PDA

View Full Version : what players will the media tout

CRAZYHIBBY
20-10-2009, 06:13 PM
normally when Hibs are doing well the media start touting our players to Celtic and Rangers in the usual bid to unsettle us and throw us off track,We have already had Zouma touted for standard liege , who do you reckons next ??

jodjam
20-10-2009, 06:18 PM
expect a "liam miller, my hibs hell" headline sometime before saturday

brydekirk
20-10-2009, 06:20 PM
normally when Hibs are doing well the media start touting our players to Celtic and Rangers in the usual bid to unsettle us and throw us off track,We have already had Zouma touted for standard liege , who do you reckons next ??

relax,the OF cant afford our players, and under the new management nobody would wont to leave. the hibees are back. :thumbsup:

Landells
20-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Zemmama

Danderhall Hibs
20-10-2009, 06:26 PM
And to think we call Celtic fans paranoid?!

basehibby
20-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Zemama would be the favourite - FFS some have even touted him on here (ie. "sure to lose him in Jan" doom-monger type posts) So I'd be surprised if the DR or Sun doesn't try to flog him to one of the OF before the week's out. :yawn:

bingo70
20-10-2009, 06:42 PM

:greengrin

In the past whenever we've had good players and done well then the old firm have generally bought our players so the 'weejie media' have been right on most occasions.

I don't think that the papers care enough about hibs to make stories up about us, of course they get it wrong some times but i reckon they're probably right more than they're wrong when it comes to us.

silverhibee
20-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Riordan to Burnley could be a story the press may run with before Saturday.:duck:

Danderhall Hibs
20-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Riordan to Burnley could be a story the press may run with before Saturday.:duck:

If they do it's not to try and unsettle us it's because there's some tapping up going on that they've found out about.

oconnors_strip
20-10-2009, 09:53 PM

funnily enough i was thinking this too:greengrin

and "deek hits the bars", last night hibs striker derek riordan declined to comment over the rumour that he hit some bars yesterday. a source said he hit the crossbar ten times during a training session at east mains.:greengrin

i cant wait to read all the pish that will be written this week:blah::blah:

Shrekko
20-10-2009, 10:28 PM

:agree:
I'm starting to cringe at this notion that the media sit there plotting our downfall in the week leading up to games against the Old Firm.

The Scottish sports media is pathetic but jeez it's some stretch to believe that they reckon they can help do Hibs down by making up a story linking one of our players with a move away.

The truth is they dont think Hibs are a threat anyway.

I dont think Riordan to Burnley is exactly a new story and I'm sure even if it's printed it's not going to upset Derek too much.

Jim44
20-10-2009, 10:33 PM
As a variation on a theme, I think the Weegie Media might ignore the player approach, and focus in on the imminent departure of John Hughes to the EPL.:greengrin

offshorehibby
20-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Luckily i think the weegie press will be to busy dissecting the huns European disaster.

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2009, 05:27 PM

I don't get the weekday papers - what was the answer? Who was it they touted?

Golden Bear
24-10-2009, 05:32 PM
I don't get the weekday papers - what was the answer? Who was it they touted?

Wait until tomorrow.

An impressive performance at Ibrox is totally unacceptable as far as the weegie press is concerned.

We shall be made to suffer I tell ye!

:greengrin

greenlex
24-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Yogi to replace Mogga!!!

heretoday
24-10-2009, 06:35 PM
The Glasgow media are quaking at the moment because with the OF not doing so well they are having to do a bit of honest toil for a change.

That involves actually criticising the hand that feeds too which makes them uncomfortable.

Richard Gordon is enjoying it though!.

EasterRoad4Ever
24-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Yogi to replace Mogga!!!

:agree: the only surprise is that the campaign ain't started already. Failing that Yogi will soon be touted for every Eng Champ job in hope of disrupting our progress.

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2009, 06:55 PM
:agree: the only surprise is that the campaign ain't started already. Failing that Yogi will soon be touted for every Eng Champ job in hope of disrupting our progress.

:tee hee: Will they not wait until we're playing the OF again?

Spike Mandela
24-10-2009, 07:23 PM
As soon as I read Mowbray's excuses midweek and his 'plea' for more quality players my first thought was oh oh, Zemamma'a going to Celtic.:grr:

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2009, 07:45 PM
As soon as I read Mowbray's excuses midweek and his 'plea' for more quality players my first thought was oh oh, Zemamma'a going to Celtic.:grr:

Good point. Why do you think the weegie papers didn't use this to try and unsettle us? Blatant ignorance on their part IMO.