PDA

View Full Version : Taking the car to Ibrox on Saturday..

California-Hibs
22-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Where's the best place to park? What time does the carpark where the buses go (just across the road from the stadium) open at? And can us Hibees park our cars there? How much does it cost and is this the best option?
I usually go on a Hibs bus whenever i go along to ibrox, but i'm already going to be in Glasgow on Saturday morning with the car, so i'm just wondering where the best place to park is.
I have a vision of while i'm driving along the road, getting closer to the stadium, and theres all the huns walking past me in my car, giving me the evils:sick:
I guess i'll just have to resist the urged to have the window down blasting out the Hibs tunes, and giving it the ''C'MON THE HIBS YA DIRTY HUNS'' :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
22-10-2009, 09:24 PM
I think its your best option. Yes you can park your car there but im not sure how much and what time it opens at but our bus is usually there at 1 or half 1 and its open then. (any bus conveners know about prices?)

Www1875hfc
22-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Think its £13 for a bus and £6 for cars.

jgl07
22-10-2009, 11:48 PM
I would travel early.

The roads always snarl up when Rangers are at home.

I think there are road works over the weekend so it could be worse than usual.

silverhibee
23-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Where's the best place to park? What time does the carpark where the buses go (just across the road from the stadium) open at? And can us Hibees park our cars there? How much does it cost and is this the best option?
I usually go on a Hibs bus whenever i go along to ibrox, but i'm already going to be in Glasgow on Saturday morning with the car, so i'm just wondering where the best place to park is.
I have a vision of while i'm driving along the road, getting closer to the stadium, and theres all the huns walking past me in my car, giving me the evils:sick:
I guess i'll just have to resist the urged to have the window down blasting out the Hibs tunes, and giving it the ''C'MON THE HIBS YA DIRTY HUNS'' :rolleyes:

£7.00 for the car park for a car. Day light robbery if you ask me, but your car will be safe in the away car park.

Removed
23-10-2009, 12:06 AM

£7.00 for the car park for a car. Day light robbery if you ask me, but your car will be safe in the away car park.

:agree: It is a rip off, but if you park further up the road it only costs £1 and a wee boy will even personally look after it for you. Top service :thumbsup:

hibsforeurope
23-10-2009, 07:41 AM
The last couple of time I have parked on the road that runs over the M8 (where the police Headquarters are) had no problems at all. Even walking up past the petrol station etc past all the huns.

Best of all its free and fairly safe being outside the police station.

California-Hibs
23-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Cheers for all the feedback guys :thumbsup:

blueisthecolour
23-10-2009, 10:30 AM
The last couple of time I have parked on the road that runs over the M8 (where the police Headquarters are) had no problems at all. Even walking up past the petrol station etc past all the huns.

Best of all its free and fairly safe being outside the police station.

Doing this can be a risk, they have started to lift cars now on matchdays, just about 100 yds from where the away fans enter the ground there is a garage yard, the owner lets fans park in there for about £4 but it is a safe place to park.

M8UDB
23-10-2009, 10:36 AM

£7 sounds alright to me if they can guarentee my wheels will still be on the car when i get back :agree:

California-Hibs
23-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Yeah i think i'm just gonna go into the 6-7 pound carpark with the buses. Lets hope i make it there with the car still with all its windows! I'm not one for being quiet when im around huns...i bloody HATE them!

Ants
23-10-2009, 10:05 PM
I think it would be safer parking the car at the Centurian and then getting on the shuttle bus through to the pits.

Cameron1875
24-10-2009, 12:18 AM
The retail park with ASDA in it is where my uncle usually parks. Only 5 mins walk from ground aswell.

Allant1981
24-10-2009, 07:41 AM
I parked up in an industrial estate the last time we were there and my car was fine, like someone else said you get the wee guy coming along wanting a couple of quid to make sure he doesnt nick the wheels