PDA

View Full Version : benji & zoumo

brydekirk
20-10-2009, 07:10 PM
some of the hibs players, supporters and others should take a leaf out of thier book. They believe 100% that they and hibs are winners. there international game didnt go to well but they get on with it and turned in a good performance at the weekend for the hibees. good attitude imo. :agree: :thumbsup:

shamo9
20-10-2009, 07:12 PM
First time I've seen someone praise Benji's attitude:wink:

hibsbollah
20-10-2009, 07:15 PM
First time I've seen someone praise Benji's attitude:wink:

Benji has a first class attitude, from what ive seen on the pitch and in HI interviews. He likes to win. Everything else is hearsay.

Winston Ingram
20-10-2009, 08:56 PM
some of the hibs players, supporters and others should take a leaf out of thier book. They believe 100% that they and hibs are winners. there international game didnt go to well but they get on with it and turned in a good performance at the weekend for the hibees. good attitude imo. :agree: :thumbsup:

Totally agree. Benji has worked his nuts off since he's been back:agree:

greenlex
20-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Benji has a first class attitude, from what ive seen on the pitch and in HI interviews. He likes to win. Everything else is hearsay.

I take it you were not at Hampden for our first game as holders if the Cis Cup?

erin-go-bragh87
21-10-2009, 08:08 AM

:top marks

Why shouldnt we be looking at splitting the old firm, its not like they are that much better than us, a point that will be proved at Ibrox when we beat them 2-0!!

Mickey Edwards
21-10-2009, 10:11 AM
I agree ...in the title push we will need blue sky thinkers who see no reason to accept the old firm hegemony unless they have better squads than us......and this season they don't have better squads than us.

Andy74
21-10-2009, 10:41 AM
I take it you were not at Hampden for our first game as holders if the Cis Cup?

Aye, and Benji was really alone in having a poor attitude that night, wasn't he?!

He was in the midst of a very frustrating time for him having been dropped when he wanted top play at Ramadan and then having various injuries, not to mention personal problems so he had more reason than most to be hacked off with life that night.

And what does the Hibs family do? Support him or understand him? No, they prefer to demonise the guy and make up all sorts of crap about his character.

I'm happy to say that I always had no issues with his commitment or attitude and argued that strongly whils others were wanting him turfed out based on what was mainly total myth and second hand information.

sambajustice
21-10-2009, 11:04 AM

You're not allowed to think that on this forum mate!

If you think that Hibs are good, and should rightfully be right at the top of the league every season and should be challenging for at least 3rd every season you get accused of being "arrogant" and "having a Yam-ish" attitude!

We're all losers on this board dont you know!

TornadoHibby
21-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Aye, and Benji was really alone in having a poor attitude that night, wasn't he?!

He was in the midst of a very frustrating time for him having been dropped when he wanted top play at Ramadan and then having various injuries, not to mention personal problems so he had more reason than most to be hacked off with life that night.

And what does the Hibs family do? Support him or understand him? No, they prefer to demonise the guy and make up all sorts of crap about his character.

I'm happy to say that I always had no issues with his commitment or attitude and argued that strongly whils others were wanting him turfed out based on what was mainly total myth and second hand information.

:top marks

Well said Andy! :agree:

I fully agree and asked a couple of "Benji doubters" on Saturday during the match what their problem was with Benji as I thought he was having an excellent game then! :confused:

Guess what? :wink:

They couldn't (rather wouldn't :wink:) tell me! :cool2:

Oscar T Grouch
21-10-2009, 12:14 PM

Totally agree, I like Benji, always have. Met him on Easter Road one day with Zouma, he was pleasant. I asked him to score 2 goal in the final (it was a few days before the final) and he duly obligied. Also, the yams really hate him, like deeks, that always makes me like someone more :greengrin

Irish Al 2
21-10-2009, 12:23 PM
there international game didnt go to well but they get on with it

I know Morroco missed out on the World Cup, but did they qualify for the African Nations Cup? Will we be missing both guys for all of January?

Cheers,

Al

Big Frank
21-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Agreed. Benji and Zemmama have been great so far!

With a bit of belief we can do something this season :agree:

Lets get positive about the Cabbage :agree:

Long may it continue I say!

greenlex
21-10-2009, 07:52 PM

You are confusing the issue here Andy. That night we were collectively not great but won. Benji was the only one in the huff. He was playing so he should have been busting a gut (as he seems to be at the moment) to show he "was" able to play during ramadan. He didnt. He wandered around in a huge huff and gave us fans a gtf as he went off.
Fair play to him at the moment but I get the impression he is a game or two away from another huff. Prove me wrong Benji.

brydekirk
21-10-2009, 08:12 PM
I know Morroco missed out on the World Cup, but did they qualify for the African Nations Cup? Will we be missing both guys for all of January?

Cheers,

Al

think they have to beat columbia and need other results to help them qualify.

Perspective
21-10-2009, 08:13 PM
You are confusing the issue here Andy. That night we were collectively not great but won. Benji was the only one in the huff. He was playing so he should have been busting a gut (as he seems to be at the moment) to show he "was" able to play during ramadan. He didnt. He wandered around in a huge huff and gave us fans a gtf as he went off.
Fair play to him at the moment but I get the impression he is a game or two away from another huff. Prove me wrong Benji.

Benji had an off-night, not from a lack of effort IIRC. It was a miserable performance from the team and nothing was coming off for him.

He took a lot of stick form the fans who were present and reacted.

Delighted to see him back playing with a smile on his face. All it took was a bit of decent man-management and an understanding of the player as a person.

Crazyhorse
22-10-2009, 12:22 AM
think they have to beat columbia and need other results to help them qualify.

Cameroon?

Dinkydoo
22-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Christ, peoples the opinion's change on here like the wind. Before the start of the season (and after a game or two in) the vote for Benji to gtf or even rot in the reserves until his contract is up was near enough unanimous (sp).

I do have respect for Benji with the way he has played recently and long may that continue but to start defending him after the various different things he did to subtly stick two fingers up at the club, previous manager and then fans is ridiculas and hypocritical in my very honest opinion.
:slipper:

:offski:

gstarbry1875
22-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Morocco need to beat Cameroon at home to qualify for the African cup of Nations.

I hope Cameroon win to be honest as i don't want to lose Benji or Zouma for a few weeks at a crucial time in the season!!

Luna_Asylum
22-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Christ, peoples the opinion's change on here like the wind. Before the start of the season (and after a game or two in) the vote for Benji to gtf or even rot in the reserves until his contract is up was near enough unanimous (sp).

I do have respect for Benji with the way he has played recently and long may that continue but to start defending him after the various different things he did to subtly stick two fingers up at the club, previous manager and then fans is ridiculas and hypocritical in my very honest opinion.
:slipper:

:offski:

and you will be the last in a very long line of people who will ignore a request to tell us what these things were - unless of course the "you obviously were not at hampden" nugget