PDA

View Full Version : Kevin thomson injured

blueisthecolour
23-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Thing looking better for your lot tommorow, Kevin Thomson is now injured so we will be without BOUGHERRA MENDES and THOMSON:grr:

I should point out he's doubtfull not defo out.

McSwanky
23-10-2009, 12:16 PM
We would have beaten you with those three playing anyway.

Part/Time Supporter
23-10-2009, 12:18 PM
How convenient

:wink:

IWasThere2016
23-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Thing looking better for your lot tommorow, Kevin Thomson is now injured so we will be without BOUGHERRA MENDES and THOMSON:grr:

Do you have any decent players left? :cool2: Nevermind, sure the ref. will duly assist

Andy.1875
23-10-2009, 12:20 PM

He's no great loss!

sambajustice
23-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Ah well,

that just leaves Whittaker now for Murray to uncermoniously tackle at about chest height!

Hibs at 9/1 is now looking ridiculous!

have the odds come down at all?

IWasThere2016
23-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Ah well,

that just leaves Whittaker now for Murray to uncermoniously tackle at about chest height!

Best I saw earlier was 8s

poolman
23-10-2009, 12:23 PM

Thats a pity

Katy's pish :agree:

MacBean
23-10-2009, 12:24 PM
we do realise tho that if we get a victory from the game it will be down to the huns lack of key players and injuries and not the classy football we will be playing

Judas Iscariot
23-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Makes no difference at all..

Didn't even realise he was playing the other night until 40 odd mins in when he did one of his usual cowardly tackles..

Far too injury prone now to recapture his early promise he shown with us..

At least his ma will be happy with his wage he receives for sitting on his erse for 80% of his Hun career..

Raymond
23-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Ah well,

Best i can see is
8/1 at ladbrokes,Betfred & Coral

Golden Bear
23-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Thats a pity

Katy's pish :agree:

:bitchy:

One of their better players I'd say.

We'll not get into another Thommo debate but imo the guy's a class act regardless of the off field circumstances leading up to and following his transfer.

IWasThere2016
23-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Best i can see is

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/scottish-premier/rangers-v-hibernian/win-market

poolman
23-10-2009, 12:35 PM
:bitchy:

One of their better players I'd say.

We'll not get into another Thommo debate but imo the guy's a class act regardless of the off field circumstances leading up to and following his transfer.

Whit :confused:

He's hardly kicked a ball all season

Don't think that would have changed to-morrow

Why the bitchy smiley :confused: he's been pish all season

Golden Bear
23-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Whit :confused:

He's hardly kicked a ball all season

Don't think that would have changed to-morrow

Why the bitchy smiley :confused: he's been pish all season

Maybe "Blue is the Colour" would be the best person to provide the answer.

From the glimpses I've seen on TV he's been far from "pish".

Dunbar Hibee
23-10-2009, 12:45 PM
KT is *****, onee of the most overrated players in the league:agree:

blueisthecolour
23-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Maybe "Blue is the Colour" would be the best person to provide the answer.

From the glimpses I've seen on TV he's been far from "pish".

I think KT is a superb player BUT he has not been on any great form this season, although no one has, as some folk have said, it makes no difference as he has been poor, this is where the problem for rangers is, with mendes edu thomson out that's our main midfield out, which means a lot of changes elsewhere in the team, for instance with MB out mcculloch would play centre half beside weir, now mendes and thomson out I think mcculloch will move to centre mid and davis to join him in the centre(his best position imo) papac will now move to centre half as I don't think walter will play youngsters at the back and stevie smith to take left back, Novo will prob come in to the team.

So as much as he hasn't been at his best, it means a whole lot of positional changes because of the injury.

EH6 Hibby
23-10-2009, 01:00 PM
I think KT is a superb player BUT he has not been on any great form this season, although no one has, as some folk have said, it makes no difference as he has been poor, this is where the problem for rangers is, with mendes edu thomson out that's our main midfield out, which means a lot of changes elsewhere in the team, for instance with MB out mcculloch would play centre half beside weir, now mendes and thomson out I think mcculloch will move to centre mid and davis to join him in the centre(his best position imo) papac will now move to centre half as I don't think walter will play youngsters at the back and stevie smith to take left back, Novo will prob come in to the team.

So as much as he hasn't been at his best, it means a whole lot of positional changes because of the injury.

Did I not read somewhere he was doubtful as well?

Golden Bear
23-10-2009, 01:01 PM

Ok - I must have tuned in at the wrong time and seen the odd occasions when he looked as though he was playing well!

Like you, I still rate him as a player however, even though he slagged Hibs uphill and down dale around the time of his transfer.

soupy
23-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Best i can see is

William Hills had 9/1 yesterday, dont know if its been changed cos the lassie behind the counter said it was going to change...

lyonhibs
23-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Who the ***** are Rangers going to play in the centre of midfield against us???

I said at the beginning of the season that beyond the starting 11 plus 2 or 3 others their squad was comically threadbare, and dear lord is that coming home to roost for tomorrow!!!

Still, I'm happy that it's us that gets to benefit!!

blueisthecolour
23-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Who the ***** are Rangers going to play in the centre of midfield against us???

I said at the beginning of the season that beyond the starting 11 plus 2 or 3 others their squad was comically threadbare, and dear lord is that coming home to roost for tomorrow!!!

Still, I'm happy that it's us that gets to benefit!!

Mcculloch, Davis

Brooster
23-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Its a pity katy isn't playing as we was miles off the pace on Tuesday. He obviously doesn't fancy it so has pulled out. He's a wee chocolate ****.

lyonhibs
23-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Its a pity katy isn't playing as we was miles off the pace on Tuesday. He obviously doesn't fancy it so has pulled out. He's a wee chocolate ****.

Racist post IMO.

McCulloch and Davis - assuming we can snuff out Davis, Lee McCulloch hardly fills with my dread, least not from open play, Novo is a energetic ned that has somehow become a cul(n)t hero down Ibrox way and Jerome Rothen runs like he trapped in a gigantic tub of treacle.

Up front we have "Honest Trier, but effectively pretty gash" Kenny Misser, and Steven "Sir Falldownalot" Naismith, with Kris Boyd being the only actualy goalscorer, and he's liable to be confined to the bench until the 83rd minute.

Gone are the days of facing a Rangers team packed full of quality continental internationalists - it's hilarious and slightly perturbing at the same time - hate them all you want, but you can't honestly say that Albertz, Tugay, Van Bronckhorst, Numan et al weren't players that improved the quality of the SPL.

bawheid
23-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Didn't even realise he was playing the other night until 40 odd mins in when he did one of his usual cowardly tackles..

Saw that. He's really going to give someone a career-threatener one day. Coward.

He obviously doesn't fancy it so has pulled out. He's a wee chocolate ****.

Agreed, he's a coward.

Gatecrasher
23-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Nothing on Ssn or BBC about KT being out:confused:

MacBean
23-10-2009, 01:19 PM

The other side to all these injuries is that players who are coming in for them have something to prove, could pose a threat for us. however our boys have already said they have something to prove, not only for hibs, but for the rest of the SPL too.

GGTTH

McHibby
23-10-2009, 01:33 PM
we do realise tho that if we get a victory from the game it will be down to the huns lack of key players and injuries and not the classy football we will be playing

And, of course, because of their exploits in the Champions League **s****** s******** during the week.

Septimus
23-10-2009, 01:35 PM
KT injured! Now there's a real surprise.

blueisthecolour
23-10-2009, 01:36 PM
The other side to all these injuries is that players who are coming in for them have something to prove, could pose a threat for us. however our boys have already said they have something to prove, not only for hibs, but for the rest of the SPL too.

GGTTH

That's what im hoping for

blueisthecolour
23-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Nothing on Ssn or BBC about KT being out:confused:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2533066.0.kevin_thomson_adds_to_ranger s_injury_woes.php

RoslinInstHibby
23-10-2009, 01:49 PM
That's what im hoping for

whatever happened to that wonderkid fleck:confused: (serious question, not taking the p*ss)

hibbymac
23-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Racist post IMO.

McCulloch and Davis - assuming we can snuff out Davis, Lee McCulloch hardly fills with my dread, least not from open play, Novo is a energetic ned that has somehow become a cul(n)t hero down Ibrox way and Jerome Rothen runs like he trapped in a gigantic tub of treacle.

Up front we have "Honest Trier, but effectively pretty gash" Kenny Misser, and Steven "Sir Falldownalot" Naismith, with Kris Boyd being the only actualy goalscorer, and he's liable to be confined to the bench until the 83rd minute.

Gone are the days of facing a Rangers team packed full of quality continental internationalists - it's hilarious and slightly perturbing at the same time - hate them all you want, but you can't honestly say that Albertz, Tugay, Van Bronckhorst, Numan et al weren't players that improved the quality of the SPL.

:confused: Am I missing something here?

blueisthecolour
23-10-2009, 01:55 PM
whatever happened to that wonderkid fleck:confused: (serious question, not taking the p*ss)

On subs bench, Walter Smith doesn't play youngsters for some reason, we have a good young centre half who should be given a chance with the injuries we have but he prefers to use Mcculloch who isn't a c/h for some reason.

Im afraid while Walter is in charge our youth don't stand a chance.

blueisthecolour
23-10-2009, 01:56 PM

I thought he was takin the p**s but I could be wrong.

MacBean
23-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Racist post IMO.

If im correct - Chocolate in terms of football refers to how injury prone a player is.

My team-mate collected Chocolate boy of the year at last seasons player of the year dinner as he was injured several times in the season.
No racist remark there in the slightest??

lyonhibs
23-10-2009, 02:00 PM

Yes.

I was joking - making reference to the tendency for some people on some topics to see racist inferences, even when they clearly aren't there!!

Should have really added a explanatory smilie - :greengrin or :cool2: may have avoided confusion

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2009, 02:01 PM
I really hope its not the same knee again.:devil:

MacBean
23-10-2009, 02:02 PM
I really hope its not the same knee again.:devil:

shoulder this time it think?

hibbymac
23-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Yes.

I was joking - making reference to the tendency for some people on some topics to see racist inferences, even when they clearly aren't there!!

Should have really added a explanatory smilie - :greengrin or :cool2: may have avoided confusion

:doh: No probs mate, I'm easily confused.:cool2:

Dashing Bob S
23-10-2009, 02:08 PM
KT injured! Now there's a real surprise.

Yes. Sadly KT has never quite fulfilled the massive potential he had before the terrible injury he sustained with us. Thought still a fine player, I do feel his transfer was a decent bit of business for Hibs, as I expect his injury-prone tendencies to only exacerbate with age.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly living in a world where they are eating caviar and punching a fox on the legs. (see Posties thread on The Holy Ground.)

matty_f
23-10-2009, 02:18 PM

I should point out he's doubtfull not defo out.

Well, I 4-1 am pleased about this news. 4-1 so talented, he isn't half injured a lot.

Cabbage East
23-10-2009, 02:21 PM
I agree. I hope the boys go there tomorrow with a 1-4 all and all 4-1 attitude and we might walk away with the points.

truehibernian
23-10-2009, 02:24 PM
I am maybe in a minority who feels that KT was a huge influence on some fine Hibs displays. Yes he was immature in the way he handled the transfer issue, but he was very young, led by his greedy agent, and badly in toe with a west coast journo. If you meet him he is a really nice young man who doesn't have a bad word to say about Hibs (despite all the goading and abuse he has received off the field since). You could argue that the likes of Murray and Riordan led Hibs up a merry path when they were approaching contract talks etc too, yet they get far less grief (and Murray is a fantastic bloke on and off the pitch).

McSwanky
23-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Well, I 4-1 am pleased about this news. 4-1 so talented, he isn't half injured a lot.

I'm not usually 1-4 sycophantically s******ing at other people's posts, but in this case......

:tee hee:

RoslinInstHibby
23-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I am maybe in a minority who feels that KT was a huge influence on some fine Hibs displays. Yes he was immature in the way he handled the transfer issue, but he was very young, led by his greedy agent, and badly in toe with a west coast journo. If you meet him he is a really nice young man who doesn't have a bad word to say about Hibs (despite all the goading and abuse he has received off the field since). You could argue that the likes of Murray and Riordan led Hibs up a merry path when they were approaching contract talks etc too, yet they get far less grief (and Murray is a fantastic bloke on and off the pitch).

:agree: agree totally

TornadoHibby
23-10-2009, 02:50 PM

Well the guy has had serious ligament rebuilds on each knee as a result of two serious knee injuries and the first one involved a torn cartiledge op whilst he was rehabilitating from the major surgery! :agree:

Some people might think that might have an effect on his knee condiion going forward and sometimes on other parts of the body too if he has changed his natural body movements to try and protect the injured joints as some people do! :cool2:

I was horrified at the way he left Hibs and lost all respect for him as a person but he is a decent player and we should at least remember that guys! :agree:

Let's not have anyone wishing him serious injury misfortune either! :wink:

matty_f
23-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Well the guy has had serious ligament rebuilds on each knee as a result of two serious knee injuries and the first one involved a torn cartiledge op whilst he was rehabilitating from the major surgery! :agree:

Some people might think that might have an effect on his knee condiion going forward and sometimes on other parts of the body too if he has changed his natural body movements to try and protect the injured joints as some people do! :cool2:

I was horrified at the way he left Hibs and lost all respect for him as a person but he is a decent player and we should at least remember that guys! :agree:

Let's not have anyone wishing him serious injury misfortune either! :wink:

To be honest, I was only looking to fit another 4-1 into my post.

FWIW, I thought Thomson was terrific at Hibs, and with the benefit of hindsight I actually think there was fault on both sides when it came to the way he left Hibs.

Deek01
23-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Isn't Kris Boyd out injured ??

GreenPJ
23-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Isn't Kris Boyd out injured ??

No it just looks like that every time he plays.

TornadoHibby
23-10-2009, 04:05 PM
To be honest, I was only looking to fit another 4-1 into my post.

My apologies - been very focused on work and lifted my head to respond to this only very briefly! :wink: :greengrin

FWIW, I thought Thomson was terrific at Hibs, and with the benefit of hindsight I actually think there was fault on both sides when it came to the way he left Hibs.

As a player he was but he let himself down as a human being in the way he conducted the transfer whilst Hibs captain IIRC! :cool2:

wpj
23-10-2009, 07:05 PM
William Hills had 9/1 yesterday, dont know if its been changed cos the lassie behind the counter said it was going to change...

All the wee bookies that use the "generic" coupon it's 9/1