PDA

View Full Version : Rangers blame CL defeat on Scottish Football.

Keith_M
21-10-2009, 12:33 PM
OK, they haven't yet, but surely it's only a matter of time before that's the excuse.

It normally runs along the lines of, whenever they get pumped by a European Team, that the size of the club they were playing and the resources available to them is so different to what's in the SPL.

That being the case, and given last night's winners are from a town with a population of 17,000 and have a stadium capacity of 7,000, surely a more appropriate league for Der Hun would be the Scottish 2nd or 3rd division.

That way, they get to play clubs like Unirea every week, which should prepare them properly. I personally can't wait for Martin Bain's application to get relegated.

:greengrin

stubru59
21-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Have always maintained that the undoing of most SPL teams playing against the OF is their failure to convert the chances they get.

The European sides by and large make the most of their chances. Saying that, some of the defending by Rangers last was comical.

In a sense, there is an argument for saying the OF get away with lapses in play which are punished at European level.

Baader
21-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Funny, Rangers were in a European final last season yet you never hear how the competition they face domestically contributed to their getting there.

Only seems to be we are to blame when they fail in spectacular fashion like last night.

**** 'em. I couldn't care less about their plight. I hope we plunge them into 'crisis' (as the Daily ****** would have it) on Saturday.

Hermit Crab
21-10-2009, 10:23 PM
I heard they are going to sign the liverpool beach ball to add to the rest of the balloons they thier already:greengrin

HibbyAndy
21-10-2009, 10:32 PM
The Huns can blame themselves for last nights euro exit.

Not one penny spent in the summer to strenghen there already pish team..possible star players leaving in January aswell with no one coming in.

Nae money to spend on enhancing team, and made abundantly clear.

The Huns have themselves to blame :bye::bye:

And i for one would love it...just love it...if we had a go at this pish poor team on Saturday.

Pumped 4-1 twice at hame in back to back CL games...blame yourselfs you utterly disgusting bigotted annoying shower of cheating smelly buckie swirling trampos.

Brando7
21-10-2009, 10:38 PM
The Huns can blame themselves for last nights euro exit.

Not one penny spent in the summer to strenghen there already pish team..possible star players leaving in January aswell with no one coming in.

Nae money to spend on enhancing team, and made abundantly clear.

The Huns have themselves to blame :bye::bye:

And i for one would love it...just love it...if we had a go at this pish poor team on Saturday.

Pumped 4-1 twice at hame in back to back CL games...blame yourselfs you utterly disgusting bigotted annoying shower of cheating smelly buckie swirling trampos.

Wot he said :thumbsup:

Hope we have a right go at them at the weekend