PDA

View Full Version : Yams Csaba Laszlo is in the frame to succeed in South Africa

cwilliamson85
21-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo is in the frame to succeed Joel Santana as boss of South Africa. (The Sun)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8317831.stm

I would love this to happen :pray:

jgl07
21-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo is in the frame to succeed Joel Santana as boss of South Africa. (The Sun)

Non story all put around by the Hobo and West Coast press to unsettle Hearts ahead of their crunch fixture with Falkirk this weekend.

jacomo
21-10-2009, 01:36 PM

So would he!

If he genuinely is in with a chance of managing the host nation at a World Cup, he'd be insane to turn it down. That kind of profile is invaluable.

Andy74
21-10-2009, 01:37 PM

Why? He's currently managing them into 8th place - do you think they'd be worse off with someone else?

Dashing Bob S
21-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Can't see it. Would you leave the Gorgie giants, riding high at a heady eighth spot in the SPL, to manage a team hosting a mikey mouse cup?

Kato
21-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Can't see it. Would you leave the Gorgie giants, riding high at a heady eighth spot in the SPL, to manage a team hosting a mikey mouse cup?

Yes.:greengrin

If he goes they lose what is their most valuable footballing asset by a long way.

Then, they are truly cattled.

Hibercelona
21-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Why? He's currently managing them into 8th place - do you think they'd be worse off with someone else?

Exactly... he "managed" them to 8th place...

Thats with a very well experienced manager. :agree:

If he leaves... Hearts will be completely in the stinker.

Then they'll be left with Jim Duffy. :devil:

Andy74
21-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Exactly... he "managed" them to 8th place...

Thats with a very well experienced manager. :agree:

If he leaves... Hearts will be completely in the stinker.

Then they'll be left with Jim Duffy. :devil:

Aye, I could be persuaded. always a risk they get someone in who might well be able to work with absolutely nothing.

sam armstrong
21-10-2009, 02:47 PM

Is he really that good. Since he arrived they struggle to average over 1 goal per game even though they are still paying their players more than everyone outside the old firm. I suppose they could get worse though:thumbsup:

jgl07
21-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Is he really that good. Since he arrived they struggle to average over 1 goal per game even though they are still paying their players more than everyone outside the old firm. I suppose they could get worse though:thumbsup:
You can't really blame Csaba for the wage bill. Most of the cash is spent on players signed by Vlad before his arrival.

Csaba is coming under some criticism from the Hearts support for playing one up front at home and failure to change tactics when needed.

Andy74
21-10-2009, 03:18 PM
You can't really blame Csaba for the wage bill. Most of the cash is spent on players signed by Vlad before his arrival.

Csaba is coming under some criticism from the Hearts support for playing one up front at home and failure to change tactics when needed.

Let's just leave him there then.

Aldo
21-10-2009, 04:06 PM
WHy would he leave a team signing world class players and playing in the CL every season with a new 51 million pound stand and a chairman who supports him to the full and doesnt interfere in team affairs.....

Ha ha...this is excellent and hope he goes. WHo would want to manage them in the state they are in???

:greengrin

:bye::bye:lazlo

Hibercelona
21-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Ha ha...this is excellent and hope he goes. WHo would want to manage them in the state they are in???

:bye::bye:lazlo

With the money these daft buggers offer to their players and staff...

I'd imagine quite a few...

I might sign up myself.... just for the money and the giggles. :wink:

Kato
21-10-2009, 04:13 PM

The fact that he can get that disparate bunch to play as something resembling a team shows he's got something. Before he arrived their squad was eating themselves away from within and he sorted that out. If he had any kind of budget I'm sure he'd be doing better.

First decent offer and he'll be off anyways.

EskbankHibby
21-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I would love it if Csaba left as i think he is a decent manager/ringmaster of circus.

Can just imagine the entertainment of the Gorgie managerial recruitment drive when they are linked with Cruyff, Mancini, Scala et al but end up with Whitehill Welfare's manager or Gary Glitter.

Aldo
21-10-2009, 04:16 PM
This is what my 5 year old daughter had to say on the matter.

Who is he and what does he do. Does he work in a bank.

I told he he is the manager of Hearts and she said that they were rubbish and that they were skint.

She is a true Hibby.

She is now running round the house singing Glory Glory to the Hibees. :thumbsup:

TheBall'sRound
21-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Have to say, as far as derby records go, isn't Csaba's pretty poor, particularly in the league?

2 points from 4 games?

Have they actually scored against us in his time when we have had 11 men on the park?

Cropley10
21-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Have to say, as far as derby records go, isn't Csaba's pretty poor, particularly in the league?

2 points from 4 games?

Have they actually scored against us in his time when we have had 11 men on the park?

All of that counts for nothing. He's someone who likes all his players to be about 6' tall or over. As usual I'm feeling fearty about this Derby...

Jack
21-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Spin and rumour to nudge him out the door. One word from Casa:blah: :blah: :blah: about this and Vlad with sack him ....

... and obviously bring in Avraham Grant shortly afterwards. :faf:

HibbyAndy
21-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Nah keep him at Tiny.. guiding them to 8th place , playing boring shight football with 1 up front all the time, and is always good for a laugh, the mans defo not the full shilling, makes a pap of himself time after time.

Lets keep the eccentric one just where he is.

PC Stamp
21-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Aye, I could be persuaded. always a risk they get someone in who might well be able to work with absolutely nothing.

But can they get someone in who can work with less than nothing? :wink:

1875godsgift
21-10-2009, 09:55 PM
This is what my 5 year old daughter had to say on the matter.

Who is he and what does he do. Does he work in a bank.

I told he he is the manager of Hearts and she said that they were rubbish and that they were skint.

She is a true Hibby.

She is now running round the house singing Glory Glory to the Hibees. :thumbsup:

Thats the way! My wee 6 year old boy sings Hibs Heroes at school, trouble is we live in Wales so no-one knows what the **** he's on about!
Made the mistake of singing " When I was young, I had no sense, I bought a flute for 50 pence " without thinking to him today, had to quickly change the last 2 lines! Hope he doesn't sing it to his Hun step-grandad! :greengrin

poolman
21-10-2009, 11:05 PM
I would love it if Csaba left as i think he is a decent manager/ringmaster of circus.

Can just imagine the entertainment of the Gorgie managerial recruitment drive when they are linked with Cruyff, Mancini, Scala et al but end up with Whitehill Welfare's manager or Gary Glitter.

If Shabby left I think Blobby Williamson is the man to take the Yams forward

Along the road and into the cinema at Fountainpark :agree:

crewetollhibee
21-10-2009, 11:33 PM
In World Cup terms, South Africa are only a wee team. He's not used to managing wee teams is he ? :devil:

Hibbyradge
22-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Zero chance.

Tranmere Rovers, although not going to the world cup, might be a better bet for Laszlo.

Or so I hear.

LancsHibs
22-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Zero chance.

Tranmere Rovers, although not going to the world cup, might be a better bet for Laszlo.

Or so I hear.

Oh I hope so:faf: How would they explain him leaving the biggest club in er.. Gorgie for a team about to be relegated to the English basement:thumbsup:

Where did you hear this gem:greengrin :jamboak: Tic Tok

LancsHibs
22-10-2009, 08:25 AM
just been checking & cant find any mention of Laszlo being linked with Tranmere, Stephen Frail quoted at 25/1 on Victor Chandler tho':faf:

Hibee87
22-10-2009, 08:54 AM

I actually do, in previous years Vlad has still spent money/increased the debt now he is giving no money csaba knows this, we know this and everyone in the football world who is offered this job woudl know this. Would you want to manage a team where you are being told, you will get nae money to spend and we will sell out top assests. the answer is NO

the next manager if there is any truth whatsoever in these claims will be a vlad puppet in the malofeev role, and we all know how good he was :faf::jamboak:

Phil D. Rolls
22-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Move along nothing to see here.