PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scotland Under 17s Tonight

Future17
20-10-2009, 01:32 PM
For those who are interested, Scotland's Under-17 team play against Cyprus at East End Park tonight (7.30pm kick-off, £5 adults, £2 kids).

The game is the first in the qualification process for the Under-17 European Championship Finals which take place in May 2010 in Liechenstein.

No Hibees in the squad unfortunately, but the squad does include Celtic's Islam Feruz, the first player to be selected in a Scotland squad who qualifies under the recently changed "5-years of schooling" rule.

Haymaker
20-10-2009, 01:33 PM
For those who are interested, Scotland's Under-17 team play against Cyprus at East End Park tonight (7.30pm kick-off, £5 adults, £2 kids).

The game is the first in the qualification process for the Under-17 European Championship Finals which take place in May 2010 in Liechenstein.

No Hibees in the squad unfortunately, but the squad does include Celtic's Islam Feruz, the first player to be selected in a Scotland squad who qualifies under the recently changed "5-years of schooling" rule.

Allegedly he is absolutely brilliant?

HIBERNIAN 1875
20-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Played against him last season, he is outstanding. :agree:

Future17
20-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Allegedly he is absolutely brilliant?

Played against him last season, he is outstanding. :agree:

The suggestion from people I've spoken to is that he was the main reason behind Gordon Smith driving through the rule change with the other "Home" nations and UEFA/FIFA. :agree:

I don't want to re-open this debate which has already been done to death on other threads but I'm told he's been here since age 11 and considers himself Scottish. Good enough for me. :thumbsup:

Haymaker
20-10-2009, 01:42 PM
The suggestion from people I've spoken to is that he was the main reason behind Gordon Smith driving through the rule change with the other "Home" nations and UEFA/FIFA. :agree:

I don't want to re-open this debate which has already been done to death on other threads but I'm told he's been here since age 11 and considers himself Scottish. Good enough for me. :thumbsup:

Aye good enough for me as well, hope the boys is that good and makes it!

Should really move to the cabbage youth team...:greengrin

fordie2
20-10-2009, 02:23 PM

I thought he was only 14? Think he's been here for 11 years?

Haymaker
20-10-2009, 02:25 PM
I thought he was only 14? Think he's been here for 11 years?

He is, must be some player if he can handle playing at that level...

Moved here when he was 7

MB62
20-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Aye good enough for me as well, hope the boys is that good and makes it!

Should really move to the cabbage youth team...:greengrin

In all seriousness, the Hibees youth coaches or whoever is responsible, should be looking at 'enticing' this laddie away from them.
In the same way that they can steal our first team players (e.g. £4.5m for Broonaldo, now that's a steal :wink:) the reputation Hibernian has for treating youngsters extremely well and then giving them their chance in the first team, has to be a big pull to any young lad.
Unfortunately, this laddie seems to be so good that he will probably be one of the few who do make Celtc breakthrough, in about 10 years time :greengrin, but the principle should be there for use for others.

I noticed the Dons had a 16 year old boy in their team against the Yams and I think this will be the way ahead for more and more teams now, so we might find ourselves competing harder for the good young guys. East Mains will be a BIG plus in our favour though.

Back on topic, good luck to the young Scots tonight.

Haymaker
20-10-2009, 02:35 PM
In all seriousness, the Hibees youth coaches or whoever is responsible, should be looking at 'enticing' this laddie away from them.
In the same way that they can steal our first team players (e.g. £4.5m for Broonaldo, now that's a steal :wink:) the reputation Hibernian has for treating youngsters extremely well and then giving them their chance in the first team, has to be a big pull to any young lad.
Unfortunately, this laddie seems to be so good that he will probably be one of the few who do make Celtc breakthrough, in about 10 years time :greengrin, but the principle should be there for use for others.

I noticed the Dons had a 16 year old boy in their team against the Yams and I think this will be the way ahead for more and more teams now, so we might find ourselves competing harder for the good young guys. East Mains will be a BIG plus in our favour though.

Back on topic, good luck to the young Scots tonight.

From what I hear if he doesnt make it then something will have gone wrong! I just fear he maybe hyped up too much like all weegie "superstars" but good luck to the laddie and good luck to the young lads tonight!

MacBean
21-10-2009, 09:06 AM
1 - 1 so far, 5 minutes to go

1 - 2

How did the young Sellick lad get on? any idea?

brog
21-10-2009, 12:10 PM
How did the young Sellick lad get on? any idea?

I just saw a clip on Sky. He came on as sub & laid on our goal with a brilliant run. However he's tiny, think of a small Jamie McCluskey :wink:. Hopefully however he'll develop physically & as a footballer.
That said, I believe Hibs continue to be under represented at all under age levels from U-21 down, so what's new huh!

Future17
21-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Scotland lost 1-2 to two late goals which was a massive disappointment. Really need to win our next two games against Georgia and Portugal to qualify for the Elite stage, the first of which is against Georgia on Thursday night.

Portugal beat Georgia 2-0 last night.