PDA

View Full Version : Mogga for Boro?

oneone73
21-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Now that Southgate has been sacked, what price Mowbray escaping his SPL hell to sign up for his boyhood idols? After all, we all know the value he places on loyalty ..

erskine-hibby
21-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Now that Southgate has been sacked, what price Mowbray escaping his SPL hell to sign up for his boyhood idols? After all, we all know the value he places on loyalty ..

Probably more cash, less hastle to win things and a better league...he'll be off next week if a deal can be struck:agree:

If Only
21-10-2009, 07:48 AM

Sky Sports suggesting that Gordon Strachan will be next manager.

Steve-O
21-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Sky Sports suggesting that Gordon Strachan will be next manager.

Unlucky Boro! :bye:

Bunter
21-10-2009, 07:57 AM
I'd love to see him go there if only to see TGFITW turn themselves inside out with their revisionism about how he was never really good enough for them and how he wasn't a Celtc man at heart.
Shower of manks don't deserve anything better.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-10-2009, 08:14 AM
"When opportunity comes calling, answer at the first ring"

col02
21-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Surely he has unfinished business at Celtic still!:greengrin

jdships
21-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Probably more cash, less hastle to win things and a better league...he'll be off next week if a deal can be struck:agree:

If everything goes "pear shaped" tonight think you might be right :greengrin

I imagine though Strachan will be the favourite - yuch !!

:bitchy:

freddie m
21-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Does he not usually sign a contract extension first followed by the line "I still have some unfinished business here".
Glory glory
:flag::flag::flag::flag:

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Maybe let Strachan get the ' Boro job and get settle in, then him and Mowbray could swap jobs to save on compensation payments. He is after all, the manager that almost took them to the last 8 of the CL and as their mouthpiece recently commented that is something that they are not not able to achieve because of the constraints of the SPL[?]. Southgate getting emptied after a decent result and with his team in a no bad place in a tight league seems a bit strange. Behind closed doors stuff no doubt.

Toaods
21-10-2009, 09:58 AM
I see Strachan as the next Newcastle manager.

jacomo
21-10-2009, 10:07 AM
I was surprised that Boro appointed Southgate over Mowbray at the time... of course, we'd have still lost him, but we'd have lost him during the summer, rather than a few months later. It just seems such a natural move.

I would chuckle heartily if he does walk!

Cue Mark McGhee throwing his towel in for the Parkhead job once again, though "obviously I am very happy at Aberdeen" :devil:

Jonnyboy
21-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Unlucky Boro! :bye:

I know where you're coming from but dislike of the wee turd aside, his record at Celtic was no too bad :agree:

andyg
21-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Southgate getting emptied after a decent result and with his team in a no bad place in a tight league seems a bit strange. Behind closed doors stuff no doubt.

They lost the previous 3 home games which might have something to do with it. Still a bit harsh though.

jacomo
21-10-2009, 01:47 PM
They lost the previous 3 home games which might have something to do with it. Still a bit harsh though.

For all that Steve Gibson is held up as a wonderful chairman, he does seem to make a lot of bad decisions - mostly, making odd managerial appointments, and then sacking them at the wrong time.

I think the slumping attendances would have had a big factor - Boro have huge debts, apparently.

Haymaker
21-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Gibson has only sacked one manager. He also realised that boro were well out of their depth financially and had to cut back significantly and Southgate was forced to play a midfield of academy players and little to spend. Had Alves not been an expensive **** up then im sure they would have done better.

Shame, I like Southgate, he understands the game, didnt blame everyone and anyone when his team lost and is a genuinely nice bloke.

Oh and he missed a penalty in Euro96!

Tattie
21-10-2009, 03:39 PM
I heard attendances were utter garbo recently aswell. Lowest league attendance in their history last night supposedly.

New manager, new brand of football might get some more punters through the turnstiles.

Aldo
21-10-2009, 04:08 PM
:devil:

shame we werent playing them this week and the east coast media was stirring it to put them off.

:greengrin

heretoday
21-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Can't see Moggy leaving Celtic.

Shame for Southgate who is a decent chappie despite looking at times like a serial killer.

NOLA
21-10-2009, 07:58 PM
no way tony m will walk out on sellic right now, maybe in 2 years though

Hermit Crab
21-10-2009, 08:01 PM
I'd love to see him go there if only to see TGFITW turn themselves inside out with their revisionism about how he was never really good enough for them and how he wasn't a Celtc man at heart.
Shower of manks don't deserve anything better.

:agree:

I hope he does go because they will be in dire straits.

proud_and_green
21-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Not a hope in hell of this happening!

Although, now that i've said that it probably will. Such is my success in predictions!!!

McHibby
21-10-2009, 09:18 PM

It does seem very harsh, especially when the BBC has the chairman saying the decision had been made to sack Southgate weeks ago. So basically it didn't matter what the guy did he was going to get the boot anyway. Not a nice way to treat someone who seems to have been a good servant, playing and managing. In fact, it's not a nice way to treat anyone.

HibbyAndy
21-10-2009, 10:26 PM
No chance TM will leave Celtic for Boro..no chance!

Gordon Strapon is my tip.

iwasthere1972
21-10-2009, 10:44 PM
TM is probably the only person of any value at Celtic.

A hefty compensation would have to be agreed as Celtic IIRC paid WBA £2 million for his services.

Anyway it's not going to happen.