PDA

View Full Version : Visits to away grounds

blueisthecolour
18-10-2009, 03:34 PM
To those who follow follow:duck: there team to away games, whats the best ground to go to, what grounds are you treated well and are there any grounds which are terrible to vist and treated like sh**e?

I'm_cabbaged
18-10-2009, 03:40 PM
To those who follow follow:duck: there team to away games, whats the best ground to go to, what grounds are you treated well and are there any grounds which are terrible to vist and treated like sh**e?

If you count getting spat on and called a wee fenian bassa when your 14 by grown men as terrible to visit and treated like shiete, then there's only one winner.

col02
18-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Worst ground for me has to be Pittodrie or Parkhead as they are absolutely shocking for watching the game with the restricted views.

Best ground in the SPL for watching away matches is Tynecastle(when not getting pumped) and Fir Park.

Elephant Stone
18-10-2009, 03:44 PM
I quite enjoy going to Kilmarnock.

Ibrox is undoubtedly the most horrible away trip. Cretinous locals, stewards & police and a horrible underground- allround unpleasant trip.

steviehfc
18-10-2009, 03:53 PM
To those who follow follow:duck: there team to away games, whats the best ground to go to, what grounds are you treated well and are there any grounds which are terrible to vist and treated like sh**e?Worst - Celtc Park, crap view and the Polis/Stewards are w*****s
Best - Tincastle (when we are winning), Fir Park or Rugby Park are usually pretty good as well.

Nameless
18-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Best is Dundee Utd and Motherwell. Tynie is alright now and then.

Worst is Ibrox, but not because of the fans, I just hate being stuck in that wee corner.

Sean1875
18-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Best is Tannadice for me, worst is ibrox.

Sir David Gray
18-10-2009, 04:01 PM
My opinion on this debate is based on being in a wheelchair so with that in mind, the worst grounds in the SPL by an absolute country mile are Fir Park and Tannadice. They are absolutely disgraceful.

Pittodrie and Tynecastle are OK and Falkirk Stadium, New Douglas Park, Rugby Park and Love Street are all pretty poor.

I will be going to Ibrox next week so I'll give my opinion on that when I return. I haven't been to Parkhead and I can't remember much about McDiarmid Park.

If Only
18-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Best is Dundee Utd and Motherwell. Tynie is alright now and then.

Worst is Ibrox, but not because of the fans, I just hate being stuck in that wee corner.

Dont know how you can include Dundee Utd, very little leg room and if you are in the bottom section you are not allowed to stand up. It would be a lot better if we got the section behind the goals.

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 04:18 PM
If you take everything into account.

New Douglas Park has to be the worst overall ground in the SPL.

monktonharp
18-10-2009, 04:41 PM
To those who follow follow:duck: there team to away games, whats the best ground to go to, what grounds are you treated well and are there any grounds which are terrible to vist and treated like sh**e? bet you just love the banter down kerrydale way :wink:
ah the glesga patter:rolleyes:

greenlex
18-10-2009, 04:51 PM
I dont mind Ibrox these days to be honest. Its like a wee band if brothers in that corner and the banter is reasonable too. Its was pure hell in days gone by though and didnt go for years because of it. First game back was Ivans hattrick. Gotta love it after that. :agree: :thumbsup:

steviehfc
18-10-2009, 04:57 PM
I dont mind Ibrox these days to be honest. Its like a wee band if brothers in that corner and the banter is reasonable too.Its was pure hell in days gone by though and didnt go for years because of it. First game back was Ivans hattrick. Gotta love it after that. :agree: :thumbsup::agree: Nothing like as bad as it used to be, i've never had any problems there for years.

woody47
18-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Pittodrie is the pits followed by Tannadice (if you sit in the centre).
Worst abuse is definately ipox. What makes it worse is the old bill are quite happy to ignore the bile coming from the home support but if we even stand it just gives them an excuse to kick us out.
Don't have a favourite but pbs is the business when we win :thumbsup:

blueisthecolour
18-10-2009, 05:32 PM
I quite enjoy going to Kilmarnock.

Ibrox is undoubtedly the most horrible away trip. Cretinous locals, stewards & police and a horrible underground- allround unpleasant trip.
You got that right, Ibrox as an area to live in is terrible, it may surprise folk on here to know it's full of celtic fans and when the ground emptys on a sat there is usally folk being set about by the local neds, this is usally about 10-15 lads but they wait until the majority of the crowd is gone then jump on someone walking alone.

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 05:37 PM
You got that right, Ibrox as an area to live in is terrible, it may surprise folk on here to know it's full of celtic fans and when the ground emptys on a sat there is usally folk being set about by the local neds, this is usally about 10-15 lads but they wait until the majority of the crowd is gone then jump on someone walking alone.

Oh... those awful Celtic fans. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 05:53 PM

More guesswork?

iwasthere1972
18-10-2009, 05:58 PM

Worst. Ibrox for all the obvious reasons and Pittrodrie because you get a sense of being caged in.

Best. Motherwell and dare I say it......Tynecastle. Falkirk aint that bad either.

blueisthecolour
18-10-2009, 05:58 PM
More guesswork?
No

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 05:59 PM
No

Just lies then.

blueisthecolour
18-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Just lies then.

unless you can prove otherwise, believe what you want, tbh on this board your opinion means nothing to me, i can have a good debate with others yet you just try to have wee digs, why not just ignore me if you don't like what I post.

God Petrie
18-10-2009, 06:05 PM
I been to most Ibrox away games since the early 90s and I've never had any real problems apart from the usual weegie nonsense. I think the reputation it has is a myth to be honest or at worst something that has lingered since the 70s and 80s.

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 06:07 PM
unless you can prove otherwise, believe what you want, tbh on this board your opinion means nothing to me, i can have a good debate with others yet you just try to have wee digs, why not just ignore me if you don't like what I post.

But we love what you post.... don't we lads. :agree:

Comments like theres a chance Torres would ever come to Ibrox, Ibrox is full of bad people because its full of Celtic fans... and Rangers would be able to top the EPL in a few years...

They are all crackers... Please, keep them coming. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 06:09 PM

Where is your proof? Its just another hun trying to deflect your clubs animal fans actions, by telling lies about celtic fans.

blueisthecolour
18-10-2009, 06:12 PM
But we love what you post.... don't we lads. :agree:

Comments like theres a chance Torres would ever come to Ibrox, Ibrox is full of bad people because its full of Celtic fans... and Rangers would be able to top the EPL in a few years...

They are all crackers... Please, keep them coming. :agree:

Im not here to have a please love what I post, Im here to debate put my points forward, Im not asking or expecting folk to agree, but there have been several threads where there have been good debates only for folk to start getting personal with insults and the thread gets closed, I take the point of folk on here sometimes agree sometimes I don't, That doesn't give me the right to insult folk, it should work 2 ways.

Jones28
18-10-2009, 06:15 PM

New St Mirren park, friendly atmosphere, only ground i have been to where they thank the away supporters for coming along :agree:

I'm_cabbaged
18-10-2009, 06:21 PM

Same as the London Road area is full of huns doing the same. :agree:

blueisthecolour
18-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Same as the London Road area is full of huns doing the same. :agree:

Parkhead area is mostly rangers fans, I wasn't having a go a celtic fans when I said that, although I see it may have come across like that, what I was meaning is Ibrox is not the best area to live, mainly because of these neds ect, When I was saying it's full of celtic fans I was telling that to another poster who sounding like he thought it was a blue nose area.

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Im not here to have a please love what I post, Im here to debate put my points forward, Im not asking or expecting folk to agree, but there have been several threads where there have been good debates only for folk to start getting personal with insults and the thread gets closed, I take the point of folk on here sometimes agree sometimes I don't, That doesn't give me the right to insult folk, it should work 2 ways.

What does a Rangers fan expect on a Hibs message Board? :confused:

Of course... if we went over to one of your follow follow message boards.... we'd get treated with the utmost respect right enough. :rolleyes:

lucky
18-10-2009, 06:37 PM
worst is parkhead. Terrible view, worse stewards and the price isalways high. I also hate the idea they think we are little brothers.

Best is Tynie and Ibrox when you win.

blueisthecolour
18-10-2009, 06:43 PM

Of course... if we went over to one of your follow follow message boards.... we'd get treated with the utmost respect right enough. :rolleyes:

It's funny how it's only a few who can't have the debate, most people on here have been great on here just a select few who get personal, it's mostly the same folk spout the same rubbish no matter what the original thread was about.

No one has to respect me but at least respect your fellow fans who do like to debate and get other clubs fans points of view.

Mikey
18-10-2009, 06:47 PM

Why shouldn't he be treated with respect?

Another closed thread looming methinks.

Pollok Hibby
18-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Parkhead area is mostly rangers fans, I wasn't having a go a celtic fans when I said that, although I see it may have come across like that, what I was meaning is Ibrox is not the best area to live, mainly because of these neds ect, When I was saying it's full of celtic fans I was telling that to another poster who sounding like he thought it was a blue nose area.

I live in the Pen which isn't far from Ibrox. The outlaws are all from that area though and Huns to a man (and woman). Several neighbours are also from the Ibrox area and are the same. Unless you're inferring the large Asian local population are all card carrying, innocent bystander assaulting Tims, I would suggest you are talking through your erchie, or as Blackpool suggests, making it up or relying on your mates testimony.
There are hunners of them round here right enough (no pun intended) but I don't find them any more or less to be pitied than your lot.

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Why shouldn't he be treated with respect?

Another closed thread looming methinks.

I'm not defending the right to disrespect anyone... and i'm not trying to use their forums as a reason for doing so.

But surely there's a line between "stick" and "disrespect"

And I don't really see where the line has been crossed tbh.

But if anyone can point out any "disrespect" or personal comments made in this thread... then please feel free to correct me. :agree:

TheEastTerrace
18-10-2009, 07:00 PM

Ibrox and Parkhead are the worst grounds to visit in my experience. Vowed never to go the Ibrox again after the SC cup replay a couple of seasons ago. Started on as soon as we left the underground, spat at and called a fenien bassa/junkie/etc, then herded along the road by Strathclyde's finest. After the game, kept in for 30 mins, then told to walk to the underground one way by one set of polis, only to be told when we got there to come back the way we came and go around the stadium...aye nice one! Then into city centre and set of huns come at us for a square go. Never again.

blueisthecolour
18-10-2009, 07:01 PM
I live in the Pen which isn't far from Ibrox. The outlaws are all from that area though and Huns to a man (and woman). Several neighbours are also from the Ibrox area and are the same. Unless you're inferring the large Asian local population are all card carrying, innocent bystander assaulting Tims, I would suggest you are talking through your erchie, or as Blackpool suggests, making it up or relying on your mates testimony.
There are hunners of them round here right enough (no pun intended) but I don't find them any more or less to be pitied than your lot.

Do you know the flats at ibrox just at prw, not far from the swallow hotel, if you have passed just after 5pm on a sat after a game you would know what Im talking about, I never said all the neds where tims, I said Ibrox and govan is mostly a celtic area.

shagpile
18-10-2009, 07:04 PM

The worst places to view a game? Pittodrie & Tannadice. The best ground is Rugby Park. The pies are deeeeelicious & the view is excellent. To be fair to most other grounds bar aberdeen & Dundee utd the views are good.
Treatment wise celtic park has to be the pits ,closely followed by Ibrox.
Only one i can't vouch for is St Mirrens new ground but, Love St was always a decent place to go. No grief or stupidity there.

blueisthecolour
18-10-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm not defending the right to disrespect anyone... and i'm not trying to use their forums as a reason for doing so.

But surely there's a line between "stick" and "disrespect"

And I don't really see where the line has been crossed tbh.

But if anyone can point out any "disrespect" or personal comments made in this thread... then please feel free to correct me. :agree:

I don't mind I just see it as banter, but only last night admin took it upon themselfs to close a thread as folk started to get personal with some insults, there was some good debate on the thread and it was a pity some had to spoil it.

It's been stick on here, on another thread i was told i was filth, but hey everyone is entitled to their opinion.

hibs0666
18-10-2009, 07:13 PM

Best away game is Ibrox - the hatred is palpable and you come way feeling all superior, win or no win.

CB_NO3
18-10-2009, 07:16 PM
I like going to Ibrox, its a good view and its an excellent stadium. It is also a good trip because you can get the train and tube, making a good day out with plenty of booze. Parkhead is a shambles imo, you cant see the other goal hardly. Its a good atmospere but pi55 stadium and you can tell it gone done on the cheap (who would build a new stadium and get pillars put in). Hearts away is the best day out in the whole season. I hated going to Pittordie and Caleys stadium, both rubbish grounds but I have had some good weekends up there.

Pollok Hibby
18-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Do you know the flats at ibrox just at prw, not far from the swallow hotel, if you have passed just after 5pm on a sat after a game you would know what Im talking about, I never said all the neds where tims, I said Ibrox and govan is mostly a celtic area.

Aye I know exactly where you're talking about but you are missing my point. I merely stated that in my personal experience the PRW/Cessnock/Kinning Park area is predominently of the blue persuasion. How else to boozers like the Grapes, the District and the rest of them make a living? They don't just open on matchdays.
Either way, danger of thread hijack. The best away days I've experienced have been Swiney (when we're winning) Hampden (when we've won) and Anderlecht.

Killiehibbie
18-10-2009, 07:29 PM

Doesn't matter what set of bigoted blade merchants you happen to bump into in that cesspit of a city they're all s cumbags.
Best away game hearts.

blueisthecolour
18-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Aye I know exactly where you're talking about but you are missing my point. I merely stated that in my personal experience the PRW/Cessnock/Kinning Park area is predominently of the blue persuasion. How else to boozers like the Grapes, the District and the rest of them make a living? They don't just open on matchdays.
Either way, danger of thread hijack. The best away days I've experienced have been Swiney (when we're winning) Hampden (when we've won) and Anderlecht.

yep cessnock/kinning park bluenose areas, ibrox govan celtic areas

CB_NO3
18-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Doesn't matter what set of bigoted blade merchants you happen to bump into in that cesspit of a city they're all s cumbags.
Best away game hearts.
Am from Edinburgh and I think Glasgow is a quality city, it has good clubs, good live music scene. Much better than Edinburgh I would say.

brydekirk
18-10-2009, 07:34 PM
ibrox is the worst, i took my son to see what he thought was a great stadium. after being intimidated before getting in to the ground and it got worse. then the hot drinks pies and pish came from above. then the weegie police stood and watched as the hibs support complained and done f all about it. but hey, dont worry about it , me and my son will have the last laugh on saturday. :agree: :thumbsup:

Killiehibbie
18-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Am from Edinburgh and I think Glasgow is a quality city, it has good clubs, good live music scene. Much better than Edinburgh I would say.
Not when you're going to football it's not. Go a bit away from City Centre and quality is not a word that can be used very often.

CB_NO3
18-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Not when you're going to football it's not. Go a bit away from City Centre and quality is not a word that can be used very often.
I have been to Ibrox and Parkhead lots of times and I have never had any bother. Lets face it you can easily get into bother in Edinburgh as easy as you can in Glasgow.