PDA

View Full Version : Beuzelin.

Jim44
18-10-2009, 10:49 PM
I was surprised he wasn't in Hamilton's squad on Saturday. Surely he's not out through injury already.

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm sure their manager mentioned something about him having to work his way into the first team squad.

So perhaps he wants to see more from him in training before choosing to include him into the first team squad.

Mag7
19-10-2009, 09:58 AM
I think the bottom line with Boozy is that he's just not that great. He had an excellent first half of the season when he first joined Hibs, and linked very well with that lad we had on loan whose name I forget. After that he was very inconsistent and far too often injured (the two probably go hand in hand). The only other time I remember thinking he deserved a lot of credit was the CIS Cup semi-final v St Johnstone where he had an absolute stinker yet never hid from the ball and showed a battling quality I'd never really credited him with. Overall then, a player with obvious talent but not the genius some seem to think he was.

Jim44
19-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm sure their manager mentioned something about him having to work his way into the first team squad.

So perhaps he wants to see more from him in training before choosing to include him into the first team squad.

I think the bottom line with Boozy is that he's just not that great. He had an excellent first half of the season when he first joined Hibs, and linked very well with that lad we had on loan whose name I forget. After that he was very inconsistent and far too often injured (the two probably go hand in hand). The only other time I remember thinking he deserved a lot of credit was the CIS Cup semi-final v St Johnstone where he had an absolute stinker yet never hid from the ball and showed a battling quality I'd never really credited him with. Overall then, a player with obvious talent but not the genius some seem to think he was.

I thought he was a bit over-hyped with us but I honestly thought that even a half match fit Beuzelin would get into a Hamilton squad. I think he will be regretting turning down the one year contract at Coventry.

Danny_Hibee
19-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I was surprised he wasn't in Hamilton's squad on Saturday. Surely he's not out through injury already.

:confused:he was on the bench

IWasThere2016
19-10-2009, 11:10 AM

:agree:

Phil MaGlass
19-10-2009, 11:12 AM

Quite agree.

Jim44
19-10-2009, 11:27 AM

Apologies...........one of the Sunday rags had omitted his name but I see he's there in my morning paper. :rolleyes:

Broken Gnome
19-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Not to get into another Beuzelin debate, but he had far more to show for than just 'one good season' when he first joined. He was a huge part of the 2005/06 side when they were at their best, and one of the most important players in Collins' team from the Motherwell 6-1, Celtic 2-2 days right through to playing Rangers off the park at Ibrox. Yes he wasn't exceptional week after week, but he had as many truly good games as most players in those teams did.

'Mon the Hibs
19-10-2009, 01:16 PM

Rocastle :confused:

I wonder what he is up to? Do you think he could do a job for us still? The type of Matty Jack player we are crying out for!!

:wink::greengrin

Billychaotic182
19-10-2009, 04:51 PM

I wonder what he is up to? Do you think he could do a job for us still? The type of Matty Jack player we are crying out for!!

:greengrin:greengrin

millarco
19-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Not to get into another Beuzelin debate, but he had far more to show for than just 'one good season' when he first joined. He was a huge part of the 2005/06 side when they were at their best, and one of the most important players in Collins' team from the Motherwell 6-1, Celtic 2-2 days right through to playing Rangers off the park at Ibrox. Yes he wasn't exceptional week after week, but he had as many truly good games as most players in those teams did.

:agree:

He was key to the start of the season under Collins when we went top at Ibrox, but got injured for the next game against Motherwell and we never really recovered. A fantastic player on his day with the technical ability to walk into most SPL sides, his performances against Lennon and Ferguson were at times sensational.

snooky
19-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Boozy - a player who could be a hero or a huddie or a huddie or a huddie.

Makaveli
19-10-2009, 11:59 PM
He made those around him look good, not by doing "unseen" work but by always being available as an out-ball.

I'm glad Miller seems to have a similar level of spatial awareness.

Scotthibs1875
20-10-2009, 12:03 AM

Matty Jack was a good player :faf:

rossi
20-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Repeating myself here, but he was never the same after Naismith's assault at rugby park.