PDA

View Full Version : Brave or Cautious?

matty_f
23-10-2009, 03:58 PM
How would you like to see Hibs set up tomorrow?

Yogi's hinted that he might set out to frustrate Rangers and stay in the game tomorrow, which given that Rangers will be looking to make amends for their humping in midweek, may be the sensible and fruitful approach.

However, we've played some cracking stuff in spells with the 4-4-2 and the players look like they are a) used to the system now, and b) revelling in it.

Personally, I'd accept a defeat if we went and had a real good go at them. We might still get beat sitting in, and that to me is much more frustrating.

Cannae wait for the game though, think it has the makings of a cracker.:agree:

Dan Sarf
23-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Personally, I'd accept a defeat if we went and had a real good go at them.

:agree: Final answer

Scooter
23-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Ave a go. Score first the fans will turn and rangers will crumble:agree:

500miles
23-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Passing is the key. We can set up like we always do and spend the first twenty minutes of the game without Rangers touching the ball. We're also capable of making an arse of it. We're definately at our best with this attacking system, and if we score early, we will likely embarrass them, given our attitude is right.

We need to dig out the shooting boots this week - we tried to walk it into the net to often last week.

Sir David Gray
23-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Our strengths are in our attacking abilities and Rangers have a lot of injury problems in key areas, as well as coming into the match on the back of a hammering. If we attack them from the first whistle and have a lot of chances early on, their fans will become restless and start to get on their back.

There's no point in going there and putting ten men behind the ball and hoping to get a lucky break.

The best form of defence is attack.

brythehibby
23-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Passing is the key. We can set up like we always do and spend the first twenty minutes of the game without Rangers touching the ball. We're also capable of making an arse of it. We're definately at our best with this attacking system, and if we score early, we will likely embarrass them, given our attitude is right.

We need to dig out the shooting boots this week - we tried to walk it into the net to often last week.

Ageed. We need to take any chance big or small that comes our way like they usually do, they are beatable, but only if were at our best.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

WindyMiller
23-10-2009, 04:22 PM

Yogi's hinted that he might set out to frustrate Rangers and stay in the game tomorrow, which given that Rangers will be looking to make amends for their humping in midweek, may be the sensible and fruitful approach.

However, we've played some cracking stuff in spells with the 4-4-2 and the players look like they are a) used to the system now, and b) revelling in it.

Personally, I'd accept a defeat if we went and had a real good go at them. We might still get beat sitting in, and that to me is much more frustrating.

100% agree. Let's go for it.

Hibercelona
23-10-2009, 04:24 PM
We have more chance of getting beat if we sit in IMO.

I never really could understand the sitting in tactic that some teams depoly.

brythehibby
23-10-2009, 04:30 PM

As it says in the OP it's better to get beat trying to win than just sit back. Usually when we try and sit back we are awful at it. We have a strong attack, at the moment they have a weak defence. I'm not saying go hung ho but we can't go and sit in, never works.

HibbyAndy
23-10-2009, 04:32 PM

Correct.

Sit in and Hibs will get pumped..lets take the game to them,keep the ball when we have it, crisp passing with every player wanting the ball (like Liam Miller does) keep it tidy,good distribution when we have it and take our chanes when presented.

These Huns are there for the taking, not saying im overly confident one single bit BUT the worst Rangers team for a long long time with Mendes and Boughera out and Thomson a doubt.

Three 0-0 draws prior to there Old firm win and a humping off that Romanian team..why shouldnt we be confident? as long as its not over confidence cocky confidence, Hibs can win.

CapitalHibs
23-10-2009, 04:33 PM

Yogi's hinted that he might set out to frustrate Rangers and stay in the game tomorrow, which given that Rangers will be looking to make amends for their humping in midweek, may be the sensible and fruitful approach.However, we've played some cracking stuff in spells with the 4-4-2 and the players look like they are a) used to the system now, and b) revelling in it.

Could swear Yogi had a wee sly :greengrin on his face, when he said that though:wink:

Tha Cabbage Kid
23-10-2009, 04:33 PM
i think he will go with a traditional....................

_________________________stack
______________________Bamba_murray________________ __
__________________________miller__________________ ____

wotherspoon zemmama benjelloun stokes nish riordan Galbraith

erskine-hibby
23-10-2009, 04:34 PM
i think he will go with a traditional....................

_________________________stack
______________________Bamba_murray________________ __
__________________________miller__________________ ____

wotherspoon zemmama benjelloun stokes nish riordan Galbraith

Ah! the old 2-1-7 set up:thumbsup:

Tha Cabbage Kid
23-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Ah! the old 2-1-7 set up:thumbsup:

aye, I think its a little bit defensive but it is rangers eh? :wink:

southern hibby
23-10-2009, 04:45 PM
I've always said a point away from home is a good result.............

However, I really do think we should have a go at them straight from the off. If we sit in then their confidence will grow but if we attack from the off this will put them on a back foot and annoy their fans, which will only get to them even more.

100% go out and attack and at least if we do get beat we can say that we had a go.

Judas Iscariot
23-10-2009, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't call it "Brave" i'd call it "The Hibs Way!".. :greengrin

Let's do that.. :agree:

This manky mob are gash, get torn in aboot them and rip them a new ersehole :thumbsup:

col02
23-10-2009, 04:49 PM
This Hibs team has a good balance of experience to it as well as one or two younger guys like Benji and Wotherspoon so I say we go for it. Lose and at the end of the day it is only three points. Win on the other hand and you never know how much confidence that will give the squad and fans to carry on thru to the end of the season.

Hibercelona
23-10-2009, 04:53 PM
As it says in the OP it's better to get beat trying to win than just sit back. Usually when we try and sit back we are awful at it. We have a strong attack, at the moment they have a weak defence. I'm not saying go hung ho but we can't go and sit in, never works.

:agree:

Rangers will start the game with a huge lack of confidence.

But if we just sit deep and don't press... then we are inviting a team with no confidence onto us, which will only increase their confidence.

If we want to beat Rangers tomorrow... we need to put them away early.

I'm_cabbaged
23-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Go for the throat. :agree:

I know I'm registered as voting for being cautious but that was ma bairn, when asked why he voted that he said he didn't understand what it meant so he just did it. :greengrin

Future Sun reader/voter me thinks :greengrin

brythehibby
23-10-2009, 04:58 PM

But if we just sit deep and don't press... then we are inviting a team with no confidence onto us, which will only increase their confidence.

Totally agree. 9 times out of 10 when we are in games are tight going into the latter stages it's usually the opposition that score! Early goal we'll win I think.

Hibercelona
23-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Totally agree. 9 times out of 10 when we are in games are tight going into the latter stages it's usually the opposition that score! Early goal we'll win I think.

If we sit in deep, then we will get hammered as Rangers gain more and more confidence. :agree:

But if we hit them hard early on... I could see us doing some major damage to a side that will be stripped of any little confidence it had left when the 1st goal goes in.

I want to see us going out tomorrow with all guns blazing.... no sitting back and allowing them onto us. :agree:

Removed
23-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Go for the throat. :agree:

:agree: Then give them a swift kick in the bollocks for good measure.

Key to winning tomorrow starts in the boys heads and in their attitude. Yogi will try to get them into that place, then all the stuff they have worked in training should come naturally.

They all need to work hard for each other, don't waste possession, keep the ball on the deck and move it quickly to feet for the strikers to stick it away.

But we all know that a hurt Hun is like a wounded animal, very likely to bite when you least expect it, so we need to put them out their misery quickly :gun:

Hibbie_Cameron
23-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Attack Attack Attack!!!!!:agree:

erskine-hibby
23-10-2009, 05:52 PM
aye, I think its a little bit defensive but it is rangers eh? :wink:

Actually, I thought you had flooded the midfield a wee bit:greengrin

1875godsgift
23-10-2009, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't call it "Brave" i'd call it "The Hibs Way!".. :greengrin

Let's do that.. :agree:

This manky mob are gash, get torn in aboot them and rip them a new ersehole :thumbsup:
Agreed. I'd say after about 20-25 mins of mostly Hibs possession their "fans" will turn on them, adding to the pressure. Like has been said already we'll get sweet FA by sitting back n hoping they won't score.

Give em hell Hibs

Ants
23-10-2009, 10:09 PM
We just need to ensure that the midfield cancel out any hun threat before it has started.

Attacking midfielders, resolute defence and the usual Pnish up front will do the trick.

PISTOL1875
23-10-2009, 10:11 PM
In this instance ATTACK !!!!!!!!!

Rangers are brutal just now and are there for the taking.. Usually , when going to Ibrox , you have to play the safe game but we will never get a better chance to beat this mob... If we don't go for it then it'll be a mistake....

Big90inOz
24-10-2009, 03:55 AM
We don't cope with teams closing us down, will Rangers try to stop us or play their own game ?
If they allow us to play i recon we can get a result, if they close us down then it could be a 0-0 or a freak / great goal to decide it.

really looking forward to this game :agree::thumbsup::agree:

cad
24-10-2009, 04:50 AM
Should be a good game , play the Hibs way and give it a go ,with the injures Rangers have ,I think we have a good chance of coming away with something
The bookies are giving you 7/1, 8/1 for Hibs to win so that tells you they think we have no chance ..
Will be interesting to see the odds just before the kick off,
all the Hibs fans lump on.
So Hibs to win , shaft the bookies , party time ,
the perfect day no .

Mon The Cabbage :agree::flag::flag:

Alfred E Newman
24-10-2009, 05:17 AM
I don`t think we should get carried away here. This is still the Hibs we are talking about, the same side that were dreadful against Hamilton a couple of weeks back. Yes Rangers are poor but we are still dodgy an the middle of the defence and in goals. I think Yogi will go with more or less the same side as last week but set up in a 4-5-1 with Nish as the front man and Riordan ,Stokes ,and Zemmama or Benji or breaking forward in support. We have a great chance but it will still not be easy.

Sprouleflyer
24-10-2009, 07:40 AM

Thats my thinking, if we allow Rangers to dominate the first 30 mins the fans will be right behind them and their confidence will grow.

We should go for their throats from the whistle, if we get an early goal, dent their confidence even further, the game should be ours!!

bobbyhibs1983
24-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Attack Attack Attack!!!!!:agree:

thats the kind of fighting spirit i love:top marks

I think rangers have a good team but they are weak at the back, How come more teams do not attack them?

I always think you should go in with the attitude of "if you socre 1, we'll score 2,if you score 2 we'll score 3"

HH81
24-10-2009, 09:03 AM
thats the kind of fighting spirit i love:top marks

I think rangers have a good team but they are weak at the back, How come more teams do not attack them?

I always think you should go in with the attitude of "if you socre 1, we'll score 2,if you score 2 we'll score 3"

:top marks I agree guys lets just go for it. :agree:

3-1 hibs Mon:greengrin