grr:

Woody1985
24-10-2009, 04:07 PM

Your a ******ing tosspot Richmond... and if your the one that costs us the game today... i'll have my eyes set on you at your next ER visit! :grr:

I hope he never read this cos he was pretty decent today!

Pedantic_Hibee
24-10-2009, 04:08 PM
I think he read this thread pre-match and shat himself.

Hibs.net - Intimidating previously biased weegie refs since 10.39am today.

Hibercelona
24-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Never thought i'd ever say this...

But well done to Richmond today.... Never bottled it today, and also let the game flow. :agree:

Ed De Gramo
24-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Thought Coco had a good display today :agree:

It's not very often that Scottish referees refuse penalties at OF grounds but he got the key decisions spot on :agree:

He'll be against us next time though....guaranteed :grr:

Nameless
24-10-2009, 04:10 PM
I think Richmond was kind to us today, but it was no more than we deserved. The moral of this story for the huns - Karma's a bi-atch:smug::scarf:

Hibercelona
24-10-2009, 04:11 PM
I hope he never read this cos he was pretty decent today!

He probably did read it.... then sh@t himself. :wink:

Judas Iscariot
24-10-2009, 04:12 PM

:cool2:

Hibercelona
24-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Hear Boyd greetin his eyes oot :thumbsup:

Hibercelona
24-10-2009, 04:14 PM
:cool2:

Read a few posts above. :wink:

Golden Bear
24-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Hear Boyd greetin his eyes oot :thumbsup:

He finished of by complimenting Hibs and said that Yogi has a team that has the makings of being something extra special.

We' ll let him off now!

:greengrin

lucky
24-10-2009, 04:18 PM
The ref was excellent today. he let the game flow and booked when he had to. One fault McGregor should have been booked along with Stokes for their handbag argument

Nameless
24-10-2009, 04:24 PM
The ref was excellent today. he let the game flow and booked when he had to. One fault McGregor should have been booked along with Stokes for their handbag argument

And Weir:agree: He gets away with an awful lot:grr:

EH6 Hibby
24-10-2009, 04:32 PM
I think he read this thread pre-match and shat himself.

Hibs.net - Intimidating previously biased weegie refs since 10.39am today.

:faf:

Bayern Bru
24-10-2009, 05:17 PM
And Weir:agree: He gets away with an awful lot:grr:

Care in the community legislature.
Be kind to the auld boy.
:wink:

givescotlandfreedom
24-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Very unrichmand like from what I saw. Maybe in the white he thought we were some other team as he's usually absolutely shocking but fair play today particularly for Boyd's desperate last minute diving.

matty_f
24-10-2009, 05:23 PM

I thought McGregor did get booked, but Weir should have gone in the book as well for getting involved. He grabbed Stokes by the shirt and gave him a good shoving (only as Papac was holding Stokes though).

As for the ref, probably seeing this through green-tinted specs, but I thought he gave the Huns loads in the second half.

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2009, 05:29 PM
I thought McGregor did get booked, but Weir should have gone in the book as well for getting involved. He grabbed Stokes by the shirt and gave him a good shoving (only as Papac was holding Stokes though).

As for the ref, probably seeing this through green-tinted specs, but I thought he gave the Huns loads in the second half.

I think McGregor did get booked. Agree that Weir should've got done as well for trying to get Stokes sent off.

I thought Richmond done ok - as he did the last time he reffed us - maybe he's learning from his mistakes? He's made enough of them in previous seasons.

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2009, 05:32 PM
It might sound ungracious, but i'm not going to praise this bigoted, spineless *rick, just because he actually did the job he was paid to do today, and REFEREED A FOOTBALL MATCH instead of being a posturing fascist hun cheerleader.

Bayern Bru
24-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Dashing Bob's posts are perfect tonight, in all their vitriolic temerity.
:top marks

Killiehibbie
24-10-2009, 05:45 PM
I think McGregor did get booked. Agree that Weir should've got done as well for trying to get Stokes sent off.

I thought Richmond done ok - as he did the last time he reffed us - maybe he's learning from his mistakes? He's made enough of them in previous seasons.

McGregor didn't get booked but should've got at least a yellow for the way he tried to set about Stokes, who only held the ball out towards Mcgregor.

matty_f
24-10-2009, 05:57 PM
McGregor didn't get booked but should've got at least a yellow for the way he tried to set about Stokes, who only held the ball out towards Mcgregor.

I'm sure he did.

Hibercelona
24-10-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm sure he did.

No, he didnt get booked.

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm sure he did.

According to the official match stats he wasn't booked. It did look like he was on the feed I was watching though.

Killiehibbie
24-10-2009, 06:19 PM
According to the official match stats he wasn't booked. It did look like he was on the feed I was watching though.

Richmond had a word with him but no card was shown. I had a good view of it.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Fair play to the Grinning Buffoon, decent pefrormance today with no major controversies.

Still a buffoon tho.

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Richmond had a word with him but no card was shown. I had a good view of it.

I believe you mate - you were better placed than me. :greengrin He must've still been waving it about when he had a blether with McGregor.

hibsbollah
24-10-2009, 07:35 PM
It seems as if the last few times we've had Richmond he's either been lenient with Hibs or has been fair to both teams and had a good game. He's had some shockers (the Boozy sending off in the 3-3 Rangers game springs to mind) but they were all quite a while ago...

cleanyman
24-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Thought Richmomd had a fine game:agree:
Could have easily fallen for the school boy antics of the cheat that is Kris Boyd but he dealt with him well.

Tomsk
24-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Credit where's credit's due. The officials got all the big decisions spot on, and consequently the result of what was an excellent game was also spot on.

FRes Hibbie
24-10-2009, 07:47 PM
In general i thought richmond had a decent game - although he began to give them a lot more in the second half. He was strong enough to turn down about 3 hun appeals for penalties and booked boyd for diving - I think he deserves credit for doing that at ibrox. We had a goal chopped off for offside in the first half and they had a goal chopped off right at the end - is there any tv evidence to see if these decisions were correct?

Tomsk
24-10-2009, 07:49 PM
In general i thought richmond had a decent game - although he began to give them a lot more in the second half. He was strong enough to turn down about 3 hun appeals for penalties and booked boyd for diving - I think he deserves credit for doing that at ibrox. We had a goal chopped off for offside in the first half and they had a goal chopped off right at the end - is there any tv evidence to see if these decisions were correct?

Both decisions were correct. As I said earlier the officials got all the big decisions right.

FRes Hibbie
24-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Credit where's credit's due. The officials got all the big decisions spot on, and consequently the result of what was an excellent game was also spot on.

Disagree. Apart from about 10 minutes at the start of each half I thought we were by far the better team.

Alex Trager
24-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Felt he had a decent game today never cracked unde their numeous paneltyclaims and held his own under the immense 'atmosphere' in ibrox park-only evident from the away support the day, lost my voice:thumbsup::thumbsup:-it seems Kris boyd tends to get away with alt more han he doesn't makin my hate for him deepen further.

Tomsk
24-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Disagree. Apart from about 10 minutes at the start of each half I thought we were by far the better team.

Huns missed about four golden chances. Boyd twice, Lafferty (who is total Nade) and Miller (also Nade). Draw looked a fair result to me, although we finished in the asdcendancy. All about opinions though.

bigwheel
24-10-2009, 08:04 PM

I agree, he had a strong game....but it must be the first time I've seen him perform well...he is usually absolutely murder! :agree:

FRes Hibbie
24-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Huns missed about four golden chances. Boyd twice, Lafferty (who is total Nade) and Miller (also Nade). Draw looked a fair result to me, although we finished in the asdcendancy. All about opinions though.

I'm probably just thinking of the last 10/15 minutes to be honest but I was disappointed we didnt come away with three points today. If Deek had stayed on for the entire game we would've won imo.

Jonnyboy
24-10-2009, 08:56 PM

But well done to Richmond today.... Never bottled it today, and also let the game flow. :agree:

Agreed.

--------
24-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Let me get this straight - we're happy with our goalie, and we're happy with the referee and the way he handled the match....

:dizzy:

greenlex
24-10-2009, 09:00 PM

Must have got his Nat King Cole Friday night.

Jonnyboy
24-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Let me get this straight - we're happy with our goalie, and we're happy with the referee and the way he handled the match....

:dizzy:

Worrying, isn't it :greengrin

No doubt it was be 'situation normal' against the sheep next week :wink:

--------
24-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Worrying, isn't it :greengrin

No doubt it was be 'situation normal' against the sheep next week :wink:

If I understand you aright, JB, I hope not.

There's a wee voice at the back of my mind suggesting that this is Hibs, it's all too quiet, everything's going too well, there's bound to be a disaster sooner or later.

But my invisible pal Harvey told me I should stop listening to the voices.... :devil:

Expecting Rain
25-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Sincere apologies to Charles Richmond for officiating in a fair manner.

maturehibby
26-10-2009, 10:27 AM
As his biggest detractor on this site regarding Richmonds past Errors when refereeing I feel it only right to give praise where it is due on this occasion and say that he held his own at Ibrox on saturday and for once made no major mistakes that cost us the game .
On this occasions Mr Richmond is entitled to the Plaudits but remember the old saying about" two swallows not a summer make " so will just wait till the next time we meet him

lyonhibs
26-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Charlie Richmond, by some bizarre twist of fate, actually managed to focus on refereeing the match, as opposed to posturing, blowing his whistle in a completely indiscriminate manner for anything and everything the contravened the "Charlie's World" way of life, and we are supposed to be grateful??

He should be turning in perfmormances like that - as a bare minumum - week in, week out, and perhaps booking McGregor the next time instead of just having a wee "Father - son" style blether.

The man is still a self-obsessed prick when out on the pitch refereeing - hopefully that's him got his 1 good performance of the season out of the way and we never get him again, but I seriously doubt it as he appears to be one of the chosen few referees that Hibs get afflicted with on a regular basis

RIP
26-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Some of the posts on this thread are an embarassment to the club and fans.

You don't know anything about the guy or what team he supports. If you think he has a Rangers or Celtic bias - let's hear the facts to support that (cards etc)?

Charlie has a soft spot for the Hibs and I can see him taking an ST in the future when he retires - a la Pat Nevin

Whether he performs well or badly on the day of a football match doesn't alter the fact that he's a top bloke!

Rant over :grr:

Killiehibbie
26-10-2009, 01:11 PM
He done his job properly apart from not showing a card to McGregor.

maturehibby
27-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Some of the posts on this thread are an embarassment to the club and fans.

You don't know anything about the guy or what team he supports. If you think he has a Rangers or Celtic bias - let's hear the facts to support that (cards etc)?

Charlie has a soft spot for the Hibs and I can see him taking an ST in the future when he retires - a la Pat Nevin

Whether he performs well or badly on the day of a football match doesn't alter the fact that he's a top bloke!

Rant over :grr:

What a beauty nearly had me choking on my gruel - are you by any chance a relative of Mr Richmond or just the best wynd up on here for a while