PDA

View Full Version : Attendance?

El Gubbz
19-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Does anyone know the official attendance from saturday?

BBC has it down as 10,992 but surely it was more than that :confused:

RIP
19-10-2009, 09:43 AM

Attendance figures utterly irrelevant these days as I reckon we generally have a thousand or two ST's who don't bother to take their seats for some games. I knew 3 different ST's who were golfing, at a kids party and on holiday (respectively) on Saturday and missed the match.

Ravelston Hibby
19-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Attendance figures utterly irrelevant these days as I reckon we generally have a thousand or two ST's who don't bother to take their seats for some games. I knew 3 different ST's who were golfing, at a kids party and on holiday (respectively) on Saturday and missed the match.

Seemed like there was a fair few away watching Sunderland v Liverpool too.

Brooster
19-10-2009, 09:51 AM
As per usual too many who cant be errrrsed watching Hibs even when we are doing well.

Part/Time Supporter
19-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Scotsman and the Herald are taking the piss out of Celtc for their attendance figure of 58,000, apparently it was more like 42,000-45,000.

:hmmm:

Hibbyradge
19-10-2009, 10:21 AM

That's the figure on the fishy site too.

I think that's about right.

Don't worry though, when the Old firm leave, the attendance will double. :wink:

MB62
19-10-2009, 10:46 AM

If this is correct, it is disappointing as the way the lads are playing at the moment, they certainly deserve more.
This is the problem of teams playing garbage for a season or two or more. It is easy for people to walk away and stop supporting the club when the team is crap, but it takes a lot of long time effort to entice most back.
I get the feeling there are still quite a few who are staying away because they are thinking 'here we go again, another Hibs team flattering to deceive and they will blow it in the end' and TBH, if that is the feeling, who can blame them as it is really common practice for us. However, IMO, I actually feel this team have the ability to stay the course, IF, they keep applying themselves every week.
I am not going to go shouting about splitting the OF, it's a long season and we are not even a quarter of the way through it yet, so it's still far too early to be saying things like that. What I will say though is, we are absolutely more than capable of making third spot our own and if we can make that our aim, who knows what might happen as the season unfolds. I think everyone agrees that the OF are pretty poor this season by their own SPL standards and teams will take points off them, but one game at a time and I see no reason why we can't hit greyskull on Saturday and come away with a positive result, but we will have to have a team/squad of players working extremely hard for 90 minutes (not just the 45 that we have done in the last two games).

basehibby
19-10-2009, 11:06 AM
I can't speak for the STs away playing golf (:confused:) but I know a lot of people are feeling the pinch because of the recession and I can count myself among that number. I didn't get a ST this season - partly for financial reasons - but have been to most of the home games anyway.

The stay aways need to know what they're missing as the football on show at ER deserves to be watched and no doubt about it. Hopefully if we skelp the huns at Ipox next weekend some of them will wake up and smell the coffee and give the fairways and Ikea the bums rush.

Franck is God
19-10-2009, 11:26 AM
I can't speak for the STs away playing golf (:confused:) but I know a lot of people are feeling the pinch because of the recession and I can count myself among that number. I didn't get a ST this season - partly for financial reasons - but have been to most of the home games anyway.

These comments mirror my own situation, I didn't get an ST this season purely for financial reasons and wasn't sure until Friday that I had the cash to actually go.

I've been lucky not to have missed any home games so far and glad that Killie on Saturday wasn't my first, decent game and performance and a very good win.

JoJo_07
19-10-2009, 11:50 AM

We sit in the back row of the South lower and there are LCD screens in the security bit behind us that give a live update of the turnstiles with crowd and percentage. The last time I looked that figure would be about right. What "Hibs" are quoting (well what appears in the press) is usually about right. So either all season ticket holders ARE attending OR Hibs don't just give the figure as season tickets holders (attending or not) + walk-ups BUT give it as what it actually IS unlike some other teams appear to do.

I note there is some talk on JKB about Hibs poor attendance. Probably from the same folks that took the piss (does the Nade thing still work ;-), we'll see) out of Hibs on the LC game only to find they got even less. I would imagine that even if Hibs do take slightly less of a crowd at home games (2-3000) they still take in as much money. Why? Have you taken a look at their pricing structure? Surely this isn't a way to run a club (but heh! WE knew that years ago.) ;-)

soupy
19-10-2009, 11:57 AM
I thought it was about right, loads of empty seats at the famous five end of the east stand, plus not many seats were taken up in the away end...