Is the celtic game on the tele tonight?

itv 4 after the lazio v villareal game thats on the now

bingo70
22-10-2009, 06:22 PM
itv 4 after the lazio v villareal game thats on the now

cheers, just noticed that, i was being a dick :agree:

VegasHibby
22-10-2009, 06:45 PM
5-0 now. Benfica on fire. Could've been 10. Alot of Everton fans left 5 mins into second half.

Onceinawhile
22-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Oscar Cardozo is really finding his form this season :thumbsup::agree:

Think he might be a wild card for Golden boot at the World Cup

VegasHibby
22-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Still 0-0 at Parkhead
Ajax 1-0 (2min penalty)
Ventspils (who the F are they ?) 0-1 Sporting Club

VegasHibby
22-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Fulham 1-0 Roma

Hainan Hibs
22-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Good to see a European ref not fooled by Mcgeady, diving barsteward.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2009, 08:01 PM
I'd have put money on Susan Boyle being a celtic fan, she has that look.:faf:

bingo70
22-10-2009, 08:02 PM
I'd have put money on Susan Boyle being a celtic fan, she has that look.:faf:

:agree:

She hadn't worked for years either, absolute stick on celtic fan.

rab1875
22-10-2009, 08:04 PM
:agree:

She hadn't worked for years either, absolute stick on celtic fan.

Think the moustache gave it away

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Its hard enough being a celtic fan
and watching this team toil
seeing rubbish on the park
and listening to susan boyle

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Bloody crossbar. :grr:

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Soldier song loud and clear AT PARKHEAD, i wonder if Mr Regan heard it, as he seems to think its only away games these songs are sung.:confused:

hibee_girl
22-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Celtic 0 - 1 Hamburg :faf:

ronaldo7
22-10-2009, 08:24 PM
1-0 Hamburg:thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
0-1 Hamburg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blackpoolhibs
aroot toot toot, the smellies are oot.:thumbsup:

Westie1875
Goal, Hamburg :greengrin

steakbake
22-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Mowbray exposed.

Hainan Hibs
1-0, very lovely indeed:greengrin

weecounty hibby
Be interesting to see the reaction to Saint Tony if they get beat. There are already a couple of Celtic fans where I work calling him a C*** etc

Winston Ingram
22-10-2009, 08:27 PM
'mon the Burgers!!!:thumbsup:

CapitalHibs
22-10-2009, 08:29 PM
:hahaha: celtc

Betty Boop
22-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Why have the Hamburg fans got Rangers scarves and Union Jacks? :confused:

bingo70
22-10-2009, 08:33 PM

Commentator mentioned earlier something about Rangers and Hamburg fans having a good relationship since they signed Albertz from them.

rab1875
22-10-2009, 08:33 PM

just to wind up susan boyle fans and back jorge albertz days

Part/Time Supporter
22-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Commentator mentioned earlier something about Rangers and Hamburg fans having a good relationship since they signed Albertz from them.

One of Celtc's "special relationships" is with St. Pauli (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=celtic+st.pauli&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a), who are the trendy / unsuccessful club in Hamburg. Fair dos to HSV for getting their own back at ra Sellick.

I should also point out that on one of their previous trips to Scotland, HSV were humped 3-0 at Muirton (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA-Pokal_1971/72#1._Runde). I think they've been to Parkhead twice since and are about to hump Celtc for a second time (first time was in 96/97 (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA-Pokal_1996/97#Erste_Runde)). The Sheep also beat them in the Super Cup final.

:greengrin

Hibercelona
22-10-2009, 08:40 PM
At least the SPL refs arent that bad. :faf:

Fulham keeper saves the pen! :thumbsup:

CapitalHibs
22-10-2009, 09:02 PM
FT:thumbsup:

Hope this costs them a pisspot of money:faf:

Mowbray's coat on a shoogly peg?

magpie1892
22-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Did I miss something that happened after the final whistle? Was distracted then zoned in to the presenter saying something about 'losing with class'?

CMac1988
22-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Celtic played well to be honest, just unfortunate for them that they couldn't find the back of the net.

Anyone else see McGeady playing for a penalty yet again?

rabcp1
22-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Did I miss something that happened after the final whistle? Was distracted then zoned in to the presenter saying something about 'losing with class'?

The Hamburger players where trying to celebrate with there fans at full time, as they always do and surprise, surprise the weegie police stepped in :rolleyes:

magpie1892
22-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Celtic played well to be honest, just unfortunate for them that they couldn't find the back of the net.

Anyone else see McGeady playing for a penalty yet again?

Celtic did not play well. They created one chance of note in 90 minutes.

What game were you watching?!

weecounty hibby
22-10-2009, 09:09 PM
I thought Celtic were poor, worked hard but had no real quality and were very quick to play route one

magpie1892
22-10-2009, 09:10 PM
The Hamburger players where trying to celebrate with there fans at full time, as they always do and surprise, surprise the weegie police stepped in :rolleyes:

Ta muchly. Surprise indeed.

lapsedhibee
22-10-2009, 09:10 PM

The Hamburger manager fulminated, which was what led to the commentator remarking that it's as important to know how to win with class as to lose with class.

magpie1892
22-10-2009, 09:12 PM
The Hamburger manager fulminated, which was what led to the commentator remarking that it's as important to know how to win with class as to lose with class.

Ta again.

hibbie02
22-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Makes you realise how pish they really are, and by definition, how pish the SPL is. McGeady was a complete non-entity all game and yet in the SPL he is some sort of mythical winger. Hamburg are by no means a great side and they made the Smellies look ordinary. If the Atlantic League takes off I hope they have a relegation strategy with 3 in and 3 relegated and the OF will be oot in the first season along with the Faroes representative!!!

Westie1875
22-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Mowbray again moaning on the radio about the quality of player he has - he will lose that dressing room very soon if he carries on with this chat regularly.

weecounty hibby
22-10-2009, 09:20 PM
He is starting to come across as a bit of a twat. I had loads of respect for him and used to enjoy listening to his views on football but he is now sounding a bit pathetic

CMac1988
22-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Celtic did not play well. They created one chance of note in 90 minutes.

What game were you watching?!

Considering the opposition i thought they played well.

They made quite a few chances throughout the game. Brown's first half attempt which he should have tried to volley.
McDonald's swivel and shot which although was a half chance was still a chance.
Naylor's low cross along the box which unfortunately McDonald couldnt get onto.
A few corners crossed into the box were headed towards goal were a tad too high (Samaras, and Caldwell).
McCourt's attempt on goal was a little soft and hopeful but was still worth a bash.
Brown also made a couple of half hearted shots from outside the box when he found a little space.

There are others but i believe that these make up for a decent attacking game which just missed a bit of finnesse and quality.

Hainan Hibs
22-10-2009, 09:22 PM
He is starting to come across as a bit of a twat. I had loads of respect for him and used to enjoy listening to his views on football but he is now sounding a bit pathetic

It's something about becoming the manager of Celtic, same thing happened to Strachan, two guys who I had respect for and within a matter of months turned into grade 1 ********s.

Dashing Bob S
22-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Mogga has the sound and bearing of a man who knows he has made the wrong move. I can see him failing and being launched. If they can't finish above an unbelievably poor Huns side -and the sad thing is it can't be taken as given- he'll be elbowed.

CMac1988
22-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Mogga has the sound and bearing of a man who knows he has made the wrong move. I can see him failing and being launched. If they can't finish above an unbelievably poor Huns side -and the sad thing is it can't be taken as given- he'll be elbowed.

That's the thing, the fans obviuously aren't chuffed with him, but will they and the board still have him around if he only manages to scrape the league title?

Winston Ingram
22-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Makes you realise how pish they really are, and by definition, how pish the SPL is. McGeady was a complete non-entity all game and yet in the SPL he is some sort of mythical winger. Hamburg are by no means a great side and they made the Smellies look ordinary. If the Atlantic League takes off I hope they have a relegation strategy with 3 in and 3 relegated and the OF will be oot in the first season along with the Faroes representative!!!

Hamburg are an excellent side. IIRC they reached the UEFA Cup Semi final last year and are currently 2nd in the Bundesliga.:confused:

Hibercelona
22-10-2009, 09:54 PM
It's something about becoming the manager of Celtic, same thing happened to Strachan, two guys who I had respect for and within a matter of months turned into grade 1 ********s.

Same with Mcleish when he went to Rankers. :agree:

Hibercelona
22-10-2009, 09:55 PM
I think one of Mowbrays major flaws at the moment is talking his players up far too much in interviews.

I very much doubt the players will be enjoying the pressure.

Or maybe hes still full of Hibby blood... and is trying to do us a favour in the league. :cool2:

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Is anyone else bored to death with this new format? They are trying to make it like the champions league, but stadiums are empty, fans are voting with their feet. They need to quickly get back to a straight knockout competition, its far more exciting than this pish.:yawn:

magpie1892
22-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Considering the opposition i thought they played well.

They made quite a few chances throughout the game. Brown's first half attempt which he should have tried to volley.
McDonald's swivel and shot which although was a half chance was still a chance.
Naylor's low cross along the box which unfortunately McDonald couldnt get onto.
A few corners crossed into the box were headed towards goal were a tad too high (Samaras, and Caldwell).
McCourt's attempt on goal was a little soft and hopeful but was still worth a bash.
Brown also made a couple of half hearted shots from outside the box when he found a little space.

There are others but i believe that these make up for a decent attacking game which just missed a bit of finnesse and quality.

I said 'chance of note'...

The fact that, by your own admission, the Declans lacked 'finesse and quality' (and I couldn't agree more) makes me wonder why you assert that they played well? They were very, very ordinary.

They are a very, very ordinary side.

blueisthecolour
22-10-2009, 10:26 PM

It's not to do with Albertz, it goes way back to the seventy's, the glaswegian pub( a big rangers pub) have a hamburg loyal supporters club, this pub and the few rangers pubs where packed out today with the germans.

ancient hibee
22-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.Interesting discussion about 6.30 on Radio Scotland about Scott Brown.John Collins made the point that he is nowhere near the exciting player he was at ER because with Mowbray playing what are basically 2 wingers Brown has to sit in midfield and as a result Celtic are not playing to his strengths which are aggression and attack with the pace to go past players over a 30 yard run.Richard Gordon also commented that none of the good players who left ER appear to be performing at the level they did when there and why was that?Answer came there none!

magpie1892
22-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.Interesting discussion about 6.30 on Radio Scotland about Scott Brown.John Collins made the point that he is nowhere near the exciting player he was at ER because with Mowbray playing what are basically 2 wingers Brown has to sit in midfield and as a result Celtic are not playing to his strengths which are aggression and attack with the pace to go past players over a 30 yard run.Richard Gordon also commented that none of the good players who left ER appear to be performing at the level they did when there and why was that?Answer came there none!

Because neither of the bigot brothers have the slightest scoobie about how to correctly develop a player?

Watch them excel at 'smaller' clubs, snap them up then stick them in as the finished article or (too many examples to list here) bench them.

The hun and the declans are so used to other clubs scouting and developing their players that they have no clue what to do with the players they cherry-pick from the rest.

Neither side really knows anything about grass roots football. Clubs of that stature and history should be producing the most exciting talents in Scotland in huge numbers but they're so used to other people doing the hard work for them they've become impotent.

And now the cash has dried up to facilitate their harvesting, we see the results in Europe and, in terms of the standard of performance, domestically.

What a crying shame.

Unwanted in England, hated in Scotland.

CMac1988
23-10-2009, 12:20 AM
I said 'chance of note'...

The fact that, by your own admission, the Declans lacked 'finesse and quality' (and I couldn't agree more) makes me wonder why you assert that they played well? They were very, very ordinary.

They are a very, very ordinary side.

Surely a couple of the mentioned attacks were worthy of note? :wink:

Thats just it though, Celtic are an oridinary side this season, as are Rangers. Why is it that people expect better of them? (not you in particular). Why is it when there not winning their playing crap? I mean consider the circumstances:

A. the team couldn't buy a goal when it matters, and
B. there defence just isn't as solid as it was in previous seasons

For them only to be defeated by one goal and make a few chances here and there, for me seems like a step in the right direction. Thats why I thought that they played well.

Perhaps i shouldve said 'they didn't play too bad...' :greengrin

vahibbie
23-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Soldier song loud and clear AT PARKHEAD, i wonder if Mr Regan heard it, as he seems to think its only away games these songs are sung.:confused:
C'mon now, TBF they've got nout else to sing about.
Fall back on the true and tried old bigotry *****e.

Anyway, it's only a few of them:faf:

monktonharp
23-10-2009, 01:51 AM
Mogga has the sound and bearing of a man who knows he has made the wrong move. I can see him failing and being launched. If they can't finish above an unbelievably poor Huns side -and the sad thing is it can't be taken as given- he'll be elbowed.:agree:felt after a couple of games that he had made a baaaad move

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2009, 07:39 AM
C'mon now, TBF they've got nout else to sing about.
Fall back on the true and tried old bigotry *****e.

Anyway, it's only a few of them:faf:

I wonder if Jack will blame the ITV, perhaps it was them who slipped it in, remember these songs are only sung at away games, and have not been heard at parkhead in years. It must have been a hun sound man, trying to get the club into trouble, it cant have been real celtic fans. :confused:

hibbie02
23-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Hamburg are an excellent side. IIRC they reached the UEFA Cup Semi final last year and are currently 2nd in the Bundesliga.:confused:

Aye and Rangers were in the UEFA Cup Final 2 years ago and are top of the SPL, doesnae make them great either......

A good team would have done to Celtic what UU did to the Stickies. Celtic were hopeless last night, couldnae string passes together and kept falling over the baw. McGeady was Nade.