PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Ebay help

Moulin Yarns
23-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to cancel a bid on eBay? I was looking for a Halloween costume and have bid on a Mickey Mouse outfit.

…have just realised I’m 2 minutes away from buying Rangers Football Club!! Help!!!

Woody1985
23-10-2009, 01:53 PM
I don't think you can. When you bid you are effectively entering into a contract.

However, you can pull out and I think it affects your rating. There is a chance that someone could try and prosecute you and force you to pay but for short/low value auctions they'll probably move onto the next bidder and report you to ebay.

Prof. Shaggy
23-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Sorry, you're stuck with it.

Can I be the first to wish you good luck.

truehibernian
23-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Aye, you're donald ducked goofy :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
23-10-2009, 01:57 PM
I was thinking I'd be able to asset strip them but then I realised that there aren't any.

lyonhibs
23-10-2009, 02:13 PM
I was thinking I'd be able to asset strip them but then I realised that there aren't any.

I love how the first answer to your OP was actually a genuine explanation of how things work between buyer and seller on E-Bay!!! :faf:

CB_NO3
23-10-2009, 02:16 PM
You will just have to re-list what it is you bought. If you dont think you will get any money for it then just throw it in the bin. :wink:

1two
23-10-2009, 02:16 PM
I don't think you can. When you bid you are effectively entering into a contract.

However, you can pull out and I think it affects your rating. There is a chance that someone could try and prosecute you and force you to pay but for short/low value auctions they'll probably move onto the next bidder and report you to ebay.

:rolleyes::faf:

Moulin Yarns
23-10-2009, 02:19 PM
I love how the first answer to your OP was actually a genuine explanation of how things work between buyer and seller on E-Bay!!! :faf:

:rolleyes::faf:

Leave him alone :greengrin I just let it go as a genuine mistake :faf:

sambajustice
23-10-2009, 02:28 PM

Whooooosh!!

:faf:

Hibercelona
23-10-2009, 02:31 PM

:top marks

Woody1985
23-10-2009, 02:54 PM
*******s! :grr:

I only read the first sentence. Am no helping anyone again. Where's the walk away in a huff smiley. :greengrin

davemcbain
23-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to cancel a bid on eBay? I was looking for a Halloween costume and have bid on a Mickey Mouse outfit.

…have just realised I’m 2 minutes away from buying Rangers Football Club!! Help!!!

Soory mate I think you're Bougherrad. :duck:

Moulin Yarns
23-10-2009, 03:29 PM
*******s! :grr:

I only read the first sentence. Am no helping anyone again. Where's the walk away in a huff smiley. :greengrin

Yer awright, I take it you don't mind having the Urerea taken :wink:

Woody1985
23-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Yer awright, I take it you don't mind having the Urerea taken :wink:

No, you can 4-1 me anytime and I'll just take it on the chin. :LOL: