PDA

View Full Version : World Cup playoff draw (merged)

Borders Hibby
19-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Ireland play against Le Bleu. Chances?

blueisthecolour
19-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Republic of Ireland v France
Portugal v Bosnia
Greece v Ukraine
Russia v Slovenia

for anyone interested.

Borders Hibby
19-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Somebody just merged me wth a currant bun, thats no nice!:wink:

HH81
19-10-2009, 12:18 PM

France are in the play off's as they have been poor. I feel Ireland should be happy with that draw as they can win.

FRes Hibbie
19-10-2009, 12:20 PM
France are in the play off's as they have been poor. I feel Ireland should be happy with that draw as they can win.

:agree: France have been gash for a few years now. Ireland have every chance.

jacques_b
19-10-2009, 12:47 PM
no chance. poor start but ended up one point off the top at the end. a problem scoring goals at times but all-in-all should see france through.

that's what i want as well. the best and biggest playing at the world cup against each other. (except england, of course - mon the portugal!)

Sylar
19-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Hope France, Greece, Portugal and Russia are all dumped on their *****. The fact that they've been kept apart is a ridicule to the integrity of the competition.

Borders Hibby
19-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Hope France, Greece, Portugal and Russia are all dumped on their *****. The fact that they've been kept apart is a ridicule to the integrity of the competition.

Too right, shouldnt be alowed to change the rules half way through! Unless of course it is league reconstruction and saves us from relegation!:wink:

brog
19-10-2009, 12:58 PM
I may be wrong but I think Scotland would have put Ireland out if we had won against Holland. Mind you, if Ireland had needed a win against Montenegro I'm sure they would have managed it. Absolute farce by FIFA to move the goalposts but what's new.

Nameless
19-10-2009, 01:00 PM
They ran the Italians close, so they should skoosh the French.

aberhibsfc
19-10-2009, 01:04 PM
I may be wrong but I think Scotland would have put Ireland out if we had won against Holland. Mind you, if Ireland had needed a win against Montenegro I'm sure they would have managed it. Absolute farce by FIFA to move the goalposts but what's new.

As a neutral I would have liked France to qualify, however as a Hibby, I'd rather Ireland progressed in the hope Stokes and Miller turned out for them.

There's pluses for either failing.

If France fail - Trezeguet doesn't go. Can't be bothered with him after his attitude at the France 5 Scotland 0 game. He can sit on his claw.

If Ireland fail - At least we won't have to endure that sniffy we whelk McGeady.

Andy.1875
19-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Hope the Republic go through. Keeps some Hibs interest in it, plus I would get beaten up over here if I shouted on France.

iwasthere1972
19-10-2009, 01:57 PM
How Raymond Domenech has kept his job is beyond me.

Republic of Ireland have nothing to fear against the over-rated French team who could be without Thierry Henry for the match in Ireland.

Hope all the seeded teams get humped.

Peevemor
19-10-2009, 02:25 PM
How Raymond Domenech has kept his job is beyond me.

Republic of Ireland have nothing to fear against the over-rated French team who could be without Thierry Henry for the match in Ireland.

Hope all the seeded teams get humped.

I agree, though to say the ROI have nothing to fear is going a bit far. The tie is tough but winnable for both teams.

Makaveli
19-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Why am I not surprised that Greece, the lowest ranked seed who FIFA cared least about helping through, drew by far the strongest unseeded side in Ukraine? :rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
19-10-2009, 02:56 PM
I agree, though to say the ROI have nothing to fear is going a bit far. The tie is tough but winnable for both teams.

Same could be said about our fixture against the Huns at the weekend. Yogi will be telling the players that they have nothing to fear although I expect it to go breasts up.

NOLA
19-10-2009, 07:59 PM
ROI have a good manager but France have a clown masquerading as one

Sas_The_Hibby
19-10-2009, 08:36 PM

A very good chance if it's only the one 'bleu' they're playing.......... :wink:

Phil MaGlass
20-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Hopefully Ireland get skelped home and away, Ukraine go through with Portugal and Russia, always like watchin Portugal puttin the english oot.

Mikey_1875
20-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Got to feel sorry for Bosnia and Slovenia who have been dealt a pretty bum deal here. They would stand a good chance against some of the lower seeded teams if the draw was fair.

hibsbollah
20-10-2009, 10:50 AM
:sauzee: