PDA

View Full Version : Will we take anything from Ibrox? (merged)

Jones28
18-10-2009, 09:04 PM
I reckon if we play well enough we will take 3 points :agree: :thumbsup:

:flag:

blueisthecolour
18-10-2009, 09:09 PM
I reckon if we play well enough we will take 3 points :agree: :thumbsup:

:flag:

Nope:wink:

NOLA
18-10-2009, 09:12 PM
don't think we'll get anything, all depends on the ref though!

surreyhibbie
18-10-2009, 09:13 PM
not impossible. But unlikely.

HibbyAndy
18-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Nope:wink:

Wouldnt be the 1st time weve come away from Ibrox with the spoils.

Fud

sadtom
18-10-2009, 09:25 PM
3 pts and possibly scabies or the dreaded lurgy.

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Benji will do an Ivan Sproule and all will be good.

blueisthecolour
18-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Wouldnt be the 1st time weve come away from Ibrox with the spoils.

Fud

Explain please

Those games are in the past, look to the future

Coco Bryce
18-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Sadly the ref will make sure we leave with 0 points.

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 09:41 PM
We will defo take something away. :agree:

A few holes in the stomach... and a few pieces of glass in the head. :devil: :duck:

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Explain please

Too true my dear friend... too true...

As for looking into the future of Rangers... its looking pretty bleak. :wink:

VegasHibby
18-10-2009, 09:50 PM
I think we've every chance of beating the huns at Ibrox.
If everyone is 100% committed all the way to the final whistle we'll get the 3 points. Lets face it at this point we have better players.

blueisthecolour
18-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Too true my dear friend... too true...

As for looking into the future of Rangers... its looking pretty bleak. :wink:

Do you think, if pretty bleak is going in to your next game top of the league im all for it:wink:

Hibee_Rab
18-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Do you think, if pretty bleak is going in to your next game top of the league im all for it:wink:

You wont be leaving it top of the league :pray::asshole:

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 09:54 PM

And you lot finishing off second best at the end of the game... i'm all for it. :wink:

Speedy
18-10-2009, 09:56 PM
I went for 0 points. I look forward to being proved wrong

stubru59
18-10-2009, 10:21 PM
It all depends on which Hibs team turns up on the day. Player for player we are perfectly capable of beating them.

Put the chances away, keep the head and the game is ours. Any win will do me but 2-1 looks the more realistic.

sleeping giant
18-10-2009, 10:24 PM
I wouldnt be unhappy with a point if i'm being honest.

I can still see us winning it though:thumbsup:

1875godsgift
18-10-2009, 10:43 PM
I think there's a good chance we could come away with the match ball. We have the experience....:thumbsup:

sleeping giant
18-10-2009, 10:44 PM
I think there's a good chance we could come away with the match ball. We have the experience....:thumbsup:

Oh ! Thats good on so many levels :greengrin

plhibs
18-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Sadly the ref will make sure we leave with 0 points.

This is the part that bothers me , the "establishment" dont want any other team than the O.F. being the top dogs

gackohibs
18-10-2009, 11:02 PM
they are there for the taking!!
If aberdeen can do it this season, we can too

basehibby
18-10-2009, 11:11 PM
We're on a great run of form and I fancy us for the three points :pray:

Ryan91
18-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Cautiously optomistic ahead of the game, but i think we could very easily walk away with at least a point from Castle Greyskull. 'Mon the Hibs, Prove me wrong and take 3 instead :pray:

blueisthecolour
18-10-2009, 11:21 PM

What did Aberdeen do?

Liberal Hibby
18-10-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm sure LMWH will be along shortly, but the reality is that our record at Ibrox and Parkhead is truely dire. I'd be surprised if we even average a point a season at either ground.

We still have a suspect defence, our midfield is still literally lightweight and we have not had good results this season against teams that chase and harry and close down the midfield.

And some are predicting and easy three points? Bizarre.

hibiedude
19-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Having watched Rangers a few times this season on ESPN or Sky Sports 3 they are there for taking we should go there thinking we have nothing to lose and give it a good go.

3 points could be ours if we go with the right attitude

heretoday
19-10-2009, 09:03 AM
It'll be the usual chip and chase situation. If we get a decent break we will score.

Hibs are the cats. Rangers are a bunch of horrible pooh arsed dogs.

Cabbage East
19-10-2009, 09:10 AM
No reason why we can't, i've seen us win there 3 times recently.

Plus they are utter baws at the moment.

heretoday
19-10-2009, 09:18 AM
I have to say....purrr... in all my years of watching Scottish Football I have never seen a poorer Old Firm. They really are not very good.

Hibs - if they can avoid serious injuries - can win this thing.

Russian Hibs Fan
19-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Why not?

But I bet we will lose, hope I am wrong.

Steve20
19-10-2009, 09:46 AM
We are capable if we play at our best, but I don't think we will get anything on Saturday.

blueisthecolour
19-10-2009, 10:24 AM
I have to say....purrr... in all my years of watching Scottish Football I have never seen a poorer Old Firm. They really are not very good.

Hibs - if they can avoid serious injuries - can win this thing.

Do you mean the game or league?

bingo70
19-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Just noticed on bet 365 your getting 9/1 for hibs to win, thats pretty good odds as we're definately capable of at least a draw.

If our defence can manage to concentrate for the whole game i think we could get something as they don't have anyone up front thats likely to create something from nothing, while thats an area we definately aren't lacking.

Phil MaGlass
19-10-2009, 10:35 AM
2-3 for the Hibs

Craig_in_Prague
19-10-2009, 10:40 AM
I'll be going down the pub to watch it and fully expect us to be in the game right to the end.
Suspect it'll be quite tight with 1 goal deciding it either way.

Would love to see us take the game to them and have our attacking players all play well. Then it could get interesting.

johnrebus
19-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Will be happy with a point.

Don't think the defense has gelled enough to withstand the hell hole that is Ibrox.

But I hope I'm wrong.

:pray:

HIBERNIAN 1875
19-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Would happily take a point. :agree:

Luna Landing
19-10-2009, 10:49 AM
I swithered between 1 and 3 points but with them having a CL game this week I really think we have a good chance of winning - in the past they have proved to be vulnerable the weekend after a CL game.

givescotlandfreedom
19-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Don't think the defense has gelled enough to withstand the hell hole that is Ibrox.

But I hope I'm wrong.

:pray:

Likewise, though I also think we will score so all's not lost. I would like to see Maka start, Stack will have to be very busy and command his area. He's not been anything like commanding enough this far IMO.

blueisthecolour
19-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Just noticed on bet 365 your getting 9/1 for hibs to win, thats pretty good odds as we're definately capable of at least a draw.

If our defence can manage to concentrate for the whole game i think we could get something as they don't have anyone up front thats likely to create something from nothing, while thats an area we definately aren't lacking.

That is fantastic odds, we never seem to play well after a c/l game, we always struggle, I could't bet against my team but if I was a hibs fan I would be sticking some cash on that.

zlatan
19-10-2009, 11:00 AM
It's usually when we go to Glasgow full of confidence that we get sent back with our tails between our legs.

We are capable of getting a result but I wouldn't be getting to carried away in thinking we will.

Sir David Gray
19-10-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm quietly confident about this game but I won't be predicting a victory or anything like that.

Rangers are not a good side but they are still more consistent than us and have lost just 20 games at Ibrox since the SPL was established in 98/99 and are undefeated in the league so far. Make no mistake, it will take an incredible effort by ALL of our players if we are going to take even a point next week so for us to actually win this game, we will also need to carry quite a lot of luck as well.

If we play as well as we can for the entire 90 minutes, then I think we have a very good chance of winning the game but if we don't, Rangers still have the players who will punish us for any sloppy play.

I'm really looking forward to this game, though.

Big Frank
19-10-2009, 02:14 PM
For me its about taking the chances when we get them, and I think we will take the chances!

I'll be quite disappointed if we fail to score on Saturday.

I honestly think the huns will have to be on the top of their game to win.

Everyone do their jobs and win their battles. Deeks and Zemmama will do the rest :greengrin

3-1 the Cabbage. :agree:

Hainan Hibs
19-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Defence and midfield will have to be focused for 90 minutes, (7 more if we are winning at the end of 90) and the strikers have to take any chance we get, Rangers do have players that can punish us and any mistake we make.

As shown in recent years it is possible, but as stated before there have been a number of occasions were we've been sent packing after going in confident.

But anyway, **** it, 3-0 to the Cabbage:thumbsup::greengrin

heretoday
19-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Do you mean the game or league?

I mean the League. If you can believe that.

MMMM Purrrrr

BravestHibs
19-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Explain please

I think he means that he thinks that you are a fud.

Wilson
19-10-2009, 02:51 PM
It is hard to see past Hibs for this one. Rangers are rank - be honest.

The only team that will get Hibs beat at the weekend is Hibs themselves.

We have the players to take the spoils - lets have the belief.

basehibby
19-10-2009, 03:25 PM
That is fantastic odds, we never seem to play well after a c/l game, we always struggle, I could't bet against my team but if I was a hibs fan I would be sticking some cash on that.

You know - I'm not usually a betting man - but on this occasion....:hmmm:

blueisthecolour
19-10-2009, 04:23 PM
I think he means that he thinks that you are a fud.

And when I say explain Im asking to explain why he thinks that.

blueisthecolour
19-10-2009, 04:24 PM
I mean theaguee L. If you can believe that.

MMMM Purrrrr

It made me laugh

Bad Martini
19-10-2009, 08:16 PM
2-0 to Hibs.

Hopefully GIRFUY rangers and charlie richmond...weeeareeeaapeeepul - ye's can shove it up yer collective unwashed and dirty erses.

MON THE HIBS

ENDOF :agree:

Chuckie
19-10-2009, 08:21 PM
I think we will win 4-0.

Wotherspiniesta
19-10-2009, 08:24 PM
it made me laugh

hun

gstarbry1875
19-10-2009, 08:47 PM
What did Aberdeen do?

They left Ibrox with a point!! were you not at that game gloryhunter??

blueisthecolour
19-10-2009, 09:03 PM
They left Ibrox with a point!! were you not at that game gloryhunter??

This is what I replied to, The first part make it sound as if we can go and beat them.
The 2nd part is saying we can get a draw (as thats what aberdeen got)

One thing im not is a glory hunter, born a rangers supporter will die a rangers supporter no matter how good or how bad things get, and yes I go to the games.

blueisthecolour
19-10-2009, 09:04 PM
hun

Another one who adds something to the thread, good imput:bitchy:

Wotherspiniesta
19-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Another one who adds something to the thread, good imput :bitchy:

At least I can contribute correct spelling. But then again, what do I expect from a hun?:jamboak:

Bad Martini
19-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Took a draw with Killie, whilst ye beat QOS, it was hardly convincing and truth be told, they DESERVED something from that game. Took another draw, this time with the sheep and blootered of Sevilla then turned over celtic and st johnstone.

Hardly setting the heather alight now is it?

Anyways, I sincerely hope we turn you over and given yer comments on NOT being a glory hunter, we'll expect you quoting posts with silly wee :wink: after the event if ye lose eh.

ENDOF

Minder
19-10-2009, 09:17 PM
This is a poor Rangers side, however with Charlie boy in charge anything can happen. Just hope we aint nobbled. Miller and Stokes - 0-2.

Nameless
19-10-2009, 09:21 PM
I think we are capable of winning, but I also think we are capable of shipping 5, so I'll be happy with a scrappy 0-0.

rossi
19-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Let's all take a wee reality check here; it's just a few weeks since St Johnstone were humping us. I'd be delighted with a draw. We've no fit/experienced right back, and both our keepers are suspect.

Jack
20-10-2009, 08:11 AM
If its level at half time I expect Sol to be sent off early in the second half.
If Zemmama tries any of that smart ass stuff, skill to you and I, I fully expect him to join the space station in orbit.
Still think Hibs will be good for a draw as Stack will save the 93rd minute penalty.

blueisthecolour
20-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Took a draw with Killie, whilst ye beat QOS, it was hardly convincing and truth be told, they DESERVED something from that game. Took another draw, this time with the sheep and blootered of Sevilla then turned over celtic and st johnstone.

Hardly setting the heather alight now is it?

Anyways, I sincerely hope we turn you over and given yer comments on NOT being a glory hunter, we'll expect you quoting posts with silly wee :wink: after the event if ye lose eh.

ENDOF
IF rangers get beat on sat I will take it on the chin and will come on and take the ribbing I deserve, It's banter and part of football, the question is IF Rangers win will poster on here accept the banter going their way from me or will I be told to **** of as Im only at the wind up? Surley if its given it's got to be taken back:aok:

Hibs On Tour
20-10-2009, 12:24 PM
If we have a go at them, no reason we can't win.

Defences are both ******. Midfields they are slightly better with a wee bit more dig than us at present [IMHO], up front we are way better off *if* our lot are in the mood.

9-1 for the win is absolutely crazy odds. Rangers 1-4? Never in a month of Sundays!

'Mon the Cabbage!

Oscar T Grouch
20-10-2009, 12:31 PM
When did we get a pet current bun? I knew we have a pet lesser green and a couple of pet yams but a pet hun, a lot of interest in the super Hibees nowadays eh?

blueisthecolour
20-10-2009, 12:41 PM
At least I can contribute correct spelling. But then again, what do I expect from a hun?:jamboak:

But nothing worthwhile to the debate.

blueisthecolour
20-10-2009, 12:43 PM
When did we get a pet current bun? I knew we have a pet lesser green and a couple of pet yams but a pet hun, a lot of interest in the super Hibees nowadays eh?

If you mean me, according to my profile Aug I joined.

BravestHibs
20-10-2009, 12:47 PM

Currant Bun= Hun = Rangers = you.

Don't be facetious.

Oscar T Grouch
20-10-2009, 12:47 PM

Cheers, good to see other teams supporters taking an interest in the Hibees.

I like pets, I got a cat and a russian dwarf hamster, do you do tricks?

Wilson
20-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Let's all take a wee reality check here; it's just a few weeks since St Johnstone were humping us. I'd be delighted with a draw. We've no fit/experienced right back, and both our keepers are suspect.

Talk of splitting the Old Firm this early in the season - reality check required.

Going in to a game against THIS Rangers side with a bit of confidence that we can take something from the game - keep your reality check!

Lets not be beaten before the kick-off FFS.

GGTTH!!

McSwanky
20-10-2009, 01:02 PM
6-4 to Hibs.

Wilson
20-10-2009, 01:03 PM
6-4 to Hibs.

Only shipping 4? Keeper played a blinder then. Well done Stacky - motm :agree::wink:

blueisthecolour
20-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Currant Bun= Hun = Rangers = you.

Don't be facetious.

To some but not to others, but it's been covered before.

blueisthecolour
20-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Cheers, good to see other teams supporters taking an interest in the Hibees.

I like pets, I got a cat and a russian dwarf hamster, do you do tricks?

I make footballers score goals, go to Ibrox on sat and see my work:wink:

Bad Martini
20-10-2009, 02:51 PM
IF rangers get beat on sat I will take it on the chin and will come on and take the ribbing I deserve, It's banter and part of football, the question is IF Rangers win will poster on here accept the banter going their way from me or will I be told to **** of as Im only at the wind up? Surley if its given it's got to be taken back:aok:

Its a Hibs board ... were allowed to hurl abuse at the rest of the SPL.

However IF you do win, why not log on and fire some banter......then find out how well received it'll be :greengrin

Hibs90
20-10-2009, 02:55 PM
3 points. Why can't we? Mon the Hibs. :thumbsup:

hibsbollah
20-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Rangers will win, despite a faultless performance from young whistler Richmond.

camhibby1
20-10-2009, 04:07 PM
I think the guys who will be key to our performance on Saturday will be those who have played on the big stage and know how the Glasgow teams approach tight games as this one will be. For me Miller, Murray and Rordan have a big part to play in how we approach this match - and this would help Zouma and Stokes to perform with panache and McBride to help the defence. I hope this game doesn't get to Wotherspoon. Looking forward to it and am cautiously optimistic.

mim
20-10-2009, 04:08 PM
If the good Hibs turn up, they'll win.
Milk turns faster than this Rangers defence and we can get a few goals.

Wotherspiniesta
20-10-2009, 05:56 PM
But nothing worthwhile to the debate.

What's to debate? You are a hun. It's quite simple really. IMO you're getting pretty cocky considering you are a guest here. Maybe its just me.

erskine-hibby
20-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Rangers are ****, we have nothing to fear, an easy 3 points in my book if we can keep the concentration level up.

James Connolly
20-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Watching this shower tonight, Hibs have nothing to fear on Saturday; they are utter pish!!

Diclonius
20-10-2009, 08:41 PM
..this is our best chance to win there in years. Let's have a right good go, if we capitulate there I'll be extremely disappointed.

Let's get the **** into them.

JCHibby
20-10-2009, 08:44 PM
100% - Lets get right at them from the off. An early goal and it could get funny! Come on Yogi Boy:thumbsup::thumbsup:

dirtydirk
20-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Could be the opposite. I think tonight could maybe work against us considering the pressure smith will be under if they lose on sat.

Storar
20-10-2009, 08:46 PM
I'd go the opposite way. Try and keep it tight until half time, frustrate them and give them no reason to hit us on the break. Then come out and pummel them in the 2nd half :partyhibb

I'm_cabbaged
20-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Could be the opposite. I think tonight could maybe work against us considering the pressure smith will be under if they lose on sat.

Could get the backlash. :boo hoo:

YehButNoBut
20-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Could get the backlash. :boo hoo:

Don't think this Gers team are good enough for that, we have nothing to fear. :agree:

gackohibs
20-10-2009, 08:53 PM
id be more than happy with a draw.

it would seriously piss off the unwashed tramps to no end! wattys head on a silver platter? cant wait :thumbsup:

Wee Ian
20-10-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm sure Yogi will be giving it the 'beware the backlash' talk in the papers but secretly rubbing his hands at how gash Rangers were tonight.

We definitely need to go at them :agree:

Hermit Crab
20-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Ok yes the Huns are a loady pish but we canny go to Hunbrox on sat expecting just to turn up we will win, it aint gonna happen. Reality check if we are to get anything on sat we will have to graft like ****** and maybe sneek a 0-1 or 1-2. We cant assume they will play as bad as that on sat and i think maybe 1 or 2 fans will get over confident after tonights result and will be dissapointed if we get nothing on sat then come on here and slate the team afterwards. :wink:

Hibby 2005
20-10-2009, 08:58 PM
I almost don't care about Saturday, tonight was fantastic!!!!!!

GlesgaeHibby
20-10-2009, 09:02 PM
They are a wounded animal, I am seriously worried about saturday for us now as they'll be out fighting from the off. We need to be 100% up for it, all 11 players.

James.
20-10-2009, 09:04 PM
They are a wounded animal, I am seriously worried about saturday for us now as they'll be out fighting from the off. We need to be 100% up for it, all 11 players.

It's definately a worry, their fans will expect a big response from them but on the other hand they've been gash all season and I've got confidence in Big Yogi.

Hibby 2005
20-10-2009, 09:05 PM
On Saturday they'll no doubt win, but the world has seen them tonight, humped at home by an unknown team, ****in joke of a club!

Hiber-nation
20-10-2009, 09:08 PM

Now there's a surprise!!

Hibby 2005
20-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Alex Trager
20-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Let's hope we try our hardest all 11 players come out wanting the victory, because thier's will so we need to be ready for that, and if we can play like we did against motherwell we could sneak a win eres hoping
:panic:

Sir David Gray
20-10-2009, 09:26 PM
As someone has already said, I really don't think the current Rangers team is capable of providing a backlash. I am still quietly confident that we can go there and do something.

Unirea are one of the smallest teams to ever compete in the Champions League and they absolutely ripped Rangers to shreds in that second half. It was actually embarrassing just how easy it looked for them.

We need to go there with a lot of self belief and every single one of our players must fight for each other for the whole game. That's what Unirea did tonight and if we do the same, it won't be long before their fans begin to get on their backs and that will play right into our hands.

Yogi will be saying all the right things publicly but I think he will be saying to the players that if we go there with the right gameplan and the right attitude and strategy then we are more than capable of winning this match.

NAE NOOKIE
20-10-2009, 09:28 PM
A few years back now we got humped 7 - 0 at Hunbrox and 7 days later beat the Yams in a derby we were supposed to have no chance in.

We will have to play at 100% on Saturday to get a result.
If anybody thinks we just have to turn up to win then thats fine as long as it isn't Yogi or the players.

We have the capability to win this one but its going to be tough, theres too much at stake for them for it not to be.

Oh to be young and optomistic ........ Sigh :bitchy:

steakbake
20-10-2009, 09:30 PM
I would love it if we could compound their misery. Wonder what odds you'd get on a 4-1 score line for us on the weekend?

Jim44
20-10-2009, 09:30 PM

If you're a Hibs supporter you have to care about Saturday. I couldn't care less about how they did tonight, although their performance and result brought a smile to my face. Their embarrassment and capitulation tonight is meaningless if they win on Saturday. I cringe when we are accused of enjoying the failure of our opponents more than the success of our own team.

Hibhibhooray
20-10-2009, 09:33 PM
I think the only chance we will have of anything will be the longer it goes Nil Nil. The huns (that turn up to watch) will get on the backs of their team and if we could score then who knows ......

Think they might be a bit of a wounded animal....

mon the Hibs :thumbsup:

shamo9
20-10-2009, 09:40 PM
If Rangers can't perform a miraculous backlash against the mighty Aberdeen at home in identical circumstances, I doubt they could really do the business against a better team:wink:

The only thing Aberdeen had to their advantage was being tighter at the back (probably due to never leaving their own half). I could see us doing a Hamilton, I could see us being served the old sucker punch (Dundee United) but I can't see us being outplayed by Rangers... they're just not very good.

It all hinges on what Hibs team arrives on Saturday. If we actually turn up and play to our capabilities then I see no reason for us not taking something (I'd take our first 11 over their first 11 any day).

Of course Hibs love to disappoint when it really matters so...

brydekirk
20-10-2009, 09:41 PM
As someone has already said, I really don't think the current Rangers team is capable of providing a backlash. I am still quietly confident that we can go there and do something.

Unirea are one of the smallest teams to ever compete in the Champions League and they absolutely ripped Rangers to shreds in that second half. It was actually embarrassing just how easy it looked for them.

We need to go there with a lot of self belief and every single one of our players must fight for each other for the whole game. That's what Unirea did tonight and if we do the same, it won't be long before their fans begin to get on their backs and that will play right into our hands.

Yogi will be saying all the right things publicly but I think he will be saying to the players that if we go there with the right gameplan and the right attitude and strategy then we are more than capable of winning this match.

:agree: :thumbsup:

ancient hibee
20-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Keep the ball for the first 20 minutes-don't give it away-then start shooting on sight and get a few deflections-easy.

Hermit Crab
20-10-2009, 09:47 PM
There may be a few unhappy hibbys come 1645 on sat. Hope im wrong though.

gackohibs
20-10-2009, 09:50 PM
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showforum=1

BRILLIANT!!!!1!!!oneone!!!1!!

:hnet:

Jones28
20-10-2009, 10:04 PM
C'mon the Hibees!!

:flag: Got £3 on Hibs to win 3-1 or 3-0, 100/1 :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
20-10-2009, 10:13 PM
C'mon the Hibees!!

:flag: Got £3 on Hibs to win 3-1 or 3-0, 100/1 :thumbsup:

Thats £3 down the drain. That would have bought you a pint and a packet of nuts with the change :wink:

Hibby 2005
20-10-2009, 10:19 PM
If you're a Hibs supporter you have to care about Saturday. I couldn't care less about how they did tonight, although their performance and result brought a smile to my face. Their embarrassment and capitulation tonight is meaningless if they win on Saturday. I cringe when we are accused of enjoying the failure of our opponents more than the success of our own team.

Unfortunately, the success of our own team in recent years has been limited, to say the least, so of course satisfaction from the failure of the Infirm in Europe is to be applauded by anyone who doesn't support their like, it doesn't mean anything more or less than that.

I sincerly hope and pray that we beat or at the very least draw with them this coming Sat. but I'm no fool, I've seen it all before, but I will be crossing every conceivable part of my body in the fervent hope that it happens.

Hermit Crab
20-10-2009, 10:36 PM
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showforum=1

BRILLIANT!!!!1!!!oneone!!!1!!

:hnet:

I can only read the post not the replys :confused:

truehibernian
20-10-2009, 10:42 PM
How slow and flat did their back four look. Stick with 4-2-4, try and grab an early goal, and I think Rangers will struggle. Need to go right at them from the start and pull them all over the shot. Mendes hates a challenge so he should be melted early doors and Rothen and Whittaker are ripe for a lilian gish taking from Zemmama and Riordan. The Romanians did exactly what Hibs are doing this season and playing keep ball and moving it around quickly. Rangers looked out on their feet after 70 minutes. No better time to try and get a win at Ibrox IMO. Yogi may sacrifice Benji for Cregg (to get in about KT and rile him) which will allow Miller to get forward and support.

iwasthere1972
20-10-2009, 10:44 PM
I can only read the post not the replys :confused:

You have to register. :wink:

Kevvy1875
20-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Just remember.......it will be an SPL referee on the weekend who will piss his pants when 50,000 huns scream for anything. Its gonna be harder than just turning up for the 3 pts. Keep them on the backfoot early and try to expose the lack of pace at the back for them. Zouma to run the show!:thumbsup:

I have a good feeling.....but I have had them before....

1875godsgift
20-10-2009, 10:58 PM
You have to register. :wink:
I would love to have a laugh at them but don't think I could stoop that low!

hibs0666
20-10-2009, 11:01 PM
I would love it if we could compound their misery. Wonder what odds you'd get on a 4-1 score line for us on the weekend?

250/1 :wink:

iwasthere1972
20-10-2009, 11:06 PM
I would love to have a laugh at them but don't think I could stoop that low!

Me neither but I must admit I was tempted. :greengrin

Hibercelona
20-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Rangers are having a hard time scoring... So I would say... Keep it tight at the back, while catching them on the break. :agree:

Vini1875
20-10-2009, 11:56 PM
This is all about the Hibs team for me. In the recent past we have been expected to win and failed to do so. I am looking for us to dig out a result, grind it out if need be. The huns are what they are and I expect a lot of cheating and booting our players all over the park. Our boys have to stand up to that treatment and still play football, we'll get nothing from the ref.

We have the players to beat them, to beat anyone in Scotland, but as has been said many times we have to win some battles and I think this will be a battle.

Hopefully they will still have a hangover and a crisis hanging over them, but if they put on a seige mentality and come out swinging, it is still all about how we play. If we stand up to them and play our own game we are more than capable of a win.

Perspective
21-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Saturday will tell us whether or not this team has the bottle to challenge.

We should be pumped up all week in training and ready to fly out of the traps at Ibrox.

Even though I'm unconvinced so far with Stokes, his movement - along with Riordan, Zemmama and Benji should cause havoc in that static defence. If we play the ball into feet, those lads have the touch and quick feet to tie Weir in knots.

I've no fears for McBride and Miller in the midfield and if Bamba is switched on he can handle Boyd (presuming he comes in). I'd be more concerned about Novo and Miller.

Only other fear is that animal McCulloch rattling into Zemmama early on and putting him out of the game.

Hibs have a habit of letting themselves down in situations like this. Slowly but surely I think we can see Yogi changing the mentality at the club. Saturday's the acid test. No other SPL team should fear going to Glasgow.

ahibby
21-10-2009, 11:24 AM
I think we will play some nice stuff at times but come away with zilch. Not to worry though because I'm sure we can get something at ER from both OF this season.

ahibby
21-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Most sides have tried to put us off our stride with brute force; we have seen it time and time again already only eight games in to the season. Sat will be no different. Signs were that Stokesy is going of the boil perhaps but we will see; I can't understand why anyone would think he hasn't done it this season. I mean along with everyone he was red hot against Motherwell and took his goal well against St J. I have been pleased with Stokes and thought last Sat was his worst game so far for us but wasn't all that bad really. He is only twenty one and might struggle for consistency and he did freeze I thought against Celtic (so maybe that was his worst game so far). I am not expecting anything on Sat despite Rangers apparent fall from grace because despite us dominating most matches we have played, we haven't really made all that many clear cut chances and when we have often haven't been able to take them. Despite us doing well so far we aren't laying them on so well that we certs to score of course having said that we must acknowledge that no SPL side has been really at least not consistently. Would love us to play well and winning or drawing would be a bonus.

Hibs90
21-10-2009, 02:59 PM
I think we should play a 4-4-2.

Stack

McCormack
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Zemmama
Miller
McBride
Riordan

Nish
Benji

Only reason Wotherspoon is dropped is because I see him as more of a midfielder and Naismith/Smith/Papac will be pushing forward as they are at home and I think McCormack would cope better with them defensively.

Stokes, well he was gash and needs a boot up the arse. If he thinks he can just walk into this Hibs team he's wrong. Drop him.

Zemmama will take the pash out a slow, lethargic Papac and Deek we all know has the ability to take on players. Nish can put himself about McCulloch and get him riled up and maybe even make him see a couple of cards. Benji can rip it out Weir. Get stuck right into them from the start, try and get a couple of early goals and we could be 7-0 by half time.

Mon the Hibs. :agree:

soupy
21-10-2009, 03:14 PM
its certainly going to be a very hard game, but the huns are there for the taking, so why shouldnt we be confident....GGTTH

vahibbie
21-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Rangers may be like a wounded animal right now but far from being ready to pounce they are most probably waiting to be put out their misery.
This game is ALL about Hibs. We are the only ones that can fk it up. Keep our heads, remain focused and DON'T be afraid to get stuck in.
Let's drive another nail into the OF coffin.
C'MON THE HIBEES :thumbsup:

PaulSmith
21-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Bougherra out for 2 weeks and Mendes missing is a huge boost.

Rangers will be so up for this it will be frightening, I remember reading about a time Hibs went to Ibrox recently where Smith or McCoist said they had never seen his players so pumped up for a non OF game...the same will happen but if we can stop the initial Rangers onslaught in the first 15 mins then I really fancy our chances.

Petrie's Tache
21-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Saturday will tell us whether or not this team has the bottle to challenge.

We should be pumped up all week in training and ready to fly out of the traps at Ibrox.

Even though I'm unconvinced so far with Stokes, his movement - along with Riordan, Zemmama and Benji should cause havoc in that static defence. If we play the ball into feet, those lads have the touch and quick feet to tie Weir in knots.

I've no fears for McBride and Miller in the midfield and if Bamba is switched on he can handle Boyd (presuming he comes in). I'd be more concerned about Novo and Miller.

Only other fear is that animal McCulloch rattling into Zemmama early on and putting him out of the game.

Hibs have a habit of letting themselves down in situations like this. Slowly but surely I think we can see Yogi changing the mentality at the club. Saturday's the acid test. No other SPL team should fear going to Glasgow.

See Wotherspoon to match millers work rate and Murray to be a far more astute player than Novo.

Next!:greengrin

number9dream
21-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Walter Smith will have gone right through them and the Bears will be demanding a backlash... However, if we can keep them out for half an hour or so, the crowd will get restless and, if we go in front, they will go bananas and a few heads might go down in the home ranks.
I think we have to be positive and try to expose their frailty at the back but I'd maybe add Rankin to the left of midfield and push Riordan up top with Benji.
Stokes and Nish on the bench if we need to go chasing the game...

ancient hibee
21-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Strangely enough Rangers are one of the few teams in the SPL where we won't be up against it physically-quite a turn up for the book.

Perspective
21-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Strangely enough Rangers are one of the few teams in the SPL where we won't be up against it physically-quite a turn up for the book.

Don't know about that - Weir, McCulloch, Papac, Thomson, Novo and Boyd all have it in their locker to 'do' one of our creative players in.

Hibster
21-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Would have preferred it if they'd won last night - as it is now they're going to well up for it on Saturday and desperate to win. Suppose that could work to our advantage but can't see us keeping a clean sheet. Just hope we take any chances that come our way.

sleeping giant
21-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Hun fan at bairns training tonight was bleating on about how he wasnt just embarassed for Rangers but he was embarassed for Scottish football:faf::faf::top marks

I gave him a gentle ribbing:greengrin