PDA

View Full Version : The Signing of Franck Sauzee

Speedway
21-10-2009, 07:52 PM
I was just thinking back to when Hibs signed Sauzee and wondered if our younger fans appreciated just how massive a coup it was for us to sign him back then.

Here was a midfielder who had started his career at Sochaux at 17 and could point to a certain Eric Cantona as a teammate. As he progressed, he got himself a reputation for dedicated training, healthy eating, sensible living and flair football.

He was a member of the French U-21 side that won the European Championship then signed for Marseille where he won the league title and French Cup. He moved to Monaco for a season, under the manager of a guy called Arsene Wenger and won the French Cup again. Went back to Marseille and re-joined a side with the likes of Alain Boksic, Rudi Voller, Marcel Desailly and Didier Deschamps and won a small competition called the Champions League, scoring the goal that put out the strongest Rangers side I've seen in my lifetime, in the process.

He left Marseille having scored 12 goals in 35 league games that season, at the highest level - from midfield.

He then went to Serie A with Atalanta and fair enough, they were relegated that season.

He returned to France with Strasbourg and got to another French Cup Final, collecting his second runners up medal after the first he collected at Sochaux. Nevertheless Strasbourg went on a run in the UEFA Cup only to be put out by a Roberto Baggio led AC Milan. His Strasbourg teammates at that time included David Zitelli and Freddie Arpinon.

He then signed for Montpellier where he stayed for a couple of seasons and became a free agent.

McLeish went after him, personally showing him round Edinburgh and despite Hibs being in the 2nd tier of Scottish football and concrete offers from both Basle and Rapid Vienna (both in the top leagues of their respective countries) signed for Hibs.

At the time we signed Sauzee, he had 39 French caps, 9 international goals, A European Cup Winners Medal, An assortment of French League and Cup winners medals and 15 seasons experience in top flight football.

He personally influenced the signings of Zitelli, Aprinon, Libbra and Henry for Hibs.

Now THAT was a signing.

Hibercelona
21-10-2009, 07:55 PM
The Signing of Franck Sauzee

Don't do that to me!

I nearly chocked on my beer! :grr:

Ed De Gramo
21-10-2009, 07:59 PM
I was just thinking back to when Hibs signed Sauzee and wondered if our younger fans appreciated just how massive a coup it was for us to sign him back then.

Here was a midfielder who had started his career at Sochaux at 17 and could point to a certain Eric Cantona as a teammate. As he progressed, he got himself a reputation for dedicated training, healthy eating, sensible living and flair football.

He was a member of the French U-21 side that won the European Championship then signed for Marseille where he won the league title and French Cup. He moved to Monaco for a season, under the manager of a guy called Arsene Wenger and won the French Cup again. Went back to Marseille and re-joined a side with the likes of Alain Boksic, Rudi Voller, Marcel Desailly and Didier Deschamps and won a small competition called the Champions League, scoring the goal that put out the strongest Rangers side I've seen in my lifetime, in the process.

He left Marseille having scored 12 goals in 35 league games that season, at the highest level - from midfield.

He then went to Serie A with Atalanta and fair enough, they were relegated that season.

He returned to France with Strasbourg and got to another French Cup Final, collecting his second runners up medal after the first he collected at Sochaux. Nevertheless Strasbourg went on a run in the UEFA Cup only to be put out by a Roberto Baggio led AC Milan. His Strasbourg teammates at that time included David Zitelli and Freddie Arpinon.

He then signed for Montpellier where he stayed for a couple of seasons and became a free agent.

McLeish went after him, personally showing him round Edinburgh and despite Hibs being in the 2nd tier of Scottish football and concrete offers from both Basle and Rapid Vienna (both in the top leagues of their respective countries) signed for Hibs.

At the time we signed Sauzee, he had 39 French caps, 9 international goals, A European Cup Winners Medal, An assortment of French League and Cup winners medals and 15 seasons experience in top flight football.

He personally influenced the signings of Zitelli, Aprinon, Libbra and Henry for Hibs.

Now THAT was a signing.

:top marks:top marks

I think I was about 13 or 14 when he signed and I remember reading the list of clubs he played for and was in awe that a Champions League winner was gonna be gracing my club :thumbsup:

Am I right in thinking that he took a shot from the halfway that hit the crossbar in a bounce game....or have I just etched a fake memory in my head :cool2:

CapitalHibs
21-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Wasn't it Franck who recommended Steven Thicot to Hibs?

bigstu
21-10-2009, 08:08 PM
im 23 now, so was young then. I knew we'd signed a decent player but had no idea at all how big a signing it actually was. Suppose it would be like signing Michael Ballack or similar now.
Hopefully he'll return to watch us one day, i don't know many legends that havent been invited back by their old club, he may of course have refused an invitation but not to my knowledge

Hermit Crab
21-10-2009, 08:13 PM
I was just thinking when we signed The Tank. S**t ive got the wrong thread. :wink:

lyonhibs
21-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Regarding Sauzee's signing, the more I think about it, the less I can believe it.

I would venture that in terms of previous pedigree, he's the best non OF signing (maybe including the OF???) ever since the SPL started.

Perspective
21-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Wasn't McLeish tipped off about Franck's availability by Willie McKay?

Probably the one positive thing that he's done for us as a club.

CapitalHibs
21-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Regarding Sauzee's signing, the more I think about it, the less I can believe it.

I would venture that in terms of previous pedigree, he's the best non OF signing (maybe including the OF???) ever since the SPL started.

I think the difference here is Franck took the club and the supporters into his heart. He certainly was no paid mercenary.

lyonhibs
21-10-2009, 08:22 PM
I think the difference here is Franck took the club and the supporters into his heart. He certainly was no paid mercenary.

Certainly not, but then again he certainly wasn't unpaid either :greengrin

Remains a complete legend though. Class oozed from practically his every touch, and he loved ramming it in against the Yams.

TheEastTerrace
21-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Says so much about Scottish football these days that even the OF teams could not attract such a talented and experienced player to the SPL now. What a coup it was by GJP back then. My best memories of Franck include slaloming past various opposition players from sweeper, pin-point passing and of course that bullet against the yams in the millennium derby. A true great. Would love to see him at a big game as a guest of the club and introduced to the fans. What a reception he'd get. :not worth

Luna_Asylum
21-10-2009, 08:31 PM
[/B]

Certainly not, but then again he certainly wasn't unpaid either :greengrin

Remains a complete legend though. Class oozed from practically his every touch, and he loved ramming it in against the Yams.

are you sure!

NOLA
21-10-2009, 08:34 PM
classy player , classy gentleman, older fans of the stanton era might have viewed sauzee as similar in that he strolled through games:sauzee:

CapitalHibs
21-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Says so much about Scottish football these days that even the OF teams could not attract such a talented and experienced player to the SPL now. What a coup it was by GJP back then. My best memories of Franck include slaloming past various opposition players from sweeper, pin-point passing and of course that bullet against the yams in the millennium derby. A true great. Would love to see him at a big game as a guest of the club and introduced to the fans. What a reception he'd get. :not worth

Agree with all that, but who can honestly say they had heard of him before he signed for Hibs:dunno:

TheEastTerrace
21-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Agree with all that, but who can honestly say they had heard of him before he signed for Hibs:dunno:

I can't speak for everyone, but I remembered him well from his Marseille days. He was also featured on World Greatest Goals Vol. 2 :greengrin

NOLA
21-10-2009, 08:39 PM

Me! I'm half French and still have a vhs tape of marseille v rangers and the champions league final against milan season 93 :greengrin

MGmick
21-10-2009, 09:01 PM
classy player , classy gentleman, older fans of the stanton era might have viewed sauzee as similar in that he strolled through games:sauzee:

That's exactly how I remember him. Shame we couldn't have got him at 16 too.

bobbyhibs1983
21-10-2009, 09:01 PM
was young when we signed him(ok 15, unsure if that is young) and cant say i heard much about him as a player but what the O.P says what alot of good clubs he played for:greengrin

Someone above mentioned about there fav memory well i think mine from what i recall he got the ball and well a couple of heartz players were around him and as coool as a cat he sorta turned and back healed it to the right back,it was a game at tynie, i know not much but to do that at tynie under some pressure, what can you say

sleeping giant
21-10-2009, 09:04 PM
are you sure!

Rammed one in that cost him his front teeth:cool2:

Leithenhibby
21-10-2009, 09:33 PM

Remember the first time I saw him at ER, had to pinch myself. The way those two played the game was a sheer joy to watch...magic.

HibbyAndy
21-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Frankie boy eh! what kin ye say?

Was there that day at Falkirk when we won 2-1 and he made his debut (derek collins and gay boy hartley) ..went 13 points clear that day and won the league there and then..Alex Marinkov? made his debut that day tae and AYE actually thought he was the better frenchman on the day! seriously!..but as time went on, Franko showed his class.

That stunner at ****castle when he ran the whole length of the pic to celebrate with US will live with me forever.

Whatever you do/are doing in life Frank ma man, take it easy, you were/are da man!

SmashinGlass
21-10-2009, 09:47 PM

Was there that day at Falkirk when we won 2-1 and he made his debut (derek collins and gay boy hartley) ..went 13 points clear that day and won the league there and then..Alex Marinkov? made his debut that day tae and AYE actually thought he was the better frenchman on the day! seriously!..but as time went on, Franko showed his class.

That stunner at ****castle when he ran the whole length of the pic to celebrate with US will live with me forever.

Whatever you do/are doing in life Frank ma man, take it easy, you were/are da man!

Was there as well. Fartley got sent off if i remember rightly and Collins scored the winner! Marinkov did look the better player that day but how we were all proved wrong!!

The 3-0 which you refer to was my first ever derby at tynie and will remain in my heart for obvious reasons!!! :)

HibbyAndy
21-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Was there as well. Fartley got sent off if i remember rightly and Collins scored the winner! Marinkov did look the better player that day but how we were all proved wrong!!

The 3-0 which you refer to was my first ever derby at tynie and will remain in my heart for obvious reasons!!! :)

:agree: Spot on..Hartley sent off and a looped DC shot went in over the keeper :thumbsup:.

My 1st derby was Archibald at Tiny in 88..won 2-1..lost ma dad with the swaze in the crowd:greengrin

Jonnyboy
21-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Wasn't McLeish tipped off about Franck's availability by Willie McKay?

Probably the one positive thing that he's done for us as a club.

I always feel Big Eck doesn't get the credit he deserved for bringing Franck to ER. Le God said often that it was Eck that sold the club to him :agree:

crewetollhibee
21-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Can remember hearing we had signed Sauzee and thinking I had heard the name somewhere. When I saw his picture and that grinning face I thought oh ya ****er it's him ?!?! He didn't disappoint did he ? :thumbsup:

sambajustice
21-10-2009, 10:42 PM
I thought he was pretty crap...

deano6-2
21-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Franck Sauzee's the greatest player i have ever saw in my 20 years watching Hibs, I hope we will again see a player of his quality in my lifetime but i just can't see it happening.

Onceinawhile
21-10-2009, 10:51 PM
:agree: Spot on..Hartley sent off and a looped DC shot went in over the keeper :thumbsup:.

My 1st derby was Archibald at Tiny in 88..won 2-1..lost ma dad with the swaze in the crowd:greengrin

It was a massive deflection though:agree:

Stood up against the fence that day, I tell you, as big a ****hole as it was, Brockville certainly had "character".

Sauzee was the best player I've ever seen in my years watching hibs, I always remember the first few months when he would take the piss out of defenders around our 18 yard box and I would **** it, not long after that you had no worries, because he just inspired confidence.

Also I was fairly young at the time (a teenager) and I had no idea who he was, I certainly know now though

Jonnyboy
21-10-2009, 10:54 PM

Each to their own :wink:

poolman
21-10-2009, 10:57 PM

MMMMMM Remember that Tynie game with great affection :greengrin

Sauzee.......:love ya!: :greengrin

poolman
21-10-2009, 10:59 PM

Has to be a wind up

sambajustice
21-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Has to be a wind up

It is aye! Sorry, found it funny when I was writing it! :greengrin

If we had him now I reckon we could have serious aspirations of finishing in the top 2!

Was a big mistake getting him in as boss though, he just wasn't ready.

I dont know how money is at ER but imagine we could get him and Latapy in as Youth coaches if we could afford it, i think it would mean only good things for future Hibs teams.

We can but dream I suppose!

poolman
21-10-2009, 11:23 PM
It is aye! Sorry, found it funny when I was writing it! :greengrin

If we had him now I reckon we could have serious aspirations of finishing in the top 2!

Was a big mistake getting him in as boss though, he just wasn't ready.

I dont know how money is at ER but imagine we could get him and Latapy in as Youth coaches if we could afford it, i think it would mean only good things for future Hibs teams.

We can but dream I suppose!

Phew :wink:

jpt11
21-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Not sure if this is true..... I heard that before the 6-2 game sauzee brought champagne into the dressing room (believe it was 7 bottles) and said, that's for after the game lads. Has anyone else heard that story?

another memory, not sure of the game... was when he nut-megged some jambo in our box turning defence into attack, sheer class!!!! think he was playing sweeper by then.

Baader
21-10-2009, 11:45 PM
another memory, not sure of the game... was when he nut-megged some jambo in our box turning defence into attack, sheer class!!!! think he was playing sweeper by then.

Was when he backheeled a through ball away from Gary Wales who kept running for another few yards before he realised Franck was now off in the other direction.

Still the best I've seen and doubt I'll ever be as excited about one player as I was when he was at Hibs - it's an age thing too - too cynical to hero worship now!!!!

Credit to McLeish on his signing - I remember Franck saying how they just talked football on their first meeting and shared the same philosophy on the game. I would love to see him paraded at ER on the last day of the season with hopefully European football in the bag... The Kaiser is due a return!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mixu62
22-10-2009, 12:03 AM
To me it's not just his performances in a Hibs shirt, but also imagine the effect he had on the young players at the time! I'm pretty confident that a lot of our "golden generation" were inspired to practice until they got as good as Franck. Not to mention his healthier living that saw him continue playing into his mid/late 30's. I think players like that have a much bigger effect on the game than what they do on the pitch alone.

Speedy
22-10-2009, 12:03 AM
I hadn't heard of him.

Cameron1875
22-10-2009, 01:06 AM
I would love to see him paraded at ER on the last day of the season with hopefully European football in the bag... The Kaiser is due a return!!!

Your right, Franck should come back. Worth at least asking rodders for him to parade sauzee on pitch at half time or that. Give him a proper reception and forget all about the way he left last time.:thumbsup:

Onceinawhile
22-10-2009, 01:21 AM
Your right, Franck should come back. Worth at least asking rodders for him to parade sauzee on pitch at half time or that. Give him a proper reception and forget all about the way he left last time.:thumbsup:

It would put 1000 on the gate :agree:

Steve-O
22-10-2009, 06:38 AM

I was there too. I knew of Sauzee and did vaguely remember the 1991 European Cup campaign.

He was a bit sluggish in that first game because he hadn't played in a while, I never would've believed that he would become quite as good as he did.

RoslinInstHibby
22-10-2009, 08:03 AM
quite simply the greatest player i have ever seen play for hibs! we was my hero!:thumbsup:

would love to see him come back one day. I also wish we had decent quality vids of his time at ER. I only ever seem to find tou tube vids with very poor quality......

who here chipped in for his birthday pressie, i'm sure it was a fishing rod wasn't it?

Phil D. Rolls
22-10-2009, 09:08 AM
i thought he was pretty crap...

wee airdrie jambo agrees!

JoJo_07
22-10-2009, 09:33 AM
See end part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An3r-2C1yVI&feature=PlayList&p=B89F68F660195C89&index=1) (around 7.45) and start part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KcImcS-z2A&feature=PlayList&p=B89F68F660195C89&index=2). You will end up watching the lot.:wink: Enjoy.

sambajustice
22-10-2009, 10:00 AM
See end part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An3r-2C1yVI&feature=PlayList&p=B89F68F660195C89&index=1) (around 7.45) and start part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KcImcS-z2A&feature=PlayList&p=B89F68F660195C89&index=2). You will end up watching the lot.:wink: Enjoy.

Sign him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, we did!

:thumbsup:

JoJo_07
22-10-2009, 10:16 AM

!

See it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFPDhNVRg2I&feature=PlayList&p=B89F68F660195C89&index=8).

jdships
22-10-2009, 11:06 AM
My memories go back to the "Famous Five" and I can honestly say that FS rates in the top five Hibs players I have seen.
"Legend" is a greatly overused word in football but this man EARNED the title.

:top marks

The Baldmans Comb
22-10-2009, 11:21 AM

It would have been quite strange not to have heard of him as he was an established internationalist,had won the Champions League and was playing in Serie A which at the time was the strongest league in the world.

Great memories of a great player.

aberhibsfc
22-10-2009, 11:34 AM
An ambassador, gentleman, leader and great player. I was honoured to observe him at ER.

I was absolutely gutted when he left Hibs on a low. He was injured and answered Petrie's call to manage the team following McLeish move to the Huns.

His feelings towards the club encouraged Sauzee to end his playing career and take up the role. He would probably admit that his heart ruled his head. He wasn't ready and thrown in at the deep end. I somehow feel we failed him, although it wouldn't surprise me that Sauzee being the honourable gent, initiated his departure of the hot seat and allow Hibs to bring in an experienced manager. We all know how that worked out.

It fills me with regret that he has no regular tie with the club, I wish that the board would extend an inivitation to Franck to visit ER as often as possible. For me, he is a true legend.

I hope he continues to be the eyes and ears for Hibs on the continent.

Would also dearly love Latapy to come to ER as a coach, I am sure he could add value to the technical side of the teams players.

Baader
22-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Don't like to think about his time as manager - never been so gutted to see someone leave Hibs and never will be again.

Just didn't work out but the fans and the board wanted him and he was the obvious choice at the time though with hindsight we'd think differently - we needed experience. Franck's biggest problem though was replacing himself after he hung up the boots to take control. Our defence just collapsed without him and the whole spine had gone. You realised even more then how huge a player and how much a leader he was.

As I said, let's get him back to ER for a game so the fans can PROPERLY show an appreciation...

Scouse Hibee
22-10-2009, 11:55 AM
He was alright, nothing to get too excited about.

Joe Baker II
22-10-2009, 11:56 AM
An ambassador, gentleman, leader and great player. I was honoured to observe him at ER.

It fills me with regret that he has no regular tie with the club, I wish that the board would extend an inivitation to Franck to visit ER as often as possible. For me, he is a true legend.

Sadly can you blame Sauzee for not making much effort to keep ties going - if I were him I would not want to be associated with club who never gave him any support as manager and then thought the disaster that was Williamson would be a better choice after less than 15 games. He shows a lot of dignity by keeping his mouth shut on this to be honest, would hardly expect him to want to come back regularly.

McIntosh
22-10-2009, 12:01 PM
An ambassador, gentleman, leader and great player. I was honoured to observe him at ER.....I somehow feel we failed him

Agreed, he never failed us, we failed him. I doubt we will ever see his like again, beloved.

Seveno
22-10-2009, 12:11 PM
I remember going to Paris on business and having dinner with my French colleagues. When the chat got round to football, they asked if I supported Rangers or Celtic. I told them that I supported Hibernian and that Frank Sauzee played for us. They were awe struck ! :greengrin

BravestHibs
22-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Me! I'm half French and still have a vhs tape of marseille v rangers and the champions league final against milan season 93 :greengrin

Was that the one where Basil Boli scored for Marseille or was that against AC Milan?

JoeT
22-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Remember chatting to Andy Watson at a dance after a St.Mirren game - must have been one of Franck's first home games and I thought he'd looked slow and clumsy and past it....Andy was quick to advise that this was a great coup from McLeish and that he would come good.

How i was wrong:sauzee: = legend

Kaiser1962
22-10-2009, 04:56 PM
It would have been quite strange not to have heard of him as he was an established internationalist,had won the Champions League and was playing in Serie A which at the time was the strongest league in the world.

Great memories of a great player.

I had heard of Sauzee and remember being ecstatic when he signed. Even more so when he gave Ferguson a midfield master-class at ER when he flicked the ball over his head then did it again seconds later. Was the best bits of Blackley and Stanton combined into one footballer.

therealgavmac
22-10-2009, 05:51 PM
I had heard of Sauzee and remember being ecstatic when he signed. Even more so when he gave Ferguson a midfield master-class at ER when he flicked the ball over his head then did it again seconds later. Was the best bits of Blackley and Stanton combined into one footballer.

Ohhh yes - he was so like Stanton the way he commanded a game - both matchless then, now and, well anytime.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-10-2009, 06:50 PM

jeez what an absolute *****hole Easter Road was:bitchy:

matty_f
22-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Sauzee remains my favourite ever Hibs player. Totally loved the guy.:thumbsup:

NOLA
22-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Was that the one where Basil Boli scored for Marseille or was that against AC Milan?

your right Big Bad Basil scored just before half time and Marseille won 1-0 against ac milan, papin had just moved from Marseille to Milan and he got it tight from the fans when he came on!

RickyS
22-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Sauzee remains my favourite ever Hibs player. Totally loved the guy.:thumbsup:

I could talk about the man all day, cant tell you how distraught I was when he was sacked, have always been peeved that the man is remembered by some as a failed manager, rather than the absolute class footballer he was.
I always maintained that he was more than good enough to be playing in england even at the age he joined us. discussions between me and family/mates are sort of split between Le God and Latapy as to who the best player they had seen at ER, but ive never been swayed.
I seem to remember talk of Franck coming over when Mixu was in charge, I would love Yogi to rekindle that and have the man appear at HT in a derby match. I would like the chance to give him another "one sauzee chant"

C'mon Petrie get it sorted!!!!

Storar
22-10-2009, 09:05 PM
He was and still is my favourite Hibs player of all time. Didn't think much of it at the time but I was only about 10 by the time he moved back inot defence and it's not often you find a 10 year old who's favourite player is a central defender!
I got a number 4 on the back of my Hibs top this season and when I was in the line to get served the guy infront of me and the guy behind me were both getting number 4's on their tops too.

Speedway
22-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Remember chatting to Andy Watson at a dance after a St.Mirren game - must have been one of Franck's first home games and I thought he'd looked slow and clumsy and past it....Andy was quick to advise that this was a great coup from McLeish and that he would come good.

How i was wrong:sauzee: = legend

Your assessment of Watson was spot on.

Storar
22-10-2009, 09:13 PM

This is fantastic!
Needs a thread of its own. Seeing a 16 year old Garry O'Connor with stupid hair is too good to miss :faf:

matty_f
22-10-2009, 09:34 PM
He was and still is my favourite Hibs player of all time. Didn't think much of it at the time but I was only about 10 by the time he moved back inot defence and it's not often you find a 10 year old who's favourite player is a central defender!
I got a number 4 on the back of my Hibs top this season and when I was in the line to get served the guy infront of me and the guy behind me were both getting number 4's on their tops too.

:agree: Every Hibs top I get has SAUZEE 4 on it.

sleeping giant
22-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Doing that now:greengrin

Yogi sounds like a manager even back then !

Frank:boo hoo:
Latapy:boo hoo:

sleeping giant
22-10-2009, 10:31 PM
"Archie , what you bring to the team is appreciated by me "

"If he takes anything from that , then , well , good":faf:

Gaun yersel Yogi:cool2:

sleeping giant
22-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Lovell seems really gutted about the abuse he got from a fan !

This is great stuff:thumbsup:

Storar
22-10-2009, 10:37 PM
How disgusting is Paul Hartley in a Hibs strip:jamboak:

sleeping giant
22-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Did i just see 65BD hugging Frank during the 0-3 game at tynie ?:hnet:

He still wears the same hat :greengrin:

HIBERNIALEITH
22-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Does anyone remember a Hibs V Celtic (ugh) game when Sauzee and Chris Sutton were "scrapping" for the ball! Scrapping is totally the wrong word coz Le God took the absolute pi*h out of him and Sutton ended up on his erse right in front of the east terracing and, even he, looked at the support as if to say "what the **** was that?"!:faf: I nearly wet masel laughing at Sutton, but good on him with the look he gave the fans! :thumbsup:

Removed
22-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Did i just see 65BD hugging Frank during the 0-3 game at tynie ?:hnet:

He still wears the same hat :greengrin:

:faf: No it's a different hat

I was at the game, but no, that wasn't me

.....but I still carry a scarf with the star trek crest :greengrin

sleeping giant
22-10-2009, 11:39 PM
:faf: No it's a different hat

I was at the game, but no that wasn't me

:greengrin

Did you see the link ?:faf:

Removed
22-10-2009, 11:42 PM
:greengrin

Did you see the link ?:faf:

Yes, I did :thumbsup:. You are very observant. All that wanking obviously hasn't affected your eyesight :greengrin

RickyS
23-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Yes, I did :thumbsup:. You are very observant. All that wanking obviously hasn't affected your eyesight :greengrin

Married?

Removed
23-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Married?

He is away on business a lot :wink:

Si_17
23-10-2009, 12:27 AM
I always vividly remember an in-direct free kick he scored against St Mirren for some reason...

Franck was God!:agree:

sleeping giant
23-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Married?

:faf:

erin go bragh
23-10-2009, 07:46 AM
:confused: frank never tasted defeat against hearts[player or manager]
i take it you preffered the tank as a player:rolleyes:

erin go bragh
23-10-2009, 07:52 AM
He was alright, nothing to get too excited about.
:confused: I SMELL ANOTHER WIND UP:rolleyes:

sambajustice
23-10-2009, 07:59 AM
:confused: frank never tasted defeat against hearts[player or manager]
i take it you preffered the tank as a player:rolleyes:

:stirrer:

sambajustice
23-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Franck calls us "Hibernians"

I love it! :top marks

Peevemor
23-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Franck calls us "Hibernians"

I love it! :top marks

'eeberniens. :greengrin

Peevemor
23-10-2009, 08:15 AM
I always vividly remember an in-direct free kick he scored against St Mirren for some reason...

Franck was God!:agree:

It was a pass back or something. Every time we got one of those we got all excited about it but, like most other teams, always failed to score. That was until Franck came along and made it look easy.

Si_17
23-10-2009, 08:20 AM
It was a pass back or something. Every time we got one of those we got all excited about it but, like most other teams, always failed to score. That was until Franck came along and made it look easy.

It was that, I believe we won 5-1 that day if I'm not wrong.

Gregor
23-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Not sure if this is true..... I heard that before the 6-2 game sauzee brought champagne into the dressing room (believe it was 7 bottles) and said, that's for after the game lads. Has anyone else heard that story?

Perhaps they started on the champers early? That might explain why we were honking and set up for a tanking for the first 20 mins until Matty Jack was hauled off.

NOLA
05-11-2009, 01:03 AM

watched the whole thing tonight:thumbsup: john hughes comes across as a manager even then:agree: got to love Frankie Boy with his love for Hibernians:thumbsup: we need a Franck Sauzee appreciation society! Vive Heebz:thumbsup:

PedroEdin84
05-11-2009, 02:09 AM
Def need to arrange something for him. I have been Hibs all my life and Sauzee is def the best signing we ever made. Wish we never made him boss tho as i believe he would still be a massive part of us. I think he would even sit in the stands next to us. Management ruined him to early and i agree its time to bring him back for a good party. Part of this this should include some sort of coaching with hibs. We need some inspirational advice from someone who has been there and done it!

Bring back Sauzee!

NOLA
05-11-2009, 04:02 AM
loved Yogi's comments on the mill derby, 'We're not gonnae lose to them today' 'We're better than them, they cant beat us!' thats got me jumping already:wink: just 2andhalf days to go:thumbsup: CalgaryHibs if you read this you better be on the ball come sat:wink:

KWJ
05-11-2009, 06:13 AM
I hadn't heard of him before he signed but quickly learned his pedigree. We truly were blessed with him and Russell at the same time. Russell had me more excited than Franck but he's still a legend and most of all an absolutely smashing bloke.

HibbyKeith
05-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Legend! I have a Dog named after him, so has john
leslie I believe, think it will be hard to see another like him in a hibs shirt in my lifetime,players like that don't come around very often. The paddy Stanton of my era.

KWJ
05-11-2009, 07:12 AM
Mermories are picking up Russ after his 6th in derby.

Screamer against Falkirk at the end of Div 1 season.

Derby goals.

Being at Dunfermline for his first game as manager. Celtic and Hearts games being class as we battled to draws. Sad moment are the pictures of his face as he was punted. Never seen such a sad face.