PDA

View Full Version : Watching the game amongst the Huns (merged)

Biffa Bacon
23-10-2009, 06:03 AM
Hi All. Just wanted to guage some opinions on the following. A guy who I work with is not able to make the game this weekend and his kindly given me his ticket for the match. Only problem is it is for the Rangers end! He is a season ticket holder in the main stand at Ibrox. He has also given me his car parking pass, guaranteeing me a space about 100 yards from the stadium.

Question is, could you go and sit on your hands for the 90 minutes amongst the Rangers fans? Could you be quiet if Hibs scored? I suffer quite badly from football tourettes and worry I'd be ejected by stewards within the first 10 mins! :blah:

It is a free ticket though and a chance to see the game.

bighairyfaeleith
23-10-2009, 06:18 AM
Hi All. Just wanted to guage some opinions on the following. A guy who I work with is not able to make the game this weekend and his kindly given me his ticket for the match. Only problem is it is for the Rangers end! He is a season ticket holder in the main stand at Ibrox. He has also given me his car parking pass, guaranteeing me a space about 100 yards from the stadium.

Question is, could you go and sit on your hands for the 90 minutes amongst the Rangers fans? Could you be quiet if Hibs scored? I suffer quite badly from football tourettes and worry I'd be ejected by stewards within the first 10 mins! :blah:

I couldn't do it, but I know a couple of guy that have in the past. Depends upon your nature, personally I cannae keep quiet at games, especially if I was surrrounded by that lot!!

Baldy Foghorn
23-10-2009, 06:42 AM
I have been in Rangers end twice against Hibs, once in the old West enclosure, and once in the Broomloan top.

Both times a horrible experience, surrounded by bigotted half-wits that you could never imagine exist..... Whilst in the top tier of Broomloan, some Rangers fans were arguing amongst themselves as some were not singing the Sash.... Cringeworthy stuff.......

Still if you get the see the Mighty Cabbage, then worth it obviously......:wink:

Thankfully I am in the Hibs section tomorrow:greengrin

Bayern Bru
23-10-2009, 06:51 AM
I have been in Rangers end twice against Hibs, once in the old West enclosure, and once in the Broomloan top.

Both times a horrible experience, surrounded by bigotted half-wits that you could never imagine exist..... Whilst in the top tier of Broomloan, some Rangers fans were arguing amongst themselves as some were not singing the Sash.... Cringeworthy stuff.......

Still if you get the see the Mighty Cabbage, then worth it obviously......:wink:

Thankfully I am in the Hibs section tomorrow:greengrin

I trust you were belting it out with gusto?
:duck::greengrin

I've never once viewed a game from the 'wrong' end...I'm not sure I'd cope too well. Really depends on your own opinion, JH.

erin-go-bragh87
23-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Ive done it once and I have to say never again! I sat in the Club Deck, the upper tier of the main stand, surrounded by Ulster flags and the worst of the biggots! Was a horrible 60 minutes, I walked out after an hour as we were getting beat 3-0.

brythehibby
23-10-2009, 07:04 AM
Ive done it once and I have to say never again! I sat in the Club Deck, the upper tier of the main stand, surrounded by Ulster flags and the worst of the biggots! Was a horrible 60 minutes, I walked out after an hour as we were getting beat 3-0.

Me and my mate sat in there end at the same game. In the broomloan right next to hibs fans! Had to move as mates kept shouting over at us telling everyone we were hibby's!! Left at ht as it was 3-0.

For a neutral that doesn't know what these bigots are like/journalists that don't know how bad they are, should sit in amongst them for a day and see what there like. Horrible expirience.

Mikey
23-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Will you still be sitting on your hands if Danny Galbraith comes on and puts us 1 up in the 87th minute? :wink:

Drive through, take a tin of paint, paint his parking space green and come back home.

Jack
23-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Go, take a video and send the result to the SFA.

Biffa Bacon
23-10-2009, 07:40 AM
Cheers guys. Think I am probably going to go for it. What else am I going to do on a Saturday afternoon?

His seat is behind the away dugout apparently, so if anyone else at the game sees a fracas over that way, it's probably me!

Cabbage East
23-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Just shout fenian b**tards at us in the corner a few times, then racially abuse 1 or 2 rangers players and you'll blend right in :wink:

Good luck :greengrin

cwilliamson85
23-10-2009, 08:41 AM
I would go.

I have been to a derby in the Hearts end before and we scored in the last minute.

I just left by skipping down the stairs with the biggest grin on my face.

Si_17
23-10-2009, 08:42 AM
I survived last season in the home end at Parkhead, despite one inbred looking like he'd guessed my true leanings at half time and giving me a look which suggested he wanted to kill me.

I doubt I'd survive the home end at Ibrox though, I ****ing hate them.

lobster
23-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Just shout fenian b**tards at us in the corner a few times, then racially abuse 1 or 2 rangers players and you'll blend right in :wink:

Good luck :greengrin

:greengrin

It's a seriously tough gig being in with the dambusters. I did it a couple of seasons ago - up the club deck - a truly chilling experience.
I actually bought a copy of Follow Follow fanzine by mistake thinking it was a programme but it seemed to work a treat in terms of making oneself inconspicuous - who knows might be a fun read this time if it includes a reaction to their recent Champions League woes.
Could be even tougher this time because you might need to adopt a more-irate-than-you-mechanism when Hibs win! As John Collins said 'you need to be brave when you come to Ibrox'!
Best of luck!

lyonhibs
23-10-2009, 09:28 AM
I personally couldn't do it. I'd probably explode with frustration/delight as the football is the one time I really lose it, so to be denied that opportunity to go radio rental would not be good for my health!!!

All the more so against Rangers or Hearts :agree: :agree:

Lucius Apuleius
23-10-2009, 10:43 AM
had two invites for tomorrow. No thanks.

panshibby
23-10-2009, 10:51 AM
in Hospitality, in the club deck Main Stand! :flag:

GGTTH

steve75
23-10-2009, 10:55 AM
It's bloody high up there! It might look at bit like FM of old, with wee dots running about. Enjoy, ill be about 50 miles from you, probably(not seen my ticket yet) in the firt row of the corner, again!, below pitch level! But what does it matter when you win?

Billy Whizz
23-10-2009, 10:56 AM
I noticed that its sold out now for the Hibs end:thumbsup:.

Does anyone know how many we have sold for tomorrow?

steve75
23-10-2009, 11:02 AM
I noticed that its sold out now for the Hibs end:thumbsup:.

Does anyone know how many we have sold for tomorrow?

I think we had about 900 to start with, then got 200 extra. So my guess is over the 1000 mark, but i don't know exactly

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-10-2009, 11:21 AM
I remember being in The Rangers end a few years ago, Rangers won 1-0 if I remember rightly, I think it was one of the seasons Hearts had a decent chance of challenging for the title, unfortunately they lost 4-1 at home to The Dons that day so I just passed the time relaying the latest score from Tynie to my new found friends! :greengrin

Keith_M
23-10-2009, 11:30 AM

Drive through, take a tin of paint, paint his parking space green and come back home.

:faf:

blueisthecolour
23-10-2009, 11:33 AM

Not being funny but has this guy no mates that are rangers fans to give ticket to?

Anyway I will give you my view, If you take the ticket and it's in the main stand, you will be going to the most reserved part of the ground, mostly older folk, right behind the dugout is the enclosure the next tier up is the main stand so you are a bit away from the dugout, although if it's in line with the dug out you will be fine this is where the directors and media sit not much happens in this area, but if you can't keep quiet especially if hibs score you should think twice about going.

Jack
23-10-2009, 11:37 AM
I think you'll be all right.

I hear Rangers are swapping the home and away ends round due to lack of interest from their fans, just hide in the toilets when the wee man comes roond te tell awbdy move thur seats!

bboy
23-10-2009, 11:39 AM
We sold just over 1200 as we we were given an xtra 320 tickets according to one of the guys in the ticket office:greengrin

Saorsa
23-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Not being funny but has this guy no mates that are rangers fans to give ticket to?

Anyway I will give you my view, If you take the ticket and it's in the main stand, you will be going to the most reserved part of the ground, mostly older folk, right behind the dugout is the enclosure the next tier up is the main stand so you are a bit away from the dugout, although if it's in line with the dug out you will be fine this is where the directors and media sit not much happens in this area, but if you can't keep quiet especially if hibs score you should think twice about going.Are there that many still desperate for a ticket tae go after you're fantastic midweek Euro result :faf:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/bluebearsurrender.gif

Edit: Personally I'd rather poke my eyes oot with knitting needles and bleed tae death the sit amongst that shower of *****e.

blueisthecolour
23-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Are there that many still desperate for a ticket tae go after you're fantastic midweek Euro result :faf:

Im sure it will be easy to get tickets for the rangers end, always is, I wasn't trying to be funny, but if I was going to give my ticket away it would be to another rangers fan.

Keith_M
23-10-2009, 11:51 AM
.... but if you can't keep quiet especially if hibs score you should think twice about going.

I think this applies pretty much to any fan going in the wrong end at a game. I've done this ONCE before, away to Stirling Albion, and I couldn't believe how venemous the home fans were, even to the point of wanting to go boxing without a couple of 'outed' Hibbies nearby. If it's like that at Stirling, I dread to think what it'll be like at Ibrox.

I've also had recounted a tale of a Rangers fan I knew (who, would you believe, wouldn't say boo to a Goose) who went into the West Stand at ER with his FOUR year old son, and his treatment didn't exactly warm the Cockles of the heart, so to speak.

To make it clear, they were only outed because someone noticed the wee boy had a rangers top under his jacket.

lyonhibs
23-10-2009, 12:00 PM
bboy;2214462]We sold just over 1200 as we we were given an xtra 320 tickets according to one of the guys in the ticket office[/B]:greengrin

Yup, picked up my ticket today :agree:

1220 is a decent Ibrox support :thumbsup:

Cabbage East
23-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Good luck not celebrating when we score :greengrin

Keith_M
23-10-2009, 12:03 PM
in Hospitality, in the club deck Main Stand! :flag:

GGTTH

I hope you realise that's a long way to fall when you get 'outed' after hibs score and get thrown off the top deck....

:wink:

Biffa Bacon
23-10-2009, 12:18 PM
....especially if hibs score you should think twice about going.

Don't you mean WHEN Hibs score? :wink::devil:

kenshrek
23-10-2009, 12:38 PM
I was on the RFC Bishopbriggs Supporters bus to Ibrox a couple of seasons ago with a bluenose mate of mine. They knew I was a Hibbie and gave me some stick. Went to the Neptune Lodge before the game and got some more stick. Sat in the Copeland for the match, the one where David Murphy scored the winning and only goal and we passed them off the park. The Copeland Bears never knew I was a Hibbie so I survived. Never went back on the bus tho, I'm no that daft. Had a great day tho. If we win it's a great experience so I'd go but keep your mouth shut. Defeat isn't worth thinking about. :faf:

panshibby
23-10-2009, 12:42 PM
I hope you realise that's a long way to fall when you get 'outed' after hibs score and get thrown off the top deck....

:wink:

Could be sore!!!! :wink:

Hibercelona
23-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Try sitting in the home end at Airdrie...

Horrid horrid place! :bitchy:

Alicky Ranks
23-10-2009, 12:50 PM
I've done it once before at Ibrox and also sat with the Hearts fans during a derby. Wouldn't say I enjoyed either experience, but I don't find it that hard to keep quiet when Hibs score. Potentially the most difficult bit is if Rangers score, but I found that as long as you stand up with everyone else they're all to busy celebrating to notice you're not. IIRC we drew 2-2 at Ibrox that day. The derby finished 0-0 so it was quite an easy ride (my main memory of it was that I think Hearts fans hate Hibs a lot more than we hate them).

Hibercelona
23-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I've done it once before at Ibrox and also sat with the Hearts fans during a derby. Wouldn't say I enjoyed either experience, but I don't find it that hard to keep quiet when Hibs score. Potentially the most difficult bit is if Rangers score, but I found that as long as you stand up with everyone else they're all to busy celebrating to notice you're not. IIRC we drew 2-2 at Ibrox that day. The derby finished 0-0 so it was quite an easy ride (my main memory of it was that I think Hearts fans hate Hibs a lot more than we hate them).

We pitty them more than hate. :agree:

Alicky Ranks
23-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Are there that many still desperate for a ticket tae go after you're fantastic midweek Euro result :faf:

Edit: Personally I'd rather poke my eyes oot with knitting needles and bleed tae death the sit amongst that shower of *****e.

I don't think you mean that.

blueisthecolour
23-10-2009, 12:58 PM
I was on the RFC Bishopbriggs Supporters bus to Ibrox a couple of seasons ago with a bluenose mate of mine. They knew I was a Hibbie and gave me some stick. Went to the Neptune Lodge before the game and got some more stick. Sat in the Copeland for the match, the one where David Murphy scored the winning and only goal and we passed them off the park. The Copeland Bears never knew I was a Hibbie so I survived. Never went back on the bus tho, I'm no that daft. Had a great day tho. If we win it's a great experience so I'd go but keep your mouth shut. Defeat isn't worth thinking about. :faf:

Sorry mate, I don't point out spelling mistakes as Im prob the worst at it, but this one is a pet hate of mine.

You get away with it as your a hibby though, not acceptable if you where a bear:wink:

It's copland.

blueisthecolour
23-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Don't you mean WHEN Hibs score? :wink::devil:

If I was a hibs fan, I would worry if they didn't score everyone seems to do it:boo hoo:

lyonhibs
23-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Sorry mate, I don't point out spelling mistakes as Im prob the worst at it, but this one is a pet hate of mine.

You get away with it as your a hibby though, not acceptable if you where a bear:wink:

It's copland.

:cool2::faf::faf:

The definition of a self-fulfilling prophecy. That's not only a spelling mistake, it's a completely different word!!

blueisthecolour
23-10-2009, 01:06 PM
:cool2::faf::faf:

The definition of a self-fulfilling prophecy. That's not only a spelling mistake, it's a completely different word!!

As I said im no different from anyone else, I make my fair share of mistakes,(prob more than most) but the copland one is a pet hate.:wink:

lyonhibs
23-10-2009, 01:07 PM
As I said im no different from anyone else, I make my fair share of mistakes,(prob more than most) but the copland one is a pet hate.:wink:

Fare enough :agree:

O'Rourke3
23-10-2009, 01:17 PM
I was in the club deck the day Jackson scored the winning penalty. It's actually easy to sit on your hands as you enjoy thousands of the opposition spewing, turning purple and generally suffering coronaries :greengrin.

Wasn't even a penalty :thumbsup:

Here's hoping for the same result.

Hibercelona
23-10-2009, 01:22 PM
I was in the club deck the day Jackson scored the winning penalty. It's actually easy to sit on your hands as you enjoy thousands of the opposition spewing, turning purple and generally suffering coronaries :greengrin.

Wasn't even a penalty :thumbsup:

Here's hoping for the same result.

Richmond as referee.... theres your answer. :wink:

Dashing Bob S
23-10-2009, 02:34 PM
I've had the misfortune to do this, most recently in Ibrox hospitality, where I shall be again tomorrow, sporting a tasteful Harp lapel badge. Great to be entertained by Huns, eat and drink for free, preferably whilst gubbing them, as happened at the 3-0 Sproule and 1-0 Collins games.

I had the enlightening experience of sitting in the Copeland on a Sticky chum's ST several years back, and I can't endorse the above descriptions of bigoted, ignorant, inbred, mutant, half-wits, simply because I would have to go much, much further than that.

I really have never seen the likes before, and hopefully will never do so again. It was as if some large-scale genetic experiment had been conducted and had gone terribly wrong. I'm deadly serious when I say that this was way beyond the slagging that I would give to normal rival football supporters, no matter how distasteful I found them. The place seemed populated by grotesque, other-worldly creatures, who at the very best, managed to maintain some tenuous, twisted parody of the least fortunate members of the human race. As for the worst of them, well, I know where our more 'out there' science fiction writers go for their influences. My emotions went thus; from shock to loathing to contempt to pity. I came too feel sorry for those creatures, for those crushing limitations they displayed in taste, humor, intellect, and finally, their weak, poisoned and pathetic souls.

So the adventurer in me, would say, go, certainly, for the experience. Once you get over the shock of the existence of those things, you will leave the stadium, irrespective of the result, euphoric due to the sheer relief and vindication that you are not one of them.

The Borg from Star Trek would never be able to assimilate that lot, it would mean the end of their civilization if they daft enough to try.

Reading this back, it comes across as slightly humorous. This is not my intention.

weecounty hibby
23-10-2009, 02:47 PM
I was offered a ticket for the Rangers end tomorrow, it is a corporate season ticket but I just can't bring myself to sit among them I would just feal so unclean.
I have a couple of mates who have done it before in the club deck and their description was akin to DBS above. They wore no colours and kept quiet for most of the time but they swear that the Huns could tell just by looking at them that they were Hibbys. Probably as they had more than the one eye in the middle of their forehead and also had more than two teeth!

Anyway c'mon boys do us proud on and off the park. :flag::scarf:

Tomsk
23-10-2009, 03:56 PM

Among the Huns? That'll be coco!

I wouldn't even go to the away end. I've never been to the place. I have had numerous offers of corporate seats and for corporate events but I would sooner eat me own c*** than spend any time in the company of that filth. In fact, I've never even been a Huns game at ER since 1977.

lyonhibs
23-10-2009, 03:58 PM

Among the Huns? That'll be coco!

I wouldn't even go to the away end. I've never been to the place. I have had numerous offers of corporate seats and for corporate events but I would sooner eat me own c*** than spend any time in the company of that filth. In fact, I've never even been a Huns game at ER since 1977.

Stop sitting on the fence FFS!! :greengrin

erskine-hibby
23-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Try sitting in the home end at Airdrie...

Horrid horrid place! :bitchy:

You mean try going to Airdrie... full stop!.:greengrin

blueisthecolour
23-10-2009, 04:47 PM

Just thought I would add, your mate was good enough to give you his ticket, If hibs score and you jump your mate could lose his ticket, so if you can't sit through a goal you should give it a miss.

HibbyAndy
23-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Just thought I would add, your mate was good enough to give you his ticket, If hibs score and you jump your mate could lose his ticket, so if you can't sit through a goal you should give it a miss.

WHEN Hibs score :wink:

blueisthecolour
24-10-2009, 07:51 PM

Well did you take the ticket, how was it?

Hibercelona
24-10-2009, 07:59 PM

Aye... Im sure he felt like he was at disney land. :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2009, 08:01 PM

It's copland.

:faf: Irony or stupidity?

Onceinawhile
24-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Fare enough :agree:

:top marks

vahibbie
24-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Obviously I wasn't at Ibrox but had to settle for watching the game on a "dodgey" site which unfortunately had online chat.
What a total bunch of bigoted morons these guys are. Nothing but Fenian this and tattie howkers that, along with the usual FTP and Big Jock Knew *****e the whole *** game.
How they can say these guys are in the minority is amazing. Total ****s the lot of them.

Have to admit tho, I left them with a GIRFUY ya DOBs at the end. Childish I know but what the hell:wink:

blueisthecolour
24-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Obviously I wasn't at Ibrox but had to settle for watching the game on a "dodgey" site which unfortunately had online chat.
What a total bunch of bigoted morons these guys are. Nothing but Fenian this and tattie howkers that, along with the usual FTP and Big Jock Knew *****e the whole *** game.
How they can say these guys are in the minority is amazing. Total ****s the lot of them.

Have to admit tho, I left them with a GIRFUY ya DOBs at the end. Childish I know but what the hell:wink:

You usally find these guys are on the same site every game call themselfs big rangers fans but couldn't tell you what ibrox looked like.

joe breezy
24-10-2009, 09:07 PM
On most sites you can hide the chat. The chat is usually infantile regardless of what teams are playing, even when I've been watching ice hockey so best to click the hide button anyway.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Did anyone get beaten up by those nasty celtic fans who roam the streets today?:faf::faf:

--------
24-10-2009, 09:20 PM
You mean try going to Airdrie... full stop!.:greengrin

Oy! I live in Airdrie - well, just outside it.

Hasnae done me any harm.....

:rolleyes:

Biffa Bacon
25-10-2009, 10:57 AM

Didn't end up going after all! When I heard about all the M8 delays and took in some opinions from others, felt it was best to leave it. Listening to it on the radio was bad enough, shouting and screaming my head off, so I don't think I'd have managed to last 5 mins without giving away my true colours!

erskine-hibby
25-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Oy! I live in Airdrie - well, just outside it.

Hasnae done me any harm.....

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't shout about that bud:greengrin

Iggy Pope
25-10-2009, 05:36 PM

Anyway I will give you my view, If you take the ticket and it's in the main stand, you will be going to the most reserved part of the ground, mostly older folk, right behind the dugout is the enclosure the next tier up is the main stand so you are a bit away from the dugout, although if it's in line with the dug out you will be fine this is where the directors and media sit not much happens in this area, but if you can't keep quiet especially if hibs score you should think twice about going.

Hmmm.
I was fortunate enough to get some hospitality myself yesterday.
Front row of the Main Stand.
Fairly reserved right enough apart from the pathetic old hun to the right of me. Looked to be in his 70s, and constantly referred to Zemmamma as a 'reptile'. 'Need a towel to shake hands with that greasy *******' was another riposte.
Various hapless huns were advised to 'away and bless yersel' when failing in their admittedly futile attempts at beating the cabbage.
I should have had a word or better still threw an elbow in his decrepit old puss, but I would not have lasted long.
Sat on my hands instead and managed to enjoy a pulstaing encounter. Which the septegenarian cretin to the right of me obviously never.
I hope your new generation are getting better as the present one really can't die quick enough for me.