PDA

View Full Version : David Murphy.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2009, 11:15 AM
In todays papers down here, it says Birmingham are going to try for Gareth Bale in the January window. I know Murphy is injured at the moment, but if he was fit, a sneeky loan bid in January would strengthen the squad, and maybe give us the quality and push we will need to clinch a european place?

Tinyclothes
22-10-2009, 11:17 AM
In todays papers down here, it says Birmingham are going to try for Gareth Bale in the January window. I know Murphy is injured at the moment, but if he was fit, a sneeky loan bid in January would strengthen the squad, and maybe give us the quality and push we will need to clinch a european place?

I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

hibsbollah
22-10-2009, 11:20 AM
:agree:That would be the best signing we could make

MussiHibee
22-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Could not afford Murphy. He will go out on loan to a Championship side IMO.

West Brom Anyone?

aberhibsfc
22-10-2009, 11:28 AM

If we could afford him, I'd take him back no problem

Although Hibs have a big place in his heart, he'll remain in England because of better money and it's England.

I don't think he'd come back to Hibs, at least not until the last year or two of his career.

_hucks_
22-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Whilst I'd love it, I can't see it happening. He wanted to play in England, and now he's there, I reckon he'll stay there. Out of the whole Mowbray team though, he was in my mind the most important player. He had an unbelievable first touch and could ping passes all over the park. And a true professional and gentleman to boot. I wish him well in all he does.

Cocaine&Caviar
22-10-2009, 12:18 PM
:agree:That would be the best signing we could make

Why? Surely we would be best strengthening in a position where we need to, such as a dominant CB or defensively sound RB, not LB where we have arguably the best in the league in Murray?

_hucks_
22-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Why? Surely we would be best strengthening in a position where we need to, such as a dominant CB or defensively sound RB, not LB where we have arguably the best in the league in Murray?
Murph at left back would allow Murray to move into the middle.

Alex Trager
22-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Murphy coming back would be the best thing hughes has done- although i dont believe it will happen, he's a perfect player and a true gentleman.

If he were to push into left back and murray into the centre we could either drop hogg or push bamba into the midfield and drop one of our midfielders, dont know who though as our midfeild are finally coming together nicely:greengrin

TornadoHibby
22-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Murph at left back would allow Murray to move into the middle.

Who would you see dropping out to make way for him then?:confused: :dunno: :hmmm:

JDanielR1875
22-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Murphy would be a good move but i dont think he wil come back to us.

500miles
22-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Not be long until someone says "right back". However, Murray has never played well there.

FraserHFC
22-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Who would you see dropping out to make way for him then?:confused: :dunno: :hmmm:

Hogg

HibbyAndy
22-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Nah the Murph's gone..had a brilliant time with Hibs and the fans loved him,he's had his time withe Cabbage.

Id be looking to get someone like Mulgrew in on the wages we could afford, BUT id rather RB was addressed before LB.

Danderhall Hibs
22-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Could not afford Murphy. He will go out on loan to a Championship side IMO.

West Brom Anyone?

Why West Brom? Mowbray's not there anymore.

He is at Celtic though...:duck:

Cocaine&Caviar
22-10-2009, 04:46 PM
and they have a great young english left back in Mattock...

Winston Ingram
22-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Bale will not be going to Birmingham for £3m. Spurs paid £10m for him and Redknapp rates him very highly

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Bale will not be going to Birmingham for £3m. Spurs paid £10m for him and Redknapp rates him very highly

It said £6m in my paper today.

Hibs Giant
22-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Murphy coming back would be the best thing that's ever happened.

_hucks_
22-10-2009, 06:11 PM

Replying to the poster saying we needed to strengthen CB when we already had Murray for the LB role. I assume he wants rid of Hogg (and i can see why, although I'd give him a wee bit more time, but that's a debate for another thread altogether.)

hibsbollah
22-10-2009, 07:06 PM

Two reasons; 1. Murphy is just a class act, in my opinion superior to any defender we've had since Sauzee (although it could be argued whether Sauzee was a 'defender' in a conventional sense anyway). A player of that class brings everyone else up a notch. 2. Left back's not the only position Murray can play anyway, as has already been pointed out.

I agree with you about right back, although I still have hope for McCann.