PDA

View Full Version : Zonal Marking

davy1979
23-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Just wanted Fellow fans thoughts on zonal marking we seem to be doing, personally i hate it dont think we have good enough players too do it anyone care too share their thoughts?GGTTH

GlesgaeHibby
24-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Just wanted Fellow fans thoughts on zonal marking we seem to be doing, personally i hate it dont think we have good enough players too do it anyone care too share their thoughts?GGTTH

Zonal marking doesn't work. It allows people to shirk responsibility. You should have a man to pick up at set pieces and make sure you pick him up at all times, otherwise it is your fault.

Pete
24-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Zonal marking doesn't work. It allows people to shirk responsibility. You should have a man to pick up at set pieces and make sure you pick him up at all times, otherwise it is your fault.

The present Liverpool team use zonal marking and they have been slated for it...but people seem to froget that the great Liverpool teams of the seventies and eighties also used zonal marking...and it worked.

However, I don't think we should be entertaining that tactic. We simply don't have the players to do it.

The same back line will have to work under hughes for a long time with intensive training to compensate and make it work and I don't believe it's worth the sacrifice.

jgl07
24-10-2009, 01:52 AM
The present Liverpool team use zonal marking and they have been slated for it...but people seem to froget that the great Liverpool teams of the seventies and eighties also used zonal marking...and it worked.
Aye no one was marking the beachball last week.

bigwheel
24-10-2009, 08:35 AM
I prefer the old "mark your man and make sure you are better than him" approach to defending.....

kevinc
24-10-2009, 08:48 AM

We are not deploying zonal marking, works for basketball, not football.

H18sry
24-10-2009, 08:54 AM
It does not work, I have never heard of a zone scoring :greengrin