PDA

View Full Version : The Best Stewards in the World

hibsbollah
24-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Apologies if posted already....

Hamburg anger at police warning

Hamburg coach Bruno Labbadia was left angry that his team were refused permission to greet their 2,500 fans after the 1-0 win over Celtic.
Labbadia remonstrated with police and stewards and his players sat down on the corner of the pitch.

"We had 2,500 supporters with us and we were told that we could not go over and celebrate with them," he said.

"When the players sat down, the police actually told us that we would be reported to Uefa."

There had been reports of clashes between rival fans outside Celtic Park and, inside, Hamburg fans goaded the home support with banners and songs of the Glasgow club's city rivals Rangers.

And Labbadia was disappointed with that threat to report the German club to European football's governing body.

"It showed us disrespect, it's not good - there was a fine touch missing there and I was not too happy about that," he said.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gif

"I wish to say thank you to the fans - we couldn't do that as we wanted."

Labbadia was, however, full of praise for his players after a victory that put them top of Europa League Group C.
"I am delighted with the team and I told the players how proud I was of them," he said.
"We put the opposition under a bit of pressure and we might have got the second goal."
Match-winner Marcus Berg thinks Hamburg showed at Celtic Park they are good enough to go all the way to the Europa League final at their own stadium.
"It was a very important win," he said. "I think we played a good game.
"Celtic are a good team, but I think we showed today that we are a better team.
"When we heard that the final is to be played in Hamburg, it made us even more determined to be there."

One Day Soon
24-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Surprised Jack Regan hasn't piled into this one. Because as we all know Celtc fans never cause bother, never get involved in fighting etc, etc.

According to Jack the ONLY time there is ever any nonsense is when they are away from home and somehow the more deranged elements are there in greater numbers.

So there you have it, the fights outside the ground at home to Hamburg cannot have taken place.

hibsbollah
24-10-2009, 10:01 AM
It must come as a shock to Hamburg, who play in a league that actually appear to give a ****** about the supporters' matchday experience, when they are confronted with joyless tornfaced fuddery that we have to experience at places like celtic park.

PeeJay
24-10-2009, 10:04 AM
It must come as a shock to Hamburg, who play in a league that actually appear to give a ****** about the supporters' matchday experience, when they are confronted with joyless tornfaced fuddery that we have to experience at places like celtic park.

Do you think the police action was a Celtic Park thing only? I would imagine the police would respond the same in any ground in Scotland or perhaps even the UK.

Here in Germany, the Hamburg team going over to its fans' section and celebrating with them is a normal procedure - happens every game with most if not all teams - no problems.

lucky
24-10-2009, 10:04 AM
It is the worst ground to visit as an away fan. The clowns who control stewarding there have forgotten that the away fans are paying CUSTOMERS and that they should be treated with respect,

lEXO
24-10-2009, 10:21 AM
It is the worst ground to visit as an away fan. The clowns who control stewarding there have forgotten that the away fans are paying CUSTOMERS and that they should be treated with respect,
Agreed. I stopped going a while ago.The police and stewards are *****.Pay sky high price for a restricted view and to be treated like *****.No thanks, i,ll spend my cash elsewhere.I,ve heard from some Celtic fans that they get the same treatment from the stewards.

_hucks_
24-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Please dont blame the individual stewards, they're doing a job (incidently on minimum wage) and are simply following their orders.

Killiehibbie
24-10-2009, 12:24 PM
I heard the police told them to be on their way as it's no big deal getting a result at parkhead nowadays.