PDA

View Full Version : Free Kicks

1two
18-10-2009, 01:23 PM
All teams do this but i can never understand it.

2 sometimes 3 players standing over the ball at freekicks.

Why not have 1 with the other in a position to pick up a goalkeeper rebound or to take a pass.

Monts
18-10-2009, 01:24 PM
To stop the goalkeeper knowing what to expect...

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 01:31 PM
I think 1 player sets his eyes on the near post, while the other player sets his sights on the far post...

This can put the goalie off as he isnt entirely sure whos going to take the kick.

MyJo
18-10-2009, 01:35 PM
I think 1 player sets his eyes on the near post, while the other player sets his sights on the far post...

This can put the goalie off as he isnt entirely sure whos going to take the kick.

or in our case its riordan and zemmama playing rock, paper scissors to decide who gets a go that time

Sas_The_Hibby
18-10-2009, 01:39 PM

And the third looking cross-eyed.... :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
18-10-2009, 01:43 PM

Zemmama and Benji certainly worked this theory yesterday with the penalty!! :greengrin

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 01:44 PM
And the third looking cross-eyed.... :greengrin

I've found the man who can fill that role. :wink:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/airplane%20glue%20sniffer/oldskoolxwpfan/airplane-lloyd-bridges-sniff-glue.jpg