PDA

View Full Version : Yams Stewart admits Hearts are just a bunch of passengers, publicisies Remembrance shirt

Phil D. Rolls
21-10-2009, 05:28 PM
How else do you describe that monstrosity they paraded on the telly tonight. And the strip was pretty hideous too.

ginger_rice
21-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Haven't had the telly on what was it? :confused:

lapsedhibee
21-10-2009, 05:38 PM
How else do you describe that monstrosity they paraded on the telly tonight. And the strip was pretty hideous too.

Nade's been modelling a WWI anniversary shirt with integral poppy? Or wot? :confused:

ancient hibee
21-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Strange people about aren't there.

Mag7
22-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Morale-building stuff from the captain of the sinking ship HMFC:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Stewart-rues-loss-of-quality.5755844.jp

Alicky Ranks
22-10-2009, 08:58 AM
I think most yams regard Stewart as one of the biggest passengers of the lot! Fact it Hearts ain't a proper football club any more, and haven't been for a long time. Just a bunch of random shirt-fillers to give the fans something to cling to. No identity, no soul, no nothing. They should be put out of their misery asap.

bighairyfaeleith
22-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Whats with the remembrance strip???

Is this because hertz beat hitler on their own again :blah::blah::blah:

How fat is mikey stewart (http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1832571,00.html)

Cabbage East
22-10-2009, 09:04 AM
More cringeworthy rememberance day hijacking from the yams.

Mag7
22-10-2009, 09:06 AM

While respect for the war dead is always due, Hearts do seem to have really started milking the whole thing in recent years. Why call a press conference about this? Is the strip actually going to go on sale?! If so it's a rather crass money-making venture.

bighairyfaeleith
22-10-2009, 09:06 AM
I think mikey might be pregnant, or has nade been taking for extra training sessions :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
22-10-2009, 09:07 AM
While respect for the war dead is always due, Hearts do seem to have really started milking the whole thing in recent years. Why call a press conference about this? Is the strip actually going to go on sale?! If so it's a rather crass money-making venture.

precisely, how much of the £49.99 is going to charity?????

seriously, 49.99 :bye:

Part/Time Supporter
22-10-2009, 09:07 AM

How fat is mikey stewart (http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1832571,00.html)

Kaiser Bill, not Hitler. I think they're willing to share the credit for beating Hitler.

:greengrin

Hibee87
22-10-2009, 09:09 AM
I think fair play to hearts on this one, all money raised o nthe 250 rememberence shirt will be split between 3 charities so good on them :top marks

also it says they will be wearing them on the derby, so i hpe for our sakes we have no ********s there who will ruin the minutes silence as always seems to happen at tynie:bitchy:

Petrie's Tache
22-10-2009, 09:12 AM
I think fair play to hearts on this one, all money raised o nthe 250 rememberence shirt will be split between 3 charities so good on them :top marks

also it says they will be wearing them on the derby, so i hpe for our sakes we have no ********s there who will ruin the minutes silence as always seems to happen at tynie:bitchy:

Think you have answered your own question there. Beers mixed with derby, mixed with other side of the town and ********s, there is your recipe for the above.

Mag7
22-10-2009, 09:12 AM
I think most yams regard Stewart as one of the biggest passengers of the lot! Fact it Hearts ain't a proper football club any more, and haven't been for a long time. Just a bunch of random shirt-fillers to give the fans something to cling to. No identity, no soul, no nothing. They should be put out of their misery asap.

Hopefully their total and utter non-existence won't be long in arriving. The gradual upturn in the Edinburgh property market will hopefully see the unsightly blight on the landscape that is Tynecastle make way for a cutting edge new property development. Must be plenty of aspiring young architects kicking their heels just now. Come on Vlad, why stand in their way?

hibbymac
22-10-2009, 09:15 AM

The profits are supposed to be going to charity.

You wonder if it is anything to do with "remembrance" when you read quotes like this on their official site -

...... "The shirt will be worn in the Edinburgh derby against Hibs on 7th November and Michael knows that winning in it would have added poignancy.

"It would be quite good to get a victory, wearing the shirt as well. I am pretty sure that if that happens then it will put a smile on everyone's face," he added."

Ringothedog
22-10-2009, 09:16 AM

Hibernian fans DO NOT and WILL NEVER disrupt a minutes silence for remembrance Sunday:agree:

Mag7
22-10-2009, 09:20 AM

To do the whole remembrance strip/silence thing at a derby is probably a recipe for just what you fear. They'd be better having a minute's applause to drown out any such uncomfortable occurences. Better still, don't attempt anything like this at a derby and just stick to the traditional Sunday service at the Haymarket clock. It's all well and good that Hearts pay tribute to their war dead, but does everybody else have to be made aware of it so often? Respect/mourning/grief, call it what you will, is IMHO a rather private thing and Hearts never used to be so in your face about this whole war dead thing. I suspect the Romanovs like to think it gives them an air of being in with the bricks at Hearts by over-egging the remembrance issue.

Mag7
22-10-2009, 09:23 AM

You wonder if it is anything to do with "remembrance" when you read quotes like this on their official site -

...... "The shirt will be worn in the Edinburgh derby against Hibs on 7th November and Michael knows that winning in it would have added poignancy.

"It would be quite good to get a victory, wearing the shirt as well. I am pretty sure that if that happens then it will put a smile on everyone's face," he added."

Why would it be 'poignant'? What does winning a derby have to do with the First World War? Precisely nothing. 'Poignant' would be if some of the relatives of the Hearts players who died were at the game, not whether a bunch of no-marks in maroon were to win a game of football.

hibbymac
22-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Why would it be 'poignant'? What does winning a derby have to do with the First World War? Precisely nothing. 'Poignant' would be if some of the relatives of the Hearts players who died were at the game, not whether a bunch of no-marks in maroon were to win a game of football.

Totally :agree:

Just stinks of another attempt at "oneupmanship" :bitchy:

Hibee87
22-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Is it just me or has at leastr one a derby a seaosn for like the last 3 or 4 years had a minutes silence? it always ends in a few morons making noise.

Remberence sunday id one which all teams should respect regardless of how much beer youve drank who your playing and at which ground.

A minutes applause is a terrible idea, for 1 its giving into the morons who will/might disrupt it and to have a minutes applause i see it as celebrating someones life and achievements, a silence is to show respect to those who have dies in tragic circumstances. St Johnstone or Falkirk (i canny mind who) have rejected a proposal by celtic to have an applause instead of a silence and think there quite right, and anyone who doesnt observe it shoudl be huckled out.

I agree with you mag about hearts seem to ram this down your throat liek they were the only victims of the world wars, but rememberence day sis also to remeber the war dead from ww1 onwards including the war on iraq. I think to sta silent for one minute regardless of who how much hearts try to attach themselves to this is nothing to ask.

1two
22-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Hibernian fans DO NOT and WILL NEVER disrupt a minutes silence for remembrance Sunday:agree:

I hope not, but it only takes one tube to ruin, as was demonstrated at the last tynie mins silence.

sleeping giant
22-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Is it just me or has at leastr one a derby a seaosn for like the last 3 or 4 years had a minutes silence? it always ends in a few morons making noise.

Remberence sunday id one which all teams should respect regardless of how much beer youve drank who your playing and at which ground.

A minutes applause is a terrible idea, for 1 its giving into the morons who will/might disrupt it and to have a minutes applause i see it as celebrating someones life and achievements, a silence is to show respect to those who have dies in tragic circumstances. St Johnstone or Falkirk (i canny mind who) have rejected a proposal by celtic to have an applause instead of a silence and think there quite right, and anyone who doesnt observe it shoudl be huckled out.

I agree with you mag about hearts seem to ram this down your throat liek they were the only victims of the world wars, but rememberence day sis also to remeber the war dead from ww1 onwards including the war on iraq. I think to sta silent for one minute regardless of who how much hearts try to attach themselves to this is nothing to ask.

Why do you think we would disrupt the slience. Why would we want to ?

Alicky Ranks
22-10-2009, 09:32 AM

Complete lack of class as per usual from Hearts. 'We won the derby for the war dead'. Jeezo, it wasn't called a WORLD war for nothing ie it involved and affected millions throughout the world. In Hearts' world, though, you get the impression it was just them vs Germany. As somebody else mentioned, I think the club's owners are largely responsible for the recent surge of 'remembrance'-themed activity. Certainly don't remember all this going on pre-Vlad.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2009, 09:35 AM

Its probably on their honours list, league champions, scottish cup winners and world war winners too.:faf:

EskbankHibby
22-10-2009, 09:37 AM
I hope not, but it only takes one tube to ruin, as was demonstrated at the last tynie mins silence.

True but that was for an ex-hearts player iirc and not remembrance Sunday.

The idiots who disrupted that minutes silence were presumably trying to irritate the home support by being disrespectful to one of their own.

I for one would hope that no Hibby could possibly disrupt a minutes silence for remembrance as, despite what the jambos may think with their distasteful attempt at hijack, more than just hearts fans/players lost their lives in WW1.

Chuckie
22-10-2009, 09:40 AM
From his Facebook.

Photo album - The early days

Michael Stewart visits Gorgie Farm

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp49/Chuckie1977/mikeystewart.jpg

Hibee87
22-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Why do you think we would disrupt the slience. Why would we want to ?

Why do I think - Because of previous experience at EVERY minutes silence I can remeber between hibs and hearts there has been a disrubtion form one side or the others.

why would we want to - I cant really answer why other people would want to ruin it. I remeber last season there was one at tynie (i cant remeber when or which derby it was) but therewas a guy steaming drunk who turned his back on the pitch stick his 2 middle fingers up and started to sing. very imbarrasing and he was later removed from the gorund. What he was thinking I dont know but we have a minority (a very small one) who will want to/ be adament to ruine any silence. why god only knows but sadly it happens :grr:

lapsedhibee
22-10-2009, 09:43 AM

:agree:

And the match isn't even on the 11th.

Stewart's remarks are particularly graceless and classless.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2009, 09:46 AM
I think the minutes silence for wallace mercer was well observed.

NAE NOOKIE
22-10-2009, 09:47 AM
There was a TV programme last year in which it came out that the hearts players were prompted to enlist by a letter to the papers in which the sister of a soldier who had been killed suggested that the club badge should be a white feather.

That is not to take away from the undoubted bravery / patriotism of the players who did enlist and I'm sure most of them would have anyway over the months that followed. But the fact that it happened the way it did probably had more to do with the letter than an overwhelming desire at that time to join the cause.

There is no problem with hearts celebrating what was a defining moment in their clubs history and I dare say that we would do the same if it had been us.

But it does seem more and more each year that they milk it to its fullest potential, plenty of players from clubs all over Scotland fought and died in the great war, the fact that the hearts players all joined up on the same day is the only difference and shouldnt give them what looks more and more like ownership of the event.

What used to be a quiet dignified ceremony at the clock every year now appears to be more about publicity for hearts than a solemn act of remembrance and respect.

bighairyfaeleith
22-10-2009, 10:03 AM

Why a minutes silence at the derby, and why wear them at the derby first????

Nothing to do with rememberance, everything to do with a publicity stunt to wind up hibees. I for one am not taken with this psih from mad vlad :grr:

givescotlandfreedom
22-10-2009, 10:20 AM

I think that's where they give the real motive away. Would Falkirk, Hibs and Raith fans who signed up in the batallion really want Hearts to win a derby for them? Or is the implication that is it a "Hearts" batallion so Hearts want to win the game for them? These ignorant Hearts pricks don't seem to realise how disrespectful to people who gave their lives for this country. They seen and done things little nyaffs like Michael Stewart could never do and insulting their memory. Poor taste from the **** as always.

Hibee87
22-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Why a minutes silence at the derby, and why wear them at the derby first????

Nothing to do with rememberance, everything to do with a publicity stunt to wind up hibees. I for one am not taken with this psih from mad vlad :grr:

Prtesumably as its the closest satarday to the 11th and every single football ground in britain will hold a silence on that sat.

if that winds you up or even think thats hearts are just doing it to wind 'US' up then you have some issues mate

_hucks_
22-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Most clubs relese a shirt with a poppy on it, and there will be a minutes silence at every ground in the UK that weekend. Is it not a bit 'classless and graceless' to attribute that to a Hearts conspiracy theory?

Bishop Hibee
22-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Why do we have a minutes silence at the football for this? For years we didn't. I'm not saying that it isn't justified to remember the millions who have died in the folly of WWI but why the big deal recently?

Lady Di factor in that we must all fall over ourselves to be seen to grieve publicly?

Fair go Hearts giving the money to charity but with the Huns trumpeting the free tickets to troops and now this, it does make me feel uneasy at the purity of the motives.

lapsedhibee
22-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Most clubs relese a shirt with a poppy on it, and there will be a minutes silence at every ground in the UK that weekend. Is it not a bit 'classless and graceless' to attribute that to a Hearts conspiracy theory?

Mikey Mikey Used To Be says, after a lot of talk about how important it is to keep the traditions of remembrance day going, "it would be good to get a victory, wearing the shirt as well". But their opponents will be remembering also. Therefore, the shirt is about Hearts' view of themselves as special participants in the traditions.

And I doubt whether "most clubs" will be selling club shirts with poppies in their clubstores, so I don't think they do "release" them.

McD
22-10-2009, 10:57 AM

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the war memorial was exactly that, not one specifically for Hearts? I only ask since the article states its 'the club's' memorial that'll be on the tops? :confused:

_hucks_
22-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Mikey Mikey Used To Be says, after a lot of talk about how important it is to keep the traditions of remembrance day going, "it would be good to get a victory, wearing the shirt as well". But their opponents will be remembering also. Therefore, the shirt is about Hearts' view of themselves as special participants in the traditions.

And I doubt whether "most clubs" will be selling club shirts with poppies in their clubstores, so I don't think they do "release" them.

Fair enough, just had a read of their website aswell and it does all seem a bit pompous, but nothing that we should get too wound up about.

jgl07
22-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Morale-building stuff from the captain of the sinking ship HMFC:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Stewart-rues-loss-of-quality.5755844.jp
A theme tune for the?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEY6_jcrzI8

Peevemor
22-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Why do we have a minutes silence at the football for this? For years we didn't. I'm not saying that it isn't justified to remember the millions who have died in the folly of WWI but why the big deal recently?

Lady Di factor in that we must all fall over ourselves to be seen to grieve publicly?

My thoughts too. :agree:

lapsedhibee
22-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the war memorial was exactly that, not one specifically for Hearts? I only ask since the article states its 'the club's' memorial that'll be on the tops? :confused:

Yes - don't think Jack Alexander, Lawrie Reilly, etc, who've put in a lot of effort to broaden the whole concept, will be delighted to read that. :bitchy:

EH14
22-10-2009, 11:43 AM

IIRC, the club bought the memorial to commemorate the battalion (so in that sense it is the club's memorial) and the city council after the war decided it should be in Haymarket so as many people as possible should see it and remember the sacrifice. I'd think all but a very small minority of Hearts fans realise that the memorial isn't just to Hearts players and that players and supporters of other clubs were part of the battalion (as the article itself points out).

FWIW, though I do have a problem when a minority of Hearts fans misrepresent what the Macrae's Battalion was all about and use it for point scoring against fans of other teams (and in my experience it is a minority and other Hearts fans are quick to correct them) I don't have a problem with Hearts making these shirts and selling them, considering the proceeds are going to charity (Hearts have a great link up with Erskine this year so I'd imagine they'll be one of the charities donated to). As has already been said, the minutes silence will be going ahead at all grounds around the country (with the possible exception of Falkirk?) so Hearts are not trying to bring any extra attention to the club or trying to milk the battalion for the club's own purposes. Though I can understand Hibs fans determination to not let anybody wrongly believe this is all about Hearts, there is a danger that people can become equally graceless and disrespectful if they refuse to acknowledge it is possible for Hearts to be acting correctly and respectfully and set out to discredit it in any way possible (whether on this messageboard or at the derby).

Michael Stewart? I'm one of the guys biggest critics and wouldn't have him in our starting 11 let alone captain, but I don't think he's said anything out of order here (though I think the paragraph has been horribly misphrased, beating Hibs wouldn't add any "poignancy" at all.) Asked about a game where Hearts will be wearing the shirt that is the subject of the article, he's said it would be good to win it. It's what I'd expect from any player to be honest.

degenerated
22-10-2009, 11:48 AM
IIRC, the club bought the memorial to commemorate the battalion (so in that sense it is the club's memorial) and the city council after the war decided it should be in Haymarket so as many people as possible should see it and remember the sacrifice. I'd think all but a very small minority of Hearts fans realise that the memorial isn't just to Hearts players and that players and supporters of other clubs were part of the battalion (as the article itself points out).

FWIW, though I do have a problem when a minority of Hearts fans misrepresent what the Macrae's Battalion was all about and use it for point scoring against fans of other teams (and in my experience it is a minority and other Hearts fans are quick to correct them) I don't have a problem with Hearts making these shirts and selling them, considering the proceeds are going to charity (Hearts have a great link up with Erskine this year so I'd imagine they'll be one of the charities donated to). As has already been said, the minutes silence will be going ahead at all grounds around the country (with the possible exception of Falkirk?) so Hearts are not trying to bring any extra attention to the club or trying to milk the battalion for the club's own purposes. Though I can understand Hibs fans determination to not let anybody wrongly believe this is all about Hearts, there is a danger that people can become equally graceless and disrespectful if they refuse to acknowledge it is possible for Hearts to be acting correctly and respectfully and set out to discredit it in any way possible (whether on this messageboard or at the derby).

Michael Stewart? I'm one of the guys biggest critics and wouldn't have him in our starting 11 let alone captain, but I don't think he's said anything out of order here (though I think the paragraph has been horribly misphrased, beating Hibs wouldn't add any "poignancy" at all.) Asked about a game where Hearts will be wearing the shirt that is the subject of the article, he's said it would be good to win it. It's what I'd expect from any player to be honest.

punting world war commemorative strips is hardly acting respectfully, is it? i wonder just how much of the proceeds are going to the charities, the cynic in me reckons it will the £10 extra that you have put on the price of the top minus the cost of putting on the "hearts" war memorial and the poppy.

EH14
22-10-2009, 11:56 AM
punting world war commemorative strips is hardly acting respectfully, is it? i wonder just how much of the proceeds are going to the charities, the cynic in me reckons it will the £10 extra that you have put on the price of the top minus the cost of putting on the "hearts" war memorial and the poppy.

The club have explicitly said "all profit" will be split amongst the charities. I think unless you've got reason to believe Hearts have hijacked Remembrance Day for their own profit making purposes, it's more disrespectful to use it for your own point scoring purposes.

degenerated
22-10-2009, 12:01 PM
The club have explicitly said "all profit" will be split amongst the charities. I think unless you've got reason to believe Hearts have hijacked Remembrance Day for their own profit making purposes, it's more disrespectful to use it for your own point scoring purposes.

it's just that you said "all proceeds" in your previous post.

which is it then?

i'm not point scoring, i just think that this is an occasion that should be treated with a bit more respect than it is currently afforded by the owners of your club, and some of the erses which you yourself were quite rightly criticial of.

Phil D. Rolls
22-10-2009, 12:03 PM

I can't imagine they have anticipated that such a thing could happen.:bitchy:

They have a lot of nutters in their support, and selling them a jersey is just pandering to them.

I wouldn't bet on that one , booze + ignorance + a "totally innocent" Hearts fanning the flames, might just do the job.

The idiots who disrupted that minutes silence were presumably trying to irritate the home support by being disrespectful to one of their own.

I for one would hope that no Hibby could possibly disrupt a minutes silence for remembrance as, despite what the jambos may think with their distasteful attempt at hijack, more than just hearts fans/players lost their lives in WW1.

I think our support should treat the minute's silence with respect, but also question why Hearts have started to make such a big deal about this in recent years, when they went for so long remembering in a dignified way.

The thing that troubles me is that by making such a big show of it, some people might get the impression that it was Hearts and Hearts alone who suffered. It could also build on dormant anti-Irish prejudice - The Enemy Within and all that.

EH14
22-10-2009, 12:06 PM

which is it then?

i'm not point scoring, i just think that this is an occasion that should be treated with a bit more respect than it is currently afforded by the owners of your club, and some of the erses which you yourself were quite rightly criticial of.

Apologies for using the wrong term in my OP, I'm sure the website will be correct and it will be "all profits".

I'm still not sure how the owners of the club can be accused of disrespecting the occasion though, they're just publicising a mechanism that Hearts have put in place to raise funds for charities, one of which has been set up to care for retired soldiers.

the_ginger_hibee
22-10-2009, 12:09 PM

Thats the thing isn't it. Everyone had a poppy on their strips last year which I thought was a good gesture. It was fairly small, wasn't loud and overbearing and served as a tribute to all whose lifes were lost. I'd imagine everyone will again have the poppy this year.

But that wasn't enough for Hearts, they had to go and add 'Remember' underneth the poppy, okay fair play. Then they go and add a new logo on the other side with a picture of 'their' memorial on it. Why? Is this a tribute mutually exclusive to Hearts related WW1 deaths? Is it to make it more 'personal' and customised to Hearts? Or is it to stand out from the crowd, yelling 'All our players signed up on the same day, we have more of a right to mourn and pay tribute'?

If it's any of those then its a very selfish and disrespectful move from Hearts. They have their day of tribute on the Sunday, thier trips to the contalmaison, trips to the trenches, charity dinners, minute silences and commerative merchandise.

All of which, bar the last two, are very respectful and aren't forced upon anyone outside of Hearts, that way they can pay unique tributes and special mention to their heroes who died, not forcing their own form of tribute exclusive to a few, (which is fair enough for them, in their own way and time) and taking away from what the day is - rememberence day of all fallen soldiers, regardless of footballing ties.

degenerated
22-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Thats the thing isn't it. Everyone had a poppy on their strips last year which I thought was a good gesture. It was fairly small, wasn't loud and overbearing and served as a tribute to all whose lifes were lost. I'd imagine everyone will again have the poppy this year.

But that wasn't enough for Hearts, they had to go and add 'Remember' underneth the poppy, okay fair play. Then they go and add a new logo on the other side with a picture of 'their' memorial on it. Why? Is this a tribute mutually exclusive to Hearts related WW1 deaths? Is it to make it more 'personal' and customised to Hearts? Or is it to stand out from the crowd, yelling 'All our players signed up on the same day, we have more of a right to mourn and pay tribute'?

If it's any of those then its a very selfish and disrespectful move from Hearts. They have their day of tribute on the Sunday, thier trips to the contalmaison, trips to the trenches, charity dinners, minute silences and commerative merchandise.

All of which, bar the last two, are very respectful and aren't forced upon anyone outside of Hearts, that way they can pay unique tributes and special mention to their heroes who died, not forcing their own form of tribute exclusive to a few, (which is fair enough for them, in their own way and time) and taking away from what the day is - rememberence day of all fallen soldiers, regardless of footballing ties.

that's essentially what i was getting at. as a club they have always treated this respectfully and in an appropriate manner, for what should be a sombre occasion and a time for reflection. since romanov appeared the whole thing has been cranked up to pander to the minority of kickbackers who proclaim such gems as "while celtic were winning titles at home, we were winning medals in flanders"

Sprouleflyer
22-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Please be aware those wanting to attend the memorial on the Sunday, it is being held at Tynecastle Stadium as the memorial clock has been moved from Haymarket due to the tram works.

Plenty of wewonthewarbutlethitlerescapethetrenches think no Hibs fans will turn up after a severe pumping the day before.....

Mag7
22-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Prtesumably as its the closest satarday to the 11th and every single football ground in britain will hold a silence on that sat.

if that winds you up or even think thats hearts are just doing it to wind 'US' up then you have some issues mate

Is my memory failing me or is it a fairly recent phenonenon that every football ground holds a minute's silence vaguely near the date of the November 11? I simply don't recall it being an age-old tradition. IMHO the minute's silence should fall at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. We also have the Remembrance Sunday services which to me all adds up to a more than fitting annual tribute to the war dead. Since when did it get extended to all football clubs? And if it's true that ALL clubs will be wearing a poppy on their shirts then why is it only Hearts who see fit to publicise their shirt?

lapsedhibee
22-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Is my memory failing me or is it a fairly recent phenonenon that every football ground holds a minute's silence vaguely near the date of the November 11? I simply don't recall it being an age-old tradition. IMHO the minute's silence should fall at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. We also have the Remembrance Sunday services which to me all adds up to a more than fitting annual tribute to the war dead. Since when did it get extended to all football clubs? And if it's true that ALL clubs will be wearing a poppy on their shirts then why is it only Hearts who see fit to publicise their shirt?

And the nearest Saturday fixtures to the 11th are on the 14th.

ronaldo7
22-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Taken from McCrae's website.

Note at the bottom saying the Hibernian Family had 150 enlisted.

McCrae, a hatter by profession, was the former Member of Parliament for East Edinburgh. By 1914 he was serving as chairman of the Local Government Board for Scotland. On 20 November the Edinburgh papers carried an announcement that he had secured permission to raise a new battalion for active service in the field. It was his intention to lead the unit overseas. Sir George announced that he would have his battalion ‘within seven days’. It sounded unlikely – until Wednesday 25 November, when eleven professional footballers employed by Heart of Midlothian became his first enlistments. They were Alfie Briggs, Duncan Currie, Tom Gracie, Jamie Low, Harry Wattie and Willie Wilson from the League team; and Ernie Ellis, Norman Findlay, Jimmy Frew, Annan Ness and Bob Preston from the reserves. The following day they were joined by two team-mates, Pat Crossan and Jimmy Boyd. Hearts – leaders of the Scottish League – were then the most attractive side in Britain, so the news of the players’ action caused a nationwide sensation. After this, it took McCrae only six days to obtain the full complement of 1347 officers and men. Augmented by a substantial contingent of professionals from Raith Rovers and Falkirk, his volunteers included numerous local sportsmen, hundreds of Hearts ticket-holders and supporters, along with players and followers of many other clubs, including an estimated 150 supporters of Hearts’ great city rivals, Hibernian.

Phil D. Rolls
22-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Taken from McCrae's website.

Note at the bottom saying the Hibernian Family had 150 enlisted.

McCrae, a hatter by profession, was the former Member of Parliament for East Edinburgh. By 1914 he was serving as chairman of the Local Government Board for Scotland. On 20 November the Edinburgh papers carried an announcement that he had secured permission to raise a new battalion for active service in the field. It was his intention to lead the unit overseas. Sir George announced that he would have his battalion ‘within seven days’. It sounded unlikely – until Wednesday 25 November, when eleven professional footballers employed by Heart of Midlothian became his first enlistments. They were Alfie Briggs, Duncan Currie, Tom Gracie, Jamie Low, Harry Wattie and Willie Wilson from the League team; and Ernie Ellis, Norman Findlay, Jimmy Frew, Annan Ness and Bob Preston from the reserves. The following day they were joined by two team-mates, Pat Crossan and Jimmy Boyd. Hearts – leaders of the Scottish League – were then the most attractive side in Britain, so the news of the players’ action caused a nationwide sensation. After this, it took McCrae only six days to obtain the full complement of 1347 officers and men. Augmented by a substantial contingent of professionals from Raith Rovers and Falkirk, his volunteers included numerous local sportsmen, hundreds of Hearts ticket-holders and supporters, along with players and followers of many other clubs, including an estimated 150 supporters of Hearts’ great city rivals, Hibernian.

It's worth noting that (IIRC) MacRae only recruited single men. The Hibernian players were mostly married, and so couldn't have joined the battalion.

Bristolhibby
22-10-2009, 12:59 PM

Sorry Mate,

We sold them as well. I have one from last season. Bought it in the Sale on the day we gubbed Celtic at home early December last year. £20. Not a bad price.

Dont think much of that went to charity.

J

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Kaiser Bill, not Hitler. I think they're willing to share the credit for beating Hitler.

:greengrin

Well maybe if the Jumbos had done a better job in WW1 Hitler wouldnt have been so keen to try his luck in WW2.....

There is a very real case for the Dafty Hearts to answer here...... they are to blame for WW2. :grr:

ronaldo7
22-10-2009, 01:04 PM

IIRC many donations were made for the Memorial. Not only Heart of Midlothian, but sizeable sums from Hibernian, Raith, and Falkirk.

It seems that the funds donated by the other clubs seems to have faded with the years.

I'm sure their will be representatives at the service on the Sunday from all concerned.

That's if Hearts let us of course.

Dashing Bob S
22-10-2009, 01:05 PM

Yes, I think we're being set up here. What concerns me is that a lot of people (including myself) feel utterly disgusted at Hearts shallow manipulative use of remembrance day, and their hijacking it for their own PR purposes.

I hope people bite their tongues and do not vent their spleen on this, as it will misconstrued as an attack of remembrance day itself.

I think what might be needed are some banners with slogans like "Not only Yams died in the war."

Phil D. Rolls
22-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Well maybe if the Jumbos had done a better job in WW1 Hitler wouldnt have been so keen to try his luck in WW2.....

There is a very real case for the Dafty Hearts to answer here...... they are to blame for WW2. :grr:

So there were Yams at the Treaty of Versailles? You've got to hand to them, they do seem to move in much more important circles than us.

Alex B
22-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Seems to me that if the launch of yet another Remembrance shirt is the biggest deal going down at Hearts these days they really are in a sorry state. Somebody else mentioned that they're not really a proper football club any more and I fully agree. To get back to the original theme of this thread, Stewart himself admits that the team these days is really just a bunch of passengers brought in to fill the shirts.

Phil D. Rolls
22-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Seems to me that if the launch of yet another Remembrance shirt is the biggest deal going down at Hearts these days they really are in a sorry state. Somebody else mentioned that they're not really a proper football club any more and I fully agree. To get back to the original theme of this thread, Stewart himself admits that the team these days is really just a bunch of passengers brought in to fill the shirts.

I think he's being a bit hard on himself really. He wasn't too bad a player at Hibs.

EskbankHibby
22-10-2009, 01:29 PM
So there were Yams at the Treaty of Versailles? You've got to hand to them, they do seem to move in much more important circles than us.

If they had fulfilled their defensive duties on Archduke Ferdinand 5 years previous there wouldn't have been a war in the first place.:grr:

Phil D. Rolls
22-10-2009, 01:36 PM
If they had fulfilled their defensive duties on Archduke Ferdinand 5 years previous there wouldn't have been a war in the first place.:grr:

They were probably looking for Archie Duke, you can't rely on them for anything.

One Day Soon
22-10-2009, 01:41 PM
This is not a helpful development. I'm afraid I cannot help but be more than slightly suspicious that the motives here are less than pure.

What dignity is given to the heroic valour and sacrifice made by those service men and women who gave their lives or endured injury to serve their country, by exposing their remembrance to the uncertain vagaries of an already volatile atmosphere at a derby match - no doubt heavily fuelled with alcohol?

I have nothing but respect for those who served - including those from Hearts and other clubs. The relationship between those people and the individuals presently running this institution seem to me light years apart.

Phil D. Rolls
22-10-2009, 01:44 PM
This is not a helpful development. I'm afraid I cannot help but be more than slightly suspicious that the motives here are less than pure.

What dignity is given to the heroic valour and sacrifice made by those service men and women who gave their lives or endured injury to serve their country, by exposing their remembrance to the uncertain vagaries of an already volatile atmosphere at a derby match - no doubt heavily fuelled with alcohol?

I have nothing but respect for those who served - including those from Hearts and other clubs. The relationship between those people and the individuals presently running this institution seem to me light years apart.

:top marks

Andy74
22-10-2009, 01:56 PM

Yep, sums it up, there's not an ounce of deceny about that club now and you can only be cynical about almost everything they do now, particulalry where derby atmospheres comes into it. They seem to go out their way to ensure there is always something that could potentially cause unpleasant scenes.

A real shame to have to discuss something like the memory of the guys in this manner.

matty_f
22-10-2009, 01:57 PM

I don't understand why football fans in particular are asked to observe an extra minute's silence, when everyone has the opportunity to do so on Rememberance Sunday with the rest of the country.

Sadly, I have no doubts that the silence will be disrupted in some way - be it intentional or not (I've seen it before where folk outside the ground have been heard and it's been the catalyst for boos from others, which soon escalates).

As for Hearts, I would give them credit for the charity initiative, there's no reason to go looking for an underlying dastardly scheme behind it, though I would add that I think that the way that they now market their part in the war leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

These men did not go to war so that some Lithuanian radge could make money of the back of it years later.

Hibercelona
22-10-2009, 02:00 PM
They always seem to get the timing just right. :yawn:

I can see us looking like the baddies by the end of this.

Big Frank
22-10-2009, 02:01 PM
It's worth noting that (IIRC) MacRae only recruited single men. The Hibernian players were mostly married, and so couldn't have joined the battalion.

This is indeed the case. The majority of Catholic players at Hibernian were married.

A large amount of Hibernians supporters signed up.

Leith musselburgh etc had already lost the flower of their youth at Gretna.

RIP.

If everything is going to the chrities for these shirts then well done Hearts.

Personally wish that politics would **** off out of football. People should show their respect on remembrance Sunday. Football is a game.

Its Dianas fault.

EH14
22-10-2009, 02:10 PM

Because Hearts are selling those shirts to raise funds for charity- if they aim to raise £10,000, it makes sense to publicise the fact the shirts are for sale.

I don't understand why football fans in particular are asked to observe an extra minute's silence, when everyone has the opportunity to do so on Rememberance Sunday with the rest of the country.

Sadly, I have no doubts that the silence will be disrupted in some way - be it intentional or not (I've seen it before where folk outside the ground have been heard and it's been the catalyst for boos from others, which soon escalates).

As for Hearts, I would give them credit for the charity initiative, there's no reason to go looking for an underlying dastardly scheme behind it, though I would add that I think that the way that they now market their part in the war leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

These men did not go to war so that some Lithuanian radge could make money of the back of it years later.

Agree entirely Mattie- there's a fair few reasonable things going on at Hearts just now that Hibs fans can pour scorn on, and there's very little we can come back with because it's not far from the truth. Attacking the club for a charity initiative and suggesting without basis they are merely using it for a profit making scam is unnecessary. Would it be any different if I were to cynically suggest that Hibs' founders used the local Irish population and their struggles as a cynical front to line their own pockets?

EH14
22-10-2009, 02:18 PM
They always seem to get the timing just right. :yawn:

I can see us looking like the baddies by the end of this.

If you do, it will be entirely your own fault. Hearts started having a minutes silence to remember the fallen at the same time as all the other clubs did (and I personally agree with those who are unsure as to the reasons why this is a recent development at football matches). We have the silence before the game that falls on that weekend (same as all the other clubs) and the silence has been observed perfectly by Hearts fans and the fans of whoever we've been playing. Excuses haven't needed to be made for any fans coming in late behind the goals because people know it's happening and what time kick off is- if you're coming in right when kick off is scheduled, you should be able to notice a distinct lack of noise coming from both ends of the stadium.

One Day Soon
22-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Because Hearts are selling those shirts to raise funds for charity- if they aim to raise £10,000, it makes sense to publicise the fact the shirts are for sale.

No one can have any reasonable objection to an initiative designed to raise funds for charity - seems a pretty good idea to me.

Agree entirely Mattie- there's a reasonable of reasonable things going on at Hearts just now that Hibs fans can pour scorn on, and there's very little we can come back with because it's not far from the truth. Attacking the club for a charity initiative and suggesting without basis they are merely using it for a profit making scam is unnecessary. Would it be any different if I were to cynically suggest that Hibs' founders used the local Irish population and their struggles as a cynical front to line their own pockets?

Would it be any different? Well, yes, by about 130 years for a start. However the fact that the number of these strips for sale (and the fact that they are only being issued in large and extra large) suggest to me that the club are trying to cap the amount of supporter spend that can go on these as opposed to 'normal' strips. So I infer from that the club is genuinely passing on profits/proceeds to charity.

It is a pity that the minute's silence business casts a little dubiety over what is otherwise an excellent initiative.

xfg

jgl07
22-10-2009, 02:30 PM
They have been hijacking Remembrance Day for whatever reason for as long as I can remember.

There has often been a undertone that other clubs (eg Hibs) did not pull their weight in the battle against the Kaiser.

It all leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth.

1two
22-10-2009, 02:30 PM

Agreed!

I wonder if the announcer will call for the silence for 'Lifes lost inWW1' or 'Mcraes Battalion'?

Sadly, this might have an affect on a couple of idiots who have been drinking since early that morning!

One Day Soon
22-10-2009, 02:51 PM
That is to completely misunderstand or wilfully ignore the developments in relations between the two clubs and their support in the last few years. Your present regime and a number of their less sensible adherents have quite deliberatley sought to create a real sense of conflict between the two clubs. Talk of Big Teams and Wee Teams and references to Docksiders have hardly helped to make for an atmosphere of friendly rivalry.

It will only take one loud, late, drunken arrival at the away end (or indeed one deliberate provocateur) to make anything that sounds like a loud noise and your own supporters will - breathless establishment hearts all aflutter - pounce on that with a chorus of boos in order to demonstrate their 'superiority'. All so predictable and all so disrespectful to a proper remembrance.

All of which - ALL OF IT ON BOTH SIDES - has precisely nothing to do with the sacrifices made and everything to do with the contemporary vanity and self-regard of those who glory in a service that they cannot imagine, let alone render.

If you do, it will be entirely your own fault. Hearts started having a minutes silence to remember the fallen at the same time as all the other clubs did (and I personally agree with those who are unsure as to the reasons why this is a recent development at football matches). We have the silence before the game that falls on that weekend (same as all the other clubs) and the silence has been observed perfectly by Hearts fans and the fans of whoever we've been playing. Excuses haven't needed to be made for any fans coming in late behind the goals because people know it's happening and what time kick off is- if you're coming in right when kick off is scheduled, you should be able to notice a distinct lack of noise coming from both ends of the stadium.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2009, 02:55 PM
That is to completely misunderstand or wilfully ignore the developments in relations between the two clubs and their support in the last few years. Your present regime and a number of their less sensible adherents have quite deliberatley sought to create a real sense of conflict between the two clubs. Talk of Big Teams and Wee Teams and references to Docksiders have hardly helped to make for an atmosphere of friendly rivalry.

It will only take one loud, late, drunken arrival at the away end (or indeed one deliberate provocateur) to make anything that sounds like a loud noise and your own supporters will - breathless establishment hearts all aflutter - pounce on that with a chorus of boos in order to demonstrate their 'superiority'. All so predictable and all so disrespectful to a proper remembrance.

All of which - ALL OF IT ON BOTH SIDES - has precisely nothing to do with the sacrifices made and everything to do with the contemporary vanity and self-regard of those who glory in a service that they cannot imagine, let alone render.

:top marks:agree:

Andy74
22-10-2009, 03:06 PM

Aye, its a real easy one to hide behind and say this is a genuine mark of respect or act of charity. Very easyo to set us up if anyone steps out of line. If this was Hearts 10 years ago then I'd be willing to take it at face value but it this is now and they are at it.

Hibercelona
22-10-2009, 03:08 PM

A bitter rivalry, drunkin fans, hostal atmosphere...

I'm not denying the fact that Hearts are doing this mainly to raise money for charity... and good on them for doing so...

But it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if they are also doing it with the added bonus of making us lot look bad...

It's the Hearts way. :jamboak:

Baader
22-10-2009, 03:22 PM
There is something about a club trying to claim crass oneupmanship over what should be a proud and respected chapter in its history that does not sit well with me.

The Romanov regime has reduced the public image of HoMFC to a classless, paranoid and avaricious third-rate bandwagon that shows a distinct lack of respect to true supporters of the club and to Scottish football in general. Even the most hardnosed of their fans cannot argue the current custodians have the best interests of the club at heart.

shamo9
22-10-2009, 04:13 PM
I can't help but feel that this is a poorly attempted publicity stunt with the purpose of painting Hearts as the 'goodies' in the upcoming Derby, valiantly defending the honour of those fallen against the impudent 'hobos'.

I seriously doubt Hearts' reputation as a poorly run sham will improve after this.

bighairyfaeleith
22-10-2009, 04:16 PM
I think everyone is agreed that remembering the fallen in the war is the right thing to do.

I think everyone agrees that using the event to raise funds for charity is fine and commendable.

I think everyone can also agree though that Hearst spin on the whole thing is at best cynical and at worst simplay inflamatory before such a big game and has unfortunately ensured that the minutes silence is unlikely to be observed simply because one bit of noise, even if accidental will cause the worked up herst fans to start shouting back and ruin the minutes silence.

I won't be there, simply cos I refuse to pay £28, but I can see exactly what is going to happen. And in a few eeks I'm going to pull this thread up again and say told you so.

I understand the arguments made by EH14, and they are mostly right but you must surely admit this is a badly timed piece if it is in fact not intended to be inflamatory?

wazoo1875
22-10-2009, 04:17 PM
I think the minutes silence for wallace mercer was well observed.

:tee hee:

:stirrer:

(((Fergus)))
22-10-2009, 05:08 PM

the poppy and memorial are tacked on as an afterthought on that shirt. they could/should have removed the ukio bankas and possibly umbro logos to respectfully make room

lapsedhibee
22-10-2009, 05:13 PM
I understand the arguments made by EH14, and they are mostly right but you must surely admit this is a badly timed piece if it is in fact not intended to be inflamatory?

I too understand the arguments made by EH14, but believe they miss the bigger picture, which is that gradually, year by year, HOMFC management are colluding with the ****wittiest element of their support in turning an act of remembrance - for people who gave their lives in tragic circumstances - into an act of celebration - of their own heroic part in an ultimately successful war effort.

These are two utterly different things, and hobos and others are well right to diss the cynical attempt by some at HOMFC to transform one into the other.

I don't say that the transformation is yet complete, but when it is the yams will be little if any better than those in the west who continue to celebrate their glory days in the 17th century, or wallow in their 19th century misery. To turn historically 'bad' events into proud celebrations of any sort, or indeed anything other than sombre reflection, imo hinders moving on.

cocopops1875
22-10-2009, 05:27 PM

i bought last years one that we put out:wink:

Sergey
22-10-2009, 05:52 PM

which is it then?

You shouldn't tar them all with the same brush. John Borthwick raised a lot of money for charity.

lapsedhibee
22-10-2009, 05:53 PM
We sold them as well. I have one from last season. Bought it in the Sale on the day we gubbed Celtic at home early December last year. £20. Not a bad price.

Dont think much of that went to charity.

i bought last years one that we put out:wink:

Didn't realise that we had them for sale, and sincerely hope that a donation was made to the poppy fund. In fact, I presume it must have been, if the shirts had the poppy emblem on them.

Was there any particular reason that you bought those shirts, if you don't mind my asking? (Other than the bargain price already stated.)

hibbymac
22-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Agreed!

I wonder if the announcer will call for the silence for 'Lifes lost inWW1' or 'Mcraes Battalion'?

Sadly, this might have an affect on a couple of idiots who have been drinking since early that morning!

:agree: I was just about to post something along those lines.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was an announcement made by that twonk, that refers to the brave "Hearts" men or something similar, knowing it would get a reaction from the Hibs' section.

cocopops1875
22-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Didn't realise that we had them for sale, and sincerely hope that a donation was made to the poppy fund. In fact, I presume it must have been, if the shirts had the poppy emblem on them.

Was there any particular reason that you bought those shirts, if you don't mind my asking? (Other than the bargain price already stated.)

i bought mine full price and had not bought the shirt that season and thought it was unusual and a nice gesture by the club £5 was donated per shirt sold

Bostonhibby
22-10-2009, 07:02 PM

:dunno:something they can identify with, rally round or feel good about being assiciated with? we call it a football team but maybe they prefer to use this one to make them feel better. My grandfather was a staunch hibby and there were many like him who fought for the Highland Regiment but we prefer honour them as brave Scotsmen first and foremost, aligning them to the nearly bankrupt Lithuanian Bankers plaything leaves a slightly bad taste in the mouth, still each to their own, Sure the tops will raise a few quid.

bighairyfaeleith
22-10-2009, 07:21 PM

I've got more issues than you'll ever know mate, but that's not the point. Hertz most definitely are using this to score points and try and get an advantage for the derby. FACT

oh aye

:bye:

Sergey
22-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Loved this post from Knockback

A NOBODY WROTE

I'm not going to waste energy or risk irritation by reading that thread. I think I can get the gist of what they might be saying perfectly well from the posts made here.

They've really surpassed themselves this time by the sound of things. Talk about disgracing yourself and your club - way to go hobos. I'm sure your older relatives would be ever so proud if they could 'read' you now.

No idea why I'm surprised that they'd act in such a disgusting manner. There's low and there's belly-scraping, slimy, pathetically low....

Indeed there is.

Would that be when the Chairman of a clubs supporters association pilfers £10k from a children's charity simply so he could entertain his strumpet?

the_ginger_hibee
22-10-2009, 07:43 PM

Indeed there is.

Would that be when the Chairman of a clubs supporters association pilfers £10k from a children's charity simply so he could entertain his strumpet?

Or there's the one about the tynecastle toilets?

Or even the missing Plasma TV?

bingo70
22-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Or there's the one about the tynecastle toilets?

Or even the missing Plasma TV?

Vlad and Bosnian pensions rings a bell, maybe Sergey could remind us of the full details :wink:

poolman
23-10-2009, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE=EH14;2213466]Because Hearts are selling those shirts to raise funds for charity- if they aim to raise £10,000, it makes sense to publicise the fact the shirts are for sale.

Do you think the Yams will have any money left after splashing out on those last "Limited Edition Ajax Style Rags" they tried to flog recently

What the **** were they again :confused: half Yams half Scotland tops or sumit :jamboak:

EskbankHibby
23-10-2009, 02:39 PM
For those looking in from 8pointsback:-

The fallen of WW1 deserve to be shown dignified respect, ALL of them.

That you have created a remembrance shirt and are giving the profits to charity is a GOOD thing (we may have to check the receipts though :wink:).

However this remembrance is marked it should be marked respectfully be it honouring a minutes silence at a game or pausing for reflection on remembrance Sunday itself.

The suggestion on your OFFICIAL website that beating Hibs wearing said top "would have added poignancy" in an article endorsed by your club captain leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Does this mean that a draw or a defeat degrades their sacrifices or makes memories of them less poignant?

Of course it doesn't, the fact is that remembrance has absolutely nothing to do with the game that weekend, and should not be tied in with any pathetic perceived 'point scoring' by Hibs or Hearts, attaching 'poignancy' to the result is distasteful.

ginger_rice
23-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Don't really want to go and look at the Yams website, but what I'd like to know is:

If the Poppy emblem is being used has this been agreed with Poppy Scotland and if so shouldn't all proceeds be going to Poppy Scotland to be distributed to the various ex-service charities?

lapsedhibee
23-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Don't really want to go and look at the Yams website, but what I'd like to know is:

If the Poppy emblem is being used has this been agreed with Poppy Scotland and if so shouldn't all proceeds be going to Poppy Scotland to be distributed to the various ex-service charities?

Can't copy and paste from the HOMFC website - guess HOMFC themselves are, rightly, sufficiently embarrassed by the content appearing in only the one place. But the profits (not proceeds) are said there to be split between Erskine, McCrae's Battalion Trust and PoppyScotland. No mention of a cut for Dexter, John Borthwick or the bloke that disappeared with the plasma TV.

Phil D. Rolls
23-10-2009, 05:12 PM

Indeed there is.

Way to go by the Yam fud. He hasn't read the thread but he is quite happy to take the moral high ground and slaughter us for questioning Hearts motives.

My older relatives would wonder WTF is going on when something that should bring Scotland together is being used by no marks to gain the upper hand on people who have great respect for all the war dead.

How many of those wearing the strip and putting on their Sunday faces actually have war dead in their family anyway? How many of them know the full story of MacRae's batallion. Answers on the back of a packet of 10 Regal please.

Dulce et decorum est pro patri mori. (Aye right).

Mellow Hibee
23-10-2009, 05:46 PM
I would estimate, it'll be mid January before someone from the charities concered points out that they have not recieved a penny.

Is Vlad not still due to match £10,000 raised for some charity or other?

tamsonsbairn
23-10-2009, 07:01 PM
I wonder if he will make an appearance on the said day of the game or the service on the sunday, maybe he will just send rodders, or is he still trying to rip off the pensioners at the aluminium plant. dont think he will.:agree: